Home Sports Talk
Options

2014 SUPER BOWL CHAMP PATRIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,923 ✭✭✭✭
    I just hope the Patriots fans don't leave early (even if they are at this point up 38-7 with 15:31 to go) like the Seahawks ones did...
    WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,541 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please take Brady out BB!!!!!! Please!!!!!!!
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Please take Brady out BB!!!!!! Please!!!!!!! >>

Get all the 1st string guys out of the game. I don't understand why they do this its stupid. image
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bill does not like to pull his starters. Period. The year they went 18-1, he left Brady in during many a rout. But you can't argue with the results.

Congrats to the Pats!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Thanks Tim, your right about BB but seriously that last hit Brady took was terrifying!

Its irresponsible to leave guys in though no matter what BB's policy is, in fact its flat out STUPID.

Aside from that the Pats are AFC CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,737 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grats to the Pats.

Hopefully this year's AFC champ will make a better showing in the Superbowl than my favorite team did last year. I hope the Pats beat the Seahawks.
  • Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blount is a beast, like a bowling ball hitting pins and a spin move here n there. What's up with the NFL investigating the balls last night were under inflated?
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options

<< <i>Blount is a beast, like a bowling ball hitting pins and a spin move here n there. What's up with the NFL investigating the balls last night were under inflated? >>

I don't think you can blame the Colts sluggish performance on prostate issues image
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    Whats this BS about deflating footballs? Both teams play with the same balls and they are controlled by the NFL anyway.

Someone always trying to make the Patriots look like cheaters!
  • Options
    bxbbxb Posts: 805 ✭✭

<< <i>Whats this BS about deflating footballs? Both teams play with the same balls and they are controlled by the NFL anyway.

Someone always trying to make the Patriots look like cheaters! >>

Sore losers, looking for an excuse.
    Capecards
  • Options

<< <i>Whats this BS about deflating footballs? Both teams play with the same balls and they are controlled by the NFL anyway.

Link

Don't worry, the Pats have it all on tape, if the NFL needs documentation. image

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>

Link

Don't worry, the Pats have it all on tape, if the NFL needs documentation. image >>

or they could hire some Pets staff to look into it, they got absolutely nothing going on the next 2 weeks image
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,460 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the last two NE SB appearances, all of a sudden, they threw away the playbook that had brought them success in the regular season and the conference playoffs. I sure hope Bill doesn't do that again.
  • Options
    Just wanted to bring this thread back to the top in support of the Patriots

GO PATS!!! image
  • Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Bill does not like to pull his starters. Period. The year they went 18-1, he left Brady in during many a rout. But you can't argue with the results. >>

The way the game should be played!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Bill does not like to pull his starters. Period. The year they went 18-1, he left Brady in during many a rout. But you can't argue with the results. >>

The way the game should be played! >>

I thought you were ready to run him out of town?? LOL!

• Options
    Best of luck to my beloved Patriots today! Go Pats!!!image
  • Options
    Go Patriots, show all these haters how good you are.
  • Options
    Perk simply rooting for his team...pitboss still obsessed with the haters, lol..

• Options
    Well, we will soon know who wins.

Outback will give a free blooming onion to everybody on Monday no matter who wins.

Good deal!
  • Options
    I look forward to tuning in minutes before kickoff. All football then, as the (superfluous) hype will be over!
  • Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    Unbelievable game. Edge of seat the entire way. Hats off to the Pats.
  • Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    image PATRIOTS!!!!!

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

GrandAm image
    GrandAm :)
  • Options
    Congrats to the Pats!

Brady came up huge in the 4th quarter after a shaky first 3 quarters so got to give credit where credit is due.

Gronk was terrific, too.

• Options
    steel75steel75 Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭✭
    I bet the Packer fans have some closure now.
    1970's Steelers, Vintage Indians
  • Options
    OMG Im so freaking happy, thats all I can say right now.

imageimage
  • Options
    Man. How the hell am I ever going to be able to get up for work tomorrow.
  • Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭
    Brady probably deserved the MVP hardware but #21 was the real MVP. That was one of the most clutch defensive plays
    ever made. Even if he breaks the play up and the pass is incomplete the Seahawks (probably) still win.
    Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options
    AC000000AC000000 Posts: 251 ✭✭✭

<< <i>image PATRIOTS!!!!!

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

image >>

+1

• Options

<< <i>Perk simply rooting for his team...pitboss still obsessed with the haters, lol.. >>

To all the haters:image
  • Options
  • Options
    To all the great Patriots and their fans:image
  • Options
    any fan of football had to enjoy that game. The ending made it sweeter for some of us image
  • Options
    Pete Carroll expects fruit cakes and cards from y'all every Christmas now going forward.. image

• Options

<< <i>Brady probably deserved the MVP hardware but #21 was the real MVP. That was one of the most clutch defensive plays
    ever made. Even if he breaks the play up and the pass is incomplete the Seahawks (probably) still win. >>

Yup MVP should have gone to #21 . If they win in a normal game then fine give it to Brady but Butler made 2 good plays. After Kearse makes that astounding catch Butler recognizes that the play is still live and downs him . Then the pick after was the only way the Pats win. If the Pats lose Brady sure doesn't get it and without that pick its a loss.

• Options
    bxbbxb Posts: 805 ✭✭
    I was waiting for Al Michaels to say, "Do you believe in miracles?"

What a fantastic game.

As a Bills fan, I hope "Run the ball" will top "Wide right" in superbowl lore from now on.
    Capecards
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    Congrats to the Patriots fans. Great game.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Brady probably deserved the MVP hardware but #21 was the real MVP. That was one of the most clutch defensive plays
    ever made. Even if he breaks the play up and the pass is incomplete the Seahawks (probably) still win. >>

Yup MVP should have gone to #21 . If they win in a normal game then fine give it to Brady but Butler made 2 good plays. After Kearse makes that astounding catch Butler recognizes that the play is still live and downs him . Then the pick after was the only way the Pats win. If the Pats lose Brady sure doesn't get it and without that pick its a loss. >>

The knee jerk response would be to give Butler the MVP because of the miraculous save, but if the situation was reversed and Lynch pounded the ball in for a TD, would you give the MVP to Kearse for that miraculous catch?

I thought Brady won this first two SB MVPs by default, seeing as he is the QB and if there's no other clear choice, he gets the credit. In those games, there were many other standouts on both the Offensive and Defensive side.

Last night's game however, I thought Brady clearly deserved the credit. Those last two drives were incredible and under even heavier pressure than the first 3 QTRs. As much a fan as I am, I was not expecting him to play as well as he did. Brady was nearly perfect when it mattered the most and he utilized everyone, not just heavily relying on Gronk or last night's non-existing running game.
  • Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Despite the snow storm, its a great day for all New Englanders!!! Congrats Pats!!!
  • Options
    The funny thing about this is Tom Brady can finally get the monkey off his back, can you imagine that he is probably the only player in any sport ever with 3 Championships under his belt and needed a 4th to get a monkey of his back??
  • Options

<< <i>

Yup MVP should have gone to #21 . If they win in a normal game then fine give it to Brady but Butler made 2 good plays. After Kearse makes that astounding catch Butler recognizes that the play is still live and downs him . Then the pick after was the only way the Pats win. If the Pats lose Brady sure doesn't get it and without that pick its a loss. >>

my thoughts were that Edelman should have the MVP trophy. Nine catches, TD, 109 yards (IIRC). He didn't throw two interceptions either.
  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The funny thing about this is Tom Brady can finally get the monkey off his back, can you imagine that he is probably the only player in any sport ever with 3 Championships under his belt and needed a 4th to get a monkey of his back?? >>

Derek Jeter had a similar career. 4 rings early, and then 9 years until his next one.
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,055 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me, lost in all the shuffle, is the contribution of Edelman. He seemed to be there on clutch plays in advancing the ball as much as anyone else. So he gets some love. But in a game like this there are many choice standouts, so it's only fair to call it a team victory. Where I was some commented that NE did not win it as much as SEA lost it. Thats why sports in general are a matter of opinion, and arguements can always be made for both sides. All in all both teams provided a good game for all fans of football that they could enjoy. Can't believe the season went by so fast.
    Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I love it when the patriots take a beating. Brady must have had a fit after the game. >>

Nah he just caressed the 3 Super Bowl trophys he has, no big deal image >>

Excuse me, make that 4 Super Bowl trophies image
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,737 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All 6 of the Patriots SuperBowl appearances with Brady starting at QB were decided by 4 points or less.

With yesterday's win Brady and his Patriots teams are 4-2 in the SuperBowl.

Given the closeness of all 6 games, one play going the other way [like yesterday if New England had not intercepted Wilson with 20 seconds left] could have resulted in Brady and his 6 SuperBowl teams having a record of ranging from 0-6 to 6-0.

If the record was 6-0 then Brady would likely be unanimously acclaimed as the best QB that ever played professional football.

If the record was instead 0-6 many would probably lump Brady in with the likes of Fran Tarkenton and Jim Kelly as good quarterbacks who just did not have what it takes to be a Champion.

If New England has not intercepted Wilson yesterday Brady would be 3-3, having lost 3 in a row and probably criticized by many. Instead New England did make the interception and Brady is now 4-2 and lionized by many.

Fickle, fickle, fickle is the question of who the best is, isn't itimage

• Options
    thehallmarkthehallmark Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭
    So happy for Wilfork. That guy is criminally under-discussed over the last decade.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats Pats fans! It was a well deserved win. Coming back from 10 down in the Super Bowl really says something about the team.
  • Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭

<< <i>If New England has not intercepted Wilson yesterday Brady would be 3-3, having lost 3 in a row and probably criticized by many. >>

Is it not possible that NE could have still won without an interception? An offensive penalty for example could have pushed back Seattle 5 or 10 yards. Never a guaranteed score in football, ever.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>If New England has not intercepted Wilson yesterday Brady would be 3-3, having lost 3 in a row and probably criticized by many. >>

Is it not possible that NE could have still won without an interception? An offensive penalty for example could have pushed back Seattle 5 or 10 yards. Never a guaranteed score in football, ever. >>

This is about the only thing I agree with you on over the past 2 weeks.
  • Options