Home Sports Talk
Options

The 2016 Boston Red Sox

Comments

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    From the lips of El Sapo...ESPN Boston

"I'm not frustrated," Sandoval said. "Why am I going to be sad? Give me one reason to be sad, be mad. Why? Give me one reason. I'm alive. I have daughters, one son coming. So, nothing to worry about."

Spoken like a player who is owed more than $70 million through 2019.

Well, there you go, translation...I don't give a rat's arse bone about anything but my paycheck...you getting $109k per game? Pretty cool huh? And you Red Sox fans who pay through the nose to get into Fenway...go suck an egg, I don't GAS about you either. I don't have to be a team player, I'm the great El Sapo, well known throughout the baseball world as the biggest turd hanging in the Red Sox backside.

Senor Sapo BTW, has no clue how his shoulder got injured, nor does Farrell, nor does anyone. This, to me, is baseball speak for "we're trying to move the toad". Of course he'll require a rehab assignment in Pawtucket, where he'll be chatting with the other loser Castillo.

Clearly El Sapo has an eating disease called the Sea-Food Syndrome...when he sees food he eats it. Once known as the Ding Dong champ in Venezuela, he is now in foodie heaven with enough Dunkin' Donut shops in the Boston area to guarantee he continues to balloon into an Uber Sapo. He should move to Japan and become one of those Sumo dudes.

Keep paying these clowns obscene salaries and this is what you'll get...NADA. He's laughing at John Henry and everybody under him. The sooner they evict him from Boston the better. In the vernacular of my beloved New England speak...he wicked sucks!!!

• Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    In more mellow terms, he just plain sucks!
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,460 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: MCMLVTopps

From the lips of El Sapo...ESPN Boston

"I'm not frustrated," Sandoval said. "Why am I going to be sad? Give me one reason to be sad, be mad. Why? Give me one reason. I'm alive. I have daughters, one son coming. So, nothing to worry about."

Spoken like a player who is owed more than $70 million through 2019.

Well, there you go, translation...I don't give a rat's arse bone about anything but my paycheck...you getting $109k per game? Pretty cool huh? And you Red Sox fans who pay through the nose to get into Fenway...go suck an egg, I don't GAS about you either. I don't have to be a team player, I'm the great El Sapo, well known throughout the baseball world as the biggest turd hanging in the Red Sox backside.

Senor Sapo BTW, has no clue how his shoulder got injured, nor does Farrell, nor does anyone. This, to me, is baseball speak for "we're trying to move the toad". Of course he'll require a rehab assignment in Pawtucket, where he'll be chatting with the other loser Castillo.

Clearly El Sapo has an eating disease called the Sea-Food Syndrome...when he sees food he eats it. Once known as the Ding Dong champ in Venezuela, he is now in foodie heaven with enough Dunkin' Donut shops in the Boston area to guarantee he continues to balloon into an Uber Sapo. He should move to Japan and become one of those Sumo dudes.

Keep paying these clowns obscene salaries and this is what you'll get...NADA. He's laughing at John Henry and everybody under him. The sooner they evict him from Boston the better. In the vernacular of my beloved New England speak...he wicked sucks!!!

I am pretty satisfied that the Sox have (seemingly) finally figured this out. There should be no pressure for Farrell to reinsert Fatman in the lineup now that the team's "thinking" has clarified on what Fatman is really all about. The pressure will be on Dombrowski to move Fatman and get something, anything, in return.

• Options
    Vasquez replacing Swihart is a good move as he is the more polished catcher at this point.

The sox are making all the moves early this year for a change.
  • Options
    Porcello and Vasquez looked great tonight.
  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess we now have our version of hideki irabu. Our very own big fat toad.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    Craig44...

Let's be politically correct here...

It's "Sapo grande de grasa", which of course is "big fat toad".

Hopefully this disaster will soon be gone, Timlin awaits.
  • Options
    It's amazing how Hanley Ramirez has turned things around and fat boy did not even try to improve himself over the winter.

I guess it is all in somebody's desire to be all you can be or not be.

• Options
    Oh Ye of Red Sox Nation...Hear Ye, Hear Ye...

It appears that my earlier prediction of an implosion at the 1st base position has proven to be either inaccurate, premature, or completely wrong on my part.

As the self-appointed disparager of poorly performing Red Sox players, I am of this date removing the "ZO" portion formerly assigned by me to one Hanley Ramirez. I am reinstating him as a member in good standing with the Red Sox. His play at 1st base has shown he is "in the game", and his play at first base late in today's game has solidified my opinion that he has "risen to the occasion".

Therefore, I will henceforth refer to him as HanRam, and accord him the respect I would for other players EXCEPT for one.

As for the situation at 3rd base, El Sapo is pretty much locked in as a 1st class LOOOOZER.
  • Options
    Im not quite ready to embrace hanley yet. Remember last April, he was a beast too.

• Options
    He was a left fielder then and did not have a clue how to handle it.

He has been an infielder all his playing days and is happy to be back where he is comfortable.

He will do well this year and I too am willing to put faith in him.

How about Kimbrel today, what a closer he is.

I think Dombrowski has put together a winner here.
  • Options
    Im not quite ready to embrace hanley yet. Remember last April, he was a beast too.

He wasn't playing 1st base last year. I was all over him because I thought he would suck at 1st base...clearly, he has shown he has the stones to play the position well and makes the effort to continue to improve. That was the point of my post.

I didn't say he was hitting the cover off the ball...hopefully that will improve as well.

You weren't the one posting trash about his position playing ability, I was...and I see a definite change in him not only as a position player, but teammate as well.

This IMO was a positive by-product of the El Sapo saga. The sooner they get rid of that abscess the better...Single A ball would be fine with me.

• Options
    Baseball rules would never allow the sox to demote him even to AAA so the sox need to find some sucker to take him off their hands even if they have to pay his whole contract. They went out on a limb to sign this clown so now they must pay for him to perform elsewhere.
  • Options
    I'm not going to get optimistic yet, though I have enjoyed the results of some of these games
  • Options
    I would seriously consider cutting el sapo. John Henry has the checkbook to do it and what a great message to send to our toad. It would open up a roster spot too. You would think he would be embarrassed enough to drop 50 pounds.

• Options
    El Sapo has nineteen million reasons to not GAS.

However, as a professional athlete, one would think he'd find enough pride to get off the food gig and get on the tread mill. If you bother to read ESPN Boston Red Sox blog, there's a piece in there about Sapo needing an "overseer" (my word) to keep him out of the twinkies. He's addicted to food...no joke.

The sooner Sapo is gone the better.

I really think HanRam was watching this unfold and the bulb came on.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still haven't even watched a game yet
  • Options
    Knew something was wrong with Kelly when the heater was only 89 mph

• Options
    Another implosion. Maybe a different outcome if Shaw doesn't mishandle the grounder.

Late inning losses just waist the relievers.

Better get this figured out...QUICKLY
  • Options
    Baaaaad 4th inning from price. That was ugly.

• Options
    Another multi-million dud?
  • Options
    Well, my best bud here kinda talked me into going to the Braves game Tuesday night. Might be a small hooplah for Ortiz, as it's his last game in the Ted. Maybe they'll give him one of those foam tomahawks that the lemmings use to cheer on the team...most fans here would struggle to explain the infield fly rule. Pretty much fair-weather types.

A one David (ERA 7.06) Price will be pitching...we'll see how that goes. Not bad seats for $60 per, 4 rows from the grass behind the Braves dugout.

They have a venue here that's open air, rather intimate seating, where some actually bring tablecloths, candelabras and wine to enjoy the moment...this while talking excessively so as to annoy the performer on occasion...or so I read.
  • Options
    I hope you enjoy the game!
  • Options
    Sox jumping the shark early this year? When does Rodriguez come back? Can Wright pitch every game?
  • Options
    Kimbrel = Papelblown

need a good nickname for him
  • Options
    He does not show me much for sure.
    His 1st appearance was great but he has $ucked since.
  • Options
    JBJ saves the day two days in a row!
  • Options
    how about if the Sox play the Braves every day? image
  • Options
    You had your choice of seats tonight and had a great game to watch. There was hardly anybody there. Maybe you should travel around the country and watch all their games.
  • Options
    A good game right from the start. We had pretty good seats, kinda looked directly at Pedroia from the first base side, with HanRam a bit off to my left. Four rows from the grass, nice evening with a light breeze, perfect for baseball.

Watched the homerun sail over me...the crowd got quiet quickly. They do the silly tomahawk chop thing much like the FSU crowd in Tallahassee.

The night started out weird, but in a nice way...I had to drive a bit over 80 miles and my buddy came in about 75 miles. I travelled West and he travelled South. Just as I was waiting at a light to turn left towards the parking area, there he was at the light off to my right at a 90 degree angle to me. What an incredible coincident...couldn't happen that way if we'd been on cell phones planning it. We just pointed at each other and smiled.

Yes, Pedroia does jump up as the pitcher pitches. No big hooplah for Ortiz, other than a nice tribute on the jumbotron...he then came out of the dugout and acknowledged the crowd with a tip of his cap.

Hard to believe they're gonna move out of that ballpark, only 68 more home games and poof they move north where the $$$ resides. The Ted is located in an area you wouldn't want to be walking alone in in the daytime, let alone at night.

Scenery in addition to the baseball stuff was as usual, "Atlanta stunning"!!!!
  • Options
    Glad you had a good time at the game.

• Options
    Suchholz 6.1 innings, 5 ER against the Braves

The Braves!
  • Options
    Bucky has to go!
  • Options
    I agree, buck has to go. Good grief.

• Options
    Encouraging that hanley is starting to hit.

• Options
    Maybe a different result if Xander doesn't have a brain freeze at second base!!

What was he thinking??? He's looking directly at the ump, who just called him safe, then he gets up and walks towards the dugout...tag, you're gone.

Timlin pulling up to Yawkey Way to pick up a couple of duds, one being the clown with the mullet, aka, Bucky.
  • Options
    I agree on xander. I didn't hear any of the post game, but would like to hear his explanation. Could have been a huge inning of not for that play.

• Options
    Exciting game tonight!
  • Options
    JBJ is on fire tonight!
  • Options
    I'm glad we got rid of the evil twin to this Porcello. This guy is pretty good. That evil twin last year was quite lousy
  • Options
    Yeah, maybe the porcello contract wasn't as bad as I thought. He has been great this month.

• Options
    let's now hope the good David Price shows up tonight. His ERA is way too high still.
  • Options
    Yeah especially with the Orioles losing today.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: Barndog

let's now hope the good David Price shows up tonight. His ERA is way too high still.

over 6 now image
  • Options
    Price was not very good again tonight. If not for some clutch hitting he would have had another loss. He had better get his act together. He got 217 million, wow!
  • Options
    So fat boy is going to undergo shoulder surgery. I wonder if they can do a stomach staple operation at the same time.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: pitboss

So fat boy is going to undergo shoulder surgery. I wonder if they can do a stomach staple operation at the same time.

I like that idea!

Glad there will be no push to get him back to the club. They are doing rather well lately without him. Unless he learns how to pitch...
  • Options
    He should be on my diet. No dairy or fats at all.
    Not very enjoyable but it works.
    I have lost over 30 pounds in the last month.
  • Options
    expectation is that he will not return until 2017

I think that will help the team to focus even better
  • Options
    I wonder if they will use fatso next year as papis dh replacement or better yet, trade or just eat the salary and release him.