Home Precious Metals
Options

Are you buying, selling, or just holding what you have?

gtstanggtstang Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭✭✭

And if you're buying, what levels and prices are you buying at?

Comments

• Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,727 ✭✭✭✭✭

After years of accumulating ounces to reach my goal, I'm now holding what I have and adding what appeals to me. Unfortunately the stuff that appeals to me has higher premiums.

• Options
    PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭

Holding. Cash ready to buy more once we see a bit more of a drop followed by an uptick.

http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭

Continuing to buy when I have extra money.

Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    ShadyDaveShadyDave Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm buying.

• Options
    MorganMan94MorganMan94 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭✭✭

Right now I am buying. The further it falls the more I buy.

• Options
    creekdaltoncreekdalton Posts: 49 ✭✭✭

Buying mostly interesting poured silver, in 5 and 10 oz hunks, and a slow trickle of gold coins.

• Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dollar cost averaging right now :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭✭✭

Buying mostly world coins around melt. Keeps me from getting bored.

• Options
    aclocoacloco Posts: 952 ✭✭✭

Getting ready to buy.....

Successful BST transactions with: jp84, WaterSport, Stupid, tychojoe, Swampboy, dragon, Jkramer, savoyspecial, ajaan, tyedye, ProofCollection, Broadstruck x2, TwinTurbo, lordmarcovan, devious, bumanchu, AUandAG, Collectorcoins (2x), staircoins, messydesk, illini420, nolawyer (10x & counting), peaceman, bruggs, agentjim007, ElmerFusterpuck, WinLoseWin, RR, WaterSports, KeyLargRareCoins, LindeDad, Flatwoods, cucamongacoin, grote15, UtahCoin, NewParadigm, smokincoin, sawyerjosh x3
  • Options
    SangoSango Posts: 177 ✭✭✭

Buying

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,444 ✭✭✭✭✭

Still buying when I can find a decent deal on something that I want.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mainly holding, however, always ready for a good deal or an interesting piece of gold or silver. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,311 ✭✭✭✭✭

Holding, buying and worshiping bullion.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

I buy when the funds permit.

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lazy buying, holding.

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

Immersed in all facets of the hobby , business/industry . Too long a road travelled to turn back, now.

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,444 ✭✭✭✭✭

Still buying when I can find a decent deal on something that I want.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    KollectorKingKollectorKing Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2, 2017 2:29PM

Buying when good deals are offered via BST forum.

Selling to BST buyers.

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Still dollar cost averaging IN :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bought a monster box of Effigy Mounds pucks a couple months ago (since I grew up near there).

Selling a few extras - Plats, Burnished AGEs, Gold Buffs, D.Carr gold........

Still considering a non-serious set of $5 Modern Gold (for fun).

Still a net buyer.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    coinspackscoinspacks Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭

i sold about half my stash..not for any reason other than needed to pay bills.

• Options
    gtstanggtstang Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seems like very little selling. I bought some silver this past weekend but just have a feeling and fear of buying much because I'm self predicting silver will hit $12/oz. range by the end of summer. I do still buy collector coins for a couple dansco's but I don't worry much about the market for those.

• Options
    tommy44tommy44 Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭✭✭

Holding what I have at the moment.

Will buy if an interesting opportunity arises and the price is right.

I like jmski52's idea of buying modern $5s assuming he means commemoratives. They can be picked up in mint capsules occasionally for $5 to $10 over melt and be sold easily for $0 to $5 under melt if in a pinch for cash.

it's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

• Options
    BruceSBruceS Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 3, 2017 12:44PM

Ag down another .30 today, buy, buy, buy,. tubes of ASEs under $400 all day long. how low can it go?

eBay ID-bruceshort978
    Successful BST:here and ATS, bumanchu, wdrob, hashtag, KeeNoooo, mikej61, Yonico, Meltdown, BAJJERFAN, Excaliber, lordmarcovan, cucamongacoin, robkool, bradyc, tonedcointrader, mumu, Windycity, astrotrain, tizofthe, overdate, rwyarmch, mkman123, Timbuk3,GBurger717, airplanenut, coinkid855 ,illini420, michaeldixon, Weiss, Morpheus, Deepcoin, Collectorcoins, AUandAG, D.Schwager.
  • Options
    dm679864dm679864 Posts: 213 ✭✭

Anyone have any predictions how low it will drop? I'm going to say 15.90 in the next week or so

Good deals with KollectorKing, ChrisRx, Tookybandit, LukeMarshall, and Ajaan! On cointalk, Histman, Sakata, Blisskr, and a few others!

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

It sure is falling. :s

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BruceS said:
    Ag down another .30 today, buy, buy, buy,. tubes of ASEs under $400 all day long. how low can it go?

It will last as long as you try to catch that falling knife. B) We've been through this several times over the last 5 years. It usually turns around when least expected. My guess, we will remain in that same, 15% - 20% up or down trading range, that's been so prevalent over the last few years.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm a buyer below 1100 and 15, and a seller above 1600 and 28

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    SmittysSmittys Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭✭✭

Buying, while selling, and trading

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Baley said:
    I'm a buyer below 1100 and 15, and a seller above 1600 and 28

You are a patient man. The $1100 & 15 quote sounds reasonable, but the 1600 & 28, well, I hope your lineage has a history of longevity.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

LoL are there any impatient PM investors? Everyone knows it's 30 years between booms, while a new generation of hard money geniuses is born and grows up

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Baley said:
    LoL are there any impatient PM investors? Everyone knows it's 30 years between booms, while a new generation of hard money geniuses is born and grows up

God, that's a dreary (but accurate) observation.

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,622 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Baley said:

Agreed...but the cycle will be a little shorter this time. The baby boomers will still have one more chance at redemption.

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear