Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2013 American Eagle West Point Two-Coin Silver Set

Comments

• Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I've got other things to do this morning besides watching the woefully inadequate mint server trying to process a few orders. If I'm not the first on my block to own one of these it won't be the end of the world. I'll try again in a few hours...
  • Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will not stop dialing until I get though, like the Terminator, I will not stop!
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got the overloaded server too. About 20 minutes worth. Wasn't the ordering system supoed to be updated to eliminate this kind of thing?

• Options
    Classof67Classof67 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭
    Averaging about 200 orders per minute.
    GREAT BST transactions with Wondercoin, segoja, moderncoinmart, notwilight, wingsrule, 123cents, fivecents, hunted, alohagary, ibzman350, WTCG, sonofagunk, amigo, coincoins, dcgolfer, chumley, nycounsel, tootawl, guitarwes, kimber45ACP, Zubie, Egger, RYK, 1tommy, EagleEye, NEFPROLLC, jmdm1194, Coinfolio
  • Options
    bsshog40bsshog40 Posts: 3,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no limits to these, so I'm surprised that there would be such a jam right off the bat!!
  • Options
    3stars3stars Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's the rush? You have a month...
    Previous transactions: Wondercoin, goldman86, dmarks, Type2
  • Options
    CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The site must be jammed with flippers hoping to submit their sets for First Strike status. I haven't even been able to log in yet. If there are that many orders being placed, I find it hard to believe that it will be worth much over issue price for a looong time.

Jim
    Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,972 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>There is no limits to these, so I'm surprised that there would be such a jam right off the bat!! >>

Definite flippers for First Strike
  • Options
    shorecollshorecoll Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    With a one month order period, aren't they ALL First Strike eligible?
    ANA-LM, NBS, EAC
  • Options
    The people that missed the 2011 25th Anniversary sets are trying to catch up. I see a box of 5 sets at $3.5K mark in my head image
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,321 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>With a one month order period, aren't they ALL First Strike eligible? >>

Not even close.
    It goes by the shipping date and the timer starts when the first ones ship.
    As in the past, if the first ones ship (day 1) and the shipping for the rest stretches out, some of them may very well be time-stamped (for shipping) more than 30+ days later.
    Those would NOT be 1st strike eligible.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    bsshog40bsshog40 Posts: 3,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The rush is because if you are not in today you will be out for 1st strike and it will be harder to flip after the 1st strike is over. The US-Mint will brake up shipping in 3 parts and 2nd phase will cut it close for fliping.... image

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    GritsManGritsMan Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭
    I just continue to be astonished at the industry these little paper labels have generated! What a racket!
    Winner of the Coveted Devil Award June 8th, 2010
  • Options
    BanemorthBanemorth Posts: 986 ✭✭✭
    Finally managed to get my order through online. I'm in for 5 sets image
    Justin From Jersey

Successful Transactions With: JoeLewis, Mkman123, Harry779, Grote15, gdavis70, Kryptonitecomics
  • Options
    Just got my confirmation email.

Qty 5 @ $139.95 - Backordered 07/25/13.

Phew! July 25th.
    Justin From Jersey

Successful Transactions With: JoeLewis, Mkman123, Harry779, Grote15, gdavis70, Kryptonitecomics
  • Options
    goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 618 ✭✭✭
    Just ordered, took two seconds.

No problems.

Nothing showing under Order Tracking, that's fine, they probably shut that down to free up processing power.

• Options
    rogerdiehlrogerdiehl Posts: 97 ✭✭
    We are waaaaaaaaaaayyyyy past the First Strike dates....if the first orders ship on June 17th the last one shipped for First Strike labelling is July 16th...

Order for 4 – 12:06pm
    1. 2013 AE WP 2-COIN SILVER PROOF SET (S40)
    Qty 4 @ $139.95 - Backordered 06/17/13.

Order for 3 – 2:49pm
    Qty 3 @ $139.95 - Backordered 07/25/13.

Order for 3 – 2.49pm
    Qty 3 @ $139.95 - Backordered 07/25/13.
  • Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>We are waaaaaaaaaaayyyyy past the First Strike dates....if the first orders ship on June 17th the last one shipped for First Strike labelling is July 16th...
    Order for 4 – 12:06pm 1. 2013 AE WP 2-COIN SILVER PROOF SET (S40) Qty 4 @ $139.95 - Backordered 06/17/13.
    Order for 3 – 2:49pm 1. 2013 AE WP 2-COIN SILVER PROOF SET (S40) Qty 3 @ $139.95 - Backordered 07/25/13.
    Order for 3 – 2.49pm 1. 2013 AE WP 2-COIN SILVER PROOF SET (S40) Qty 3 @ $139.95 - Backordered 07/25/13. >>

Maybe the backorder dates have nothing to do with the number of sets ordered, but rather whether the order was completed before or after the system crash. Does anybody have an order completed after the crash with a Backorder date of 6/17?
  • Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭
    Mine were completed at 1pm and show a 7/11 ship date

Backordered 07/11/13.
  • Options
    My order confirmation email said 7/25 but when I just logged into my order summary it says:

2013 AE WP 2-COIN SILVER PROOF SET 5 $139.95 $699.75 5 units backordered. Expected to ship on 07/11/2013.

Edit: Completed my order at 2:45PM EST
    Justin From Jersey

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any orders that ship after 6/24 will probably be subject to getting returns, with capsules that have been previously opened & manhandled.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    I ordered 5 all single orders by 1 PM using Google Chrome. Will keep sealed. Not worth getting graded. Like a fine wine maybe these will mature into something but doubt it.
  • Options

<< <i>Mine were completed at 1pm and show a 7/11 ship date

Backordered 07/11/13. >>

Ummm....just checked again....my 7/11 ship date has changed to 6/17

Probably will bounce all round until they actually start shipping which will be after the order period is completed...
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Mine were completed at 1pm and show a 7/11 ship date

Backordered 07/11/13. >>

Ummm....just checked again....my 7/11 ship date has changed to 6/17

Probably will bounce all round until they actually start shipping which will be after the order period is completed... >>

i agree, nothing is set yet.

• Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>According to the acting mint director these sets will be offered for sale by the mint at the New Orleans Money Show on May 9, same day they are first offered on the mint website. >>

So does the "First Strike" clock start ticking when sets are available at the show or when the first sets are shipped to customers from the Mint?

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,377 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Anyone attending the New Orleans show on Thursday please let us know if the Mint was selling and delivering the sets on site or just taking orders. >>

Anyone?

Rampant currency debasement will be the most important investment trend of this decade, and it will devastate most people.
    - Nick Giambruno
    Buy dollar insurance now, because the policy will cost more as the dollar becomes worth less.

• Options
    Probably shipped, that's how they did the 5 ozers .

Actually the 5oz are still available for first strike, so maybe ALL these will be available for First Strike.

Just depends on what the big dealers want, pcgs will do what ever they say.

• Options
    edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    If these are available over the counter at the show then that will probably start
    the 30 day first strike clock. the shipping dates are only estimated, the dates
    will slip, cancellations, credit card issues, etc. I would rather have An order on
    the books, to cancel it later , than not have one. Even beyond first strike, there
    could be an error, mule, etc who knows.

(l8-)>>

• Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You never know.....image looks like they are in to Aug for shipping now, That was fast. I got in 20min after open for a small batch. image

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    JustlookingJustlooking Posts: 2,895
    Can't be slower than Canada. But I believe I'll pass.
    Let's try not to get upset.
  • Options
    First day's sales are 140,648.
  • Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭
    Any news from PCGS or NGC how these will be handled.

Do they have to be sent in sealed or can they be screened first.

Joe
  • Options
    tlake22tlake22 Posts: 299 ✭✭
    they can be screened as long as PCGS receives them prior to their cutoff date.
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>First day's sales are 140,648. >>

Counter up says 138,514...
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Counter up says 138,514... >>

Yuck, already? I'm canceling. Everyone else should too. These are dead flippers.
  • Options
    OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    05/10/2013 at 02:02 PM
    2 units backordered. Expected to ship on 08/08/2013.

Not in it for flipping, just cant believe its that long...
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • Options
    nagsnags Posts: 797 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>05/10/2013 at 02:02 PM
    2 units backordered. Expected to ship on 08/08/2013.

Not in it for flipping, just cant believe its that long... >>

I just ordered a few with the same estimated ship date. I find it odd that the folks that want to do a flip are the same folks that make the product nonflippable.
  • Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My order logged at 12:22 because of the server crush. Logged in at 11:55 and at 12:01 clicked on the add to cart button Shipping date on the track order page is still shows 6/17.

• Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭

<< <i>they can be screened as long as PCGS receives them prior to their cutoff date. >>

Thank you,

Hopefully they will arrive early enough to receive First Strike.

I like the Blue Flag labels. image

Joe
  • Options

<< <i>

Yup, the article that I read was before the counter was active....

Mint News Blog
  • Options
    CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Yuck, already? I'm canceling. Everyone else should too. These are dead flippers. >>

I think the big flippers on tv with deep pockets are gonna kill the little flippers on these. They may even get their own fancy label.
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What will receiving room at PCGS be like when the flood of submissions starts?
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What will receiving room at PCGS be like when the flood of submissions starts? >>

They are used to it. It has happened numerous times over the last 10 years.image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    So let me get this straight. First I purchase a set from the mint for $145 shipped, then I send it to PCGS for another $100 or so (fees and shipping). So for $245 or $122.50 per ounce, I have two silver eagles that will end up in a smelter. Good grief I think I'll stick to purchasing 10 regular ASEs at that price.

Then again, the flip may work with 70FS sets.
  • Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be nice if silver drops again and they drop the price of the set. Love to chill out the investor crew in favor of true collectors...
    Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Were sets available from the Mint at the New Orleans show?

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Yuck, already? I'm canceling. Everyone else should too. These are dead flippers. >>

I think the big flippers on tv with deep pockets are gonna kill the little flippers on these. They may even get their own fancy label. >>

Which is why I'm going to sit on the sidelines for two years, wait for the hub-bub to die down and then get the set in 70 grade for a reasonable price. The dreaded milkspot on these should emerge by then. Flippers / holders will want to sell in a couple of years, and move on to the next thing. I'm out on buying this set direct from the mint. Too many unknowns. Random milkspot, possible tough grading and a high price from the mint are showstoppers. But, if I wait two years to buy, I think I will get a 70 grade set at a minimal premium vs. the original asking price from the mint and cheaper if I tried to get some 70s graded myself immediately from original shipment.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

I think the big flippers on tv with deep pockets are gonna kill the little flippers on these. They may even get their own fancy label. >>

Which is why I'm going to sit on the sidelines for two years, wait for the hub-bub to die down and then get the set in 70 grade for a reasonable price. The dreaded milkspot on these should emerge by then. Flippers / holders will want to sell in a couple of years, and move on to the next thing. I'm out on buying this set direct from the mint. Too many unknowns. Random milkspot, possible tough grading and a high price from the mint are showstoppers. But, if I wait two years to buy, I think I will get a 70 grade set at a minimal premium vs. the original asking price from the mint and cheaper if I tried to get some 70s graded myself immediately from original shipment. >>

Nothing like being a "Day Dreamer" and good luck with your scenario. There is no such thing as a reasonable priced FS 70 Rev. Proof coin. Best try to build one yourself via a US Mint purchase.
  • Options

<< <i>So let me get this straight. First I purchase a set from the mint for $145 shipped, then I send it to PCGS for another $100 or so (fees and shipping). So for $245 or $122.50 per ounce, I have two silver eagles that will end up in a smelter. Good grief I think I'll stick to purchasing 10 regular ASEs at that price.

Then again, the flip may work with 70FS sets. >>

It's obvious you do not have a 2006 PCGS graded rev proof in either silver or gold. Those who do, me included, do not share in your scenario. Regular ASE's are a "dime a dozen" and tied to the price of silver. On the other hand, if you buy your bullion silver coins today, and if silver goes back up to $50 per oz within the next 2 years, you will be ahead of the game.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file