Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

bbce 90's junk wax blowout

Comments

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Everybody knew it was a mistake.

Just my opinion but I think it's disgusting that you guys are going to take advantage of it. >>

What do you calculate Steve's real losses are on these boxes? What do you calculate the value of the good will of fulfilling the orders is? What do you calculate the tax write off as? I am just curious as to how badly Steve is being victimized here by the people taking advantage of him. >>

I see all of that as being irrelevant. Where I come from, when someone treats you well, you don't take advantage of them.
  • Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just my opinion but I think it's disgusting that you guys are going to take advantage of it. >>

Maurice, you're correct. I strongly suspected it was a mistake after I placed the order. Did I know that for sure? No, I didn't. We're not talking about 1980 Topps boxes, it was all junk wax that sells for ~$10/box. Is it beyond the realm of possibility that Steve had a boatload of this stuff and was just throwing up a few dozen lots as a surprise sale to garner website traffic? I don't believe so. Like I said previously, just recently did Steve start listing restocked items in his "New Items" category. Prior to this, only items that had never been listed on Steve's site before got placed in that section. I believe these items were only listed in that section.

I haven't seen a single comment from anyone that placed an order demanding (or even expecting) the orders to be filled. I know I didn't and expressed that sentiment to Steve when he emailed me.

I find an overwhelming number of your posts to be thoughtful and contributing. While your personal disgust for my handling of this situation isn't a big deal to me in the grand scheme of things, I believe you to be off-base in this matter.
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

What do you calculate Steve's real losses are on these boxes? What do you calculate the value of the good will of fulfilling the orders is? What do you calculate the tax write off as? I am just curious as to how badly Steve is being victimized here by the people taking advantage of him. >>

I see all of that as being irrelevant. Where I come from, when someone treats you well, you don't take advantage of them. >>

Obviously the line of ethical ambiguity has been reached.
  • Options
    DodgerfanjohnDodgerfanjohn Posts: 490 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

I see all of that as being irrelevant. Where I come from, when someone treats you well, you don't take advantage of them. >>

I don't disagree with this sentiment and had I ordered and found out its a mistake listing, I would have cancelled my order.

I won a mid 90's set on eBay for $0.1 and shipping was $10. Actual shipping when I received the package was something like $13.50

I immediately sent the guy the amount of additional shipping via PayPal. I didn't have to, and he had no recourse, but it just seemed crappy to me that the guy already took a bath on a set that is a $25 set in a shop and then actually had to pay out of pocket for part of the shipping.

In fact, I would bet that some who ordered already asked to cancel their orders.
  • Options
    bigdcardsbigdcards Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭
    Edit: to remove my participation in what became a good will thread that had now gone bad.
    To bigdcards: "you are right" - cpamike "That is correct" -grote15
  • Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steve is a 100% grade "A" class act. And that is well before this happened.
    That being said, I think alot of people have taken advantage of BBCE and Steve regarding this matter.
    Steve has been nothing but Honorable, gracious, and kind to me in person and over the phone.
    I will leave it at that.

Paul.

P.S. I bought nothing during the glitch.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    Congrats on the deal...I hope you find gold in them boxes...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options

<< <i>your personal disgust for my handling of this situation >>

Not at all, Reggie. Earlier you wrote:

"I just swapped emails with Steve and actually tried to convince him to cancel the orders (which would have been more than reasonable, in my opinion) and he insisted on filling them."

My disgust is directed towards the guys just sitting back, with shameless smiles on their faces, waiting for their mistake orders to arrive.

• Options
    buntbunt Posts: 625
    If directing that at me ya 'blank', I had also fired a reply back to bbce to not worry about it. They won't cancel it out.
  • Options
    Speaking of class acts, here is bunt's post prior to editing.

• Options
    Maurice, why would anyone care if they were the cause of your disgust? You're nobody.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>your personal disgust for my handling of this situation >>

Not at all, Reggie. Earlier you wrote:

"I just swapped emails with Steve and actually tried to convince him to cancel the orders (which would have been more than reasonable, in my opinion) and he insisted on filling them."

My disgust is directed towards the guys just sitting back, with shameless smiles on their faces, waiting for their mistake orders to arrive. >>

Maurice, while I appreciate your clarification I still think you might be making a leap. You're assuming that others didn't have the same conversation with Steve that I did. While it's certainly not unreasonable that you have information that the rest of us don't (which has happened numerous times in the past), if you're just assuming it then I think that's unfair to those involved.
  • Options

<< <i>Maurice, why would anyone care if they were the cause of your disgust? You're nobody. >>

That seems out of line.
  • Options

<< <i>That seems out of line. >>

Yet accurate.
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    GOLD I SAY....

keep us all posted with your haul...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,585 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>GOLD I SAY....

keep us all posted with your haul... >>

Do I detect a note of facetiousness in this response, Swartzie, lol..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Some people will take every inch in life if they can ...right/wrong, morality and personal ethics are becoming a thing of the past.
  • Options
    bigdcardsbigdcards Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Some people will take every inch in life if they can ...right/wrong, morality and personal ethics are becoming a thing of the past. >>

yes, history is filled with generation after generation of high level morality and this card thing here is a sign of the terrible turn we have taken.
    To bigdcards: "you are right" - cpamike "That is correct" -grote15
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Time to kill this thread.
  • Options

<< <i>Time to kill this thread. >>

Or some of the people who post in it.

Just kidding. image
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    I firmly believe that if you take any good situation, no matter how positive, the combined members of this board can turn it into a heaping pile of crap. It's no coincidence that most of the time the crap-fest is lead by the same few members. You guys suck.
  • Options
    Baez578Baez578 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭

<< <i>It's no coincidence that most of the time the crap-fest is lead by the same few members. You guys suck. >>

+1
  • Options
    AUPTAUPT Posts: 806 ✭✭✭
    A quick read of the eBay "labels" section seems to indicate all labels are 8.5" x 11".

Am I reading that correctly?

How does one get labels for #000 bubblemailers, etc.?
  • Options
    Guys, the massive junk box of pure gold arrived last evening. 32 boxes. If anyone is near zip code 85201 and would like to take some of this please email me at longgone2@cox.net. You can stop by and take 4 boxes. Spreading the junk wealth here.. If you can come by and pick it up all yours.

BBCE couldn't make this go away, it would have been worse. You saw how some people got all huffy on us who got in on this, just think what those same people would have gone off on BBCE for not honoring it.

• Options

Nobody around zip 85201 ? I could meet you at a local circle k like a drug deal in the parking lot and hand over some boxes. This stuff will probably be sitting like it is for the next month so if anyone sees this later let me know. Will open some here and there so won't last forever.

Pure gold I say ! Rumor has it real 1973 Clemente's were randomly inserted in the Studio boxes image
  • Options
    Got mine in yesterday as well. Its a respectable amount from the late 80's.

• Options
    at the very least, rip those '92 UD & Donruss'

Williams, Bench/Morgan and Ripken Autos (Although VERY unlikely) possible in those, respectively
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options

Havin' fun with my junk while watching Nascar. (wait, did I just say that?)

One box of 1991 Leaf S1. Harmon K fans should like this.

• Options
    BUNT - interested in selling me a box of each UD baseball & 1 of the Donruss??
  • Options
    KbKardsKbKards Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭
    How about $30 a box, Paypal gift, plus exact shipping. Plus a 20% premium for the BBCE shrink wrap.
  • Options

<< <i>BUNT - interested in selling me a box of each UD baseball & 1 of the Donruss?? >>

hey DetroitSquirrel - a couple of the donruss are already gone so am kepping the two left, but can send you out one each of the UD's. When you get them just paypal whatever you think is fair. (shipping) Please email me at longgone2@cox.net with an address and will ship them out some day this week.
  • Options
    vettfanaticvettfanatic Posts: 643 ✭✭✭
    Lets see some of those 92 Fleer Ultra cards. I always thought those were really sharp looking.

Jeff
  • Options
    1 box of 1992 Fleer Ultra Series 1

• Options
    addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>1 box of 1992 Fleer Ultra Series 1

image >>

Lets see 1,2,3,4 mullets. Wow!
  • Options
    Those Gwynn's are cool!
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    the only thing I don't like about the fleer ultra is they tend to stick together over time.....I had one set basically ruined when cards were stuck together......
  • Options
    1 box of 1992 Donruss S1

• Options
    1 box of 1991 Leaf Studio

• Options
    But did you get the one with the parrot on his shoulder? Thats the most expensive card!

(I cant say the actual bird type because it contains a dirty word)
  • Options
    These 91 Leaf Studio sets are huge ! Somebody has a lot of 263 cards for sale on ebay and it almost has a 99 cent bid on it ! no parrott though.
  • Options

<< <i>These 91 Leaf Studio sets are huge ! Somebody has a lot of 263 cards for sale on ebay and it almost has a 99 cent bid on it ! no parrott though. >>

• Options
    1 box of 1992 Upper Deck Baseball High Series

• Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    92 Upper Deck was always a favorite of mine. Simple design with great photography.
  • Options
    1 box of 1991 Leaf S2. hmm. Killebrew puzzle same as S1. Note though, ebay sellers have some of the same here for enormous prices. Would strongly recommend junk over anything considered vintage if looking to profit. As if a 1980 Topps baseball box could bring more profit than this.

• Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    How many Cal Ripken cards have you pulled so far?
  • Options

<< <i>How many Cal Ripken cards have you pulled so far? >>

None, he only got some guy Cal Ripken Jr. image
  • Options
    RookieWaxRookieWax Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭
    Still love those 1991 Leaf Gold Rookies. I still remember how thrilled I was when I pulled the Ryan Klesko and Jeff Bagwell cards. I believe those were the very first SP premium rookie card inserts.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>How many Cal Ripken cards have you pulled so far? >>

None, he only got some guy Cal Ripken Jr. image >>

haha.. two ! and they say 'Cal Ripken' on them. That's what got me started on the Jr thing image
  • Options
    1 box of 1992 Upper Deck Series 1.

Anybody in Las Vegas now ? The pawn stars official 'card shop' and 'toy store' are right down the street here on fremont. Slightly interesting. If here, please let me know and I'll buy a round today.