Options

2012 SF Giants discussion: NL West Champs

Comments

• Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>I wish your team could play by the rules and not be CHEATERS!!! >>

Yeah, because the Dodgers never had a player do something like this.
    >>

How many years has it been since since the stands at Dodger Stadium were that full? >>

You are both right but it's old news that Manny cheated. Sort of like it's old news that the Dodgers have dominated the Giants (5 to 1) since they moved west and there is no real rivalry south of Stockton.

Yes, Dodger Stadium does not pack it in like the used to but, I was reminded this weekend as I froze my a$$ off down in SF, how lovely So Cal is and how nice it is to have a stadium that doesn't change names every few years. Seriously though it's beautiful down at ATT from about 12:30 to 3:00. After that it gets cold QUICK. WOW!
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭

<< <i>Sort of like it's old news that the Dodgers have dominated the Giants (5 to 1) since they moved west and there is no real rivalry south of Stockton. >>

Do Dodger fans get to watch baseball while they're in jail? image
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    It's refreshing to know that AT&T Park is a beautiful ballpark and unlike at Dodger Stadium I don't have to leave by the 5th inning to beat the traffic, which in by itself is an oxymoron considering that no more than 10,000 attend a game and of those who do about half have outstanding felony warrants but won't let that stop them from assaulting or shooting people in the parking lot.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    In case anyone's wondering, Alfonso Soriano has already stated that he will block any trade to SF. He doesn't like the weather.

However... when asked today if he'd re-consider a trade to SF, he said:
    "I don't think so. San Francisco is not good weather to play in. It's on the West Coast and I've never played on the West Coast. We'll see what happens if they call. I'll talk to my family then and see. It's not my call. I know it's 50 percent of my call, but it's my family's too. I'd talk to my family and see what happens."

Soriano's under contract through the 2014 season, and making $18 mil a year. When the Cubs signed him long-term, he had just finished posting a 46 HR, 41 SB season. He's 36 years old, and has hit .251/.308/.469 over the past 4 seasons, averaging around 23 homers a year.

Is he an upgrade to a Gregor Blanco/Justin Christian platoon? Certainly, but will the tight-wad Giants ownership group approve of taking on that kind of payroll?

• Options
    Soriano? No thanks, and you thought Barry Zito's contract was bad.

Hey on the bright side they scored 4 runs in today's loss. I was expecting Strasburg to throw a 2-hit complete game.
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    Dan Otero's been optioned again, before even throwing a pitch on this trip to the majors. So, Giants have 23 guys on the 25 man.

So, you know Justin Christian's coming back up.

So, who's the other guy?

Not Brett Pill. He was just optioned a couple of days ago, so he's ineligible to come back until 8/23.
    Not Dan Runzler. He sux.
    Not Penny or Loux, their 15 day DL stays aren't up yet.
    Not Freddy, Wilson, or Surkamp, they're done for the season.
    Not Mota, he's still serving his suspension.

Aubrey Huff could be activated off the DL, like that would help anything.
    Connor Gillaspie and Eli Whiteside might get called back up, but I'd question both of those moves, since we don't really need a backup-backup infielder or a backup-backup catcher.
    Maybe Francisco Peguero? I wrote about him yesterday:
    "OF, 24 years old. He's one of those toolsey outfielder types, good glove, good arm, and is fast. Though he's only stolen 1 base all year, he's legged out 10 triples and 18 doubles. In 2010, the Giants were impressed with his 16 triples, 10 homers, and 40 stolen bases and added him to the 40 man to protect him from the Rule 5 draft. He's in Fresno now, and is apparently making the Grizzlies fans happy, but his .271/.294/.401 probably won't do much for his call up chances, unless the Giants decide to just throw caution to the wind and bring him and to see what he can do."

They might want a group of guys fighting over the newly vacated outfield spot.

Of course, they might purchase someone's contract and roll the dice with a call up (Gary Brown? Brett Bochy? Adam Duvall?)

In all likelyhood, Aubrey Huff will be coming back to resume his job of rolling grounders to 2nd basemen.

• Options
    I'm certain one roster spot will go to Aubrey Huff. Apparently they're not crappy enough. They need to hit into more double play balls and groundouts.

The more I think about it the more I truly believe the season is over effective today.
  • Options

<< <i>The more I think about it the more I truly believe the season is over effective today. >>

You try hard to be the anti-twitter kid (who says "Giants RULE !!!!" after losses), don't cha?

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>The more I think about it the more I truly believe the season is over effective today. >>

You try hard to be the anti-twitter kid (who says "Giants RULE !!!!" after losses), don't cha? >>

In the scope of all things, yes. I am a fairweather fan for some teams (San Jose Sharks, Lakers) but for others (Giants, and especially the 49ers) I stick around for even in bad times. But with that said I just can't stomach those who after their team gets destroyed go around and tell others that that doesn't bother them because they're "fans 4 lyfe!"
  • Options

<< <i>"fans 4 lyfe!" >>

I still don't get why you even follow people on Twitter like that.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>"fans 4 lyfe!" >>

I still don't get why you even follow people on Twitter like that. >>

I don't follow those people but I will look under the #SFGiants hashtag and often times, usually after a blowout, about half the tweets attached to that hashtag will be those or similar tweets with a bunch of retweets mixed in there.
  • Options

<< <i>I don't follow those people but I will look under the #SFGiants hashtag and often times, usually after a blowout, about half the tweets attached to that hashtag will be those or similar tweets with a bunch of retweets mixed in there. >>

Then you go looking for it!

• Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭
    No Big loss .Nothing but a one year wonder.Giants can easily replace him.The Giants are still favorites.Look at Hunter Pence to produce .Melky could not shine Hunters shoes.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    Ya know, we were all hoping Hunter could get it done. So far he's hitting .177/.212/.290 in his 15 games as a Giant.

It was never Melky OR Hunter, it was supposed to be Melky AND Hunter. Now, we need a guy who hasn't done squat to suddenly crank it up like he did in Philly last year.

One year wonder or not, this was his one year and the Giants were using it to their advantage. The loss of our #3 hitter and the MLB hits leader for the rest of the season is going to hurt.

Whether or not it proves to be a lethal blow remains to be seen.

• Options
    2012 SF Giants discussion 8/16: This is Buster's team.

Melky's absence is going to hurt, but he was never "the guy" for the team.

Buster is "the guy." He's a star. The kind of guy you build a team around. He solid behind the plate, he guns down runners, and he hits for power and average in a pitcher's park. He's the leader.

I don't think the season's over, yet.

• Options
    Hmm, Giants recalled Justin Christian as expected, but Eric Hacker is coming with him.

Hacker's a right handed starting pitcher. He got called up to make a spot start back in May, where he pitched a quality start, 6 ip, 3 earned runs, but lost.

In Fresno, he's had an up-and-down year.

April: 4 starts, 4-0, 2.19 era, 1.05 whip
    May: 6 starts, 4-1, 3.68 era, 1.31 whip
    June: 6 starts, 2-3, 6.62 era, 1.58 whip
    July: 4 starts, 1-1, 4.15 era, 1.62 whip
    August: 3 starts, 1-1, 0.90 era, 0.85 whip

He's being brought up for long relief. Maybe yesterday's 5 bullpen innings made them decide that long-relief is better than basic relief (Otero). Otero was in SF for 2 days before getting demoted, and didn't get into any games.

Sabean has come out and said that he won't be calling up Gary Brown this year, and doesn't see anything he wants on the waver wire this year. Blanco's the man for right now.

Of course, Sabean says these things in an effort to give some confidence to the guys who are filling in. If they think they're fighting for a job, then they have that extra motivation. If they know they're getting replaced in a few days, they may play differently.

• Options
    While I like to see the Giants dish out a blowout, or stage a come-from-behind win during a Zito start (Did you see his new pitch?), the fact that they're playing the lowly Padres kinda dulls the excitement.

Still, a win is a win.

Justin Christian can't hit major league pitching. I read that Gary Brown played LF for the first time tonight for AA Richmond. I don't know if that's a sign of anything or what though, but the Giants lack a righty bat to play LF.

• Options
    Vogelsong is done after 3 innings and 1 batter in the 4th. 96 pitches, 8 hits, 1 walk, 3 runs. He recorded only 9 outs, and 7 were by strikeouts. 30 of those pitches were thrown to Everth Cabrera alone.
    13 pitch strikeout in the 1st, 7 pitch single in the 2nd, and 10 pitch single in the 4th.

Today plus his short outing vs the Nats, it seems like Vogey has totally run out of gas. That's not good.

• Options
    I don't know if this game was just another coincidental fluke but this is a hell of a time for Vogelsong to turn into a turkey. With Zito and Lincecum in the rotation the last thing the team needs is another starting pitcher that sucks.
  • Options
    Not sure how much you two want to talk about it but that Cabrera news is pretty funny, eh!? Performance enhancers is one thing but trying to then de-fraud the league with a fake website!? That's just stupid. He should be out of the league for a year or so. I heard there was an article in the chronicle saying the Giants should still sign him long term. I presume before the latest news but even still that seems silly after the performance enhancers giving a guy a career year. The guy on ESPN radio (not a Dodger fan I presume) said something like "that's how crazy they are out there."
  • Options
    We're not going to see Melky back in SF, ever.

Some of the beat writers noticed that other than Gregor Blanco (his best bud) and Clay Hensley (who was busted for roids back in 2005), the Giants players had a sort of "F**k him" attitude.

The website thing is pretty weird. Reminds me of a story I heard a while back: Some crooks cooked up a plan to rob a bank by blowing up the local dam, then use scuba gear to swim into the bank and loot it.

Dudes got as far as detonating a few sticks of dynomite on the dam (did no damage), but got immediatly found and arrested (with scuba gear in their trucks).

Hair brain scheme, but impressively elaborate.

• Options
    The thing that annoys me the most about this is that, well, he got suspended after the trade deadline. If he had gotten pinched in June or earlier, the Giants could have addressed the obvious need they'd have. Now they're stuck with scrubbing the waver-wire looking for an outfielder. Giants got lucky with Cody Ross in 2010, but I don't think there's another one of those to be had.

• Options
    So, 3 games in LA. Bum, Lincecum, and Cain take the hill at Chavez Ravine.

Possible outcomes, from likely to unlikely:

80%: Dodgers sweep, Dodgers take 3.5 game lead.
    15%: Dodgers win 2 of 3. Dodgers take 1.5 game lead.
    05%: Giants win 2 of 3. Giants take 0.5 games up.
    00%: Giants sweep. Giants take 2.5 game lead.

• Options

<< <i>So, 3 games in LA. Bum, Lincecum, and Cain take the hill at Chavez Ravine.

Possible outcomes, from likely to unlikely:

80%: Dodgers sweep, Dodgers take 3.5 game lead.
    15%: Dodgers win 2 of 3. Dodgers take 1.5 game lead.
    05%: Giants win 2 of 3. Giants take 0.5 games up.
    00%: Giants sweep. Giants take 2.5 game lead. >>

Put me down for the Dodgers winning 2 of 3. For some reason I think they'll pull off the Matt Cain game when he goes against (I think) Capuano. Every time Kershaw pitches against the Giants it's like a guaranteed win for L.A. Joe Blanton sucks but my feeling is Timmy will get blasted and last no more than 4 innings.
  • Options

<< <i>Every time Kershaw pitches against the Giants it's like a guaranteed win for L.A. >>

It might surprise you to know that Kershaw is 1-2 in 3 starts vs SF this season. All of them were against Voggey though.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Every time Kershaw pitches against the Giants it's like a guaranteed win for L.A. >>

It might surprise you to know that Kershaw is 1-2 in 3 starts vs SF this season. All of them were against Voggey though. >>

Both those starts Kershaw got Cain'd by his lineup, which is in some ways consolation for his perfect record against them last year. His last start at AT&T Park, the complete game, was more vintage Kershaw.
  • Options
    Hunter Pence seems to be sucking less lately...

First 10 games as a Giant: .140/.156/.209 (6 0-fer games)
    Last 8 games as a Giant: .345/.400/.586 (2 0-fer games)

• Options
    So, Jeff Kent is gonna be on the next season of Survivor. LOL!

• Options
    Giants lineup today:

Pagan CF, Scutaro 2B, Sandoval 3B, Posey C, Pence RF, Arias SS, Belt 1B, Blanco LF

With Arias and Crawford being somewhat interchangeable, this is the BEST lineup the Giants can field with the players they have on the 25 man roster.

They're mostly having a pretty good month:

Pagan (.319/.392/.551)
    Scutaro (.293/.321/.413)
    Sandoval (.250/.304/.350)
    Posey (.404/.514/.789)
    Pence (.222/.263/.361) (batting +.300 in last 8 games)
    Arias (.410/.429/.564) / Crawford (.341/.400/.463)
    Belt (.412/.483/.549)
    Blanco (.167/.276/.167) (but batting .500 in his 2 post-Melky starts))

Christian is being out-hit by Bumgarner and Cain. Garbage.
    The Riot is struggling (.235/.291/.275 in August).
    Hactor is batting .333 as a pinch hitter overall.

The problem is that the pitching staff has a combined 4.70 era in the month of August.

• Options
    A 1 run lead vs Kershaw still feels like the Giants trailing.

Kinda like that 1 run was something the Giants stole, and now the Dodger cops are giving chase.

• Options
    Shockingly they pull one off and beat Kershaw. Actually Kershaw got Cain'd by his lineup again. The Giants haven't exactly found a way to light him up so it feels like every win against him is almost by luck.

Just going by stats alone it's amazing how similar Kershaw's and Bumgarner's numbers are so similar and both pitched a very similar game tonight. Counting tonight's game that's two excellent outings in a row for MadBum.
  • Options

<< <i>Just going by stats alone it's amazing how similar Kershaw's and Bumgarner's numbers are so similar and both pitched a very similar game tonight. Counting tonight's game that's two excellent outings in a row for MadBum. >>

Not only two excellent outings in a row for MadBum, but two excellent outings against Division leaders. He dominated the Nats last week, and dominated the Dodgers tonight.

Dodgers vs LHP this year: .237/.299/.356
    Dodgers vs RHP this year: .257/.326/.374

The next two games are going to be different:
    Game 2: Lincecum vs Blanton.
    Game 3: Cain vs Capuano.

Game 2 will probably be a slugfest. Game 3 will either be a pitching duel like tonight, or a 1-sided slugfest with Cain folding.

• Options
    "Fair to say we're looking for help in LF. Brian is working on it now." - Bruce Bochy, this morning.

Soriano's said "no" twice to the Giants, prompting the Cubs brass to publicly express disappointment with Soriano for not cooperating.

Scott Hairston? He hasn't been put on wavers yet. He murders the Giants. D-Backs would grab him in a hurry.
    Gary Brown? rookie, probably not ready.

Jeff Francoeur? *puke*
    He was on the cover of an issue of Sports Illustrated once. He helped the Giants win the World Series in 2010 by going 0 for 6 for the Rangers. His range factor is crap. He's spent 12 innings in his whole career in LF, and made an error in 2 chances he faced.

Get ready for the Frenchy era!

• Options
    We know Soriano won't waive his trade clause so other than Hairston and Francoeur which other Left Fielders or any Outfielders might be available on the waiver wire? Ideally the fans want to see Gary Brown get called up but he's still young and there's a good chance he'll be about as productive as Justin Christian.

As for tonight's Lincecum vs Blanton, I'm thinking it'll be like Vegas Strip vs Times Square. You know both will get lit up like it's New Years Eve but the question is, which one will get lit up more than the other?
  • Options
    Looks like Boch is getting a feel of exactly when the yank his starters. Timmy plowed through the Dodgers lineup for 5 innings, then ran into a wall, but the damage was minimized and the bullpen backed Timmy's 5.2 innings of 1 run ball and posted 3.1 scoreless.

So, the Giants have already exceeded my expectations by a mile. I expected them to get squashed. Instead, they've taken 2 straight.

Giants pitching has been strong lately. The Giants starters have impressive resumes. They just need to all get locked in and pitch like it. Cain on the hill tomorrow. I have no idea what to expect anymore.

And Angel Pagan, oh man!

When we got him, the rap on him was that his defense was shaky at best. He seems pretty dialed in as a Giant!

• Options
    Wow. Giants walked into LA and swept the Dodgers there for the first time since 2007.

I didn't even even expect them to win the series, let alone sweep it!

But.. as there's always a dark cloud, Posey got scratched due to some hamstring tightness, and Panda was limping around until he got pulled (with a 6 run lead). Injuries now would be catastrophic.

Giants vs Dodgers Season Series: Giants up 7-5 (6 to go):

Chavez Ravine Series, Giants up 4-2
    Series 1: Giants 1, Dodgers 2
    Series 2: Giants 3, Dodgers 0
    Series 3: October 1-3

China Basin Series, tied 3-3.
    Series 1: Giants 3, Dodgers 0
    Series 2: Giants 0, Dodgers 3
    Series 3: September 7-8

• Options
    I was surprised they swept but it's baseball. 50/50 crap shoot every night on who wins. I still think the Dodgers will win the division. However, the Giants pitchers still worry me. If Lincecum corrects his problem that could be a big problem for my Dodgers. Having said that, IF I were a gambling man I would take the Dodgers to win the division.
  • Options
    While it's nice, an August division lead doesn't mean anything.

Giants were 5.5 games back at this time in 2010.

• Options
    Giants are on board with the "Chipper Jones Farewell Tour," as they're having a pre-game tribute to him tonight before the Giants/Braves game.

I guess it's best to get it out of the way tonight while Giants fans are still giddy from a 3 game sweep in LA.

Here's what I don't get:

Before the AS Break, the Giants owned AT&T Park. They were 26-16 at home, vs 20-24 on the road.
    After the break, it flipped. Giants dominate on the road, going 14-5, while getting slapped around at home 9-10.

Giants face 3 non NL West teams (Braves, Astros, Cubs) to close out August and start September, then it's ALL NL West until the postseason, or 2013.

Giants vs the West:
    Dbacks = 4-5, with 9 to go
    Dodgers = 7-5, with 6 to go
    Padres = 8-4, with 3 to go
    Rockies = 8-3, with 7 to go

• Options
    2012 SF Giants discussion 8/23: Old scurb gets hurt, young scrub called up.

Justin Christian got placed on the 15 day DL with a wrist sprain, which he got when he made that spectacular diving catch last night.

Francisco Peguero (OF) has been called up.

24 years old. He's one of those toolsey outfielder types: good glove, good arm, fast. Though he's only stolen 1 base all year, he's legged out 10 triples and 20 doubles. In 2010, the Giants were impressed with his 16 triples, 10 homers, and 40 stolen bases and added him to the 40 man to protect him from the Rule 5 draft. Despite his .272/.297/.394 play in Fresno, he's a fan favorite due to good hustle and some clutch hits. His numbers were worse in AAA than they were anywhere else he played. What's really alarming is the 20 double-plays he's grounded into in 105 games. Also, his 15 walks to 82 strikeouts is pretty ugly. He did just end a 22 game hitting streak though.

He'll make his MLB debut whenever the Giants choose to play him, either as a pinch hitter or on Saturday when they face a lefty.

Honestly, I don't see a whole lot of upside in this guy. He's a warm body to play a position while the Giants are short-handed. I hope I'm wrong.

So, welcome to The Show, Frankie Pegs! Try not to suck.

• Options
    2012 SF Giants discussion 8/23: Zito eats the Atlanta Braves' dinner, sends them to bed hungry.

I don't get it, but since coming to SF, the one good team that Zito seems to handle effortlessly is the Atlanta Braves. In 5 total starts vs the Braves, he's 4-0 with 5 quality starts. He's given up 5 total runs to the Braves over that time.

The bullpen is getting scary. Affeldt cashed in Zito's 2 runners, and put two of his own in their place, making it necessary to get out the two-headed RoPez to get 3 outs.

Hector Sanchez did a good Posey impersonation with his 2 doubles and 2 rbi.

It's kinda amazing how this team is holding together without Melky's bat being a constant multi-hit threat.

• Options
    2012 SF Giants discussion 8/24: The hazards of being in 1st place in August: Dodgers awarded claim on A-Gone

Doesn't mean that the Dodgers get him, they'll need to make trades, but they've got the $ to eat that giant contract. Reports are that they're working on a trade, so the Sox won't just let him go for free.

The Sox also waited until the Dodgers were in 2nd place before putting him on wavers, so that tells me that they want to move him.

Upgrading from James Loney to Adrian Gonzalez will make the Dodgers the favorite to win the NL west, even if they are 3 games back.

Edit to add: Dodgers just claimed Josh Beckett on wavers too. Red Sox are dumping salary into the Dodger money furnace.
    I suspect that the Sox told the Dodgers that any deal to get A-Gon would have to involve Beckett too, since they really seem to want to get rid of him and his contract.
    Beckett's got some sort of weird Bret Saberhagen thing going, where he's good in odd-numbered years, but bad in even-numbered years.

Edit again to add Looks like the Dodgers and the Sox are discussing a huge deal that would send Gonzalez, Beckett. Carl Crawford, and some utility infielder to LA for ???.

• Options
    I just saw that. The Dodgers give back a lot of players though. I like Loney. Plus giving up several prospects. They are certainly becoming the west coast Yankees. Not really liking that. I prefer developing at least some of my own players.
  • Options

<< <i>I prefer developing at least some of my own players. >>

Well, LA developed Kemp, Billingsley, and Kershaw, so there you go.

They're locking up a lot of money if they make this deal. This can either turn the Dodgers into the West Coast Yankees, or the West Coast Marlins.

• Options
    Well, there you go. Dodgers ownership is putting their money where their mouth is.

Pending medicals, the Dodgers just traded Loney and 4 prospects to the Red Sox for Adrian Gonzalez, Josh Beckett, Carl Crawford, and Nick Punto.

The only part of this deal that concerns me is Adrian Gonzalez. The Dodgers made a huge upgrade at 1st with him. He was annoying as a Padre, and now he's going to be annoying as a Dodger.

• Options
    This is what happens when you spend several days in the eastern part of the state and largely cut off from good internet access. I missed the last three games but wins are wins especially against the Dodgers.

As for last night it was good to see Vogelsong get back on track and Pagan seems to thrive as a leadoff man.

Except for Adrian Gonzalez, I believe the joke's going to be on the Dodgers. Are they turning into the West Coast Yankees? I don't think so. They're turning into the West Coast Red Sox: top dollar roster for slightly above mediocre performance.
  • Options
    As soon as the Giants lineup woke up this afternoon and put a rally together to get within 1 run the one and only Jeremy Assfeldt single-handedly walks the game away. He has been horrible as of late. Maybe if we're lucky he can do the team a favor by injuring himself on frozen burgers again.

Seriously the bullpen is one of the worst in the league. They might win the NL West but if they do in the postseason that bullpen will be exposed for what it is, a giant liability.
  • Options
    2012 SF Giants discussion 8/25: in SF, 1st place is a hand full of sand.

Slipping away.

Garbage game. I turned it off after the 3rd inning and did some chores. I tried to relocate a dying tree, just to find that the tree was already dead. The roots were rotted away, and it was just basically a stick jutting out of the ground.

Hopefully it wasn't some sort of portent of the Giants season.

After the game, they optioned Hacker. That tells me one thing: Mota's coming back.

• Options
    It's ironic really, sweeping the Dodgers at home was the best possible thing that could have happen to the Dodgers, and possibly the worst thing that could have happened to the Giants:
    It put them in a position to make massive upgrades to their team, while at the same time blocking SF from upgrading anything.

• Options

<< <i>It's ironic really, sweeping the Dodgers at home was the best possible thing that could have happen to the Dodgers, and possibly the worst thing that could have happened to the Giants:
    It put them in a position to make massive upgrades to their team, while at the same time blocking SF from upgrading anything. >>

Even if the Giants weren't in first they wouldn't have claimed anyone of significance off the waiver wire and if they did they wouldn't have put together any transaction to bring in anybody good over. If anything would've been done it would've been for some no-name middle reliever or fourth outfielder.