Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Disagree....

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OldIndianNutKase... No, not trying to redefine our hobby....just want to be sure that my preference does not become extinct - it was, after all, once the predominant preference in our hobby. Cheers, RickO

• Options

@lcoopie... thank you sir... much appreciated.... :) Cheers, RickO

• Options

@Type2... that is a very nice Peace Dollar...thank you.... I always thought Liberty, in this iteration, was somewhat sensual.... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    jerseycat101jerseycat101 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bochiman said:

@dbtunr said:
    jerseycat101
    hammer1
    1Mike1
    booger9989
    ErrorsOnCoins

All look like serial Disagreers for you ricko

Probably find that a few of them have a majority of the "disagrees" since the forum started. 2 of those have quite a few "disagrees" across the board now, on more than 1 forum member.

I've also noticed that some are going out of their way to go months back on old threads, that haven't seen the light of day in many months, not to comment, but just to disagree. Says something about the (lack of) character to folks that do that, imho.

edit: So, minutes after I post this, jerseycat101 "disagrees" with it. No comment on what context is disagreed with, just the little button click. Hmmmmmmmm

The irony here is that Bochiman has "disagreed" with 5 or 6 of my posts, with no supporting commentary.

You don't see me crying the blues about my serial disagreers. Who cares? It's a button.

• Options
    dbtunrdbtunr Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

hey jerseycat - if it's just a button, why do you keep pushing it and why are you going back to old posts to disagree? It's not a button to you. FYI - it's called TROLLING

• Options

@Bochiman said:

@dbtunr said:
    hey jerseycat - if it's just a button, why do you keep pushing it and why are you going back to old posts to disagree? It's not a button to you. FYI - it's called TROLLING

And, I don't often agree with dbtunr, but in this case, he is correct, imho.

No you don't. In fact you've disagreed with me quite often. LOL. I don't care about that, I just wanted to know who the trolls were.

• Options

@CascadeChris Good point.....Cheers, RickO

• Options
    Booger9989Booger9989 Posts: 404 ✭✭✭

I thought this post was all in fun! If I hurt anyone feelings I am sorry!

Ricko is a forum staple. Why is the world somebody would care what others think of them is beyond me.....

Positive BST Deals as a seller : Wondercoin, Chumlee, Jerster, Perry Hall , DMarks, MWK, drewsef, SoCalBigMark, Lakesammman, Nurmaler
  • Options
    Booger9989Booger9989 Posts: 404 ✭✭✭

If it makes anyone feel better please have at my "disagree" or "agree" or "like" or "lol". I will sleep with the same comfort as the night before no matter what you choose to hit. Ricko I hope you feel the same way.

I seen this thread going down the comical route. .if I was wrong feel free to lynch me....

Positive BST Deals as a seller : Wondercoin, Chumlee, Jerster, Perry Hall , DMarks, MWK, drewsef, SoCalBigMark, Lakesammman, Nurmaler
  • Options

@Booger9989...No problem....most of those disagrees have been eliminated....never bothered me really...just could not understand why they were there... since there was nothing in the post to disagree with. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    edited October 26, 2016 5:40PM

That the disagrees all went away at the same time only leads me to believe a few folks have multiple ids. The trolls covered their tracks under all their alts once this new feature was deployed. Glad I captured who they were.

• Options
    OldIndianNutKaseOldIndianNutKase Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    @OldIndianNutKase... No, not trying to redefine our hobby....just want to be sure that my preference does not become extinct - it was, after all, once the predominant preference in our hobby. Cheers, RickO

RickO, you are correct. BU coins were the standard of our hobby for many years. As a young man I completed my Peace Dollar set around 1962-1963. I tried to make some of them BU, but they were body bagged a few years ago. I have come to find a little toning on old coins adds to their credibility. Even God's 1804 Dollar has some toning.

OINK

• Options

@Wabbit2313 said:

@dbtunr said:
    That the disagrees all went away at the same time only leads me to believe a few folks have multiple ids. The trolls covered their tracks under all their alts once this new feature was deployed. Glad I captured who they were.

Now that we can see who it is, you were the one hunting me down in all threads clicking disagree. What are you doing here playing angel? Quick, go change the ones you missed.

PS, and Coindeuce was the other. You must be the same person according to your logic here.

by "all" you mean like 2-3 threads right? I'll state it openly, I don't like you and I didn't delete anything.

• Options
    MonsterCoinzMonsterCoinz Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe I'm really behind on the times, but I just noticed this:

www.MonsterCoinz.com | My Toned Showcase

Check out my iPhone app SlabReader!
  • Options

@mach1ne said:

everyone was complaining so this was added yesterday around 9am EST by CLCT developers.

• Options
    jerseycat101jerseycat101 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dbtunr said:

@mach1ne said:

everyone was complaining so this was added yesterday around 9am EST by CLCT developers.

More likely, it was an option that was enabled in the CMS/Message Board software.

• Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you complain about disagrees will get you disagrees, it is that simple.

Plus I disagreed with someone who hates California ( stated numerous times on many threads), that's enough to get you many disagreements .......

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,721 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CascadeChris said:
    Trolls live under bridges ricko. Remove the bridge and they scatter from the light :wink:

So incredibly true!

What an interesting turn of events!
    I noticed that it reveals who clicked what straight away! Good work PCGS!

• Options
    RelaxnRelaxn Posts: 885 ✭✭✭✭

Guys just because we are numismatists does not mean that we are all mature civilized folk... Sometimes clicking disagree if done just to do something... Theirs not to reason why, Theirs but to do and die

• Options
    1Mike11Mike1 Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭✭✭

I totally disagree :D

"May the silver waves that bear you heavenward be filled with love’s whisperings"

"A dog breaks your heart only one time and that is when they pass on". Unknown
  • Options
    Wabbit2313Wabbit2313 Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coindeuce said:

@Wabbit2313 said:

@dbtunr said:

Now that we can see who it is, you were the one hunting me down in all threads clicking disagree. What are you doing here playing angel? Quick, go change the ones you missed.

PS, and Coindeuce was the other. You must be the same person according to your logic here.

Paranoid much ? The little beeyotch sociopath just had to run and check every one of his posts just to see who disagrees with it. Your insecurity is glaring. Time to restore you to the ignore list. buh-bye.

All you have to do is click your name, then click disagree score, and the trolls jump off the page, like you. Are you Smitty like you claimed in a post that you then deleted? Are you DBTUNR? Yawn..........

• Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,897 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not able to see the disagrees from my phone. Where do you see who the disagreer is?

• Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,897 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got it now that I am on my computer. Looks like the troll is hammer1 who went back through weeks of my posts and disliked all. Good to know.

• Options
    OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thought I'd pull up the first "Disagree War Of 2016" just for history sake

Steve

Promote the Hobby
  • Options
    Wabbit2313Wabbit2313 Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

@asheland said:
    Damn! Someone disagreed with my dot! lol

That was me but I removed it now that I am over it.

• Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some folks on this thread were banned in the ensuing years.

• Options
    BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,424 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Insider2 said:
    Some folks on this thread were banned in the ensuing years.

I miss them SO much I don't even know who they are.

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • Options
    BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,424 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OldEastside said:
    Thought I'd pull up the first "Disagree War Of 2016" just for history sake

Steve

Posts and people come and go, but some things seem to remain the same.

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • Options
    edited August 20, 2018 2:06PM

There is so much Good stuff hidden away in old posts. I wish more (about coins) were "Bumped" to save a search.

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a bunch of disagree for responding to the post by saying:
    "Welcome to the forum and good luck !!!"
    "Very nice selections !!!"
    "Cool !!!"
    Etc. so what gives and how does this happen ?

Thanks !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Options

There is so much Good stuff hidden away in old posts. I wish more were "Bumped" to save a search.

• Options

@Timbuk3 said:
    I have a bunch of disagree for responding to the post by saying:
    "Welcome to the forum and good luck !!!"
    "Very nice selections !!!"
    "Cool !!!"
    Etc. so what gives and how does this happen ?

Thanks !!! :)

Sounds like something a useless and unhappy child might do. Usually they get over it as they grow up.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file