Home Sports Talk
Options

2014 SUPER BOWL CHAMP PATRIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,541 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It was a good run. Remember the old days? In case you forgot how bad they were, I suspect there will be a reminder soon. >>

Im not so sure about that, Garappolo will be good I believe, they just need a new owner and head coach....
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>It was a good run. Remember the old days? In case you forgot how bad they were, I suspect there will be a reminder soon. >>

Im not so sure about that, Garappolo will be good I believe, they just need a new owner and head coach.... >>

and an offensive line, and a defensive line

But we have special teams down! Love watching Slater cover kicks. He's awesome.
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,737 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can bear the deterioration of the Patriots without too much angst. They have been successful for a long, long time [though some may claim their success was not fairly obtained for various reasons].

Over the years it has always struck me that BB views speaking to the media to be as enjoyable as what Dustin Hoffman endured in the movie Marathon Man (having oral surgery performed on his teeth, without anesthesia, by evil Nazi concentration camp dentist Szell [Laurence Olivier]).

BB seems to not like the media or his obligation to speak to the media and as a result his press conferences are always the same. His disdain shows. His comments are short and bland. When the Patriots have great success BB almost sneers. Last night after his team got spanked by K.C. BB looked very uncomfortable speaking to the press. I bet some members of the press corp, including long time beat writers, were smiling inside [and maybe outside] at BB's discomfort.

If the Patriots continue to deteriorate, then maybe the owner will decide to make changes in the coaching staff and players, including Brady. He may end up following the footsteps of former NFL QB greats like Y.A. Tittle, Joe Namath, Joe Montana, Bret Favre and Peyton Manning and get out of N.E. while the getting is good and join another team that can better protect him and allow him a chance to flourish [and make mega bucks].
  • Options
    Just throwing this out there........

It is entirely possible that the Pats could still win the division and stomp through the playoffs enroute to winning the Super Bowl.

GO PATS!!! image
  • Options
    You know what, that is a possibility with the division they are in. Good luck. I hope not but good luck.
  • Options
    I want this guy back....

Its a shame this guy came along....

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did anyone hear Steve Young and dilfer going off on the Krafts on Monday night?

• Options

<< <i>Did anyone hear Steve Young and dilfer going off on the Krafts on Monday night? >>

I just read up on that, I didnt hear about and Im glad somebody is finally going on the air about it because its completely deserved!

I want Bob Kraft to realize he is one of the major reasons why the Pats have failed miserably in trying to get that 4th Super Bowl that all Pats fans want so bad and have been hoping for.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Did anyone hear Steve Young and dilfer going off on the Krafts on Monday night? >>

I just read up on that, I didnt hear about and Im glad somebody is finally going on the air about it because its completely deserved!

I want Bob Kraft to realize he is one of the major reasons why the Pats have failed miserably in trying to get that 4th Super Bowl that all Pats fans want so bad and have been hoping for. >>

I lost all respect for Kraft after his wife died. They made a huge deal out of mourning her passing and then viola he found a new girlfriend that was about 20 years old .

It seemed like the waiting period there was very precisely timed and the whole thing creeped me out . image
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And St. Bill let Welker go again because why??

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>And St. Bill let Welker go again because why?? >>

Because he is not as smart As he thinks and actually needs talented players to win although I'm not sure he has yet to realize that. Oh and Bob Kraft is cheap
  • Options

<< <i>And St. Bill let Welker go again because why?? >>

Welker showed signs of having a mind of his own . He wasn't properly assimilated . Anyone who speaks up is run out of town. Let him go and replace him with Danny boy , who was damaged goods and I think has caught 3 passes so far this year. For that matter , I don't think he is healthy , he can't possibly be this awful. I think his groin is still an issue and they are just leaving him out there anyway for some reason.

Last week they dress 3 wide receivers and 11-teen running backs and then don't run the ball????? image
  • Options
    just when you are certain the Pats are toast, they go take it to a "good team"

I gotta see it again before I believe it. How to keep up that level of motivation for another four months?
  • Options
    Impressive win. Showed a lot of character on their part to bounce back with such a strong effort.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>just when you are certain the Pats are toast, they go take it to a "good team"

I gotta see it again before I believe it. How to keep up that level of motivation for another four months? >>

Totally agree, this week was filled with turmoil filled stories about how awful the Pats are going to be and even as far as Brady might be arguing with coaching staff and wont finish his career in NE ect..ect..

WHATEVER! Me and everyone else thought the Pats were going to fold up like a lawnchair tonight, but the bottom line is all this talk this week could have been a ploy who the heck knows???

Am I happy they won-yes. Do I think we are a good football team going forward- No idea. Would I be suprised if we marched all the way to a Super Bowl victory-No Would I be suprised if we get beat down next week-no

I have no idea how the Pats are going to be going forward.

Either way.......GO PATS!!!
  • Options
    ChiefsFan1stChiefsFan1st Posts: 845 ✭✭✭
    That was the Pats we have become familiar with. They completely beat the poo outta the Bengalsimage
    I dont wanna grow up, Im a Toys-R-Us kid!
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    Class move by the Pat's cheerleaders wearing Devon Still jerseys. Very cool!

LINK
  • Options
    Looking good as we get by the Jill's Lafall with a nice td today it's nice to see Brady get the ball to him rather than Edelman and gronk
  • Options
    Looks like all is right in Bill's world right now..

• Options
    Ridley out for the season, no worries about him fumbling but its too bad he got hurt...
  • Options

<< <i>Ridley out for the season, no worries about him fumbling but its too bad he got hurt... >>

looks like Mayo gone for the year too. He played less than half a season last year too
  • Options
    The WR and TE drops have been disturbing so far
  • Options

<< <i>The WR and TE drops have been disturbing so far >>

Agreed.

All I can say is PHEW! Dropping a game to the PETS would have been tough to swallow, luckily we came out on top against a fired up and scrappy PETS team tonight!
  • Options
    Now THAT was a close one for Pats fans.
  • Options
    Not an impressive performance at home vs a decidedly inferior team. Luckily for Pats, they play in weakest division in football...but come playoff time??

• Options
    Dp

• Options

<< <i>Not an impressive performance at home vs a decidedly inferior team. Luckily for Pats, they play in weakest division in football...but come playoff time?? >>

I honestly dont think any of us Pats fans think we will get a Super Bowl Win this season
  • Options
    TennisCoachTennisCoach Posts: 302 ✭✭✭
    Well that's the crazy thing about football; just get into the post season and anything can happen. A defender slips, a big special teams play, a turnover, a ref calls a penalty that converts on 3rd down, a key player gets hurt; any of these things can change a game. Denver is the favorite but right now both the Colts and Chargers are playing well. Cincinnati has talent, the Ravens are physical and the Patriots have the best track record of success, so any of these teams have a punchers chance.

The NFC is the conference being turned on its head, the two most talented teams Seattle and the 49ers are not yet playing their best football. The eagles, cowboys, lions, and cardinals have been playing well but they have a history of losing momentum late in the season. The Bears, Packers, and Saints can all get on good runs but each team has some areas of concern. The NFC is going to get a lot of attention down the stretch as they finish the season with those division games.

Family, Neighborhood, Community,
    make the World a better place.

• Options
    I am happy that the Jets didn't have Percy Harvin last night. I think that would have helped put them on top
  • Options
    MikeyPMikeyP Posts: 990 ✭✭✭
    I am mostly happy with the fact that the New England Patriots appear to be clicking offensively through the air. image
    "Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood."
  • Options

<< <i>I am mostly happy with the fact that the New England Patriots appear to be clicking offensively through the air. image >>

I know we lost Mayo but geezuz I thought the Defense would be much better
  • Options
    Looking like Brady trusts Gronk again, oh and Lafell is a contributor. Are the Pats back???
  • Options
    Seems like years ago that people were questioning Bill and Brady and the Pats, LOL...I dare say they are back, Paul!

• Options
    MikeyPMikeyP Posts: 990 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Looking like Brady trusts Gronk again, oh and Lafell is a contributor. Are the Pats back??? >>

I certainly hope so. image

"Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood."
  • Options
    Well before we get too excited we got a tough stretch of games coming up notably the Broncos
  • Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    Today's Pats game was fun to watch
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    Great game but only saw part of it with the nascar race being on. Hard to turn away from a nascar race until the commercials come on.
  • Options
    The Broncos Patriots game next weekend should draw a large audience and hopefully will be very good (with a Denver win of courseimage).
  • Options

<< <i>The Broncos Patriots game next weekend should draw a large audience and hopefully will be very good (with a Denver win of courseimage). >>

of course? (NOT)
  • Options
    Im trying not to get too excited about this Denver game, even IF we squeek out a W against them its not a playoff game where it will matter. However that being said we need to beat a great team to even begin to think about the Old Pats coming around...
  • Options
    Tampa Bay is becoming the NE Patriots developmental team image
  • Options
    What a great game today. I even gave up watching Nascar for the day.
  • Options
    this is not the team that opened the season in Miami and slept through a MNF appearance. Rest up, more work ahead!
  • Options
    Hats off to the Patriots for today's victory. Denver laid an egg. Hopefully they will meet again in the playoffs.
  • Options
    WOW
  • Options
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,055 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could'nt believe the stadium/field was cleaned so well from the snow they showed on TV in the AM. Great game. Had the TVs stacked so could enjoy the game and the NASCAR race and the post race fireworks. It should be an interesting rest of season in the NFL/NASCAR. It seems when one team gets on a 2-3 game roll another team comes alive to stop that roll.
    Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    With Gronkowski back to his old self and Brady developing or should I say HAS great chemistry with Lafell I sincerely think we got a shot, up until the past few weeks it seemed like everytime Brady dropped back he would lock in on Edelman and try to force the ball his way regardless of coverage. If the defense can hold the Broncos then there is no reason why they cant do it to other teams.

The reality is that as good as this team can be there are still games that will probably leave us scratching our heads saying huh? There is still alot of football left, and Miami looks great so it should be interesting.
  • Options
    Hard to believe that Pats and Brady and Belichik were all but written off 6 weeks ago..

• Options

<< <i>Hard to believe that Pats and Brady and Belichik were all but written off 6 weeks ago.. >>

as were the Steelers. Seems both teams just needed a few weeks to warm up, to integrate new players, to really learn their respective systems. If the current trend continues, it's going to be a great playoff season in the AFC