Home Precious Metals
Options

2016 ASE, $17.95, Price Increased 17-MAR-16 Free Shipping over $150.00 *Offer Still Avaialable*

Comments

• Options
    hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Weather11am
    Ordered 10! So is the consensus that the holders they come in not suitable for long term storage?

That is the consensus.
  • Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Weather11am

Ordered 10! So is the consensus that the holders they come in not suitable for long term storage?

Definitely not; no one would want to use the huge floppy flips for long term storage anyway. Put them in a tube or non-pvc flips after receipt.

• Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Next order arrived today and I took pics of a random piece. Pretty nice.

• Options
    PRECIOUSMENTALPRECIOUSMENTAL Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭
    Received my most recent order today, arrived one day ahead of schedule.
  • Options

So how does one know whether a particular plastic holder is PVC or not? Well, one old test is to hold a copper wire to the flip and expose both to a flame. This will produce a blue-green color which reveals the presence of chloride. NGC and NCS do not recommend burning plastic in this ill-advised game of Mr. Wizard, and there’s a much easier test to determine whether a particular plastic is PVC. Simply twist the flip, for a start. If it bends quite easily and shows no indication of fracturing or creasing, it is almost certainly PVC. This quality is what makes it so useful in the short term storage of coins for sale.

*PVC also has a unique odor*
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,446 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: PRECIOUSMENTAL

So how does one know whether a particular plastic holder is PVC or not? Well, one old test is to hold a copper wire to the flip and expose both to a flame. This will produce a blue-green color which reveals the presence of chloride. NGC and NCS do not recommend burning plastic in this ill-advised game of Mr. Wizard, and there’s a much easier test to determine whether a particular plastic is PVC. Simply twist the flip, for a start. If it bends quite easily and shows no indication of fracturing or creasing, it is almost certainly PVC. This quality is what makes it so useful in the short term storage of coins for sale.

*PVC also has a unique odor*

PVC smells like a new shower curtain. Also, that "new car smell" is from PVC.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    New shower curtain smell, Yes, that's it.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PVC flips are soft and pliable, the preferred Mylar flips art stiff and brittle.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    Booger9989Booger9989 Posts: 404 ✭✭✭
    Phone calls have begun. ... told them not into "pristine ms70" silver eagles...
    Positive BST Deals as a seller : Wondercoin, Chumlee, Jerster, Perry Hall , DMarks, MWK, drewsef, SoCalBigMark, Lakesammman, Nurmaler
  • Options
    I don't answer my phone unless I know the caller, get a few calls per week from Wife, about it.

Being a semi-hermit has its advantages....

OFFER STILL AVAILABLE, Never saw it run this long, first couple of times was one weekend, So, I keep ordering more, can't beat the price, may be good fodder for trading for semi-numi's.

• Options
    NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭
    Ordered 10 yesterday, received a shipping notice this morning for them, and threw another order for 10 this morning, still showing 'In Stock', so, we'll see what happens with this, LATEST order from today. I find it really odd, as others do, that they've kept this offer going for such an extended period of time.

BUT, like the saying goes, 'all good things got to come to an end', and I'll ride it out until it's kaput!
    I'll come up with something.
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got me sum, thanks for the link!
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭✭
    All orders received today, pristine quality.
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Wingsrule

Sounds like the mint is doing a bang up job making these.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: BAJJERFAN

and obviously a lot of them as well. image

Anyone had to order 10 more empty tubes?

• Options
    Originally posted by: derryb

and obviously a lot of them as well. image

Anyone had to order 10 more empty tubes?

11,967,500 YTD. So far I've bin able to scrounge up what I need.
  • Options
    Tuesdays order will arrive Saturday.

Tubes?----Yes going to visit my LCS and get some.
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,446 ✭✭✭✭✭

How much does he charge for ASE tubes? I need to pick up a couple locally. I've been trading the oversized flips that the ASE's came in for tubes with my flea market coin dealer buddy but he's running out.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    And it's STILL available for $16.95 per ASE! How long can these guys continue to keep this deal going???
  • Options
    Originally posted by: PerryHall

How much does he charge for ASE tubes? I need to pick up a couple locally. I've been trading the oversized flips that the ASE's came in for tubes with my flea market coin dealer buddy but he's running out.

I'll put this back to the top of the thread for those in need. 10 empty tubes for 1.50 ea. with free shipping:

Great price on empty ASE tubes for those who need them.

• Options
    OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Original offer is still working. I added 10 more this afternoon.
  • Options
    Has anyone ordered more than 50 to a single address and had the price bumped to $17.95 each? Supposedly they had a recent ad in the Wall Street Journal where they had a limit of 50 per household.
  • Options
    Has anyone ordered more than 50 to a single address and had the price bumped to $17.95 each? Supposedly they had a recent ad in the Wall Street Journal where they had a limit of 50 per household.

So far I have ordered 70 and 40 of them have arrived.

I have not seen any increase above $16.95 price.

• Options

website says nothing more than "limit 10." Doesn't specify if per household or per order.

• Options

website says nothing more than "limit 10." Doesn't specify if per household or per order.

Could be they say different things in different places. I don't have a WSJ subscription to check.
  • Options
    freechancefreechance Posts: 380 ✭✭
    the website has multiple options for silver eagles.
    1 is limit 10 for 16.95 ea
    1 is limit 40 for 17.95 ea
    1 is rolls for 349.00 ea. limit 5
  • Options
    Originally posted by: freechance

Makes NO SENSE to buy any @ $17.95 a pop.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will say this....

For where spot is, these are good prices. And the fact that they let you order over and over is cool as well (I haven't done more than a couple though....not a huge stacker).

That said, I am glad I bought and didn't have a buyer or play the flipping game quickly on these.....they are slower than slow to the west coast. It's like the way the USMint ships the non-expedited stuff.

I had an order that was last weekend, went "processed" on Monday, hit my hometown last night, WAS supposed to be here today, but now says "due on Tuesday".

Glad it was free and I don't need it right away. So, other than just rolling my eyes at the process, I don't really care.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    I had a couple that would have been handed off to the USPS just get delivered by UPS too. It's all good.
  • Options
    tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
    Got my second order of 10 after a week.

Must say they are nicer than the last 10.

Fantastic deal either way, long as its free shipping, for me anyway.

I mean with spot at this moment $15.56, its worth it if you are ever going to buy any.
    COA
  • Options
  • Options
    Just received my last 2 orders, and, much like OnlyGoldIsMoney, these last 2 orders seem to be nicer than previous orders (makes a total of 11 orders since this started), which have all been nice. I also threw in another order for 10, as I've got a tube that's only half full, so might as well fill it while this deal is still good.

Also noticed, the seller derryb linked to with the ASE tubes....10 @ $15.50, free shipping, seller 'groovchic443311'....looks like 'groovchic443311' sold so many on the 11th, she raised her price to 10 @ $16.50
  • Options
    hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://www.govmint.com/us-coin...e.html?link=hpcarousel
    Title says it all.
    *No association whatsoever, never saw them run this promotion this long*

PRECIOUSMENTAL gets my award for post of the year so far on the precious metals forum. The amount of money he has saved everyone is pretty cool and well appreciated. Thank you.

• Options
    Thank You for the kind words, always like to share a 'good deal.'

I wonder what the total number of ASE's purchased by members here is?

Many Monster boxes, no doubt!

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank You for the kind words, always like to share a 'good deal.'
    I wonder what the total number of ASE's purchased by members here is?
    Many Monster boxes, no doubt!

I have my doubts as to the total purchased by forum members. Fact..no more than 70 are logged into the forum at times and only a dozen or so participate in the PM forum. My guess, we hardly made a dent.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    It's also been posted at sites like bullionstacker and slickdeals. I imagine that overall they've sold a bunch; AT A LOSS!
  • Options
    ShadyDaveShadyDave Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Silverbugs also I'm sure made a large dent. There are a few users here (myself included) that frequent /r/silverbugs and /r/coins....that's where us "kids" prefer to hang out image
  • Options
    The beat goes on. So far 6 orders of 10 have arrived without a hitch. 6 more in the pipeline.
  • Options
    CaseyCasey Posts: 1,502 ✭✭
    I placed my first order on Sunday and it arrived today. Very nice. Thanks for the link!
  • Options
    FallGuyFallGuy Posts: 207 ✭✭✭
    Hello all. I am not a regular poster but am an avid reader of the coin-related boards here.

I placed my fourth order this a.m. using the 24 hour rule, and after informing family members of this opportunity at least two of them have also placed a minimum of one order for ten ASEs.

I guess the point is who knows how many folks like me saw this and acted, but simply did not elect to mention it in a post? My bet...A lot!

Thank you PM for sharing this opportunity. What fun!
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stacking at just over a $1.00 per oz premium.

Free ship.

CC use.

Makes sense.
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: FallGuy
    Hello all. I am not a regular poster but am an avid reader of the coin-related boards here.

I placed my fourth order this a.m. using the 24 hour rule, and after informing family members of this opportunity at least two of them have also placed a minimum of one order for ten ASEs.

I guess the point is who knows how many folks like me saw this and acted, but simply did not elect to mention it in a post? My bet...A lot!

Any idea when seasons 2-6 of your show are coming to Hulu Lee? image

• Options
    Booger9989Booger9989 Posts: 404 ✭✭✭
    got 10 more....still good

make that 20..... 10 my name...10 wifes name
    Positive BST Deals as a seller : Wondercoin, Chumlee, Jerster, Perry Hall , DMarks, MWK, drewsef, SoCalBigMark, Lakesammman, Nurmaler
  • Options
    Good, get 'em while you can.

GovMint's sale price is $.69 less than Providents 'buy price'.

Amazing.
  • Options

What is the 24 hour rule?
  • Options
    Originally posted by: OnlyGoldIsMoney

It's smart to leave some time between orders so they don't show up together in one of the departments (shipping, marketing, etc.)

• Options

It's smart to leave some time between orders so they don't show up together in one of the departments (shipping, marketing, etc.)

• Options
    freechancefreechance Posts: 380 ✭✭
    Originally posted by: freechance

they updated the prices today up $1 per coin

17.95 for limit 10
    369.00 for rolls limit 5
    18.95 for limit 40
  • Options

Worth repeating!image
  • Options
    That was a good 40 day run, while it lasted. (a lot longer than I ever imagined)

Heck, even with todays spike, $17.95 is still a good deal.

Managed to get my last orders in right before the price increase.