Home Sports Talk
Options

College football 2014 - The first year of PLAYOFFS

Comments

• Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Parity runs across the board, not just the Big Ten and ACC. The Pac ten and Big 12 are not any better. SOS is overrated. SEC teams are given an unfair advantage in the pre-season by being overranked. Preseason had LSU, South Carolina, and Texas A@M all ranked. Teams that are highly ranked in the preseason can lose one or two games and still be in the top 10-15. Teams that are not highly ranked lose 1 or 2 and become unranked. >>

You were the one that brought up SOS so I went with it. Let me know in the future which things you say that you mean as support for your conclusions and which you don't mean. Sort of hard to follow otherwise.
  • Options
    garnettstylegarnettstyle Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Parity runs across the board, not just the Big Ten and ACC. The Pac ten and Big 12 are not any better. SOS is overrated. SEC teams are given an unfair advantage in the pre-season by being overranked. Preseason had LSU, South Carolina, and Texas A@M all ranked. Teams that are highly ranked in the preseason can lose one or two games and still be in the top 10-15. Teams that are not highly ranked lose 1 or 2 and become unranked. >>

You were the one that brought up SOS so I went with it. Let me know in the future which things you say that you mean as support for your conclusions and which you don't mean. Sort of hard to follow otherwise. >>

Nice try haha. You first claimed Ohio State played a weak schedule.

IT CAN'T BE A TRUE PLAYOFF UNLESS THE BIG TEN CHAMPIONS ARE INCLUDED

• Options

<< <i>Nice try haha. You first claimed Ohio State played a weak schedule. >>

I can't follow your logic. Whatever you say is correct. I believe you now. The Big 10 is the best conference ever because back in 1902 they were great. Go Buckeyes! The SEC is overrated because garnettstyle says so. [Insert more flyover states bias here.]
  • Options
    As to games this weekend I see WVU favored over K-State by 2.5 and UCLA favored by 3.5 over U$C. Why is K-State an underdog there!? As for UCLA there is no home field advantage ever at the Rose Bowl but especially not against SC. Also, I think SC is a very good team. Other than their loss to BC they have lost to a couple of top 25 teams and that happens. I am hoping UCLA wins whether they cover or not doesn't matter. Also, that reminds me, that BC is not horrible. I wonder if they will give FSU a game!?
  • Options
    Two top 10 SEC teams scheduling tough non-conference opponents this late in the season.

#1 Alabama vs almighty.... Western Carolina and #10 Georgia vs powerhouse.... Charleston Southern.

• Options

<< <i>Two top 10 SEC teams scheduling tough non-conference opponents this late in the season.

#1 Alabama vs almighty.... Western Carolina and #10 Georgia vs powerhouse.... Charleston Southern. >>

This is ironic, from Wiki:

"Western Carolina and Appalachian State have a football rivalry...."

I guess we will see if a top 10 SEC team can hold off an FCS team? It would be horribly embarrassing for a "power 5" university, while top 10 in the country, to lose to an FCS team.
  • Options
    Unranked North Carolina whips #25 Duke. In the ACC its Florida State and then everyone else.

• Options

<< <i>Unranked North Carolina whips #25 Duke. In the ACC its Florida State and then everyone else. >>

I am not saying you are wrong since I haven't seen them play a single down but Georgia Tech is ranked and 9-2. Haven't played much of a schedule but they did manage to beat V'Tech. image Let's see what they do against Georgia and then we will know more. I am still not convinced FSU is great. They have managed to not lose but that's about all you can say for them. I wouldn't be surprised to see them lose and fall out of the playoff picture.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Unranked North Carolina whips #25 Duke. In the ACC its Florida State and then everyone else. >>

Haven't played much of a schedule but they did manage to beat V'Tech. image >>

Georgia Tech didn't have to go with their 2nd string QB image

• Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    Wasn't able to see to the games yesterday as took the bride to a Margarita Ball, but did catch a few scores every now and then. Saw the Irish continue their suckage. Hopefully they'll do the respectable thing and turn down ANY bowl if they end up being offered one. Kids that lose that many games a season don't deserve to be rewarded for their efforts in my opinion, nor does the school deserve to make the revenue from a bowl. That doesn't just go for ND, it ought to apply to schools across the board. Lose more than 2 games and keep their butts at home. The "toilet" bowls are far too diluted down with crappy teams IMO. Will never happen, but would make the surviving bowls much more interesting to me.

Would probably lead though to even more schools scheduling tier 2, tier 3, JUCO, and high school teams though image
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    Ya, sorry to see ND dropping a few. Not sure what happened to them. Hopefully they beat $C.

I still am not impressed with FSU. Seeing how marginal ND is gives more to the theory that FSU is not great this year.
  • Options

<< <i>Wasn't able to see to the games yesterday as took the bride to a Margarita Ball, but did catch a few scores every now and then. Saw the Irish continue their suckage. Hopefully they'll do the respectable thing and turn down ANY bowl if they end up being offered one. Kids that lose that many games a season don't deserve to be rewarded for their efforts in my opinion, nor does the school deserve to make the revenue from a bowl. That doesn't just go for ND, it ought to apply to schools across the board. Lose more than 2 games and keep their butts at home. The "toilet" bowls are far too diluted down with crappy teams IMO. Will never happen, but would make the surviving bowls much more interesting to me.

Would probably lead though to even more schools scheduling tier 2, tier 3, JUCO, and high school teams though image >>

I think the bowl season is the most interesting and fun part of CF.

• Options
    Latest AP and coaches polls have Big 12, Pac 12, Big 10, and ACC all with 4 teams ranked.

Ole miss has lost 3 out of 4(their only win against Presbyterian lol) still ranked in the top 20 image

• Options

<< <i>Latest AP and coaches polls have Big 12, Pac 12, Big 10, and ACC all with 4 teams ranked.

Ole miss has lost 3 out of 4(their only win against Presbyterian lol) still ranked in the top 20 image >>

Ya Ole Miss is free-falling. It's too bad. I enjoyed having a new team up there.

Look at Arkansas. 6-5 but all five losses against teams in the top 10 at the time they played. Pretty amazing. They almost got back into the top 25 at 6-5. Would be unusual. Not sure if that's SEC bias or what but quite interesting.
  • Options

<< <i>

Look at Arkansas. 6-5 but all five losses against teams in the top 10 at the time they played. Pretty amazing. They almost got back into the top 25 at 6-5. Would be unusual. Not sure if that's SEC bias or what but quite interesting. >>

I had wanted to see Arkansas play this year. They were on my tour of teams to see. I had tix when they played at Cowboys Stadium (AT&T) against A&M but my brother in law passed a few days before and his funeral was at the same time of the football game. I made one of my much younger law school classmates very happy though by giving her and her family my tix image , and I got the honor of speaking at my brother in laws funeral on behalf of my sister, and was quite moved by her written statements that she asked me to present. Was pretty nice being able to honor her and my brother in law by doing that, he was a good man to my sister and their kids.

Mike
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Look at Arkansas. 6-5 but all five losses against teams in the top 10 at the time they played. Pretty amazing. They almost got back into the top 25 at 6-5. Would be unusual. Not sure if that's SEC bias or what but quite interesting. >>

I had wanted to see Arkansas play this year. They were on my tour of teams to see. I had tix when they played at Cowboys Stadium (AT&T) against A&M but my brother in law passed a few days before and his funeral was at the same time of the football game. I made one of my much younger law school classmates very happy though by giving her and her family my tix image , and I got the honor of speaking at my brother in laws funeral on behalf of my sister, and was quite moved by her written statements that she asked me to present. Was pretty nice being able to honor her and my brother in law by doing that, he was a good man to my sister and their kids.

Mike >>

They couldn't re-schedule the funeral? image Seriously though that is an honor and I am sure you handled it well. Bummer about brother in law.
  • Options
    Garnettstyle would have been very happy listening to ESPN this morning. Danny Kanell was saying the Big 10 is much better now than the beginning of the year. We shall see if he is right after the season ends and how the bowl games come out.

One thing I really agreed with about their discussion was basically if all other things are equal then it's ok for the Big 10 or Big 12 team to jump Miss State to get into the playoffs. That is, rather than have 2 SEC teams it is one of the criteria, the committee can use, is to have more conferences represented. In this instance Miss State, TCU, Baylor and Ohio State all have good cases to make. IF all are about equal then avoiding two SEC teams in the playoffs makes sense. I am, however, still very against conference champions or putting in a 4th conference just because. To me, everything else has to be equal. That appears to be the case with those teams as things stand. Assuming all those teams win out I think good arguments could be made for any of them.

Greenie and Kanell were saying FSU should be #1. Golic said "ok, then who would you pick between FSU and Alabama?" In the end they agreed they would take Alabama (as most would I think). They mentioned that FSU could have to travel to the Rose Bowl and thus be at a disadvantage. However, that's random luck so I don't like that argument. Oregon could be #1 and then have to travel across country the other way.

I only listened 15-20 minutes but it was good talk I thought.
  • Options
    Oh ya, forgot to say props to that kid for rushing for 425 yards. Amazing!

Also, I love the small school guys. Just saw this tidbit on ESPN. Amazing on how these guys slip through the cracks:

Almost famous
    Kiper: Donatella Luckett, WR, Harding

Looking for next year's John Brown -- a small-school speedster who will make an impact as a rookie? Maybe it'll be Luckett, a chiseled, powerful 5-11, 210-pound receiver for Harding. On Saturday, Luckett had just four catches, but for 201 yards and two TDs. He can't pile up huge catch totals in this triple-option offense, but his 23 catches this season have come with a 26.2-yard average.

This is a player who came in as a fullback, and has run the 100-meter dash in 10.44 seconds. He had interest from much bigger programs but landed at Harding and will land in the NFL next year, somewhere in the third- to fifth-round range.

McShay: David Johnson, RB, Northern Iowa Panthers

Johnson has good size (6-1, 225 pounds) and great work ethic and character. He has dominated small-school competition, including rushing for 205 yards and three touchdowns in the Panthers' 38-24 win Saturday over Missouri State. He should come off the board as a late-round pick. Northern Iowa is hosting Stephen F. Austin in the FCS playoffs, so fans and scouts will get a good opportunity to watch him play.
  • Options
    Interesting website about odds of making the playoffs.

LINK
  • Options
    Interesting fodder from ESPN's Brad Edwards:

With only two weeks remaining until the playoff committee's final rankings, contenders are running out of chances to win their way into the four-team field.

Although it's not a prediction of the committee's top 25, the Playoff Forecast will use the ESPN Football Power Index and human logic (i.e., the eye test) to determine which teams are best positioned when the committee announces the playoff teams on Dec. 7. These rankings take into account perceived team strength (including injuries), remaining schedule difficulty (including prospective conference championship games) and the current selection committee rankings.

1. Oregon Ducks
    FPI's chance of winning out: 59.9 percent
    FPI's chance of winning the conference: 66.6 percent

Although Oregon has no more home games, I feel slightly better about its chance to win out than the other two teams that seem to control their playoff destinies (Florida State and Alabama). The Ducks are at Oregon State this week, and their likely Pac-12 title game opponent is UCLA, whom they dominated at the Rose Bowl on Oct. 11. But the Bruins have played much better of late and could pose a threat to Oregon if they can first clinch the South with a win over Stanford on Friday. FPI gives the Ducks a 64 percent chance to win if they play UCLA again.

2. Florida State Seminoles
    FPI's chance of winning out: 50.4 percent
    FPI's chance of winning the conference: 68.3 percent

Although we expect FSU to continue to play close games, the Seminoles shouldn't lose to Florida in Tallahassee. The game after that, however, feels a little trickier. FSU has great depth, but going a full four quarters every week has to be wearing on the Noles' defense. If they aren't able to get any rest against UF, the triple-option attack of Georgia Tech just might catch FSU at the wrong time. The Jackets' style of play could easily minimize possessions and take Florida State to the wire once more.

3. Alabama Crimson Tide
    FPI's chance of winning out: 45.6 percent
    FPI's chance of winning the conference: 58.2 percent

The Tide are the only primary playoff contender with a pair of top-20 opponents still in front of them. But being FPI's No. 1 team, Bama is given a better chance to navigate that schedule than any other team would be. This week's opponent, Auburn, has been struggling in recent weeks, so the likelier trap for the Tide could be the SEC title game, depending on the opponent. FPI gives Alabama an 83 percent chance to beat Missouri but only a 55 percent chance to beat Georgia.

4. Baylor Bears
    FPI's chance of winning out: 70.6 percent
    FPI's chance of winning the conference: 72.7 percent

Kansas State's win Thursday set the stage for Baylor to play a pseudo-conference title game on Dec. 6, and that matchup of the Bears and Wildcats in Waco could be for the outright Big 12 championship if TCU loses at Texas on Thursday. On top of that, Baylor has the highest win-out percentage of the primary playoff contenders. The problem for the Bears is that until the selection committee ranks them ahead of Ohio State and TCU, they can't have confidence that winning out will be enough to get them in the playoff.

5. Ohio State Buckeyes
    FPI's chance of winning out: 55.1 percent
    FPI's chance of winning the conference: 62.9 percent

The Buckeyes didn't do themselves any favors by waiting until the final minutes to put away Indiana on Saturday, and it might be needless to say that a win over Michigan this week won't do much for their résumé. They have to hope Wisconsin wins the West Division to give them the highest-ranked possible opponent for the Big Ten championship game. The big question is whether just beating the Badgers would then be enough to sufficiently impress the committee. If Ohio State falls behind Baylor in this week's rankings, that will be a very bad sign, considering the Bears' opponent on Championship Saturday (Kansas State) is likely to be ranked higher than the Buckeyes'.

6. TCU Horned Frogs
    FPI's chance of winning out: 64.2 percent
    FPI's chance of winning the conference: 19.2 percent

TCU was the only one of the top seven playoff contenders that didn't play over the weekend, but Minnesota's win at Nebraska could have been enough (TCU beat Minnesota in September) to preserve the Frogs' place ahead of Baylor in the committee's rankings for at least another week. But this week's focus is on playoff survival. The trip to Austin represents the only realistic remaining possibility for TCU to take a second loss in the regular season. Win that game and the Frogs can sit back and wait for the little bit of help they may need to get into the final top four.

7. Mississippi State Bulldogs
    FPI's chance of winning out: 35.6 percent
    FPI's chance of winning the conference: 6.9 percent

The Bulldogs controlled what they could, beating Vanderbilt 51-0. They certainly weren't helped by other results, as their chance for a top-10 showdown in Oxford this week went up in smoke with Ole Miss' shutout loss at Arkansas. If Alabama wins on Saturday, MSU will finish the regular season without a win over any team better than 8-4. In that event, the committee's view of the quality of teams like Auburn, LSU, Ole Miss, Arkansas and Texas A&M will be crucial to the Bulldogs' fate.

8. UCLA Bruins
    FPI's chance of winning out: 25.5 percent
    FPI's chance of winning the conference: 25.5 percent

The Bruins will win the Pac-12 South if they beat Stanford, and then they could take out Oregon in the conference title game. If that happens, there might be a decent argument for them to have a place in the top four, as they would have gone 11-2 against what FPI ranks as the most difficult schedule in the Football Bowl Subdivision. It would be fascinating to see how the committee would compare UCLA to one-loss teams such as Mississippi State and Ohio State.

9. Georgia Bulldogs
    FPI's chance of winning out: 54.3 percent
    FPI's chance of winning the conference: 27.6 percent

UGA still needs some help (Arkansas beating Missouri) to get into the SEC title game, but if that happens and the Dawgs win the conference championship, would that be a ticket into the playoff? With Georgia having losses to a couple of mediocre teams (South Carolina and Florida), my guess is that the committee would take an 11-1 Mississippi State from the SEC instead. But if there are a few upsets over these final two weeks, you never know what could happen.

10. Kansas State Wildcats
    FPI's chance of winning out: 23.4 percent
    FPI's chance of winning the conference: 8.1 percent

KSU needs a couple of things to happen that are against the odds. First, it needs TCU to lose at Texas (33 percent chance, according to FPI). Then it needs to win at Baylor on Dec. 6 (25 percent chance by FPI). Those results would make the Wildcats the outright Big 12 champ. More than likely, another upset or two would be required to bump KSU into the top four, but there are still opportunities for that to happen.
  • Options
    Its Muck Fichigan week image

• Options

<< <i>Its Muck Fichigan week image >>

Hopefully the missing Buckeye player is found safely. As a parent I hate hearing missing kid stories. Hopefully tragedy hasn't befallen on this family.
  • Options

<< <i>Hopefully the missing Buckeye player is found safely. As a parent I hate hearing missing kid stories. Hopefully tragedy hasn't befallen on this family. >>

I hadn't heard about that until your post. Just went read about it. I hope they find him. How potentially sad.
  • Options
    UCLA was overrated.

• Options
    I personally hope the skunk bears win, but I thought this photo was kind of neat.

• Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    Quite possible that Arizona could beat Oregon twice and not make the final four.

• Options
    Although my favorite got their heads knocked off once again, what a great day of college football it's shaping up to be. Might be an SEC free playoff. ESPN might go comatose LOL

For all things good in this world, go AUBURN, get it done tonight!!
  • Options

<< <i>Although my favorite got their heads knocked off once again, what a great day of college football it's shaping up to be. Might be an SEC free playoff. ESPN might go comatose LOL

For all things good in this world, go AUBURN, get it done tonight!! >>

If Auburn wins the SEC don't deserve a playoff spot.

Today:

ACC 4
    SEC 0

• Options

<< <i>

>>

I concur 200% (if that's possible)
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

>>

I concur 200% (if that's possible) >>

Seriously. Is it amazing how things have changed in a couple weeks!? WOW! Could be zero SEC teams and two Big 10 teams. Lol! Amazing.
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Although not as dominant as in years past the SEC is the top conference in College Football. There are many quality teams that must play other quality teams week after week so it would not be surprising that the eventual National Champion could be a multi-loss team. It would be a miscarriage of justice to exclude them from the playoffs. BTW it seems to me the Buckeyes were the only Big 14 team with a chance of getting in. If they are now out of the picture no Big ten team is in. If Oregon loses the Pac however many Championship is that conference also out? If Florida State loses to Georgia Tech is the Acc also out? If all this happens does Marshall get a shot?
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options

<< <i>UCLA was overrated. >>

Always easy to make such statements AFTER the games. You just never know. UCLA throttled USC last week and the game wasn't as close as the score. Then today USC beat up on ND. You just never know. As a UCLA fan it's just about seeing what trivial bowl game they go to now. Oh joy.

I know you are a big Ohio State fan. I am sorry about your QB going down. That really sucks. However, it's the way the cookie crumbles. If they can pull off a couple wins with their 3rd string QB that would be truly amazing. Good luck to you.

Now watching USU and hoping they can beat Boise State. I love schools like USU that recruit 2 and 3 star kids, at best, and figure out a way to make it work.
  • Options
    Oh well, go MIZZOU!
  • Options
    Navarro, I can not begin to tell you how much I dislike your above comment. Rooting for Mizzou is like going to a casino and rooting for the house!!!!

Now, to repent for your sins, go outside and say ten 'Roll Tides' followed by five 'Rammer Jammers', and listen to Dixieland Delight for 24 hours straight!
    Scoreboard Malfunction
  • Options

<< <i>Navarro, I can not begin to tell you how much I dislike your above comment. Rooting for Mizzou is like going to a casino and rooting for the house!!!!

Now, to repent for your sins, go outside and say ten 'Roll Tides' followed by five 'Rammer Jammers', and listen to Dixieland Delight for 24 hours straight! >>

You've got it backward my friend. Rooting for Bama is like rooting for the house, because when it comes tine to settle the ledger, they always win!

My daughter has punished me enough. Ever since we went to Bama together earlier this year, any time they are on TV and make a first down, I'm forced to endure a "roll tide". If she wasn't such a great kid I'd terminate parental rights lol
  • Options

<< <i>Although not as dominant as in years past the SEC is the top conference in College Football. There are many quality teams that must play other quality teams week after week so it would not be surprising that the eventual National Champion could be a multi-loss team. It would be a miscarriage of justice to exclude them from the playoffs. BTW it seems to me the Buckeyes were the only Big 14 team with a chance of getting in. If they are now out of the picture no Big ten team is in. If Oregon loses the Pac however many Championship is that conference also out? If Florida State loses to Georgia Tech is the Acc also out? If all this happens does Marshall get a shot? >>

I think Marshall lost this weekend so they are out.

With Alabama's win they are in the playoffs no matter what happens in the SEC championship game.

I think Oregon is in even if they lose.

Florida State is in.

I think TCU is in.

I think Ohio State could be out due to the QB injury.
  • Options

<< <i>Oh well, go MIZZOU! >>

This!! If Alabama loses no sec team will make the playoffs unless they vote to put Mizzou in who lost to Indiana lol. If Ohio State beats #11 Wisconsin its a safe bet they will jump Tcu.

• Options
    mrmint23mrmint23 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Navarro, I can not begin to tell you how much I dislike your above comment. Rooting for Mizzou is like going to a casino and rooting for the house!!!!

Now, to repent for your sins, go outside and say ten 'Roll Tides' followed by five 'Rammer Jammers', and listen to Dixieland Delight for 24 hours straight! >>

You've got it backward my friend. Rooting for Bama is like rooting for the house, because when it comes tine to settle the ledger, they always win!

My daughter has punished me enough. Ever since we went to Bama together earlier this year, any time they are on TV and make a first down, I'm forced to endure a "roll tide". If she wasn't such a great kid I'd terminate parental rights lol >>

Roll Tide... Mike that Maven is a doll. Ok now let's focus on that new comer to the SEC...Missiouri.
  • Options

<< <i>

Roll Tide... Mike that Maven is a doll. Ok now let's focus on that new comer to the SEC...Missiouri. >>

Thanks Kirk, this should soothe the Bama faithful lol

• Options
    Just saw the story about the Ohio State kid. Really puts all this stuff about rankings, wins, losses in perspective. At the end of the day, NONE of that REALLY matters. Hopefully his family can find peace one day.
  • Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Just saw the story about the Ohio State kid. Really puts all this stuff about rankings, wins, losses in perspective. At the end of the day, NONE of that REALLY matters. Hopefully his family can find peace one day. >>

• Options

<< <i>Just saw the story about the Ohio State kid. Really puts all this stuff about rankings, wins, losses in perspective. At the end of the day, NONE of that REALLY matters. Hopefully his family can find peace one day. >>

Very sad.
  • Options
    Reaction?

Alabama11-11--
    Oregon11-12--
    TCU10-152
    Florida State12-031
    Ohio State11-161
    Baylor10-171
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    I'm feeling a LOT better about Oregon after last night's convincing win over Arizona. People said that the Ducks had a Stanford problem, and then an Arizona problem. Both of those problems were more than solved. Offensive line is gelling and has three weeks to get a couple guys back. The defense looked better than I have seen all year, although RichRod's play calling was pretty damn conservative. Oregon's freshman running back, Royce Freeman, looks really good. And then there's Mariota. I have no idea if his skill set will translate well to the NFL, but I'm sure glad he's QBing my college team. I've watched him from the first game he played and marveled at his poise then. He's matured into a damn good player in all aspects of his game, and he's as good a kid off the field as he is on it. He's truly worthy and deserving of accepting the Heismann Trophy next weekend.

We'll see where they are seeded tomorrow afternoon. At worst they'll be #2, but have a very good chance at the overall #1 seed. I'm really hoping for a chance at Florida State, and after that (assuming they beat FSU) I'd like to see a matchup with 'Bama. Outside of Tallahassee and Fort Worth, I'm pretty sure that's the matchup everyone in the country wants.
  • Options
    WOW. Ohio State is making their case. TCU has to be worried. I have to admit I am quite surprised. I thought Wisconsin was better than this.

As an Oregon fan I think being the 2nd seed would be best for them as they would be at the Rose Bowl and thus will be like a home game. Being #1 and potentially playing #4 Florida State, in the Sugar Bowl, would be a home game for FSU. #2 Oregon v. #3 Ohio State in the Rose Bowl has some historical significance.

Still a lot of football to play tonight....
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am stunned into silence... OSU 38-0...

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    would be fun if fsu loses, and then get to see all the upset fan reactions from either the Ohio State, TCU, or Baylor fans depending on which ones don't get "in"
  • Options

<< <i>would be fun if fsu loses, and then get to see all the upset fan reactions from either the Ohio State, TCU, or Baylor fans depending on which ones don't get "in" >>

I think if FSU wins or loses there are going to be some unhappy fans. Ohio State, TCU and Baylor all have good cases.

I am not an FSU fan but I hope the committee doesn't exclude them. Would make the winner of the playoffs a champion*.
  • Options
    lbcoach20lbcoach20 Posts: 868 ✭✭✭
    Ohio State 45-0! WOW!
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    I'm at a boring Christmad party right now. The host had the OSU-Wisconsin game on. Had to covertly find his remote so I could turn on the FSU-GT game on. Much better.