Options

The OFFICIAL COINSTAR FINDS THREAD

Comments

• Options
    GotTheBugGotTheBug Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 18, 2019 4:24AM

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JBK .... Now that is the most incredible coinstar find I have heard of......absolutely amazing.... what a major jackpot. Congratulations.... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

jbk thats totally awesome you got that, wtg

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,792 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PocketArt said:
    After 6 months of checking the Coinstar at the local Wally-World...I finally found one!

In my book, silver in that reject slot is Coinstar Gold. Congratulations, and may there be many more....

• Options
    superpsychmdsuperpsychmd Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭

I got a 1960 roosie today from the coinstar. I always check

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

All in my area are free...just have to spend the proceeds in the store it is in.

@JBK said:
    It's bad enough that those machines take around 9% of your money in commissions, but on top of that they give your silver coins to total strangers!

• Options
    DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭✭

JBK: What I wouldn't give to have a similar experience!! Congrats! Any rarer dates among the pile?

• Options

No, all common, earliest was a well worn 1935. Most were from the early 60s, but fun just the same. Looked like a pile of silver that someone might have pulled from circulation in the 70s or so.

• Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JBK said:

Total count was 56 silver quarters, 21 silver dimes, and $1.20 in modern coins.

I still can't believe it.....

I keep thinking about the person who dumped their coins into the machine for grocery money and left over $150 in melt behind.

That is STUPENDOUS!

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options

Gotta find what stores everyone's going to!!

• Options

I have a huge bag of Canadian - when it gets big enough I will take a trip there.

• Options

@SaorAlba ... Jackpot... great score there. Yesterday I found a Canadian dime, a Rosie, a Jefferson and a cent... all modern.... in my market Coinstar. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    georgiacop50georgiacop50 Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭✭

Unusual find-- two EF steel cents

• Options

EF??..... I assume those are copper plated....Cheers, RickO

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    EF??..... I assume those are copper plated....Cheers, RickO

LOL! They look rust plated to me! :#

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

I once found a small pile in one, but it was all modern change and a little foreign. Still cool none the less. :)

• Options
    CommemKingCommemKing Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JBK, that's the best haul I have seen to date. Awesome!

• Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,886 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options

Nice... two U.S. quarters... plus the Canadian quarter and nickel spend as regular coins in the U.S. as well... Cheers, RickO

• Options

OK... good day... six quarters, five dimes, three cents.... a one Krone and a 5 centavos.....nothing of numismatic value.... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,366 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 9, 2017 3:06PM

Today's Coinstar find. 1962-D. Don't hate me (for the terrible pic) !

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options

Three cheers for silver..... Congratulations... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,072 ✭✭✭✭✭

Holy crap!

• Options
    ricmanricman Posts: 313 ✭✭✭

@johnny9434 said:
    jbk thats totally awesome you got that, wtg

• Options
    ricmanricman Posts: 313 ✭✭✭

$0.91 at the local Walmart Coinstar. No silver but all late date rejected coins.

• Options

@OnlyGoldIsMoney.... That is amazing.... I have never found such a vintage coin in the coinstar.... even with the hole, that is a great find. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    tommy44tommy44 Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

COIN STAR at the local grocery yesterday...

Is that Metro token (1973) still good in DC or is it all via cards these days?

My wife spotted three clad dimes in a cluster on the way to the car the day before. I can't believe I missed them,

it's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

• Options
    LotsoLuckLotsoLuck Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭

Man some of you folks are hitting the jackpot. A humble find, but yesterday I bagged a 64 Roosie with some nice toni..tarnish and a clad washie that must have been stuck in a dryer for 10 years, I like the washie more : )

• Options

On Wednesday I found three zincolns and seven plastic tiddly winks in the coinstar... :D Cheers, RickO

• Options
    stevebensteveben Posts: 4,596 ✭✭✭✭✭

i don't find many S mint coins in the wild...but i did today!

• Options

I swear...... NONE of the Coinstars in my local stores EVER have anything! I feel embarrassed to go scrounging around there in plain view of everyone, but somebody must be beating me to them every time...... I even went right up to one in my local ACME the second 2 different ladies walked away from dumping their coins in it, only to find ZILCH each time! :(

• Options
    sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

Last five visits have produced Nothing, Nothing, Nothing, Nothing and Bingo-a 1957 dime today!

That's two silver dimes within the last six months or more silver coins that I found in this period of time since about 1972.

Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.
  • Options

Great to find silver in the Coinstar.... I have found one 64 Rosie this year... not much recently though...Cheers, RickO

• Options
    tommy44tommy44 Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

A pretty nice looking 1960 Rosie at the credit union coin counter today.

it's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

• Options

Found 2 stuck-together Zincolns, a ratty post-64 Washie, and a semi-grungy 1979 Canadian quarter in the reject bin of my local credit union the other day when dumping coins in the counter. First time for me (both checking there & finding stuff).

• Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,072 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very slim pickens here.

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

@steveben
    'crap' is in the eye of the beholder :smile:
    great find

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭✭✭

This week has been lousy, just a couple of zincolns and a plastic play cent.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options

Nothing in the coinstar for the last couple of weeks.... one cent in the parking lot.... Another dry spell.. :/ Cheers, RickO

• Options

@Overdate said:
    Liberated these earlier this week along with a few dollars in change.

What are those pieces on either side?

• Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Testoon2 said:
    What are those pieces on either side?

I have no idea, but I'm sure they must be rare and valuable!

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options
    OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

Found $2.30 in one handful at a Walmart's coinstar on August 24th.

Two silver quarters (1959-D and 1963-D) made it worth walking the few steps out of my way to check.

• Options

Wow...$2.30 including two silver quarters... now that is a haul... Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file