Home Precious Metals
Options

Gainesville Coins issues?

I just placed a big order with Gainesville Coins. After I placed my order I happened to read a few of the problems previous customers have had with them. Problems such as not receiving their order and really rude customer service. Do I have anything to be worried about? I've called twice to check on my order and both times I get an extremely unpleasant person named "Moe". Moe says it takes 5-7 business days to process and ship out orders. Any input would be appreciated as I am a little apprehensive at the moment because I sent them a 5 figure wire.

Comments

• Options
    rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭
    Never do biz with anyone in Texas or Florida....
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭
    I've dealt with them a few times with no major issues.
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
  • Options
    I haven't had any problems with them. About 12 orders this year. Got a package from them a few days ago.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No problems with them.

never listen to the insults of a troll.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    RMLTM79RMLTM79 Posts: 549 ✭✭✭
    Thanks guy, appreciate the responses. I do feel more confident now (and more relaxed). I bought a monster box of 2015 silver pandas. I'll post it up once I receive it, hopefully!
  • Options
    Lol, now you feel confident after some posts With zero applicable info???
    Except mine of course...
    Funny how people worry "after" they wire, and not before...

You should do some diligence on GC and then never do biz with them again...
    Success discerns the intelligence and dismisses the hot air...
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Never do biz with anyone in Texas or Florida.... >>

Why home to the Bush's?
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won't buy from them.

I don't deal with rude people and I don't deal with liars who think I'm too stupid to know they are lying. However, it had nothing to do with them being unreliable. Just a jackwad in their customer service.

• Options

<< <i>Lol, now you feel confident after some posts With zero applicable info???
    Except mine of course...

Success discerns the intelligence and dismisses the hot air... >>

There is no diligence to be done at this point. They have my money so all I can do is wait and see what happens.
    And yes, I do feel better knowing that members here have had successful transactions with them.

How was your post of "Never do biz with anyone in Texas or Florida.... " applicable info?
    Don't come on here trying to ruin my post with worthless comments.
    And Don't come on here trying to sound smart and intelligent by making me sound like an idiot.
    You should learn to keep your smart a** comments to yourself.
  • Options

<< <i>I won't buy from them.

I don't deal with rude people and I don't deal with liars who think I'm too stupid to know they are lying. However, it had nothing to do with them being unreliable. Just a jackwad in their customer service. >>

I had no idea how bad their customer service was as I placed my order online over the weekend. I've known about Gainesville for years but never dealt with them until now.
    Even if I receive my coins I won't be buying from them again due to rude and unpleasant people over the phone. Not to mention it takes them 5-7 business days to process
    and ship your coins AFTER they receive payment.
  • Options
    Yawn...
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rmltm79,

I don't recognize you as a poster but that's probably not important.

A reason to be leery of Florida & Texas mail order bullion co's is based in fact. Although problems happen in all 50 states, if you have a problem in those two states you are basically SOL. Neither helps the general public worth a darn.

Let's hope all goes well for you. BTW, it takes ONE day to process an order not 5 to 7 days. The bravo sierra has just begun. Right now in California smelters won't even lock in a rate and are two weeks from delivery.

So I would say you might be in process of being treated like a mushroom. What delay were you given BEFORE they had your money?

Have a nice day
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I just placed a big order with Gainesville Coins. After I placed my order I happened to read a few of the problems previous customers have had with them. Problems such as not receiving their order and really rude customer service. Do I have anything to be worried about? I've called twice to check on my order and both times I get an extremely unpleasant person named "Moe". Moe says it takes 5-7 business days to process and ship out orders. Any input would be appreciated as I am a little apprehensive at the moment because I sent them a 5 figure wire. >>

Wow...deja vu? ... similar M.O's used by defunct big bullion dealers. Slow or non shipments, rude c.s personnel and broken promises. Caveat Emptor...
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow...deja vu? ... similar M.O's used by defunct big bullion dealers. Slow or non shipments, rude c.s personnel and broken promises. Caveat Emptor...

I have to agree. Your order may be ok, but reports like this are clear signs that something's not right. I've never done business with them, chances are that I never will.

OTOH, several people here have done business with them over the years and have endorsed them. Good luck with your order.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Lol, now you feel confident after some posts With zero applicable info???
    Except mine of course...

Success discerns the intelligence and dismisses the hot air... >>

There is no diligence to be done at this point. They have my money so all I can do is wait and see what happens.
    And yes, I do feel better knowing that members here have had successful transactions with them.

How was your post of "Never do biz with anyone in Texas or Florida.... " applicable info?
    Don't come on here trying to ruin my post with worthless comments.
    And Don't come on here trying to sound smart and intelligent by making me sound like an idiot.
    You should learn to keep your smart a** comments to yourself.
    >>

Wow, finally, someone put him in his place. I like your no nonsense style. I hope it all works out for you.
  • Options
    Before the sports card forum alts get a little too carried away with themselves, I'd like to inject just a little common sense derived from 40 years of trading.

5 to 7 business days est.(but most probably more) means,
    1. Seller does not have these in stock.
    2. His supplier doesn't either.

In this silver market(and there is a lot to be concerned with RIGHT NOW), that is a bad omen.

The market is in turbulence right now. Do you think the seller will absorb a loss to fill this order or mail back a check? Or keep the money and ponzi the deal and keep their fingers crossed it doesn't get worse?

In the past when silver moves quickly the more senior people here have watched many companys go BK and small sellers commit suicide.
    Some forum members seem to think silver is ready to move up. That would put the seller in a bad spot.

Now to lighten up with a little SoCal flavor, SEARCH, Maroon 5 Sugar Youtube.

Have a nice day
  • Options
    I will give R79 some props for recognizing himself that he was an idiot and posting it...lol...
    keceph `anah
  • Options

<< <i>Before the sports card forum alts get a little too carried away with themselves, I'd like to inject just a little common sense derived from 40 years of trading.

5 to 7 business days est.(but most probably more) means,
    1. Seller does not have these in stock.
    2. His supplier doesn't either.

In this silver market(and there is a lot to be concerned with RIGHT NOW), that is a bad omen.

The market is in turbulence right now. Do you think the seller will absorb a loss to fill this order or mail back a check? Or keep the money and ponzi the deal and keep their fingers crossed it doesn't get worse?

In the past when silver moves quickly the more senior people here have watched many companys go BK and small sellers commit suicide.
    Some forum members seem to think silver is ready to move up. That would put the seller in a bad spot.

Now to lighten up with a little SoCal flavor, SEARCH, Maroon 5 Sugar Youtube. >>

In my short time on here, I have noticed some of you coin and metals posters like to bash people that come on here from other parts of the forum. What's with all of those conspiracy theories? Can you not sign up under a sports name and use other sections of the forum? How about when a coin guy who also collects sports items signs up? If he uses a coin name, is he an alt if he posts in the sports section? I don't know. It all sounds like petty bull to me.

Back to the topic. Anything can happen, but until we have more evidence, action, or lack of action by the seller, you are just speculating. That's not going to do the original poster much good now.

I firmly believe you had better research 6 ways to Sunday before you turn loose of large amounts of money on the internet. But I am not going to browbeat the OP because he might not have done that first. It's sort of like trying to put the toothpaste back in the tube. If it were me, I would give the seller 7 days max to ship. If nothing happens in that time frame, I would be taking actions that consisted of more than a phone call.
  • Options
    double post deleted
  • Options
    Cmon Sultan, it's only 1 chip in a hand of blackjack at the hard rock...
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    Never do biz with anyone in Texas or Florida

and CA is quickly rising on that list. What's going on out there rt1, why are people there so uptight? eBay'ers from CA have lost their damn fool minds, they are by far the most irritable buyers on eBay from my experience.
    I wish eBay had a feature that could block anyone with a CA mailing address, I would check that box with authority.

Second on my wish list would be to block anyone with an Apt. number in their mailing address. More than anyone else I get people who live in an Apt. asking me why it's taking so long for what they bought to arrive.
    My standard answer is, "your mail carrier is too lazy to knock on your Apt. door because the package is signature confirmation, which requires you to sign, that's why you now have to go to you local P.O. to sign for the package. You did know this was required before bidding, right?"

OR

"the package must bee too large to fit into your tiny Apt. mailbox, so rather than knocking on your door, your carrier left a notice for you to pickup at your P.O. now."

I'm getting OT, sorry.
    Gainesville has certainly had their problems percentage wise as much as any other bullion distributor. Someone posted a chart/poll here one time defining who the most reputable and customer service oriented bullion distributors were. I don't have the time to search for it but it's on here somewhere. As I recall, Gainesville was not very impressive at all.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options
    ZubieZubie Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭
    RawTeam,

I don't post here a lot and I've never bashed anyone here, but, you bring absolutely nothing to any thread. You constantly give smart ass remarks about everything and frankly, this place would be better off if you kept your yapper shut and posted something positive. And I think most people on this board would agree.

If you want to post here, post something positive and stop trying to make yourself seem smarter or better than everyone on this PM board.

Seriously...jeez
    Positive BST Transactions with:
    Overdate, BestMR, Weather11AM, TDEC1000, Carew4me, BigMarty58, Coinsarefun, Golfer72, UnknownComic, DMarks, JFoot13, ElKevvo, Truthteller, Duxbutt, TwoSides2aCoin, PerryHall, mhammerman, Papabear, Wingsrule, WTCG, MillerJW, Ciccio, zrlevin, dantheman984, tee135, jdimmick, gsa1fan, jmski52, SUMORADA, guitarwes, bstat1020, pitboss, meltdown, Schmitz7, 30AnvZ28, pragmaticgoat, wondercoin & MkMan123
  • Options

<< <i>Never do biz with anyone in Texas or Florida

and CA is quickly rising on that list. What's going on out there rt1, why are people there so uptight? eBay'ers from CA have lost their damn fool minds, they are by far the most irritable buyers on eBay from my experience.
    I wish eBay had a feature that could block anyone with a CA mailing address, I would check that box with authority.

Second on my wish list would be to block anyone with an Apt. number in their mailing address. More than anyone else I get people who live in an Apt. asking me why it's taking so long for what they bought to arrive.
    My standard answer is, "your mail carrier is too lazy to knock on your Apt. door because the package is signature confirmation, which requires you to sign, that's why you now have to go to you local P.O. to sign for the package. You did know this was required before bidding, right?"

OR

"the package must bee too large to fit into your tiny Apt. mailbox, so rather than knocking on your door, your carrier left a notice for you to pickup at your P.O. now."

I'm getting OT, sorry.
    Gainesville has certainly had their problems percentage wise as much as any other bullion distributor. Someone posted a chart/poll here one time defining who the most reputable and customer service oriented bullion distributors were. I don't have the time to search for it but it's on here somewhere. As I recall, Gainesville was not very impressive at all. >>

Gainesville has an A+ rating...but I have no idea how old it is

Bullion Dealer Ratings
  • Options
    RawTeam,

I don't post here a lot and I've never bashed anyone here, but, you bring absolutely nothing to any thread. You constantly give smart ass remarks about everything and frankly, this place would be better off if you kept your yapper shut and posted something positive. And I think most people on this board would agree.

If you want to post here, post something positive and stop trying to make yourself seem smarter or better than everyone on this PM board.

Seriously...jeez

It's that bullionstacker.com mentality, bash anyone and everyone justified or unjustified image
    Most drove me nuts when I was briefly on it. yeah I got booted, for speaking the truth and calling someone out that deserved to get called out, but then his Mod buddy said "no one talks to my butt buddy like that" LMAO still at how much of a joke that site is. Sorry rt1, it's the truth, you even admitted it to me.
  • Options
    Gainesville has an A+ rating...but I have no idea how old it is

I guess I stand corrected, kind of, like you said, don't know how old this is.

Gainesville Coins Complaints
    Gainesville coins has had 24 complaints with the BBB over the past three years. A majority of these complaints are related to delivery issues and problems with products and services. This amount of complaints tends to be right around the average however for gold and silver bullion dealers so it’s not bad considering that they actively seek to resolve all of these issues in a timely manner.

specifics about their complaints lodged against them and their resolution

One thing to keep in mind is this is only the documented complaints. How many more where people just came onto their favorite bullion chat site and told a story of their faults? Kind of like women reporting rape, 7 out of 10 women raped don't report it. Bad comparison, but you get my point I hope.
  • Options

<< <i>Gainesville has an A+ rating...but I have no idea how old it is

I guess I stand corrected, kind of, like you said, don't know how old this is.

Gainesville Coins Complaints
    Gainesville coins has had 24 complaints with the BBB over the past three years. A majority of these complaints are related to delivery issues and problems with products and services. This amount of complaints tends to be right around the average however for gold and silver bullion dealers so it’s not bad considering that they actively seek to resolve all of these issues in a timely manner.

specifics about their complaints lodged against them and their resolution >>

Here is another site, that shows a poor rating for Gainesville

Gold Dealer reviews
  • Options
    So, did anyone get stiffed by GC or is just a matter of customers expecting better service/turn around time?

• Options
    So, did anyone get stiffed by GC or is just a matter of customers expecting better service/turn around time?

Getting stiffed and poor customer service go hand in hand in my book as far as if I would ever do business with them again.
  • Options

• Options

You're such an a**.
  • Options
    RawTeam, Is a POS IMOimage
    UCSB Electrical Engineering....... USCG and NASA
  • Options

<< <i>So, did anyone get stiffed by GC or is just a matter of customers expecting better service/turn around time?

You're such an a**. >>

For pointing out that your answer to my question did not answer my question?

• Options

<< <i>RawTeam,

Seriously...jeez >>

Everything I post is positive, just hurts sometimes, tough crapola, just cause ya can't figure it out, is on you...
    Seriously...jeez...
    keceph `anah
  • Options

<< <i>RawTeam, Is a POS IMOimage >>

Coming from an engineer, I take that as the highest compliment, thank you very much...
    keceph `anah
  • Options

Best price I know of and free shipping. Cheaper than APMEX everytime I compare. 500 coin ASE min. order. You will have to wire funds for your first purchase. After that personal checks accepted. No credit cards. I have bought on many occasions from these guys, excellent service. Phone in your order. Sealed box is not necessary if your buying for bullion investment. You can save on an open box that still has 25 20-coin tubes in it.

Tulving Co.

-------------------------
    PM me for complete details on how to signup for and use Mr. Rebates. I will send you detailed step-by-step instructions.

Edited: Tuesday February 09, 2010 at 10:03 AM by derryb
    keceph `anah
  • Options

<< Please read carefully, yes tulving is 20 c cheaper per coin, but if you read carefully, ther monster box has been opened(meaning searched) vs apmex monster box is sealed. now if your just buying for bullion then, no big issue. but if you search em, thats potenitally a couplehundred $ you gave up by not pulling out the 70's.

jim >>

<<Good catch. And there is always a catch...>>

No catch, Tulving sells them sealed and unsealed and their site clearly states the difference. 20 cent per coin difference ($100) between sealed and unsealed. I haven't found anybody that beats Tulvings price, sealed or unsealed. Just make sure when you compare prices bwetween two different suppliers that you compare sealed against sealed.

disclaimer: in no way affiliated with Tulving, just a very satisfied customer trying to pass it on.

-------------------------
    PM me for complete details on how to signup for and use Mr. Rebates. I will send you detailed step-by-step instructions.

Edited: Tuesday February 09, 2010 at 10:15 AM by derryb
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    Geez, facts! Why'd you have to bring up the facts?

Now you're going to confuse the big time peanut gallery bullion sellers. image
    Have a nice day
  • Options
    Rule #1

If a person omits important detail about a transaction in order to GET YOUR MONEY then discloses details after THEY GET YOUR MONEY. Cal. Fl. Tx. IN? Makes no difference. They are on the con. Caveat Emptor.
    Have a nice day
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be hesitant to listen to advice (or criticism) from someone using Tulving as their basis for shopping for deals. How's that worked out for anybody over the past 2 years....oh that's right, bankrupt and a shaft list a mile long.

When was the last time you ordered from tulving there RT? Didn't think it was possible, secret service investigation and all a year ago, US Attorney wire fraud case a couple months ago, you know, the facts and all.

Multiple orders from Gainesville over the years, never had a problem. An order might have been slow to arrive, but it always showed up.
  • Options
    Didn't Tulving go bk twice in the last 15 years and left a ton of buyers holding the bag? I would never conduct business with them and have not in the past.
  • Options
    I think it was sarcasm comparing what Tulving ended up being vs. what GV appears to be heading towards. I could be wrong, maybe rt1 can clarify.
  • Options
    Dear Dr Buster,

You may want to delve a little deeper to find what you are looking for...

Grazie...
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Dear Dr Buster,

You may want to delve a little deeper to find what you are looking for...

Grazie... >>

I really didn't know that I was looking for anything there oh great purveyor of crypticism. Why don't you enlighten me, since you apparently know everything, including the answer to my question that you never answered.
  • Options
    Tulving??? Are you serious??? If Tulving is your dealer than YOU are the idiot RT!!!

Tulving Fraud and Bankruptcy

BBB: Tulving

Tulving Bankruptcy
    Overdate, BestMR, Weather11AM, TDEC1000, Carew4me, BigMarty58, Coinsarefun, Golfer72, UnknownComic, DMarks, JFoot13, ElKevvo, Truthteller, Duxbutt, TwoSides2aCoin, PerryHall, mhammerman, Papabear, Wingsrule, WTCG, MillerJW, Ciccio, zrlevin, dantheman984, tee135, jdimmick, gsa1fan, jmski52, SUMORADA, guitarwes, bstat1020, pitboss, meltdown, Schmitz7, 30AnvZ28, pragmaticgoat, wondercoin & MkMan123
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He doesn't buy from Tulving. He's just trying to irritate someone.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

<< <i>I think it was sarcasm comparing what Tulving ended up being vs. what GV appears to be heading towards. I could be wrong, maybe rt1 can clarify. >>

Thanks... when RT1 makes a comment, it's in English, but most of the time, I need an interpreter to figure out what he's saying.image
  • Options
    How can people be so ignorant??? It's utterly amazing, the bias' people have they can't even read or comprehend simple sentences...
    No ability to problem solve...
    No wonder the country all screwed up...
    keceph `anah
  • Options

<< <i>Tulving??? Are you serious??? If Tulving is your dealer than YOU are the idiot RT!!!

Tulving Fraud and Bankruptcy

BBB: Tulving

Tulving Bankruptcy >>

I just have to quote this for posterity sake... This ought to be in the Smithsonian or, no, for sure McLean hospital...
    keceph `anah
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I think it was sarcasm comparing what Tulving ended up being vs. what GV appears to be heading towards. I could be wrong, maybe rt1 can clarify. >>

Thanks... when RT1 makes a comment, it's in English, but most of the time, I need an interpreter to figure out what he's saying.image >>

Spot on with that assessment. I always figured if I had a 12 pack in me his typing might make more sense. And that is coming from a guy who is horrible with a keyboard. image
  • Options
    Isn't there a way to block comments from certain individuals?