Home Sports Talk
Options

2012 SF Giants discussion: NL West Champs

Comments

• Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    It's meaningless, but it's still fun to look at.

All Time AT&T Park Splash Hit Leaders:
    SF - Barry Bonds = 35 (1996 pa)
    SF - Pablo Sandoval = 6 (1062 pa)
    SF - Brandon Belt = 3 (284 pa)

Visitors Splash Hit Leaders:
    Carlos Delgado = 3 (54 pa)
    Adam LaRoche = 3 (99 pa)

My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    2012 SF Giants discussion 9/7: vs the Dodgers

4.5 games back in the West, the Dodgers come to AT&T Park looking to do damage. The last time they were in SF back in July, they swept the Giants. Doing so again would probably do wonders for the supposed lack of chemistry the team supposedly has.

Giants are coming off of a pair of losses from a 1-2 series vs the D-Backs. Giants are 6-4 in their last 10 (Braves, Astros, Cubs, D-Backs).
    Dodgers are also coming off a pair of losses from a 1-2 series vs the Padres. Dodgers are 4-6 in their last 10 (Rockies, DBacks, Padres).

On the flip side...

Dodgers are 6-4 in their last 10 road games (Pirates, Braves, Rockies), outscoring opponents 59-49
    Giants are 4-6 in their last 10 home games (Nats, Braves, DBacks), getting outscored 53-62.

Pessimistic Prediction: Giants loose 2 of 3. Beckett dominates tonight as Lincecum struggles continue. On Saturday, Campuano will melt down harder than Cain and the Giants will pull out a win. Then the rubber match will be won by Dodgers in lopsided fashion behind a Kershaw gem and an early Zito/Mota/Penny meltdown. Zito, Mota, and Penny will be in and out of the game by the time the 5th inning rolls around.

Optimistic prediction: Giants sweep, and Belt adds another Splash Hit to his resume. Lincecum isn't totally to form, but he mixes and matches his off-speed stuff effectively and keeps the Dodgers hitters off balance all night. Beckett gets rocked. Hard. Cain dispatches the Dodgers behind an onslaught of offence against Campuano, who'll exit by the 4th. Zito will pull out another of those "WTF!?!?" performances and "Cain's" Kershaw in a 2-0 win.

• Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    Dodgers really need 2 out of 3 here... at least if this is going to be a battle down the stretch. Anything less will put major pressure on them the rest of the way. 4.5 games today is no problem but 5.5 or worse after this weekend will seem like a big hill. Should be fun.
  • Options
    Moar pitchers! Giants purchase contract and call up RHP Yusmeiro Petit from AAA Fresno. Corresponding 40 man move pending.

Petit went 7-7 for the Fresno Grizzlies this year, posting a 3.46 era and a 1.284 whip. His 4.25 so/bb ratio is pretty solid, but he's traditionally done that or better in his 10 seasons in the minors. He was last up with the D-Backs in 2009. His career numbers as a major leaguer are not good:
    As a starter: 9-17 in 36 starts. 5.25 era, 1.365 whip, 2.30 so/bb.
    As a reliever: 1-3 in 35 games (47.2 ip), 6.80 era, 1.636 whip, 2.53 so/bb.

Now, all of Petit's appearances were starts this year. The fact that they DFA'ed Hacker (Fresno's "Pitcher of the Year") last week, and are purchasing Petit's contract this week makes me wonder if there's a starting pitcher injury that they're not announcing yet. Giants officials say they just want another guy in the pen (up to 13 guys now), but very seldom to Giants officials give hints.

• Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    In SoCal right now and its always interesting watching the game from the Dodgers perspective. It wasn't pretty but a win is a win.

The Dodgers broadcasters in the post game are swooning over the Giants "hitting great in RISP" situations and "Bochy's excellent decisions in situational scenarios". They're praising all the stuff we complain about. Eric Karros just called the Dodgers "the best looking team stepping off the bus" and is predicting Cain wins tomorrow.

Also interesting how the Giants have a division championship or bust mentality while the Dodgers are talking a lot about the wild card race with Atlanta and the Cards.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options

<< <i>Lincecum isn't totally to form, but he mixes and matches his off-speed stuff effectively and keeps the Dodgers hitters off balance all night. Beckett gets rocked. Hard. >>

Well, part of my optimistic prediction worked out. Beckett didn't get rocked, but 4 earned in 6 ip is not a QS. Timmy walked too many people, but asside from allowing a homer to a guy who doesn't hit them very often, Timmy pitched well.

I thought Adam Kennedy's name sounded familiar. He owns one of those infernal, cursed artifacts of evil: a 2002 World Series Ring. Though he hit a homer, but also made a critical error (though it was called a single by the official scorer) that possibly cost the Dodgers the game. Suck it 2002 Angel!

Marco Scutaro is looking more and more like a healthy Freddy Sanchez in disguise.

Dodgers 5.5 back now.

If the series goes:
    1-2, Dodgers leave 3.5 back.
    2-1, Dodgers leave 5.5 back.
    3-0, Dodgers leave 7.5 back.

• Options
    Garbage hitting, and garbage pitching by Affeldt.

On the bright side, Posey hosing down 3 base runners (2 in the same inning) is pretty impressive. He's been tested severely this year, and has allowed almost 10% more stolen bases than he did before the injury, and leads the majors in stolen bases allowed (80). He's still throwing guys out at the league-average rate, but his presence alone used to discourage the running game.

• Options
    So, Kershaw got scratched today, and Blanton is going instead in a battle of former A's.

Hopefully the Giants don't throw this opportunity away.

• Options
    Good day today for the Bay Area. 49ers won, Giants won, A's won.

<< <i>Zito will pull out another of those "WTF!?!?" performances and "Cain's" Kershaw in a 2-0 win. >>

Close. Zito's 6.1 scoreless was pretty awesome, especially considering that it's Zito. If Kershaw was pitching, he might have gotten 'Cained, but it was Blanton, who managed to hold the Giants to 1-5 with RISP.

Giants win the 2012 China Basin Series 5-4.

The Giants currently lead the 2012 Chavez Ravine Series 4-2, with 3 games remaining.

• Options
    It was a great day for Bay Area pro sports but not so great if you're like me and going through today battling a bout of food poisoning...food poisoning from time spent on business in SoCal.

On a day you expected Zito to get lit up he throws one of those inexplicable, oddball shutout performances. The fact that Blanton got the start instead of Kershaw was a gift but even if Kershaw started it wouldn't do him much with zero run support from the Dodgers lineup.

Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options

<< <i>2012 SF Giants discussion 9/10: in Colorado, Rockies elimination number at 1. >>

Still at 1 after tonight's mess. Panda seems to be in 2010 mode right now: too fat to hit or defend, but more than capable of hitting into double plays.

Vogelsong's still in a rut, but the Giants could, should have won this one.

• Options
    Isn't it ironic the only way the Dodgers gain ground is by not playing?

When they were down by 2 runs and Aubrey Huff is the pinch hitter I thought Bochy had officially given up for the night. Shockingly he got a hit but in that inning with runners on 2nd and 3rd with one out they shouve been able to score a few more runs.

Not too worried about tonight's loss. Feeling is they'll win tomorrow and the Dodgers won't.
  • Options
    The 2011 Braves and Red Sox teach us that a tail-spin can take over and totally crater a season in just a few short weeks.

Both teams faced a schedule full of teams in "maybe next year" mode in September and got beaten down to their level.

Giants are flawed. They don't have the 2010 pitching, they don't have the 2010 bullpen, heck, they don't have the 2010 hitting. They have a schedule full of "maybe next year" teams and are getting beaten by them.

• Options

<< <i>The 2011 Braves and Red Sox teach us that a tail-spin can take over and totally crater a season in just a few short weeks.

Both teams faced a schedule full of teams in "maybe next year" mode in September and got beaten down to their level.

Giants are flawed. They don't have the 2010 pitching, they don't have the 2010 bullpen, heck, they don't have the 2010 hitting. They have a schedule full of "maybe next year" teams and are getting beaten by them. >>

You sound a little negative. I am not saying your team will win the WS but they should have the west won and you guys fly flags for winning the division in 'frisco (as my pathetic Sac kings do) so that's a success for your team.
  • Options

<< <i>You sound a little negative. >>

That's a running theme of this thread. The internet is a good place for me to "wah wah wah" all season long until I get a reason to stop "wah wah wah"ing.

<< <i> I am not saying your team will win the WS but they should have the west won and you guys fly flags for winning the division in 'frisco (as my pathetic Sac kings do) so that's a success for your team. >>

Giant's didn't win the West yet. A lot can happen in the next 22 games.

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go Giantsimage
  • Options
    Buster Posey went on a hot streak after the AS Break, and never stopped.

1st half: .289/.362/.458, 10 hr, 43 rbi
    2nd half: .388/.464/.654, 11 hr, 46 rbi

What are we seeing here? Is this who Buster really is, or is he just on a prolonged hot-streak? He's also apparently solved left handed pitchers.

vs lefties
    2010: 109 pa, .309/.367/.588
    2011: 53 pa, .205/.340/.341
    2012: 148 pa, .407/.446/.763

vs righties (numbers are fairly consistent)
    2010: 334 pa, .304/.353/.479
    2011: 132 pa, 314/.379/.407
    2012: 384 pa, .298/.388/.445

• Options
    2012 SF Giants discussion 9/11: All Hands on Deck! Giants now have 37 (out of 40) active players.

With Clay Hensley being activated from the DL, the Giants now have a 14 man bullpen, and a 37 man active roster.

The only 40-man guys who aren't active are Conor Gillaspie (3b), Roger Kieschnick (OF), and Ehire Adrianza (SS).

I think the only way we'll see any of them get called up is if the team gets struck by multiple injuries.

• Options
    Rough game. Another bad start by Bumgarner, though he did go 2-2 with a 3 run homer.

Brandon Belt is mashing, Buster Posey continues to mash, Angel Pagan tied Willie Mays (and Steve Finley?!) for most Triples in a season during the SF era (12).

Good stuff.

What's not good is:
    Bumgarner = 5 earned runs in 4.1 ip.
    Bullpen = 4 earned runs in 4.2 ip

All this offence is awesome, but as we saw in 2010, elite pitching trumps elite hitting.

Clayton Kershaw got "Cain'ed" again. 1-0, and the 1 run wasn't even earned. Giants up by 6 with 20 to go.

• Options
    Good thing MadBum took out his frustration from his crappy pitching on the baseball during an at-bat. Better doing it that way than punching the Gatorade cooler in the dugout or worse yet, the locker room door.

And when you thought the Dodgers couldn't find another more laughable way to lose a game, they outdid themselves tonight. If Kershaw goes postal on his teammates I wouldn't blame him.
  • Options
    If you were to take 2nd half numbers alone, you'd get different looking standings:

team --W - L , RS RA
    Giants 34-22, 285...234
    Padres 34-22, 268...230
    Dbacks 28-29, 254...238
    Dodgers 27-28, 225...218
    Rockies 24-32, 255...285

Padres have been as hot as the Giants since the break, and the Giants have to deal with them 6 more times.

• Options
    But, as of Tuesday:

NL West Race
    Giants magic number = 15
    Dodgers elimination number = 15
    Dbacks elimination number = 11
    Padres elimination number = 8
    Rockies = ELIMINATED.

• Options
    2012 SF Giants discussion 9/12: Giants extend West lead to 7 games

On a day where 2012 Tim Lincecum had to take the hill at Coors Field, Angel Pagan was getting a day off to help heal his cut hand, and Pablo got the night off to get his head back, the offence backed Lincecum's wobbly 6 innings.

Lincecum's line, 6 ip, 6 hits, 3 runs, 4 walks, 8 strikeouts.

All 8 starting position players had a hit tonight, and 6 of them had multi-hit games. Of course, they're hitting in Coors Field vs one of the worst pitching staffs in the league.

NL West Race
    Giants magic number = 13
    Dodgers elimination number = 13
    Dbacks elimination number = 10
    Padres elimination number = 7
    Rockies = ELIMINATED.

Exciting times, but I'm still cautious. If the Giants win the west, as it seems like they will, they'll face some stiff competition in the post season, either the Nats or the Reds in the first round. Giants dropped both series. 1-5 vs Nats, 3-4 vs Reds.

With the starting pitching in shambles, I'm not sure how the Giants can make any noise in October.

1st half vs 2nd half:
    Lincecum
    1st: 3-10, 6.42 era, 1.583 whip
    2nd: 5-4, 3.22 era, 1.313 whip
    Bumgarner:
    1st: 10-5, 3.27 era, 1.098 whip
    2nd: 4-5, 3.39 era, 1.078 whip
    Cain:
    1st: 9-3, 2.62 era, 0.956 whip
    2nd: 4-2, 3.53 era, 1.162 whip
    Zito:
    1st: 7-6, 4.01 era, 1.429 whip
    2nd: 4-2, 4.84 era, 1.321 whip
    Vogelsong:
    1st: 7-4, 2.36 era, 1.120 whip
    2nd: 5-4, 5.37 era, 1.449 whip

Sometimes athletes can turn it on or off. In 2010, several guys suddenly got switched into the "on" setting and went to town. Giants offence is racking up runs right now. The pitchers need to turn it on.

Boch is doing some weird stuff with his bullpen. With 14 relievers, he's doing crazy stuff like using 7 pitchers to get 9 outs, playing matchups even when there's a big lead. I wonder if if it's his way of holding auditions for the post-season roster?

• Options
    I believe my team is playing for the wild card now... and not doing a very good job of that. image
  • Options
    Dodgers lowered the Giants magic number to 12.

It's baffling to me how this Dodger lineup is slumping so bad. There's some serious thump on that team. They should be taking the NL by storm, but instead they're getting mowed down by almost every pitching staff they face.

Giants and Dodgers square off in LA one last time for the final 3 games of the regular season. Is it even going to mean anything by the time it rolls around?

• Options

<< <i>2012 SF Giants discussion 9/14: Giants win, lower magic number to 11. >>

An uncharacteristically wild Matt Cain managed only lasted 5 innings, giving up 5 walks, 4 hits and a hbp, but only 1 run.

Panda went 3-4 with a double and a run scored, so maybe that day off was good for him. Santiago Casilla also got his 1st MLB hit and RBI with a base hit... which is crazy in it self. In his previous 2 PA's, he looked as if the pitcher was shooting a gun at him, flinching back and often out of the batters box with every pitch. However, this time he just kinda put his bat out and the ball ran into it, and into right field. Heh. When he got to 1st base, he seemed to panic and didn't know what he was supposed to do. 1st base coach grabbed him and calmed him down.

Giants face an NL All Star and ROY candidate tomorrow in Wade Miley. 15-9, 3.07 era, 1.153 whip. Last time the Giants faced him was in the 3rd game of the season, where he delivered 4 innings of no-hit ball out of the bullpen. Zito goes for the Giants. Last time he saw the D-Backs, he went 5 innings, giving up 7 hits and 4 runs (but no walks) in a ND that the Giants won.

Apparently Freddy Sanchez has been continuing his rehab, and is shooting to actually be ready to go before the season's out. Defense is probably out of the question, but he's aiming to be a useful pinch hitter for the end of the month (or October) if they need him. He's on the 60-day DL, and the 40 man roster is full, so someone would need to get DFA'ed to make room for a few weeks of Freddy Sanchez.

After this season is over, Freddy's probably going to be looking for a new team, since the Giants and Marco Scutaro have mutual interest in a 2 year deal, which the Giants hope will be enough time for Joe Panik to be ready.

NL West Race
    Giants magic number = 11
    Dodgers elimination number = 11
    Dbacks elimination number = 8
    Padres elimination number = 5
    Rockies = ELIMINATED.

Dodgers

• Options
    Dodgers just announced that Kershaw is out indefinitely. I think the Dodgers shot at the Wild Card just got a lot slimmer.

• Options

<< <i>Dodgers just announced that Kershaw is out indefinitely. I think the Dodgers shot at the Wild Card just got a lot slimmer. >>

Their pitching rotation isn't really now a 4-man rotation. It's really a 1-man rotation and that 1 man is out indefinitely.
  • Options
    2012 SF Giants discussion 9/15: Giants magic number at 10.

Another win over the DBacks to push towards elimination. MVPosey continues building his case: 3-4, 2 run homer, double, single.

Giants won their 8th Zito start in a row. He pitched good today too, and in earning his 12th win, he's 12-8 on the year with 3 more games to go in the regular season. He's "clinched" his first winning season in SF in the 6 years he's been here. He's not really any better than he's been, but this year the Giants are giving him the best run support he's ever had as a Giant.

Voggy goes tomorrow. Time for him to snap out of this funk he's in.

NL West Race
    Giants magic number = 10
    Dodgers elimination number = 10
    Dbacks elimination number = 6
    Padres elimination number = 4
    Rockies = ELIMINATED.

• Options
    2012 SF Giants discussion 9/16: The stunning collapse of Ryan Vogelsong

In early August, he was one of the NL's top 5 pitchers with a 2.23 era. From that time until now, he has a 10+ era.

In the first half, it was Lincecum who was gagging. Now that Lincecum's gotten his act together, Vogelsong's turned into a total mess.

• Options
    Blegh. This is one of those games where I think "Yup, I could see the Giants loosing every game from her until October 3rd. Season over. Good night."

Giants hitters have seen 73 pitches in 7 innings out of a guy who came into today's game with a 4+ ERA. Giants hitters are hacking away.

• Options
    NL West Race
    Giants magic number = 9
    Dodgers elimination number = 9 (15 for 2nd WC)
    Dbacks elimination number = 6 (12 for 2nd WC)
    Padres elimination number = 4 (10 for 2nd WC)
    Rockies = ELIMINATED.

• Options
    2012 SF Giants discussion 9/17: Friendly confines of AT&T Park no longer friendly to Giants

Next up, the Rockies in AT&T Park.

The Giants are 3-2 vs the Rockies in SF, but 10-4 against the Rockies overall this year, pretty much dominating the Rockies in CO, but not so much in SF.

The Giants are also 14-15 at home since the AS Break. The Rockies haven't done too well on the road over the last few trips, going 2-8 vs the Phillies, Braves, and Padres.

The split of road vs home has been another stunningly odd occurrence since the break:
    Looking at RS vs RA averages

Pre-Break road: 4.5 rs; 5.3 ra
    Pre-Break home: 3.3 rs; 2.7 ra

Post-break road: 6.1 rs; 3.5 ra
    Post-break home: 3.9 rs; 4.6 ra

Giants are scoring way more runs on the road, and managed to trim almost 2 runs off their road ERA.
    However, at home while they're scoring a little more, the pitching staff is giving up almost 2 more runs than before.

That sort of trend bodes bad tidings for the Giants, who start a 10 game home stand vs 3 teams, two of which have done fairly well on the road.

Early prediction: a 4-6 home stand at best. If the Dodgers heat up, it's going down to the wire. Of course, the Dodgers will need to get hot on the road vs the Nats and the Reds, who both defend their home parks very well.

• Options
    2012 SF Giants discussion 9/17: Giants lower magic number to 8 with 15 to go.

Giants aren't making it look easy against last place teams. That's going to create some concern that if they make it to October, the ride won't last long.

NL West Race
    Giants magic number = 8
    Dodgers elimination number = 8 (15 for 2nd WC)
    Dbacks elimination number = 5 (12 for 2nd WC)
    Padres elimination number = 3 (10 for 2nd WC)
    Rockies = ELIMINATED.

• Options
    2012 SF Giants discussion 9/18: Giants lower magic number to 7 with 14 to go.

Another strong start by Lincecum. He got into a mess in the 7th inning, though that wasn't really his fault, but Affeldt bailed him out with a well timed double-play grounder. That's 4 starts in a row where he's gone into the 7th inning. With the starting pitching looking beat up as it is, it's nice to see Lincecum heading in the right direction. Got his ERA on the season below 5 for the first time this season too.

It's amazing what Scutaro's been doing since he put on the uniform.

While Pence has gotten some big hits, I'd really love to see him get out of this funk he's been in. He's still batting .232 as a Giant.

I saw Brian Wilson running around in the dugout during the game. I guess he's this year's Mark DeRosa.

NL West Race
    Giants magic number = 7
    Dodgers elimination number = 7 (14 for 2nd WC)
    Dbacks elimination number = 4 (11 for 2nd WC)
    Padres elimination number = 1 (8 for 2nd WC)
    Rockies = ELIMINATED.

• Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    Re: Pence you are right about his low average and big hits.

Isn't he producing something like a run for every hit?

Thanks again for all your updating.
  • Options
    Here's Pence's numbers as a Giant:

.229 avg, .304 obp, .388 slg

45 games, 195 pa, 39 hits, (11 doubles, 2 triples, 4 homers), 22 runs, 36 rbi

Giants are 29-16 with Pence in the lineup, so he's not dragging the team down. He's also lead the Giants in RBI since he showed up with 36. Posey's second with 32, and Scutaro's 3rd with 30.

If Pence could snap out of his funk, then they might start putting up more crooked numbers.

Sandoval too. He's not a good #3 hitter right now.

• Options
    2012 SF Giants discussion 9/19: Dodgers lower Giants magic number to 6 with 14 to go.

LA dropped the first game of a double-header vs the Nats, lowering the Giants magic number to 6.

2012 Dodgers: flames are getting higher, the ground is getting closer.... At this pace, we'll see Penny, Loux, and Petit starting in LA on October 1, 2, and 3.

NL West Race
    Giants magic number = 6
    Dodgers elimination number = 6 (12 for 2nd WC)
    Dbacks elimination number = 4 (10 for 2nd WC)
    Padres elimination number = 1 (7 for 2nd WC)
    Rockies = ELIMINATED.

• Options
    If the Dodgers lose both tonight and Cain and the Giants win tonight it'll almost be the equivalent of a series sweep. The Dodgers are surprisingly still alive in the wild card race but considering how badly they've been lately I can't imagine them playing in the postseason. It looks more and more likely by the October Giants Dodgers series the Giants will be playing those games with the bench guys while the starters are resting.
  • Options
    2012 SF Giants discussion 9/19: Giants lower magic number to 5 with 13 to go.

Matt Cain racked up 8 strong en route to a 7-1 victory. Nice to see Panda golfing a ball off his shoe-tops and over the wall in right. That was his first homer since July. Crazy.

NL West Race
    Giants magic number = 5
    Dodgers elimination number = 5 (12 for 2nd WC)
    Dbacks elimination number = 3 (10 for 2nd WC)
    Padres = ELIMINATED. (elimination number = 6 for 2nd WC)
    Rockies = ELIMINATED.

• Options
    Looks like Panda found his power stroke. After going homerless in the 2nd half, he's got 3 in 2 days: homer on Wednesday, and a homer from each side of the plate today. Niiiiiice.

• Options
    2012 SF Giants discussion 9/20: Giants trash Rockies, lower magic number to 4 with 12 to go.

Giants won their 9th Barry Zito start in a row, as the Giants completed a 4 game sweep of the Rockies at AT&T Park. Sandoval hit homers from both sides of the plate, and Posey added one of his own.

The Giants are starting to look like a playoff team, with Cain and Lincecum finding their form, and Panda figuring things out.

NL West Race
    Giants magic number = 3
    Dodgers elimination number = 3 (10 for 2nd WC)
    Dbacks elimination number = 1 (8 for 2nd WC)
    Padres = ELIMINATED. (elimination number = 5 for 2nd WC)
    Rockies = ELIMINATED.

• Options
    Dodgers lose again. Magic number down to 3. If things go the way they're supposed to they can clinch by this weekend.

Panda has three homers in two days. If his bat's heating up this is a great time.
  • Options
    Since the half:

Giants: 41-23
    Padres: 38-25
    Dbacks: 32-32
    Dodgers: 30-33
    Rockies: 25-39

The Padres have done pretty well during the 2nd half. This probably won't be a walk in the park.

• Options
    Good move by Melky today. Probably wasn't his decision but whoever decided it that was smart.

• Options
    Good to see Vogelsong get his groove back tonight. Very good chance tomorrow will be clinch day.
  • Options
    2012 SF Giants discussion 9/21: Giants roll, lower magic number to 2 with 11 to go.

Voggy looks like he's back, Panda's knocking balls out of AT&T Park like it's easy... Various "concerns" the Giants have had seem to be clicking back into place. It's starting to look like the various Giants players we've been concerned about are clicking up the production for post-season mode.

If only Hunter Pence could get it going....

• Options
    2012 NL West Champ SF Giants discussion 9/22: Giants clinch!

Yup. Who'd have thought at the trade deadline that Marco Scutaro would hit BETTER at AT&T than he did at Coors?

Boch kinda hosed Timmy though. He sent him home in the first few innings to rest up for Sunday's day game. In so doing, he missed the party. Even more, he's not even going to pitch on Sunday anymore!

With an off-day on Monday, the Giants are pushing Timmy back to Tuesday and having Yusmeiro Petit will make his first appearance of the season. That'll give the whole rotation an extra 2 days of rest.

The Giants picked a great time to heat up, and hopefully this isn't a flash in the pan. Yeah, the Giants have been womping on lesser teams, but it still helps to restore confidence and build momentum.

• Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    Congrats

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    Today's "Fan Appreciation Day" at AT&T Park. Giants got mistaken and thought it was "Backup Appreciation Day" and has fielded the following lineup:

1) Gregor Blanco (CF)
    2) Ryan Theriot (2b)
    3) Joaquin Arias (3b)
    4) Xavier Nady (LF)
    5) Brett Pill (1b)
    6) Francisco Peguero (RF)
    7) Eli Whiteside (C)
    8) Manny Burriss (SS)
    9) Yesmiero Petit (P)