Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2013 American Eagle West Point Two-Coin Silver Set

124»

Comments

• Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

Nothing like being a "Day Dreamer" and good luck with your scenario. There is no such thing as a reasonable priced FS 70 Rev. Proof coin. Best try to build one yourself via a US Mint purchase. >>

Thanks OPA, I'll keep dreaming. image
  • Options
    UNLVinoUNLVino Posts: 416
    I got one for the collection. Have every other reverse proof, so I keep on going. I prefer to keep them all in OGP. As far a premium, well it's bought for enjoyment. Sometimes you pay more for what you want. Good thing about money, you can always make more! Uncle Sam sure does!! image
  • Options
    goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 618 ✭✭✭

<< <i>So let me get this straight. First I purchase a set from the mint for $145 shipped, then I send it to PCGS for another $100 or so (fees and shipping). So for $245 or $122.50 per ounce, I have two silver eagles that will end up in a smelter. Good grief I think I'll stick to purchasing 10 regular ASEs at that price.

Then again, the flip may work with 70FS sets. >>

All true, but if you plan to sell on ebay, plan on PP, ebay and shipping fees, so you'd be looking at maybe $300 just to break even. Plus, you are assuming you get 70's, if you send 5 sets in and only get one 70 set, then you are stuck with 69 sets that you will probably not break even with....

• Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>So let me get this straight. First I purchase a set from the mint for $145 shipped, then I send it to PCGS for another $100 or so (fees and shipping). So for $245 or $122.50 per ounce, I have two silver eagles that will end up in a smelter. Good grief I think I'll stick to purchasing 10 regular ASEs at that price.

All true, but if you plan to sell on ebay, plan on PP, ebay and shipping fees, so you'd be looking at maybe $300 just to break even. Plus, you are assuming you get 70's, if you send 5 sets in and only get one 70 set, then you are stuck with 69 sets that you will probably not break even with.... >>

Now, if the set were limited to 50,000....
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

All true, but if you plan to sell on ebay, plan on PP, ebay and shipping fees, so you'd be looking at maybe $300 just to break even. Plus, you are assuming you get 70's, if you send 5 sets in and only get one 70 set, then you are stuck with 69 sets that you will probably not break even with.... >>

Not sure where you got your figure of $300 from. I doubt if you will be able to find any PCGS MS70 FS rev. proof's ever produced for anything close to $300. Don't forget the 2d coin, a unique uncirc. ASE, only time will tell what a PCGS 70 FS will fetch for that coin. eBay fee for coins is 7%, less 20% of F.V.F , if you own a store and are a top rated seller....PP approx 3% or less.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options

<< <i>

Now, if the set were limited to 50,000.... >>

Yep, that's the problem. There will be to many of this issue. 300K plus is not rare. The 92 through 94 proof ASEs held significant premiums a few years ago, until more "somewhat low" mintage ASEs came along (all burnished ASEs, 2006 and 2012 rev proofs, 2012 S mint proof). All hold a premium, but the premium keeps shrinking as more "somewhat low" mintage ASEs appear.

Also, more of the same type. How many more enhanced ASE variations in the next few years?
  • Options
    300k is not rare, however, for ASE's, anything less than 500k is considered "low." BTW the Back Order date for this set, is now 9/30...it appears to me, that there is a substantial demand. Also, the demand & supply equation will dictate whatever premium is placed in this set in the future.
  • Options

<< <i>Also, the demand & supply equation will dictate whatever premium is placed in this set in the future. >>

Don't forget the HSN and other sources that can "hype" demand for these types of issues.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Now, if the set were limited to 50,000.... >>

Yep, that's the problem. There will be to many of this issue. 300K plus is not rare. The 92 through 94 proof ASEs held significant premiums a few years ago, until more "somewhat low" mintage ASEs came along (all burnished ASEs, 2006 and 2012 rev proofs, 2012 S mint proof). All hold a premium, but the premium keeps shrinking as more "somewhat low" mintage ASEs appear.

Also, more of the same type. How many more enhanced ASE variations in the next few years? >>

counter is at 138,514.. as of Friday
  • Options
    To those of us who were wondering if the Mint had them available in N.O.---- The answer is no.

"The U.S. Mint only had a sample at the show. All sales are being made on line or via the telephone."

This should eliminate any First Strike issues for possible N.O. early sets.
  • Options

<< <i>The Mint Strikes Again!image

This will be fun to watch, as usual. I'm guessing 415,000 by the cut-off date. >>

Almost half way there....counter as of 5PM ... 5/13.....182,773
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Not sure where you got your figure of $300 from. I doubt if you will be able to find any PCGS MS70 FS rev. proof's ever produced for anything close to $300. Don't forget the 2d coin, a unique uncirc. ASE, only time will tell what a PCGS 70 FS will fetch for that coin. eBay fee for coins is 7%, less 20% of F.V.F , if you own a store and are a top rated seller....PP approx 3% or less. >>

Here's one:

link

and then there's the 69 for less than $100

link
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Not sure where you got your figure of $300 from. I doubt if you will be able to find any PCGS MS70 FS rev. proof's ever produced for anything close to $300. Don't forget the 2d coin, a unique uncirc. ASE, only time will tell what a PCGS 70 FS will fetch for that coin. eBay fee for coins is 7%, less 20% of F.V.F , if you own a store and are a top rated seller....PP approx 3% or less. >>

Here's one:

link

I said FIRST STRIKE PCGS 70. your reference link is for a none...keep searching and let me know if you find one....but it may be a long search on your part.

and then there's the 69 for less than $100

link >>

• Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    It says pcgs 1st strike 70 on the label? maybe I'm not following what you're saying...Can you show me one?

Here's another one and maybe I'm missing something but it took me 20 seconds to find?:

link to another one
  • Options

<< <i>It says pcgs 1st strike 70 on the label? maybe I'm not following what you're saying...Can you show me one?

Here's another one and maybe I'm missing something but it took me 20 seconds to find?:

link to another one >>

Yup...that's what I was talking about...FS American Flag Label . Although it sold for slightly above $300 and it was from last years issue, somebody got a good deal. Not gonna come close to that price for the 2006 or 2011 issued ones. For the 2013, I feel the enhanced unc will be the hot item and more profitable one. It would not surprise me to see a PCGS 70 FS 2 coin set selling between $500-$700. We shall see. I only ordered one set and it's not going to get graded.
  • Options
    CoinMaster1229CoinMaster1229 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭
    Do we still need unopened packages to get first strike?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file