Home Sports Talk
Options

2014 SUPER BOWL CHAMP PATRIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,460 ✭✭✭✭✭
    home field advantage for the AFC belongs to the Patriots. Sweet!
  • Options
    PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭
    You guys got this thing locked up.
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    I just hope they rest some of the players that are playing hurt this week instead of making them play when the game means nothing.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,545 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I just hope they rest some of the players that are playing hurt this week instead of making them play when the game means nothing. >>

Totally agree, Belichek is famous for keeping Brady and key players in meaningless games or late in 4th quarter in blowout games that the Pats are winning, and Im talking Brady doing QB sneaks for a 1st down or throwing downfield with a few minutes left with 30+ point leads. Remember Gronk getting hurt on an extra point attempt in a blowout Pats win a few years ago?

I think its good to get these guys reps and keep them sharp but no need to put out these guys for full game action.

Either way Im PUMPED and super excited for the playoffs!

GO PATS!!! image
  • Options
    bxbbxb Posts: 805 ✭✭
    Should get to the superbowl if they stay healthy.

Winning the superbowl will be another matter.
    Capecards
  • Options

<< <i>Should get to the superbowl if they stay healthy.

Winning the superbowl will be another matter. >>

Im not planning on that just yet, the Patriots have been great at losing big games since '07.

Even if they do make it to the Super Bowl I will still be stressing
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

The pats should start garapalo over brady , sit gronk, sit revis , sit wilfork and definitely edelman but they will all play I bet. Except edelman probably you can see how important he is to Brady. He has to be ready to go for the first playoff game.

I'm tired of the way they leave brady in when they are way ahead. Idiots image
  • Options
    Well I'm hearing that Brady will play the first half and Gronk with maybe play a few series. Let's hope we can get through this game without any injuries.
  • Options
    Nothing more than a preseason game today image
  • Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    Jeez, could they have made it more obvious that they just going through the motions yesterday. I haven't seen this much of a half-ass effort since that one game towards the end of 2006 where they were playing to lose.
  • Options
    The national media thought so too as I could not get the game even on the radio.
  • Options

<< <i>Jeez, could they have made it more obvious that they just going through the motions yesterday. I haven't seen this much of a half-ass effort since that one game towards the end of 2006 where they were playing to lose. >>

I totally disagree, why should they take a chance on getting hurt when the game meant absolutely nothing?

Im not being argumentive with you as I agree it stunk to watch it but really they had everything to lose if guys got hurt, I was actually impressed with BB because I thought he would do what he usually does and keep starters in.
  • Options

<< <i>The national media thought so too as I could not get the game even on the radio. >>

I listened to the radio broadcast via the internet, Patriots home station 98.5
  • Options
    Looks like the Ravens will be coming to Foxboro.
  • Options
    it always feels like a team EARNS it when they go through the Ravens. Should be a good game!
  • Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭
    Get ready for some smash mouth football .

Go RAVENS !!!!!!! --------- Sonny
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options

<< <i>Get ready for some smash mouth football .

Go RAVENS !!!!!!! --------- Sonny >>

Should be a tough game for the Pats.

May the better team win Sonny image
  • Options
    Its official.

Im STRESSING about this game!
  • Options

<< <i>Its official.

Im STRESSING about this game! >>

what is there to stress about? You don't have to block Suggs, knock down passes from Flacco, or try to tackle Jones on a kick return. Coaches should be stressing -- they have to prepare players for every contingency. Fans' job is easy!

If you are reading what sports "reporters" are writing and worried about the outcome, I recommend stop reading those stories. Amazing how one-sided the stories are. I had no idea about the love affair with Joe Flacco and the media.
  • Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paul...not to worry...Tom at home...you got the Perkies...get some chili and brewskies...all is well my friend.

Enjoy the game...and the Green Bay stomp of Dallas (I hope) image

Al
  • Options

<< <i>Paul...not to worry...Tom at home...you got the Perkies...get some chili and brewskies...all is well my friend.

Enjoy the game...and the Green Bay stomp of Dallas (I hope) image

Al >>

Thanks Al! You enoy the game too my friend image
  • Options
    BIG DAY TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!

LETS GO PATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options

<< <i>BIG DAY TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!

LETS GO RAVENS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

image >>

Sorry , just fixed your statement .

I hope its a good game , with good refs and no new rules during the game .-------- Sonny
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options
    HaHa Sonny, you did my post dirty! image

Definately lets hope that the game is decided on the field by both teams and not the Refs!

• Options

<< <i>HaHa Sonny, you did my post dirty! image

Definately lets hope that the game is decided on the field by both teams and not the Refs!

image >>

+1
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,737 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ravens dominating TOP and are up two touchdowns so far in the 1st Quarter.

Just looked and the score and saw that the Ravens scored a second TD and that the NE offense has been on the field less than 2 minutes.

Interesting.
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    gronkcrack.
  • Options
    Tough game so far .

Go Ravens !!!! ------ Sonny
  • Options
    Half time .

I like it so far , but a LOT of game to play .

Go Ravens !!!! ------ Sonny
  • Options
    All tied up , again .

Great game .

GO RAVENS !!! ---- Sonny
  • Options
    2 minute warning , what a great game !!!! ---- Sonny
  • Options
    Great game by the Patriots !!!!

Good luck going forward .---- Sonny
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,749 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joe is now 5-1 in playoff games. That was a great half back pass.image
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,737 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grats to the Pats.
  • Options
    Talk about a tough game, Im emotionally drained after watching that.

Thanks guys for being good sports and great game all around from the Ravens. image
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,749 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to listen to Kevin Harlan doing the play-by-play on that one.
  • Options

It was very intense and scary no matter who you were rooting for . The beginning of game 2 brought my pulse rate down to about 4 beats per minute though it started so dismal .

• Options
    I got to watch the first three quarters of the game "live" before I had to take a trip to the airport to pick up Mrs. BD. WOW! It was the best three quarters of a game I can remember seeing in forever. I hated to DVR and then leave, but it's a 75 minute ride to the airport each way...so I just had to go. Just finished watching the fourth quarter...ending with a Hail Mary, yikes! Offenses played great, defenses got picked apart most of the day, but each came up with key stops at important times. Fourth quarter was fitting end to a top quality playoff football game. Had my team lost, I still would be saying what a great game it was. Of course, I hope the next game is so boring because the Patriots score 62 points and the defense pitches a shutout... image
  • Options
    thehallmarkthehallmark Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭
    Holy hell, what a game! Can't think of a better example of the B&B connection being more in-synch, using the perfect 2nd half gameplan to outscheme an opponent. Ravens did not have the personnel to defend the short route, quick-fire passing game and Brady executed that about as well as can be expected. Pats defense also made some nice tweaks with linebacker penetration to stifle the Ravens running attack.

Ravens performed admirably, but Pats in-game adjustments were far stronger. Good luck, Pats fans! image
  • Options
    seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    Looks like some rule changes next year due to pats taking advantage of a loophole in the rules.
    "if you ain't cheating you ain't trying" image

But, wow, what a game!!
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • Options
    I legitimately could not even gather my thoughts after that game last night because I was mentaly fried, now that I have been able to gather my thoughts and look back at the action I must say it was one of the best games Ive seen in a long time.

The Pats could not stop Forsett until late in the game- Arrington made a couple of HUGE plays sacrificing himself to stop the runner at key times
    Flacco was masterful to start but those chuck it up and hope for a catch or DPI finally caught up with him.
    I think the Ravens won the penalty game and got more calls there way but not enough to remotely ruin the game
    Brady overeacted in a big way when he said he got kicked and jumped in the refs face

I feel very lucky that the Pats won this game, I think if they played this 10 more times it would be probably 50/50 for both teams, these Ravens remind me of the Giants and I dont ever feel confident facing them.

See ya at the Pro Bowl Suggs, to every other Ravens player/fan GREAT GAME image
  • Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really a great game...the Pats just about handed it over with poor clock management at the end. Why not run one or two very safe running plays to really eat the clock. I thought the knee thing was really poorly planned. The Hail Mary could have gone the other way very easily...what a horror that would have been with no time left !! Gotta hand it to the Ravens and Flacco...great team and superb qb. He made one bad toss that the Pats were very, VERY fortunate to intercept. Game could have gone either way...luckily it went the Pats way.

Well, the good news is the Pats have beaten both the Colts and Broncos by 22 points earlier this season. Peyton is always tough to beat, but Tom Terrific in Foxborough is up to the task.

Seattle - Pats in the big game.

Hey Paul, I hope the Perkies kept you warm...was wondering, was it the game or the Perkies that had you so "drained"? image

• Options
    Colts coming to Foxboro next week.

Manning going home!

Will it be for good?
  • Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,923 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if I ever mentioned this but ever since me and my Bostonian wife got married in 2005, we always have ourselves a Super Bowl party whenever her Patriots make the Super Bowl (sadly for her they just missed last year). Thing is though, they won three big silver trophies out of four years before we got married (2001, 2003, 2004) but since we got hitched they haven't gotten another one since...including 2007 where they let an undefeated season go to waste! I sure hope my Cats don't end up doing that this year!

I hope this doesn't mean I'm a jinx or something. image Then again she's very much Red Sox first and they won three out of the last ten years so...
    WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options
    Sounds like you found a pretty good wife to me.

I too am Red Sox first but still love the Patriots as i grew up in Walpole just a couple of miles from Foxboro raceway which turned into the Patriots home.
  • Options

<< <i>Sounds like you found a pretty good wife to me.

I too am Red Sox first but still love the Patriots as i grew up in Walpole just a couple of miles from Foxboro raceway which turned into the Patriots home. >>

I actually lived in Walpole on Jean road but moved away at age 4. Possibly because my brother the pyro may have started a few firesimage That was 1971 .

• Options
    I moved away from Walpole in 1970. I lived on Washington street in So Walpole.
  • Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,923 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Sounds like you found a pretty good wife to me.

I too am Red Sox first but still love the Patriots as i grew up in Walpole just a couple of miles from Foxboro raceway which turned into the Patriots home. >>

Ain't she though? She's even gotten to like UK basketball now, even though at first she just saw the sport as just a bunch of men running around back and forth and back and forth...hee hee Plus *my best friend sleeping in front of me purring as I'm typing this* she even caused me to love the other kind of cats too! image Man's REAL best friend you see. image
    WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options
    Stressssssssssssssss
  • Options

Really impressed with blunt today just pounding ahead getting some nice second effort runs image