Home U.S. Coin Forum

Business day 41

FadeToBlackFadeToBlack Posts: 7,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did they just lose my coins during the move? :/

US Secure Econ...

Comments

• hutze1nmhutze1nm Posts: 235 ✭✭✭

Wasn’t there a crazy increase in turnaround times this time last year?

Things I like to do: Collect PL Morgans. That’s is all.
  • Wabbit2313Wabbit2313 Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

With Express at 11 days, the whole thing is messed up!

• KccoinKccoin Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭

Day 21 secure economy.

May we consider the possibility of green boxes in the House?

• dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭✭✭

Our econ submissions from 11/21 all just completed. Not sure how many business days that is with all the holidays.

Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • ms70ms70 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭✭

Does anyone have experience with turnaround on variety attribution?

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• FishproFishpro Posts: 388 ✭✭✭

I received my coins today,submitted on regular grading in 24 working days,

• ModCrewmanModCrewman Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have one received at PCGS on 12/24, logged on 1/11 and still waiting. Also saw a regular order entered on 12/28 that had grades post yesterday.

I sure hate waiting.

• DollarAfterDollarDollarAfterDollar Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭✭✭

They received my Economy order on 11/28/17, posted it 11/30/17. On the day they posted it in their system their grading timetable was 25 days, then 28, then 35, then 37 and now 38. Every order on the shared orders page is for foreign coins. There's no evidence anyone is even working in the grading room in New Port Beach. Same nonsense as last year.

NGC has since received my latest submission.

If you do what you always did, you get what you always got.
  • EXOJUNKIEEXOJUNKIE Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DollarAfterDollar said:
    Every order on the shared orders page is for foreign coins.

I noticed this too!

I'm addicted to exonumia ... it is numismatic crack!

ANA LM

USAF Retired — 34 years of active military service! 🇺🇸
  • sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,035 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll guess I'll stop checking so often based on these reports.

Seems like club voucher submissions used to get fast tracked somewhat.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 12,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 25, 2018 2:11PM

@ms70 My last order was shipped on Business day 24 (received on 15 Dec, shipped 22 Jan.), Regular Service, Gold Shield, Variety Attribution. 15 Days Regular Service turnaround (estimated) and add a few days for Variety Attribution although one variety was not recorded (gotta resubmit with supporting documentation via email).

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • logger7logger7 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm seeing a tremendous number of foreign coins on the shared orders page; maybe one explanation, the classic US coins are a decreasing percentage with huge numbers of submissions of foreign coins as well as graders doing work junkets in Asia as I've heard.

• DollarAfterDollarDollarAfterDollar Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think in this day and age there should be a camera trained on the grading room, just for submitters. You log into the web site, go to the grading section, click on the camera thumbnail and voila! You get to see who showed up for work, you can track their productivity (coins graded per hour) and can note nap time.

All the things the guys in the corner offices do now.

If you do what you always did, you get what you always got.
  • ms70ms70 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DollarAfterDollar said:
    I think in this day and age there should be a camera trained on the grading room, just for submitters. You log into the web site, go to the grading section, click on the camera thumbnail and voila! You get to see who showed up for work, you can track their productivity (coins graded per hour) and can note nap time.

All the things the guys in the corner offices do now.

They'd put a looping 8 hour video on.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• SurfinxHISurfinxHI Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭✭✭

I submitted at FUN. They had 3 days to get it done....they got it done in 8 hours. I guess if you pay for it, they get it done!

Dead people tell interesting tales.
  • MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,058 ✭✭✭

Calm down, matey! I don't know the all-time record but I once had an econ shipment that took 126 days from shipping until they were delivered back to my PO Box. :/

edited January 26, 2018 9:24AM

@FadeToBlack said:
    ...but if I pay for services, I expect them to be rendered in a timely manner and in a logical manner.

I wholeheartedly agree on this...and the graders & attributors should be accurate. My last submission a variety identification was completely ignored/blown off/whatever, even though I have it indicated on the submission form, and I have to send an email with justification? Ridiculous!!!

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...

I have to agree with FTB. When you send your coins in and the company tells you 21 business days, they should honor that. If you bought an airline ticket that said you will reach your destination on December 25th, but they finally get you there on January 25th, there would be a big problem. Coin grading costs a lot more than airline tickets, at least it does for me. Feel free to change airline tickets with any service also. Fix my furnace, fix my car, fix my toilet, etc. More than a month later than agreed upon is unacceptable.

@FadeToBlack said:

@MacCrimmon said:
    Calm down, matey! I don't know the all-time record but I once had an econ shipment that took 126 days from shipping until they were delivered back to my PO Box. :/

TAT wasn't listed at 21 business days when you sent it in, was it?

Sorry, but if I pay for services, I expect them to be rendered in a timely manner and in a logical manner. People with econ subs sent in after mine have their grades already, so why the heck don't I?

I'll be posting in this thread every business day until I get my grades. I'm at 75 actual days right now, seems like plenty of time to me to get it done to me.

Probably 30 days. It was in 2003 or 2004; World Econ

@MacCrimmon said:

@FadeToBlack said:

@MacCrimmon said:

TAT wasn't listed at 21 business days when you sent it in, was it?

Sorry, but if I pay for services, I expect them to be rendered in a timely manner and in a logical manner. People with econ subs sent in after mine have their grades already, so why the heck don't I?

I'll be posting in this thread every business day until I get my grades. I'm at 75 actual days right now, seems like plenty of time to me to get it done to me.

Probably 30 days. It was in 2003 or 2004; World Econ

Oh yeah, their lame excuse was they had to send a few coins out to an expert. Hello? I thought PCGS were the "experts"!

• basetsbbasetsb Posts: 508 ✭✭✭✭

I can confirm the turnaround estimates are terrible and actually move after you submit and when I mentioned this I was told that it's just an estimate bro and that this happens each year during the holidays. (this was supposed to be the acceptable excuse)

@basetsb_coins on Instagram

• ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭✭✭

What grades are you expecting? Maybe you are being "punished" for using economy for greater than the $300 "max" value.

Collector, occasional seller

• ad4400ad4400 Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was waiting well into January for an Econ submission handed over at the most recent Baltimore show in November. Upon discussion with customer service I was amazed at all the days they don’t count as business days: 2 for thanksgiving , 2 for Christmas and 3 days for their move. Incidentally the day I called I got my results: 2 BBs on a three coin submission

Getting an AU58 84-S is about impossible. Fingers crossed for you.

• hutze1nmhutze1nm Posts: 235 ✭✭✭

@Wabbit2313 said:
    Getting an AU58 84-S is about impossible. Fingers crossed for you.

Just curious what makes this impossible? (Actually wondering, not being smart)

Things I like to do: Collect PL Morgans. That’s is all.

The 84-S has a shot after watching your video. Also, be sure to video yourself pooping your pants!

• ashelandasheland Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭✭

My guess is AU55. Great coin!

• 10000lakes10000lakes Posts: 811 ✭✭✭✭

I'm in the no better than 55 camp based on the rub I think I'm seeing, hoping I'm wrong for your sake :)

Good luck with the 84-s but I think you are going to be disappointed with a lower AU grade. I cracked an AU55 in the last year or so, it took two times to get the 58 with NGC and it was all there with great PL surfaces. CAC'd at 55 but not 58 though.

I checked with cs, that said it takes 3-4 days now to log-in orders, so no dice on an order that arrived two days ago.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wish you good luck on the grade you are seeking.... Perhaps if you just ignore it all for a while the time may pass a bit faster..... checking so frequently is like watching for water to boil... Of course, with water, you can always turn up the heat... :D:D Cheers, RickO

It's slow now, check out the statistics page: https://www.pcgs.com/statistics/

@FadeToBlack said:
    Business day 44! Will today be the day I finally get grades?

Yes! Will they be the grades you want? They owe you a bone or two for the wait!

• sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,035 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just received my grades for a 4 coin voucher submission.
    Logged in Jan. 2, 2018.
    I'm selfishly pleased but sympathize with your wait.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

@sparky64 said:
    I just received my grades for a 4 coin voucher submission.
    Logged in Jan. 2, 2018.
    I'm selfishly pleased but sympathize with your wait.

So 19 days for regular service.

• ashelandasheland Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭✭

It can be frustrating, but hopefully you'll get some pleasing grades. :)

• TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seriously?

Still?

Best of luck.

Frank

BHNC #203

@FadeToBlack said:
    ...Final stages so I should have grades within a day or so?

I can't tell you how many times that I have heard that before. Hopefully your wait will provide the grades that are acceptable to you.

• MonsterCoinzMonsterCoinz Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

@FadeToBlack said:
    People with econ subs sent in after mine have their grades already, so why the heck don't I?

Because a FIFO system is not used. This has been proven time and time again. I think there is a big pile on the floor somewhere that people pick through.

Aren't they pulling in record revenue? Wonder why that's not translating to more graders..

www.MonsterCoinz.com | My Toned Showcase

Check out my iPhone app SlabReader!

They may have gotten slammed with submissions in addition to the move. I've thought of solutions to backlogs, like temp. workers, bringing qualified people out of retirement, even getting willing workers from the collecting community to have an interesting job for 2-3 months being shown every phase of receiving, coding, organization of large numbers of diverse collectibles, maybe even grading. I imagine the grading is the hardest part of the process.

@logger7 said:
    bringing qualified people out of retirement,

maybe even grading.

That will be the last order PCGS ever sees from this customer!!

• gtstanggtstang Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not sure if this is 30 business days or just last 30 days but either way that's a lot of coins.

• keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,499 ✭✭✭✭✭

I submitted at FUN. My coins were entered into the system on January 15th. I'm scared to think of when I might get results. March or....

"If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:

There must be some special coins in the submission that required an executive decision at the highest levels.....

Well...at least you know...now.

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@sparky64 said:
    I'll guess I'll stop checking so often based on these reports.

Seems like club voucher submissions used to get fast tracked somewhat.

voucher submissions get logged as Regular.

• BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭✭

@FadeToBlack said:
    Well, got my grades.

Tough, no gifts. The '84-S came back 53 so thats a crack and resub later.

Let us know in 50 days how it regraded

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file