Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

The OFFICIAL COINSTAR FINDS THREAD

Comments

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

1980 - p roosie today. been dry for weeks.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 16, 2017 2:30PM

@Testoon2 said:
    What are those pieces on either side?

Reproductive organs. Can't you see that??

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    KollectorKingKollectorKing Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 16, 2017 4:03PM

source - coinstar at Ralphs
    recap:
    qtrs: 10
    dimes: 16 + 1 90%
    nickels: 3
    pennies: 12
    unknown: 3

can someone id the 3 "coins" on top of the pile?

• Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭✭✭

1942 Canadian 5 cent coin, a 1981 Canadian 5c coin, a British 2 shillings coin dated 1966, a British 20p dated 1982 and a South African 1/4 penny dated 1954 were my finds this week.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@KollectorKing... Wow...that is quite the haul......and only three non-U.S. coins... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2, 2017 10:02PM

@Overdate said:
    Liberated these earlier this week along with a few dollars in change.

Brybelly Slot Machine tokens

:)

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• Options
    WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2, 2017 10:02PM

Duplicate post.

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WillieBoyd2 said:

@Overdate said:
    Liberated these earlier this week along with a few dollars in change.

Brybelly Slot Machine tokens

Sure enough, and apparently worth about 5 cents each. Guess I'll have to rethink my retirement plans.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options
    stevebensteveben Posts: 4,595 ✭✭✭✭✭

todays find:

they say you never know where a coin has been...well, we know one place that restroom token has been. ugh. it looks PL. haha.

the dime is pretty frosty.

• Options

This week I have found two dimes : 1947 and a 1958-D
    Small foreign change including Jamaica, Ireland, Germany and the obligatory Canadian
    And about $2 in regular change.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,054 ✭✭✭✭✭

It has been dry here for awhile.

• Options
    georgiacop50georgiacop50 Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭✭

same here... just empty slots

• Options

good luck?

• Options

Si, en Mejico es!

• Options

@steveben... that is a nice haul..... All at once?? My finds have been zero for the last few weeks.... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    tennbjjtennbjj Posts: 94 ✭✭✭

No silver as of late, but my son and I found nearly $6 in modern change. Ran straight home and to his piggy bank/vacation fund

My best haul came earlier in the summer, $2.30 of silver moderns - 8 silver quarters and 3 silver dimes

• Options

This week about $5 in regular change, no silver unfortunately, about $1 in Canadian and 1 British 10 pence and an Italian 10 Euro cent coin.

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am sick and tired of your finds @SaorAlba

I'm just kidding of course :smile:
    congrats

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭

The wife brought this home from her till last night, I grade it at about a AU58 although our host may give it a MS 62 ???

Steve

Promote the Hobby
  • Options

@1630Boston said:
    I am sick and tired of your finds @SaorAlba

I'm just kidding of course :smile:
    congrats

I wish I would find more silver - I check a lot of coinstar machines traipsing in and out of grocery stores for my job, I work for a spirits distributor in the NE.

• Options

I found a Canadian dime yesterday in the reject slot..... Not a silver one, modern. Broke a long dry spell....Cheers, RickO

• Options
    OnWithTheHuntOnWithTheHunt Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did a double take when passed the coinstar machine today. Had to reach in twice to scoop all of it out. $1.18 in dimes and cents. Thought it would be loaded with silver. One 1956 wheatie with some luster. Everything else clad and zincons.

Proud recipient of the coveted "You Suck Award" (9/3/10).
  • Options
    BillDugan1959BillDugan1959 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 20, 2017 5:57PM

Last two weeks grocery store trips had yielded $1.92 in post 1965 common U.S. Coins from the Coinstar reject slot, plus a red brown one eurocent of the Netherlands and a very shiny 2009 Canada dime.

Went in to get my pharmacy order today, the reject slot held a very decent 1963-D Roosevelt dime. Terribly pleased, kind of my first silver coin "in change" this year.

• Options
    JazzmanJABJazzmanJAB Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭✭

I got a 1962 Dime yesterday.
    Thanks CoinStar.

• Options

@JazzmanJAB
    free silver is great :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

• Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,120 ✭✭✭✭✭

Three quarters, one Canadian quarter, two dimes and two bronze pennies, no silver. Broke a long dry spell for me, too.

• Options

Lots of normal USA and Canadian change this week and one Korean rolled coin with some war memorial on it and what looks to be Hanjul characters. No treasures this week.

• Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭

While the value of a find is entirely insignificant compared to my income, a find is still enjoyable. Not a coinstar, but I still remember the thrill of finding $10 (8 quarters and 8 ones) spilling out of folded notebook paper while walking from work to the train station.

The only sad part is it was probably some kid's money for a field trip!

Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • Options

36 cents yesterday in Coinstars, including a 1945 cent. There was also a German 2 eurocent coin.

• Options
    OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭

Checked the slot yesterday and it was empty, zilch, nada, zippo :( .......... :D

Steve

Promote the Hobby
  • Options

As I was checking out, i could see the Coinstar reject slot... there were coins there.... as I was paying, a woman and her small daughter walked by (little girl about five years old)... The girl looked in the slot and gave a laugh.... scooped out a handful of coins....no idea what they were though.... Fun to see her excitement....Cheers, RickO

• Options

Had decent finds for a change today:

57 cents in cents dimes and a quarter
    $2.56 in Canadian including a twoonie
    Brazilian 10 centavos 1999
    A video game parlour token
    2 wheats dated 1927 and 1941
    and a 1964 Roosevelt dime.

• Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, I've got to find me a Coinstar machine. There's got to be one nearby.

Congrats on all your finds.

Donato

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

@divecchia said:
    Wow, I've got to find me a Coinstar machine. There's got to be one nearby.

Congrats on all your finds.

Donato

https://www.coinstar.com/findakiosk

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ms70 I appreciate the link. I have 3 within 1 mile of where I live.

Thanks, Donato

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options

@divecchia
    Donato, I imagine there are multiple machines in your area, start checking them and let us know.
    It is quite amazing how much loose change is out there :smile:

• Options
    georgiacop50georgiacop50 Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭✭

Got a 64D dime yesterday, breaking a long dry spell

• Options
    edited October 30, 2017 12:03PM

seems like there are a lot of 64 roosies still out there.

• Options
    ricmanricman Posts: 313 ✭✭✭

52 cents in Hilton Head Coinstar machine. No silver.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not selling coins to her!

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    BillDugan1959BillDugan1959 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mvs7 said:
    First find in a few weeks today at the local supermarket... nothing special, though: one steel Canadian quarter and 37 cents US, all clad and zinc. My five year old is growing up fast... we always divide finds in half, and today she took the two quarters, gave me the other twelve cents, and announced that I could have "three" while she'll just keep "two."

Somebody at preschool has filled her in on what's going on...

• Options

a couple months ago we had a guy come over to our house to load up stuff we wanted to take to the dump, he was a really nice guy. I asked if he had come across any cans or jars of coins in his business, he said yup i sure have. then he reached into his pocket and gave me 4 coins one russian kopek dated 1899 one vietnam dong dated 1964 and two mexican centavos dated in the 1950's. I was like WOWZERS. thats my story for finding coins.

• Options

At one point today found about $1 in change in the machine and put it in the Salvation Army bucket. Then I found a 1930s era "Henny Penny" play cent from the 1930s later in the day. At the end of the day found a 1930 Wheat lying on the floor, same place that I found the silver quarter yesterday.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file