Yes.
  • jcpingjcping Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭
    Absolutely yes image
    an SLQ and Ike dollars lover
  • mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: jcping
    Absolutely yes image

+1
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • TigersFan2TigersFan2 Posts: 1,442 ✭✭
    They aren't my fingerprints. I've never had a coin that nice in my grubby fingers.
    I love the 3 P's: PB&J, PBR and PCGS.
  • BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,827 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • TomBTomB Posts: 20,636 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, both obverse and reverse.
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,406 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are fingerprints, and to me it doesn't matter. I think that the coin is ugly with or without them.
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • pmacpmac Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭
    They might almost be 100 year old prints too!
    Paul
  • DollarAfterDollarDollarAfterDollar Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, and I'd bet the offender got what he/she deserved.

Pushing up daisies.
    If you do what you always did, you get what you always got.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes... and likely nothing will remove them after all this time... surface is likely etched to some degree. Cheers, RickO
  • roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. And that's why I've often said some of the prettiest silver coins out there got their "start" with fingerprints or were at least accelerated by them. Yet the coin community often shuns any visible trace of them. If you look hard at many nicely toned silver type coins, there's often a slight trace of them somewhere on the coin.

I wouldn't dip this coin nor would I shun it.
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,846 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes...too bad.
    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,...
  • 2ltdjorn2ltdjorn Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it distracts. Nice coin
    WTB... errors, New Orleans gold, and circulated 20th key date coins!
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep.

I don't mind 'em much on the obverse- they kind of blend in with the texture of the wood paneling behind Liberty, a bit.

As exhibited on the reverse, however, they would be a dealbreaker for me. Not a terrible looking coin, but I'd still pass.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What RR wrote

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,366 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beautiful fingerprints!
    Spring National Battlefield Coin Show is April 12-13, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    no doubts.
  • luckybucksluckybucks Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭
    Fingerprints, but with toning like that, who in the heck cares ???

IMO that blue toning puts it over the edge, I love it !!!!!
  • ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,758 ✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: roadrunner
    Yes. And that's why I've often said some of the prettiest silver coins out there got their "start" with fingerprints or were at least accelerated by them. Yet the coin community often shuns any visible trace of them. If you look hard at many nicely toned silver type coins, there's often a slight trace of them somewhere on the coin.

Roadrunner is correct. But I still hate fingerprints. image

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • thisnamztakenthisnamztaken Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What Bill Jones said. It's not attractive to me personally, but I realize that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
    I never thought that growing old would happen so fast.
    - Jim

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file