Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

bbce 90's junk wax blowout

bbce is having some kind of blowout on early nineties junk - go to their 'new items'.

just ordered this for a riany day flippni heck of a pack attack.

141038629352 - (4) 1992 Donruss Baseball Series 1 Boxes $0.99

141038628422 - (4) 1991 Donruss Studio Baseball Boxes $0.99

360719687095 - (4) 1991 Leaf Baseball Series 1 Boxes $0.99

141038628631 - (4) 1991 Leaf Baseball Series 2 Boxes $0.99

130968808742 - (4) 1992 Leaf Baseball Series 1 Boxes $8.50

360719687519 - (4) 1992 Fleer Ultra Baseball Series 1 Boxes $8.50

360719687794 - (4) 1992 Upper Deck Baseball High Series Boxes $0.99

141038630479 - (4) 1992 Upper Deck Baseball Low Series Boxes $8.01

with shipping - 47 bucks.

Comments

• Options
    That's price per box?
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    they appear to be bids...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    bigdcardsbigdcards Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭
    To bigdcards: "you are right" - cpamike "That is correct" -grote15
  • Options
    RookieWaxRookieWax Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭
    Just ordered a few things. Those are unbelievable if correct.
  • Options
    buntbunt Posts: 625

<< <i>That's price per box? >>

nope, that comes out to a total of 32 boxes with shipping for 47 bucks. it looks like they are marking things 'sold' quickly now though. there is 87 88 89 stuff there to.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    really? I've got to think that is a bid on their ebay items, no?
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options

<< <i>bbce is having some kind of blowout on early nineties junk - go to their 'new items'.

with shipping - 47 bucks. >>

Thanks for the heads up! I just placed an order for stuff.

Just curious - was it (4) boxes at .99 cents? or 1 box? I believe its 4 boxes...
  • Options
    sportscardtheorysportscardtheory Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭
    Sooo... is this thread a joke, or what?
  • Options
    RookieWaxRookieWax Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭
    After my purchase and receiving my order confirmation e-mail, those items are showing as "sold" on their site...so these are not auctions.
  • Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well that didn't last long. I got an order in but I can't imagine these are legit sales. Has to be some sort of website screw up.
  • Options

<< <i>Well that didn't last long. I got an order in but I can't imagine these are legit sales. Has to be some sort of website screw up. >>

Anyone call BBCE?

But some are more than .99 cents so it seemed legit. If he is not blowing them out at those prices, then I would understand that its a site glitch or someone who is posting these up is going to have to answer to Steve on monday morning. lol
  • Options
    Wow, guys. I hope it's legit. Wish they would do that with junk basketball.
  • Options
    I'm not holding out hope. Some of the blowout packages were items he didn't have in-stock on his site prior to this.
  • Options
    Maybe he renegotiated the 50 cases of 1987 topps and these are the spoils

Or better, these are all questionable as to whether they have been tampered with
  • Options
    Looks like all those offers are not removed. I am guessing it was a glitch.
  • Options
    al032184al032184 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭
    Those were listed on bbce's ebay page but look like they somehow also got put up on their website, so I don't think it was legit.
  • Options
    That makes sense. Although for the life of me I can't figure out why they would put items on ebay when they're not in stock on their website. Especially when said items are something said buyer has been looking for and said buyer doesn't use ebay. This is a big bag of suck. image
  • Options
    If it was on their site should they not need to fill the orders?
  • Options
    al032184al032184 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭
    I'm guessing it was a computer error, since some bids synced up with the prices shown on their website. I don't know if they will fill the orders, but they don't have to. I have noticed they sometimes list stuff on ebay and not their site if it is "junk-type" stuff and they don't have a lot of it or it may be in less than presentable condition, in which case they photo it and let the bidders determine the price.
  • Options

<< <i>If it was on their site should they not need to fill the orders? >>

So where is the line on that? If you accidentally left out a 0 when selling your car would you sell it for 900 instead of 9000? Obviously you wouldn't. So with a smaller less extreme number, why is it different? If he wants to give away cards to keep people happy, then great, but there is no obligation imo. I'm also a customer and won't change my opinion at all if he doesn't honor a free for all on a typo / glitch.
  • Options

<< <i>Those were listed on bbce's ebay page but look like they somehow also got put up on their website, so I don't think it was legit. >>

Yeah. The price of the 4 Fleer boxes were the same as the current eBay price which I ordered

89 Fleer
  • Options
    sportscardtheorysportscardtheory Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭
    Unless it's their policy to do so, they aren't obligated to complete mistake sales.
  • Options
    I definitely don't expect them to fill my order (nor should they "have to") but it would have been nice if they listed the items on their site so I could outright buy them at whatever price they see fit.
  • Options
    ConstantineConstantine Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭
    How could anyone believe they are buying a wax box for 25 cents ?
  • Options
    bziddybziddy Posts: 710 ✭✭✭

<< <i>How could anyone believe they are buying a wax box for 25 cents ? >>

Was is 1990 Donruss?
  • Options

<< <i>How could anyone believe they are buying a wax box for 25 cents ? >>

Speaking only for myself, in this day and age of surprise free concerts and crazy promotions, it's best to go with it and find out it was no good than to wait/wonder and find out it was legit. I've noticed recently that BBCE (finally) started listing restocked items in their "new items" inventory. Since it was all junk wax and just a small sample of items I thought there was an outside chance it was some promotion to get people to start checking their new items section. At least that was the only semi-logical explanation I could come up with.

But what difference does it make? I'm not seeing anyone complaining that their orders aren't going to be filled. Like I said previously, I just wish they listed some of the items on their website as I do not use ebay and I've been waiting for them to get these items back in stock.
  • Options
    elsnortoelsnorto Posts: 2,013

<< <i>That makes sense. Although for the life of me I can't figure out why they would put items on ebay when they're not in stock on their website. Especially when said items are something said buyer has been looking for and said buyer doesn't use ebay. This is a big bag of suck. image >>

I'm just curious, Reg, why don't you use eBay? I certainly understand why people don't SELL on eBay, but not buying there? I can't imagine trying to collect most of what I do without eBay.

Snorto~
  • Options
    The answer is two-fold:

1. I'm extremely stubborn

2. Ebay fracked me. I decided that instead of bending over the barrell and taking it and being just another person on a message board that cries the evils of ebay and does nothing about it I would cease using them.
  • Options

<< <i>I'm just curious, Reg, why don't you use eBay? I certainly understand why people don't SELL on eBay, but not buying there? I can't imagine trying to collect most of what I do without eBay.

Snorto~ >>

Agreed. I get almost all my best cards from eBAY. This includes a fair
    amount of unopened.

Not to beat a dead horse and you guys know where I stand -- but there is life beyond BBCE.
    You should check it out sometime.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the PSA 10 collector he didn't exist.

DaveB in St.Louis
  • Options

<< <i>Not to beat a dead horse and you guys know where I stand -- but there is life beyond BBCE.
    You should check it out sometime. >>

Your wisdom and comprehension of the subjects being discussed marvel me. Well done.
  • Options
    BBCEBBCE Posts: 111
    WOW! What the heck happened last night!?! I left the office around 5:30 CST and just logged onto the computer a few hours ago. That was some sale we had last night that nobody here at BBCE knew about!

What happened is that the company who runs our website has designed some new things. It is going to synch our website inventory and ebay together with one click of the button. All the items on our website can all go to Ebay as a BUITNOW in our ebay store. It also works the other way (all of our items on ebay can go into our website). HOWEVER......it appears something on the IT end didn't go right!! The auctions we have going on ebay currently, which started at 99 cents, are the only items that went to our website (for 99 cents)!

I realize that I have the right to just make this go away. It is an obvious mistake by our website people that has nothing to do with my team here at BBCE. However, I am going to fill all the orders that came in on the website at the 99 cent price for 4 box lots (some of the lots had been bid up on ebay, so a few of them are more than 99 cents). So anybody who did place an order through the website for these items will have the orders filled and shipped Monday morning. All that I ask is that we will charge the correct shipping prices, as that was screwed up also (It figured a 4 box lot at 1 pound).

I guess the website company will have to spit shine the "ebay synch" a little better before they try this again! I'm also glad we didn't have 4 box lots of 1993 SP up for auction this week on Ebay!

Thanks to all! Steve Hart

• Options
    thehallmarkthehallmark Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭
    I dare the trolls to post something negative about BBCE in this situation...
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Class move by the most reputable seller in the business.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Class move by the most reputable seller in the business. >>

Joe

Edited to add: 1 hour 50 minutes to go .
  • Options
    I just swapped emails with Steve and actually tried to convince him to cancel the orders (which would have been more than reasonable, in my opinion) and he insisted on filling them. I'll be the first to admit that I nitpick sometimes about his website but that's only because it's really the only (minute) fault I can find in the business. This is just another example in the long line of stand-up moves by Steve. I honestly can't imagine any other company filling these orders when it was so obviously a technical mistake. Just a class move by Steve (and WAY beyond what should be expected).

On the bright side (for Steve), at least it was late-80s/early-90s wax and not stuff from the 70s. Undoubtedly, this should increase his page views on the new items section.
  • Options

<< <i>Class move by the most reputable seller in the business. >>

That is the understatement of the year!!

I really did not expect the orders to get fulfilled, but I am taken aback by the generosity and integrity the BBCE have as a business. Thank you.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Steve ... what an amazing gesture on your part. Hope this brings even more goodwill to your company.

PS. Next time your IT guys design something new, please send me an email if you are putting up some unopened 60's items that night! LOL
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    tmgrnzx9rtmgrnzx9r Posts: 546 ✭✭✭
    Wow!! Nice move by the team at bbce.
    This is why at 9 pm est tonight the cu boards will crash!!!
  • Options
    cincyredlegscincyredlegs Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭
    Great job Steve. Customer service at it's finest.

Mark
    Project:

T206 Set - 300/524
  • Options

<< <i>I dare the trolls to post something negative about BBCE in this situation... >>

Steve used caps to provide emphasis on some words, so he should have typed I.T. do differentiate between Information Technology and the emphasized word "it".

Sorry, that's the best I could come up with.... but I am sure someone who has never dealt with BBCE will be along to call us all sheep soon enough. image

Snorto~

P.S. Steve you DID see my order for 4 cases of 1989 Score Football at $0.99 each, right? image
  • Options
    My goodness, check out bunts original order. Pretty great

<< <i>bbce is having some kind of blowout on early nineties junk - go to their 'new items'.

with shipping - 47 bucks. >>

• Options
    thehallmarkthehallmark Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭
    Those of you that placed orders and are going to benefit from Steve's decision, you could pay it forward in any number of ways. Just throwing that out there.
  • Options
    PorkinsPorkins Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I dare the trolls to post something negative about BBCE in this situation... >>

Wow!! Absolutely... Where are you naysayers from that thread Snuffy started the other day?
  • Options
    Baez578Baez578 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭
    Wow...class act.
  • Options
    buntbunt Posts: 625
    I'm going to write this off as getting lucky for once in my life and roll with it and have fun bustin a ton of junk image You can have 2 packs of each type hallmark, will ship them to you, or anyone else interested. I feel a little guilty here but I really didn't do anything wrong and I think with BBCE's class they won't even think about just making it go away. With the added shipping for 32 junk boxes, it's not really going to be steal for me, and this stuff would probably sit on the shelves for quite a while so no extreme loss to the seller. As he mentioned, this ain't 93 SP type stuff.

I saw the 'specials' out there and thought they could possibly be out to free up some space. I would like to confirm though I am totally unequivocally fine if this all vanished. Will continue with baseball card exchange being pretty much the only place I go to.
  • Options

<< <i>

Wow!! Absolutely... Where are you naysayers from that thread Snuffy started the other day? >>

You mean BBCE Survivor Island - Mad Hatters vs Man Crushers? I think in that thread most of the vitriol was aimed at Reed. A lot of the Mad Hatters were Man Crushing Steve in that thread. Maybe some of the Mad Hatters didn't make it off the Island before the moderator locked it up. Some of the others might be tuckered out by being Mad Hatters in the Probstein oligopoly thread. While other got the message of the locked thread and do not want to tempt fate. Lets not taunt the Mad Hatters. They are lurking, watching and waiting to pounce on the next faux pas.

Anyway, nice move by Steve. I would think a little of the sting of the loss got wiped away last night by the Group Rippers. Oh the carnage of those piranhas! (LOL)

• Options
    Class move to be sure and I'm not surprised at all. Small loss for Steve and it buys them a lot of respect and I don't mean for that to sound negative.
  • Options
    Everybody knew it was a mistake.

Just my opinion but I think it's disgusting that you guys are going to take advantage of it.
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    heh heh. typical Maurice post.

as if Steve needed any additions to his already overwhelming saga of mythical well dones.

but, i shall opine that this incredibly popular 99 cent idea deserves to be rolled out at least once a year. image
  • Options

<< <i>Everybody knew it was a mistake.

Just my opinion but I think it's disgusting that you guys are going to take advantage of it. >>

What do you calculate Steve's real losses are on these boxes? What do you calculate the value of the good will of fulfilling the orders is? What do you calculate the tax write off as? I am just curious as to how badly Steve is being victimized here by the people taking advantage of him.