Home U.S. Coin Forum

Business day 41

2»

Comments

• logger7logger7 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

Any other interesting results? With the huge spread between XF and AU on that date, sometimes it is tough to even get a straight AU.

• Wabbit2313Wabbit2313 Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

@FadeToBlack said:
    Well, got my grades.

Tough, no gifts. The '84-S came back 53 so thats a crack and resub later.

All of my orders the same. TOUGH right now. I send in 1/20th of what I used to. I know I am not alone. My beef is that if they are grading the raw coins like this, they should take all the regrades down and pay out then!

• TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

@keyman64 said:
    I submitted at FUN. My coins were entered into the system on January 15th. I'm scared to think of when I might get results. March or....

Think: Zager & Evans!

https://youtu.be/vdSqLfuRN18

Frank

BHNC #203

• FishproFishpro Posts: 388 ✭✭✭

I just sent 40 Morgans on regular submission I’m hoping for early March.

• DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,989 ✭✭✭✭✭

My grades posted last night – a regular service order received on 1/4/18.
    Got 3 upgrades in a 6-coin regrade submission.

When in doubt, don't.
  • logger7logger7 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

Secure plus/true view adds a lot of time to the program, expresses are at the head of the line, and with that included now, it is worth paying the extra money if warranted.

• jtlee321jtlee321 Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you're not happy with the 53 and you think they are being tough, maybe send it to CAC and see if it can get a gold or at least a green bean. If it doesn't get at least a green bean, then maybe rethink the crack and resubmit. That's what I would do at least.

• jtlee321jtlee321 Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭✭✭

@FadeToBlack said:

@jtlee321 said:
    If you're not happy with the 53 and you think they are being tough, maybe send it to CAC and see if it can get a gold or at least a green bean. If it doesn't get at least a green bean, then maybe rethink the crack and resubmit. That's what I would do at least.

That's the plan, everything that straight graded (except one coin) is going to beanville.

I wish you luck. And don't forget, the prices have increased by $1.00 to $14.50 per. :)

@Fishpro said:
    I just sent 40 Morgans on regular submission I’m hoping for early March.

any particular year?

Frank

BHNC #203

• jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,085 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm honestly surprised PCGS did not delete this thread. Whoever is in charge of their instagram page is having a fit with people complaining. If you complain about a grade or the time it takes to grade, you get blocked. It's been interesting to watch.

• MonsterCoinzMonsterCoinz Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jwitten said:
    I'm honestly surprised PCGS did not delete this thread. Whoever is in charge of their instagram page is having a fit with people complaining. If you complain about a grade or the time it takes to grade, you get blocked. It's been interesting to watch.

People are airing their dirty laundry instead of going about formal routes to complain. Seems like they're even harassing the PCGS account until they get what they want.

Regarding turnaround times, I too am submitting much less than I used to. Coins in my stack for submitting are being traded or sold before I send them off. I'm very surprised they haven't addressed the issue; they just continue to watch revenue walk out the door.

www.MonsterCoinz.com | My Toned Showcase

Check out my iPhone app SlabReader!
  • jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,085 ✭✭✭✭✭

I too am holding several gold toners waiting to see if turnaround gets any better.

• AzurescensAzurescens Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭✭✭

Reading this makes me worry how long my crack and cross 1939 ddo 10c is gonna take..

• AzurescensAzurescens Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL

@Azurescens said:
    Reading this makes me worry how long my crack and cross 1939 ddo 10c is gonna take..

Add two candles to your next birthday cake

Frank

BHNC #203

Frank

BHNC #203

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 10,175 ✭✭✭✭✭

Picture the grading process like the human digestive cycle . Raw coins go in the mouth and..............

My wag is a lot of QC toners got stuck sideways in the esophagus and until they get vomited out everything is at a standstill.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file