Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

jmaciu's Reds' Unopened Pack and Baseball Card Thread - Post your Reds stuff here too.

Comments

• Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 75 Rose is a definite WOW!!! card. About as good as it gets. Some really nice pickups lately. Love that Bench signature card. I need to get an autographed card of JB at some point. Some really nice pickups out there. Speaking of Pete picked this one up along with a very nice looking Tony Perez. I haven't received the Perez yet so I captured the image from Ebay.
    imageimage
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hiya John

The 75T Rose is a beauty - very nice pickup!

Al Simmons played 9 games in the 1939 season with Cincy. Just an excuse to put post this cigar box - baseball related tobacco items are a favorite of mine.

Mike
  • Options
    Page finally jumped - I have mine set at 100 and with only 99 posts - there was no number to the right to change till now.
    Mike
  • Options

Not a well centered card but on my list of favorites from the 66T set.
    Mike
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just picked this one up..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Very nice addition to your collection Tim.

Mike
  • Options
    Thanks, Mike!

Here's another pack from the Reds dugout~self-submitted this one to PSA a few years ago.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    tsalems1tsalems1 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Hiya John

Al Simmons played 9 games in the 1939 season with Cincy. Just an excuse to put post this cigar box - baseball related tobacco items are a favorite of mine.

image >>

That's a nice piece!
    www.OPCBASEBALL.com

Email: OPCBASEBALL@YAHOO.COM

Follow OPCBASEBALL.COM on Facebook
  • Options
    Thanx Tom.
    Mike
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Hiya John

image >>

That's a nice piece! >>

+1

Love the patina on that piece~the history and the authenticity is palpable!

• Options
    One last Rose pack to complete the triptych. image

• Options
    Lots of great stuff guys! John is one of the truly great dudes on these boards, so it puts a smile on my face to see his thread getting so much love.

JBRules: are you working on a 68 Topps Reds team set on the registry? You should!
  • Options
    jmaciujmaciu Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭
    JB, your 68 cards are awesome.
    Tim, your Rose cellos are tremendous.
    Mike, the cigar box is amazing. Great piece. Also, thanks for getting the page to jump!

Thanks to everyone for the complements in the 75 Rose. It is a cornerstone of my collection.
  • Options

<< <i>Lots of great stuff guys! John is one of the truly great dudes on these boards, so it puts a smile on my face to see his thread getting so much love.

JBRules: are you working on a 68 Topps Reds team set on the registry? You should! >>

Dan, I had not even considered working on a 68 reds registry set but now that you mention it I might looked into it.
    That Simmons cigar box is way cool and the cellos are making me want to jump in a purchase a few. So many things I would like to do and so little money to do them all at once. Love this thread!!!
  • Options
    Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great stuff everyone!

Tim you are killing me on the 80 Rose pack!
    Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • Options
    Picked up a couple of 79 JB's for my Bench collection. Very happy to find both of these nicely centered.

imageimage
  • Options
    pjb103183pjb103183 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭
    Sweet 79 opc bench!
  • Options
    baz518baz518 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭
    Those are some beautiful 79s!
  • Options
    Sweet Benches! John, how about you? Got anything new?
  • Options
    jmoran19jmoran19 Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Just picked this one up..

image >>

Nice Tim and have you ever noticed that for 1979 cellos either Rose, Seaver, Carlton or Carew are on top about 98% of the time

Current obsession, all things Topps 1969 - 1972

• Options
    The 79 Bench's look awesome. The centering is very eye-appealing!

Dan, I do have a few nice additions to post in the thread. Hopefully, I can update things shortly.
  • Options
    Here are my latest additions to my Reds collection. I am a vintage collector, but I have become a fan of the Topps Heritage and Archives issues because of their retro designs. Here are some certified auto cards from those issues:

Next, I added a trio of Gem 1980's:

Finally, I picked up my first graded 1950's Reds card. This Frank Robinson is one my favorites of his cards and is very nice for the grade:

Thanks for looking.
  • Options
    That Robinson is great! Love the autos too.
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love the Eric Davis auto and Foster looks mean on that 80T! Hoping to have a nice Reds addition myself soon.
  • Options
    yankeesmanyankeesman Posts: 945 ✭✭✭✭
    LOVE the 59 Robinson. Great card.
    Don Mattingly, Yogi Berra, Thurman Munson, Brian McCann and Topps Rookie Cup autograph collector
    www.questfortherookiecup.com
  • Options
    Those are some sweet looking autos with the Reds and that Foster PSA 10 is spot on. That 59 Robinson is one of my favorite cards of him and looks great for a 6. Very nice additions.
  • Options
    A couple of my favorite Reds cards: one vintage, one modern.

df

Dave Fanning
    dfanredsfan
  • Options
    Very nice John.

I like the Robinson card! Sweet.
    Mike
  • Options
    Dave

That Dummy Hoy card is superb!

Do you know the story behind Dummy Hoy and how he affected the game?
    Mike
  • Options
    The 1976 Gem Bench is a beauty!
  • Options

<< <i>The 1976 Gem Bench is a beauty! >>

+1 Wow!!!!!
  • Options
    Thanks, guys! (Sorry for delayed response, I wasn't getting these emails for some reason.) There seems to be some disagreement about the extent to which Dummy Hoy influenced the development of umpires' signals, but he was a heck of a player and the Reds were lucky to have him. And, yeah, the gem Bench card is probably my favorite modern card in my collection. Appreciate the kind remarks.

David

Dave Fanning
    dfanredsfan
  • Options
    Here are this week's additions to my Reds collection:

• Options
    Sweet gems!
  • Options
    Hiya John

Those are gems. Great centering.
    Mike
  • Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    Nice thread. Normally, I wouldn't be too much into Reds stuff, but I found out that a buddy of mine from high school was traded a few years ago to the Reds (Sean Marshall). I'm thinking about starting a registry set of him and Denny Hamlin (who also went to school with us). I'll make sure to post his Reds stuff when I pick some up image
  • Options

<< <i>Here are this week's additions to my Reds collection: >>

Nice pair of dimes, congrats!
  • Options
    flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    here ya go--few more tomorrow

interesting on the Remy card next to Joe Morgan. Do you know that his son pled guilty to murdering his girlfriend last year?

• Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

<< <i>here ya go--few more tomorrow

interesting on the Remy card next to Joe Morgan. Do you know that his son pled guilty to murdering his girlfriend last year?

image >>

Beautiful racks Manny!!! image
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    Geez I agree Mike - incredible!

Happy Easter everyone!

Mike
  • Options
    Thanks guys.

Manny, those racks are awesome.

Patrick, I am glad you enjoy this thread. I really hope Marshall can bounce back from shoulder injuries at some point. He was one of the best set-up men in baseball a few years ago.
  • Options
    Great additions, both John and Manny!

Here's another Reds rack special (series 3/4 with Boog on back):

• Options
    Pulled from a mini wax pack several years ago, a pop 4..

• Options
    Two very nice racks you scored on. Congrats. I just love that Morgan card.
  • Options
    I really hate saying 'nice racks' without posting pics that could potentially get me banned, but nice racks image

grote, are those loader marks on the cards in the first and last cells of the Bench rack? Sweet one, regardless.
  • Options

<< <i>I really hate saying 'nice racks' without posting pics that could potentially get me banned, but nice racks image

grote, are those loader marks on the cards in the first and last cells of the Bench rack? Sweet one, regardless. >>

Thanks~yes loader marks. They are fairly common in racks from this era and affect the top card when the machine "catches" the last card before sealing the cell. In many cases, it also correlates with an extra card in that particular section.

• Options
    Nice rack and dime Tim!! That rack needs to find its wat to the Midwest!image
  • Options
    tsalems1tsalems1 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭
    Some great stuff in this thread!
    www.OPCBASEBALL.com

Email: OPCBASEBALL@YAHOO.COM

Follow OPCBASEBALL.COM on Facebook
  • Options
  • Options
    cincyredlegscincyredlegs Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Great additions, both John and Manny!

Here's another Reds rack special (series 3/4 with Boog on back):

image >>

I REALLY HATE YOU TIM!!!!!!!! image

Someday that will reside in SC with me.

Mark
    Project:

T206 Set - 300/524