Home Sports Talk
Options

2014 SUPER BOWL CHAMP PATRIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,541 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Hard to believe that Pats and Brady and Belichik were all but written off 6 weeks ago.. >>

as were the Steelers. Seems both teams just needed a few weeks to warm up, to integrate new players, to really learn their respective systems. If the current trend continues, it's going to be a great playoff season in the AFC >>

Totally agree about the Steelers! Big Ben is throwing TD passes like a drunk guy throwing dollar bills at a strip club
  • Options

<< <i>I love it when the patriots take a beating. Brady must have had a fit after the game. >>

And Why havnt you posted recently? image
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Hard to believe that Pats and Brady and Belichik were all but written off 6 weeks ago.. >>

as were the Steelers. Seems both teams just needed a few weeks to warm up, to integrate new players, to really learn their respective systems. If the current trend continues, it's going to be a great playoff season in the AFC >>

Totally agree about the Steelers! Big Ben is throwing TD passes like a drunk guy throwing dollar bills at a strip club >>

rather appropriate simile for Ben
  • Options
    despite Brady not having his best day (a couple of stupid throws), the Patriots dominate the Colts. Sweet
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    Gray with 199 yards rushing and 4 touchdowns.

Quite a performance.
  • Options
    ChiefsFan1stChiefsFan1st Posts: 845 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Gray with 199 yards rushing and 4 touchdowns.

Quite a performance. >>

Yea, 199 is killerimage

The Pats are making quite an argument for best in the AFC!
    I dont wanna grow up, Im a Toys-R-Us kid!
  • Options
    Well the Pats sure didnt come out flat after their bye week, I was expecting a tougher game and Brady needing to air it out all game, I dont think anyone saw Gray having the game he did.

Im getting really optimistic about this teams chances image

GO PATS!!! image
  • Options
    remember how it was a disappointment that the Patriots could not retain LeGarrette Blount after last season? He signed as a FA with Steelers...well today the Steelers released him (for being a whiner).

Belichick must have figured something out that the Steelers didn't
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like the Pats are the "best" team in the AFC now. Seems like yesterday it was Denver. Over in the NFC it was Dallas and Phil. Now GB,AZ. have the hot hands. Seems every 2-3 weeks the hot teams are flip/flopping to a new "best" team. Wonder how long the Cardinals can go on. Really hard to key in on 2 teams for the SB right now. Overall a good season so far.
    Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options

<< <i>remember how it was a disappointment that the Patriots could not retain LeGarrette Blount after last season? He signed as a FA with Steelers...well today the Steelers released him (for being a whiner).

Belichick must have figured something out that the Steelers didn't >>

I guess the new trend in the NFL is to just be a whine bag if you dont get put in a game, a 49'er player actually took himself out of the game this past Sunday and took his uniform off over losing his starting job to Aldon Smiths return.

He will get picked up by someone regardless..
  • Options

<< <i>Looks like the Pats are the "best" team in the AFC now. Seems like yesterday it was Denver. Over in the NFC it was Dallas and Phil. Now GB,AZ. have the hot hands. Seems every 2-3 weeks the hot teams are flip/flopping to a new "best" team. Wonder how long the Cardinals can go on. Really hard to key in on 2 teams for the SB right now. Overall a good season so far. >>

Id have to say Green Bay is mimicking Denver ( Last years squad ) They are putting up points like a pinball machine!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Looks like the Pats are the "best" team in the AFC now. Seems like yesterday it was Denver. Over in the NFC it was Dallas and Phil. Now GB,AZ. have the hot hands. Seems every 2-3 weeks the hot teams are flip/flopping to a new "best" team. Wonder how long the Cardinals can go on. Really hard to key in on 2 teams for the SB right now. Overall a good season so far. >>

Id have to say Green Bay is mimicking Denver ( Last years squad ) They are putting up points like a pinball machine! >>

and defense wins the SB (last year's Seahawks against Denver, among many examples)
  • Options

<< <i>remember how it was a disappointment that the Patriots could not retain LeGarrette Blount after last season? He signed as a FA with Steelers...well today the Steelers released him (for being a whiner).

so maybe, just maybe (or not), Belichick and Blount planned the whole thing...

NE gets Blount back at the league minimum now! I am sure he will have a tighter leash than ever
  • Options

<< <i>

so maybe, just maybe (or not), Belichick and Blount planned the whole thing...

NE gets Blount back at the league minimum now! I am sure he will have a tighter leash than ever >>

This was a great signing for them, Blount gives them a true goaline short yardage back to hopefully compliment Gray ( If he can be a 3 down back ) With the passing scheme going back to its old form and now potentially a solid ground game this team just needs the defense to play up to its expectations and we could HOPEFULLY have another winner here in NE
  • Options
    I expect a tough game against this Detroit defense.
  • Options
    Only an hour away. Should be a good game. Glad it's on tv here in Albuquerque.
  • Options
    Blount already making his presence known image
  • Options
    Brady looks great today. MVP candidate no question.
  • Options
    Tim Wright with a pair of TD catches, I love how lately its been a different guy making big plays each week.
  • Options
    Great beat down of the Lions today image
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Tim Wright with a pair of TD catches, I love how lately its been a different guy making big plays each week. >>

Looks like the Mankin trade was a good one after all..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Tim Wright with a pair of TD catches, I love how lately its been a different guy making big plays each week. >>

Looks like the Mankin trade was a good one after all.. >>

Talk radio was in FLAMES over that for 4 weeks at least. image
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Next weeks matchup will be the Super Bowl for me. GB vs. NE.
    Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options

<< <i>

Looks like the Mankin trade was a good one after all.. >>

heard around Boston: "Logan who"?
  • Options
    ChiefsFan1stChiefsFan1st Posts: 845 ✭✭✭
    The Pats played a helluva game todayimage

Its hard to argue that they are the hottest team in the AFC right now
    I dont wanna grow up, Im a Toys-R-Us kid!
  • Options
    Yep totally forgot about Mankins, Pats are looking great but there is alot of football left!

• Options

The lions coaching really sucked in that game. They wasted a timeout in the 4th quarter when they were like 4th and 14 and after calling the timeout they they decided to kick a field goal ????????

If they were going to kick then they didn't need to take a timeout it should have been automatic. What they needed to do there was go for it am I right? 3 points was mehhh at that point.

So whatever but then after getting a stop on the pats they get a 4th and 10 and then decided to go for it? image And then stafford could have picked up the 1st down if he ran hard out to the side but he slides and comes up short.

Totally braindead

• Options
    Are we ready for some real football Sunday after those teasers on thursday?
  • Options
    I'm ready
  • Options
    This Green Bay game is without question the Patriots biggest game so far, bigger than the Denver game because its in hostile territory and I feel Green Bay is the most dangerous team out there.
  • Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    I think all those stupid penalties the Pats gave up in the 1st half really made the difference in this one.
  • Options
    the final score did not reflect how the Patriots were dominated for most of the game.
  • Options
    Good Game, I knew it was going to be tough in Lambeau.

Green Bay played well and the Pats not so much image
  • Options

I thought they were sort of flat. The penalties didn't help but the defense played tough in spite of them and kept it within reach.

Gronk had some tough yards after catch type plays where he just did not want to go down. Nice to see him healthy and playing that way again .
  • Options
    Actually maybe this loss was a good thing, there have been rumblings of the Pats not losing another game and being serious contenders as the team to beat so maybe this will ground all that talk for a bit and make this team work that much harder.

Blount looked good, I wonder how much longer Belichek is going to punish Gray for being late a few weeks ago image ( Maybe he is keeping him fresh? )
  • Options
    In a cat fight with these Chargers
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,737 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am torn. I want SD to win so denver takes back the top seed. However I want NE to win to give denver a 2 game lead in the AFC West.

It is a quandry.
  • Options

<< <i>I am torn. I want SD to win so denver takes back the top seed. However I want NE to win to give denver a 2 game lead in the AFC West.

It is a quandry. >>

I want NE to win image
  • Options
    I love how the defense stepped up in this game, good road win.
  • Options

<< <i>I love how the defense stepped up in this game, good road win. >>

penalties galore (some undeserved, but still...), sometimes sluggish performance on offense, but they did what it took to win on the road. At this stage of the season, a W is a W and nothing else matters. Locking up home field has to be the priority. I like their chances to win the AFC if they get home field. Rest of the schedule will not be easy though. Resurgence in the division will present a challenge.
  • Options
    Tough game but we came away with the win. Sure was exciting!
  • Options
    Patriots SMASHING Miami.

Nuff said image
  • Options
    Patriots SMASHING Miami and winning the AFC East

Nuff said image
  • Options
    different team in the second half!
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Pats are looking good that's for sure!
  • Options
    Let's hope for a beatdown of the Pets today!
  • Options
    how does BB deal with Solder's inability in the playoffs?
  • Options
    A W is a win no matter how it is accomplished.
  • Options
    a close call against the Jets is a good wake up for the coaches and the players that they have some stuff to work on.
  • Options
    It was so fitting that the Jets have a FG blocked paid back to them after that BS FG call that was called back due to some imaginary penalty that was called on the Pats a few years ago image

We played bad but got the W and clinched a 1st round bye image

GO PATS!!! image