Home Sports Talk
Options

College football 2014 - The first year of PLAYOFFS

Comments

• Options
    lightningboylightningboy Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭
    Doesnt really mater what the current rankings are. The only 2 teams that have complete control of the #1 spot are Alabama and Mississippi State. If either one wins out they are guaranteed #1.
  • Options
    garnettstylegarnettstyle Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>
    Any of those 10 teams can beat any other. >>

I think if Ohio State plays the other 9 teams on that list, they go 0-9.

Mike >>

Ohio state won more BCS bowl games than any other team in the BCS era. They would destroy Notre Dame.

IT CAN'T BE A TRUE PLAYOFF UNLESS THE BIG TEN CHAMPIONS ARE INCLUDED

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>
    Any of those 10 teams can beat any other. >>

I think if Ohio State plays the other 9 teams on that list, they go 0-9.

Mike >>

If Notre Dame was still on the list OSU would at least go 1-8 image
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

Ohio state won more BCS bowl games than any other team in the BCS era. >>

What does that have to do with anything? And Notre Dame isn't in the top ten so it doesn't matter who would win that matchup, so OSU would still go 0-9.

If we want to bring "history" into the current rankings, then why cut off with an arbitrary date of the "BCS era"? Hhhmmm, let me guess because that suits your argument. Heck, let's go all the way back and it's no contest who comes out on top in that scenario, but I won't bring all of ND's titles and Heismans into the discussion because no past year matters at all to this current year (or shouldn't) to me, except for my belief that the defending champs until they get knocked off should be #1. Yes, that's hypocritical by bringing in last year's history, but so be it.

Oh, wait a minute, you are right, OSU should be feared because they did manage to only lose by 14 to the 4 and 5 Hokies, LOL.

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options

<< <i>
    If Notre Dame was still on the list OSU would at least go 1-8 image >>

I like your style image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Ohio state won more BCS bowl games than any other team in the BCS era. >>

What does that have to do with anything?

A LOT MORE FACT BASE THAN WHAT YOU PRESENTED, WHICH IS NOTHING image

Oh, wait a minute, you are right, OSU should be feared because they did manage to only lose by 14 to the 4 and 5 Hokies, LOL.

Mike >>

You're the one that started the ohio state bashing. Funny coming from a Notre Dame fan considering they haven't beaten the Buckeyes since 1936 LOL. Saying they would go 0-9 against the other top teams after they just beat the #6 team in the country is just lame.

Even the ESPN experts admitted they are a different team than the one who lost to VA Tech, right after they just lost their star Heisman finalist QB.

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,797 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In all fairness, the loss of Braxton Miller was a huge loss for Ohio State. I did not see them beating Michigan State. They seem to be improving each week.

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭

<< <i>In all fairness, the loss of Braxton Miller was a huge loss for Ohio State. I did not see them beating Michigan State. They seem to be improving each week. >>

Agreed. Much better than expected after Braxton went down. However, the Big Ten is still horrible this year. Not as horrible as I previously thought as they have two good teams but the drop off after that is steep. Just a down year. I am sure teams like Wisci and Iowa will be better next year.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>In all fairness, the loss of Braxton Miller was a huge loss for Ohio State. I did not see them beating Michigan State. They seem to be improving each week. >>

Agreed. Much better than expected after Braxton went down. However, the Big Ten is still horrible this year. Not as horrible as I previously thought as they have two good teams but the drop off after that is steep. Just a down year. I am sure teams like Wisci and Iowa will be better next year. >>

The big ten isn't down. They have 5 teams in the top 25. Wisconsin is a better team now than the team that barely lost to LSU first week of the season. They have the number 1 running back in the country and number 1 rated defense. The big ten has 4 of the top 7 running backs in the country.

• Options

<< <i>The big ten isn't down. They have 5 teams in the top 25. Wisconsin is a better team now than the team that barely lost to LSU first week of the season. They have the number 1 running back in the country and number 1 rated defense. The big ten has 4 of the top 7 running backs in the country. >>

Keep telling yourself that. At least one person believes you.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>The big ten isn't down. They have 5 teams in the top 25. Wisconsin is a better team now than the team that barely lost to LSU first week of the season. They have the number 1 running back in the country and number 1 rated defense. The big ten has 4 of the top 7 running backs in the country. >>

Keep telling yourself that. At least one person believes you. >>

And everyone else who wants facts, but thanks for your 2 cents.

• Options

<< <i> And everyone else who wants facts, but thanks for your 2 cents. >>

Ok, this week's Sagarin ratings. Is that factual enough? A guy that gets paid for his analysis rather than an unpaid fan leaving his opinion on a message board!? Here you go. FACTS. Unlike it's historical glory, that you talk about, here is the current ratings. This year. Now. These ratings indicate to me the Big Ten is down this year. How you can not agree is beyond me. They are neck and neck with the ACC as this clearly demonstrates. There are many other sites like this. Go find them. Maybe some of them have the Big 10 higher now!? Last I looked they were at, or near, the bottom of every one. Oh wait, are you talking college basketball? I do think the Big 10 will have a good conference rating there. Is that the confusion!? This thread is about college football 2014.

1 SEC-WEST
    2 PAC-12(SOUTH)
    3 SEC-EAST
    4 BIG 12
    5 ACC-COASTAL
    6 PAC-12(NORTH)
    7 BIG TEN-EAST
    8 BIG TEN-WEST
    9 ACC-ATLANTIC
    10 I-A INDEPENDENTS
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i> And everyone else who wants facts, but thanks for your 2 cents. >>

Ok, this week's Sagarin ratings. Is that factual enough? A guy that gets paid for his analysis rather than an unpaid fan leaving his opinion on a message board!? Here you go. FACTS. Unlike it's historical glory, that you talk about, here is the current ratings. This year. Now. These ratings indicate to me the Big Ten is down this year. How you can not agree is beyond me. They are neck and neck with the ACC as this clearly demonstrates. There are many other sites like this. Go find them. Maybe some of them have the Big 10 higher now!? Last I looked they were at, or near, the bottom of every one. Oh wait, are you talking college basketball? I do think the Big 10 will have a good conference rating there. Is that the confusion!? This thread is about college football 2014.

1 SEC-WEST
    2 PAC-12(SOUTH)
    3 SEC-EAST
    4 BIG 12
    5 ACC-COASTAL
    6 PAC-12(NORTH)
    7 BIG TEN-EAST
    8 BIG TEN-WEST
    9 ACC-ATLANTIC
    10 I-A INDEPENDENTS >>

SEC east 3rd image

One of the worst teams in the Big ten beat their team sitting at the top. And there are 3 teams in the sec east with losing records. NO WAY is that division stronger than the Big ten east. Ive also seen several articles that gives the facts about the SEC being overrated. I guess Sean Hannity getting paid millions for his analysis means its gospel.

• Options

<< <i>

SEC east 3rd image

One of the worst teams in the Big ten beat their team sitting at the top. And there are 3 teams in the sec east with losing records. NO WAY is that division stronger than the Big ten east. Ive also seen several articles that gives the facts about the SEC being overrated. I guess Sean Hannity getting paid millions for his analysis means its gospel. >>

You could be right but at this point they pay these writers (like Sagarin) for their opinions and you, as far as I know, are just an unpaid fan. So if I need to choose my "facts" I will side with people that are paid for their opinion over you the fan. No offense.
  • Options

<< <i>

Keep telling yourself that. At least one person believes you. >>

• Options
    OriolesOrioles Posts: 312 ✭✭✭
    Could the SEC have no teams in the playoff? The only scenario that I think has a chance would be:

Mississippi State falls to Alabama and also Ole Miss (both on the road). finishes with two losses
    Alabama loses to Auburn. finishes with two losses
    Auburn and Ole Miss win out and finish with two losses.

A two loss SEC west team (whoever would win the 4 team tiebreaker between two loss teams Alabama, Auburn, Ole Miss, Miss State) loses to Missouri (has two losses). This is probably the biggest stretch, but could happen. That makes the SEC West "winner" have three losses.

Would a Missouri team (currently unranked) or a three loss SEC west team or a two loss second place finisher in the West (who didn't go to their own conference's championship game) go ahead of one of the following - assuming they win out:

Arizona State/Oregon winner
    Florida State
    TCU
    Baylor
    Ohio State

I don't think so and would probably speed up the process to expand the playoffs in the future.

Too far fetched?
  • Options

<< <i>Could the SEC have no teams in the playoff? The only scenario that I think has a chance would be:

Mississippi State falls to Alabama and also Ole Miss (both on the road). finishes with two losses
    Alabama loses to Auburn. finishes with two losses
    Auburn and Ole Miss win out and finish with two losses.

A two loss SEC west team (whoever would win the 4 team tiebreaker between two loss teams Alabama, Auburn, Ole Miss, Miss State) loses to Missouri (has two losses). This is probably the biggest stretch, but could happen. That makes the SEC West "winner" have three losses.

Would a Missouri team (currently unranked) or a three loss SEC west team or a two loss second place finisher in the West (who didn't go to their own conference's championship game) go ahead of one of the following - assuming they win out:

Arizona State/Oregon winner
    Florida State
    TCU
    Baylor
    Ohio State

I don't think so and would probably speed up the process to expand the playoffs in the future.

Too far fetched? >>

That's the beauty of it. Anything is possible. Likely? No not too likely. However, fun to consider crazy possibilities.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

SEC east 3rd image

One of the worst teams in the Big ten beat their team sitting at the top. And there are 3 teams in the sec east with losing records. NO WAY is that division stronger than the Big ten east. Ive also seen several articles that gives the facts about the SEC being overrated. I guess Sean Hannity getting paid millions for his analysis means its gospel. >>

You could be right but at this point they pay these writers (like Sagarin) for their opinions and you, as far as I know, are just an unpaid fan. So if I need to choose my "facts" I will side with people that are paid for their opinion over you the fan. No offense. >>

Being paid for it means nothing. Everyone is biased and everyone has a different opinion, paid or not. Its pretty clear that the sec east is not one of the top divisions in CF. Either the guy wrote that in the beginning of the season, or is a complete idiot.

• Options

<< <i>

Being paid for it means nothing. Everyone is biased and everyone has a different opinion, paid or not. Its pretty clear that the sec east is not one of the top divisions in CF. Either the guy wrote that in the beginning of the season, or is a complete idiot. >>

Hey! We finally agree on something. image
  • Options
    Wow, saw where OSU laid the smackdown to the not so Golden Gophers today. Very nice.
  • Options
    How about the Wisconsin running back!? 408 yards. WOW!

I have been saying all along that Nebraska wasn't very good so not shocked that Wisconsin beat them but how on earth does a team let one man run for 408 yards!? Yikes!
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,797 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Northwestern won in OT at South Bend, 41-38

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    The Horned Frogs put the smackdown on Kansas and Northwestern laid the wood to the Sparring Dummy Irish.

Miss St goes down like a drunken coed.

Gotta love college football!

Too bad someone has to win the championship this year. Too much mediocrity nationwide.
  • Options
    Another great week for the Big Ten.

Melvin Gordon breaks NCAA rushing record on his way to the Heisman.

4-6 Northwestern shocks #18 Notre Dame.

Ohio State extends NCAA road winning streak to 13 games.

• Options
    Did one RB really have 408 yards or was it a team effort. I havent seen a second of the action today. Been watching a concert instead
  • Options
    and was it snowing at the ND game (other than NW points that is)?
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Did one RB really have 408 yards or was it a team effort. I havent seen a second of the action today. Been watching a concert instead >>

One guy! On 25 carries!

A Fantasy Football dream come true!! LOL!!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buckeyes win was sloppy but a win just the same. It will be interesting to see how far Mississippi State falls. They looked unimpressive except for their desperate comeback attempt. Florida State is not looking very good but they have another half to right the ship. They have done it before.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    I think Georgia might be the best team in the overrated SEC.

• Options

<< <i>the overrated SEC. >>

Hey, stop that, I'm not supposed to agree with a buckeye fan twice on the same day image
  • Options
    mikliamiklia Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭

<< <i>How about the Wisconsin running back!? 408 yards. WOW! >>

I venture that this might be the last week that he's known as 'the Wisconsin Running Back'. image 2015 shaping up to be a great RB rookie class for the NFL. too bad the badgers are two dumb 4th quarters away from the playoff hunt..
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>How about the Wisconsin running back!? 408 yards. WOW! >>

too bad the badgers are two dumb 4th quarters away from the playoff hunt.. >>

Its still a mystery why he hardly didn't play in the 2nd half against LSU after they were up 24-7.

• Options
    I am not surprised by the ASU loss. I thought they would lose next week to Wazzu but either way I didn't think they were very good. No shock there.

Florida State showed again they do just enough to win. I am not so sure they are one of the 4 best teams in the country but they are undefeated and the defending national champ so have to leave them in the top 4.

Ohio State could sneak into the playoff talk.

I think throwing the term "overrated" around is really overrated. image Seriously though any team can beat any team on any given Saturday. That's the beauty of it. However, you can rank the conferences and the SEC is the best. It's debatable if the ACC or Big 10 is the 4th or 5th. Also debatable if Pac 12 or Big 12 is 2nd or 3rd. However, each gradation between the conferences is slight. I have said all along Michigan State (although now need to substitute Ohio State) could beat the best SEC team. However, if they play 10 times the SEC best will probably win 6 or 7. Not 8 or 9. There just isn't that much of a difference.

As for the Heisman I think it's wide open. I have heard Mariota is in the lead but not sure he is that clearly above the competition. He's had a lot of injuries to contend with which makes his numbers more impressive though. Obviously Gordon is going to get some votes after that incredible performance and he should. He's been solid all year. It's not a year where the Heisman winner is so clear cut. There isn't a Reggie Bush, Archie Griffin, et al type. 5 or 6 guys could win it.

A few more weeks of fun to go....
  • Options
    Oh ya, one more thought. If the Pac 12 south winner (ASU, U of A, UCLA or U$C) beat Oregon in the Pac championship game that means a 2 loss team. I don't see how a 2 loss Pac 12 team goes to the playoffs. Opens up the playoffs for Ohio State, second SEC team, etc.... Not likely anybody in the Pac is beating Oregon but wouldn't be impossible as Oregon is not dominating this year as they have in past years.
  • Options
    New top 25 out.

AP Top 25
    RK TEAM RECORD PTS
    1 Florida State (43) 10-0 1476
    2 Alabama (16) 9-1 1439
    3 Oregon (1) 9-1 1385
    4 Mississippi State 9-1 1289
    5 TCU 9-1 1237
    6 Baylor 8-1 1232
    7 Ohio State 9-1 1167
    8 Ole Miss 8-2 1064
    9 Georgia 8-2 948
    10 Michigan State 8-2 941
    11 UCLA 8-2 876
    12 Kansas State 7-2 868
    13 Arizona State 8-2 720
    14 Wisconsin 8-2 707
    15 Arizona 8-2 695
    16 Auburn 7-3 531
    17 Georgia Tech 9-2 523
    18 Marshall 10-0 383
    19 Missouri 8-2 376
    20 Utah 7-3 349
    21 Nebraska 8-2 291
    22 Colorado State 9-1 281
    23 Oklahoma 7-3 206
    24 USC 7-3 195
    25 Duke 8-2 85
  • Options

<< <i>I am not surprised by the ASU loss. I thought they would lose next week to Wazzu but either way I didn't think they were very good. No shock there.

Florida State showed again they do just enough to win. I am not so sure they are one of the 4 best teams in the country but they are undefeated and the defending national champ so have to leave them in the top 4.

Ohio State could sneak into the playoff talk.

I think throwing the term "overrated" around is really overrated. image Seriously though any team can beat any team on any given Saturday. That's the beauty of it. However, you can rank the conferences and the SEC is the best. It's debatable if the ACC or Big 10 is the 4th or 5th. Also debatable if Pac 12 or Big 12 is 2nd or 3rd. However, each gradation between the conferences is slight. I have said all along Michigan State (although now need to substitute Ohio State) could beat the best SEC team. However, if they play 10 times the SEC best will probably win 6 or 7. Not 8 or 9. There just isn't that much of a difference.

As for the Heisman I think it's wide open. I have heard Mariota is in the lead but not sure he is that clearly above the competition. He's had a lot of injuries to contend with which makes his numbers more impressive though. Obviously Gordon is going to get some votes after that incredible performance and he should. He's been solid all year. It's not a year where the Heisman winner is so clear cut. There isn't a Reggie Bush, Archie Griffin, et al type. 5 or 6 guys could win it.

A few more weeks of fun to go.... >>

Right now I see no evidence that the pac 12 and big 12 is better than the Big ten.

• Options

<< <i>New top 25 out.

AP Top 25
    RK TEAM RECORD PTS
    1 Florida State (43) 10-0 1476
    2 Alabama (16) 9-1 1439
    3 Oregon (1) 9-1 1385
    4 Mississippi State 9-1 1289
    5 TCU 9-1 1237
    6 Baylor 8-1 1232
    7 Ohio State 9-1 1167
    8 Ole Miss 8-2 1064
    9 Georgia 8-2 948
    10 Michigan State 8-2 941
    11 UCLA 8-2 876
    12 Kansas State 7-2 868
    13 Arizona State 8-2 720
    14 Wisconsin 8-2 707
    15 Arizona 8-2 695
    16 Auburn 7-3 531
    17 Georgia Tech 9-2 523
    18 Marshall 10-0 383
    19 Missouri 8-2 376
    20 Utah 7-3 349
    21 Nebraska 8-2 291
    22 Colorado State 9-1 281
    23 Oklahoma 7-3 206
    24 USC 7-3 195
    25 Duke 8-2 85 >>

Big jump for Wisconsin. Northwestern knocked Notre Dame out of the top 25 lol. They were #15 last week.

• Options
    Garnettstyle,

Out of curiosity, do you honestly believe Ohio State will win the national title in football this year or do you just have the optimism and hope that they'll win every year until they are out like a "rabid fan", "alumni fever" or whatever you want to call it like I do for Notre Dame?

Just wondering.

Good luck to OSU. always fun to see rabid fans rewarded.

Personally I hope they get their reality check soon, and would be even better if it's written out by their friends the Wolverines, but if someone HAS to win the title this year, give me ANYONE but the SEC and that will make it a more successful college football season and will help erode slowly the WELL EARNED poll bias that the SEC gets these days.

Mike

• Options

<< <i>Garnettstyle,

Out of curiosity, do you honestly believe Ohio State will win the national title in football this year or do you just have the optimism and hope that they'll win every year until they are out like a "rabid fan", "alumni fever" or whatever you want to call it like I do for Notre Dame?

Just wondering.

Good luck to OSU. always fun to see rabid fans rewarded.

Personally I hope they get their reality check soon, and would be even better if it's written out by their friends the Wolverines, but if someone HAS to win the title this year, give me ANYONE but the SEC and that will make it a more successful college football season and will help erode slowly the WELL EARNED poll bias that the SEC gets these days.

Mike >>

Ohio State is a very young team, so the odds are against them winning it all this year. They will probably be a pre-season top 2 or 3 team next year. After they lost Braxton, I don't think anyone expected them to be doing this well. I would like to see a team from the Big ten win it or even the Pac 12 or Big 12. Of course ESECPN wouldn't like it much lol.

• Options

<< <i>

Ohio State is a very young team, so the odds are against them winning it all this year. They will probably be a pre-season top 2 or 3 team next year. After they lost Braxton, I don't think anyone expected them to be doing this well. I would like to see a team from the Big ten win it or even the Pac 12 or Big 12. Of course ESECPN wouldn't like it much lol. >>

Do you go to any of the games up there? That's one of the places I eventually hope to get around to going to watch a game. If I'm still alive, healthy, and financially able at the time, I'll be up there in 2022 visiting with the Irish at Columbus. Hopefully by then, my daughter won't feel she's too old to make a road trip with her dad image

• Options
    mrmint23mrmint23 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭
    Roll Tide..enough said!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Ohio State is a very young team, so the odds are against them winning it all this year. They will probably be a pre-season top 2 or 3 team next year. After they lost Braxton, I don't think anyone expected them to be doing this well. I would like to see a team from the Big ten win it or even the Pac 12 or Big 12. Of course ESECPN wouldn't like it much lol. >>

Do you go to any of the games up there? That's one of the places I eventually hope to get around to going to watch a game. If I'm still alive, healthy, and financially able at the time, I'll be up there in 2022 visiting with the Irish at Columbus. Hopefully by then, my daughter won't feel she's too old to make a road trip with her dad image >>

I might be going to the OSU - Michigan game.

• Options
    Latest playoff rankings out:

College Football Playoff Rankings
    RK TEAM RECORD
    1 Alabama 9-1
    2 Oregon 9-1
    3 Florida State 10-0
    4 Mississippi State 9-1
    5 TCU 9-1
    6 Ohio State 9-1
    7 Baylor 8-1
    8 Ole Miss 8-2
    9 UCLA 8-2
    10 Georgia 8-2

Coinkat and I were both correct that Alabama was #1. Not surprising as they are peeking at the right time.

I can't really argue with the top 4. It seems you would be splitting hairs between Mississippi State, TCU and Baylor with Ohio State right behind them. Having said that I would give the edge to TCU at 4 based on such a tough schedule (no SEC bias there).
  • Options

<< <i>Latest playoff rankings out:

College Football Playoff Rankings
    RK TEAM RECORD
    1 Alabama 9-1
    2 Oregon 9-14 Mississippi State 9-1
    5 TCU 9-1
    6 Ohio State 9-1
    7 Baylor 8-1
    8 Ole Miss 8-2
    9 UCLA 8-2
    3 Florida State 10-0

10 Georgia 8-2

Coinkat and I were both correct that Alabama was #1. Not surprising as they are peeking at the right time.

I can't really argue with the top 4. It seems you would be splitting hairs between Mississippi State, TCU and Baylor with Ohio State right behind them. Having said that I would give the edge to TCU at 4 based on such a tough schedule (no SEC bias there). >>

The ESPN people think if Ohio State wins out they will be in the top 4. They will jump TCU and Miss state because TCU and Miss state will not have that extra week/game to play on Dec 6th for the committee to watch. I also agree with both the ap and coaches polls that FSU should be number 1.

• Options

<< <i>The ESPN people think if Ohio State wins out they will be in the top 4. They will jump TCU and Miss state because TCU and Miss state will not have that extra week/game to play on Dec 6th for the committee to watch. I also agree with both the ap and coaches polls that FSU should be number 1. >>

Could happen. Would be a shame though since Ohio State has such a soft schedule. However, they don't ask for my vote. I can see TCU getting jumped since they don't play a ranked team. Plus, the committee has boxed themselves in on the Baylor v. TCU situation so I can see them wanting anybody else ahead of TCU and Baylor. However, I don't see Ohio State jumping Miss State if Miss State wins out. Since Ole Miss is top 10 that would be a better win than Ohio State beating Wisconsin in the Big 10 championship game. I thus don't see that Ohio State has quite enough to jump Miss State. Unless Ohio State dominates Wisconsin and Miss State barely beats Ole Miss. As for Florida State being #1 I think if you like taking last year into account I think they should be #1, as they have a very impressive win streak going, but this year they are not the best team; not even close from what I have seen. Well, lots of football to play still. I am focused on UCLA v. U$C this week!
  • Options

Could happen. Would be a shame though since Ohio State has such a soft schedule. ! >>

Nah, not really.

SOS according to sagarin

Miss state 32
    TCU 38
    Ohio State 47
    Florida state 51
    Baylor 55

• Options

• Options

<< <i>Could happen. Would be a shame though since Ohio State has such a soft schedule. ! >>

Nah, not really.

SOS according to sagarin

Miss state 32
    TCU 38
    Ohio State 47
    Florida state 51
    Baylor 55 >>

That's interesting. To me it is one more indication of the parity between the ACC and Big 10. The best of the ACC and the best of the Big 10 are neck in neck as I have been saying all along. They are two almost equal conferences. Although with Ohio State playing well I think the Big 10 is over-coming the ACC to a solid 4th place this year among the conferences. Will be interesting to see SOS after the rest of the games are played. Currently the Big 10 teams are all very low. Michigan State is 48, Nebraska is 60, Wiski is 65, etc.... Pretty much the top 10, by SOS, is the SEC. I don't love the SEC but I think they are pretty strong compared to the rest.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Could happen. Would be a shame though since Ohio State has such a soft schedule. ! >>

Nah, not really.

SOS according to sagarin

Miss state 32
    TCU 38
    Ohio State 47
    Florida state 51
    Baylor 55 >>

That's interesting. To me it is one more indication of the parity between the ACC and Big 10. The best of the ACC and the best of the Big 10 are neck in neck as I have been saying all along. They are two almost equal conferences. Although with Ohio State playing well I think the Big 10 is over-coming the ACC to a solid 4th place this year among the conferences. Will be interesting to see SOS after the rest of the games are played. Currently the Big 10 teams are all very low. Michigan State is 48, Nebraska is 60, Wiski is 65, etc.... Pretty much the top 10, by SOS, is the SEC. I don't love the SEC but I think they are pretty strong compared to the rest. >>

Parity runs across the board, not just the Big Ten and ACC. The Pac ten and Big 12 are not any better. SOS is overrated. SEC teams are given an unfair advantage in the pre-season by being overranked. Preseason had LSU, South Carolina, and Texas A@M all ranked. Teams that are highly ranked in the preseason can lose one or two games and still be in the top 10-15. Teams that are not highly ranked lose 1 or 2 and become unranked.

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,460 ✭✭✭✭✭