Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Official 2014 BBCE PSA Group Break #2....WE ARE SOLD OUT. TIME TO PAY!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    LakersFANLakersFAN Posts: 288 ✭✭
    Just got mine in the Mail ! im on the West Coast in Oregon , so all the fellas out on the Left coast who are waiting , they may show up for you also , Thanks to to the BBCE Crew for another solid product and thanks to Mark for putting this together , now do i rip or keep sealed!!??image

image[/URL]

• Options
    Paid!
    Mpminnium
  • Options
    sportscardstopsportscardstop Posts: 526 ✭✭✭
    Bad news for me. Good news for everyone else.

No stars in any of my packs except a 1986 Topps Elway with Gum on it. Basically threw away $190. But that's the risk you take.

Did the following
    2-1986 FB
    2-1993 sp
    1 1978 FB
    1 1979 baseball
  • Options
    JustinsShoeboxJustinsShoebox Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭
    Just got word that my box arrived today. It's at my mailbox. I'll pick it up on Monday, according to the wife. image

Justin
  • Options
    dtsadtsa Posts: 235 ✭✭
    Mine arrived yesterday. Haven't opened the box for fear of what I'm going to do.
  • Options
    DodgerfanjohnDodgerfanjohn Posts: 490 ✭✭✭
    Arrived Friday.

I'm in awe of how nice the 1978 and 1979 cello packs are. Just about perfect. The 1980's not so much. But thats the price you pay for looser wrapping...keeps the cards more likely intact as they were from the factory, but more gum dust and a less physically attractive pack. Marginal star power on the 1978 pack with Parker on back....

• Options
    Ripped 'em yesterday. Disappointed not to get any of the big RCs, but not surprised given the odds. Not much at all in the two 89 UD packs. Lots of star power in the four 83 Fleer packs. I wasn't going to sub any of these, so not concerned with centering, just happy with sharp corners and clean edges. Here are some of the "highlights," if you can call them that

I like that I got both halves of "speed & power"

The MacFarlane is only noteworthy because it's his RC.
  • Options
    Got into the office this morning and had my package sitting on the desk. Must have come in late Friday after I left work. I will go through it at lunch and post pics of anything good tonight when I get home
  • Options
    Hello All -
    Just discovered this forum and the concept of group break/rips - awesome! Is there an emailing list to get on to be notified of the next or just keep an eye on the boards?

THANKS
  • Options
    MisterBungleMisterBungle Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭

The UPS man just handed me my box from BBCE. I didn't get
    too much this time, just 4 cellos and 4 racks so I knew my odds
    weren't too strong for star power showing. I don't rip anything
    so they will just go into the accumulation.

Since I like to see pictures of what everyone else got, here are
    the scans of my little haul. The two '81 cello backs that you can't
    make out the names on are, Pedro Guerrero and Brian Downing.

John

~

"America suffers today from too much pluribus and not enough unum.".....Arthur Schlesinger Jr.

• Options
    DavisDavis Posts: 705 ✭✭
    Box arrived today. I don't think my last post showed up. Doing some ripping during lunch. Doing some ripping.

1983 fleer baseball - nothing notable
    1983 fleer baseball - nothing notable
    1989 score football - Steve Atw ater rookie
    1982 topps baseball - Reggie Jackson and Ricky Henderson
    More to follow
  • Options
    Ok, got my box and all is ripped.

I will scan and post images after my next conference call, but this is basically what came out:

1986 Football: 1 x Steve Young (this came out of a wax pack, the other wax pack and Cellos yielded nothing of note). It has the normal centering issues as well as some lightly touched corners and some fisheyes. There was also a bad looking Andre Reed.
    1980 Baseball: 2 x Mike Schmidt, 2 x Rod Carew, 1 x Dennis Eckersley, 1 x Paul Molitor, 1 x Willie Stargell and 1 x Nolan Ryan. Super Cellos had the Schmidt, Eck and Carew cards. Molitor, Stargell and Ryan were from wax packs. One of the Schmidt's looks good and one Carew looks good, but possibly a little low. The Ryan looks great other than it's a tad to the right. Other than that, I like it a lot - has excellent color, edges and corners.

The 1980 Baseball had other nicely centered commons. I did get another nice 1980 Dwight Evans. My last 10 sold for 377.00. The better commons came from the Super Cellos.

The 1986 Football was rough as usual on the rest of the cards. That's fine, though, I need to complete my raw set and found a few I still needed.

One of the best parts of this was the smell from the 1980 super gum. Lots of memories surface sometimes from just a small thing like that.

Justin
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Ok, got my box and all is ripped. >>

Well, I see that you got your stuff from JustinsMailbox. image

That didn't take long, LOL.
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    DavisDavis Posts: 705 ✭✭
    Just had a major rip session during lunch...ripped a bunch of stuff. I'm going to have to spend time and go back through everything in more detail as I was flipping through everything pretty quick, looking for the home run cards. I decided that if the cello's didn't have any star-power showing, they were getting ripped.

I did a ton of ripping...man that's fun. I did hit 1 real nice (especially for me b/c I primarily collect HOF RC's):

What do you guys think about the centering and grading prospects?

Also, I had a really cool 1986 cello rip loaded with star power in 1 pack: Bruce Smith RC, Boomer Esiason RC, Joe Montana, Joe Montana LL, and gum-stained John Elway. Of course I need to go back and look closer at the centering on these as it's wildly inconsistent.
  • Options
    lightningboylightningboy Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭
    Anyone receive a UPS box on the West Coast? Still hoping it comes tonight in California.

Nice Campbell by the way. solid 8 with a possible 9 on the horizon.
  • Options

<< <i>Anyone receive a UPS box on the West Coast? Still hoping it comes tonight in California.

Nice Campbell by the way. solid 8 with a possible 9 on the horizon. >>

I'm on the West Coast and the package has been at the mailbox since Saturday.

You should have yours soon!

Justin
  • Options
    shu4040shu4040 Posts: 982 ✭✭✭
    awesome earl campbell! probably an 8, but a shot at a 9? what's with the bottom right corner?

regardless, such a great card.
  • Options
    MiniDuffMiniDuff Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭
    Only bought a pair of 81 bb this time around. Opened one, centering was poor and the top left corner was dinged on all, including the laimbeer rookie pull. The other pack will remain sealed...
    1975 Mini Collector
    ebay id Duffs_Dugout
    My Ebay Auctions
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Ok, got my box and all is ripped. >>

Well, I see that you got your stuff from JustinsMailbox. image

That didn't take long, LOL. >>

You know me, LOL.

I'm a very efficient cardboard liberator. image

Justin

• Options
    My 1974 Topps Football pack had a blazer Unitas. Easy 9, outside shot at 10. Submitting soon.
    Joe

IG: goatcollectibles23

The biggest lesson I've learned in this hobby, and in life, is that if you have a strong conviction, you owe it to yourself to see it through. Don't sell yourself, or your investments, short. Unless the facts change. Then sell it all.
  • Options
    tmgrnzx9rtmgrnzx9r Posts: 546 ✭✭✭
    All of my stuff arrived today. Thanks again goes out to Mark for taking the time to set these up for us and to bbce for the product!!
    All of my stuff will stay sealed for now except for the 2 89 ud packs which had a nice Cal Ripken Jr. in it as well as a Dale Murphy, just not the reverse negative.
    Not to much in the way of star power on any of the packs/cellos/racks except one of the 82 wax packs has Joe Morgan on the back as well as one of the 85 rack packs, which has Sandberg on the front and Molitor on the back.
  • Options
    lahmejoonlahmejoon Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭
    No package yet for me image
  • Options
    ssollarsssollars Posts: 932 ✭✭✭✭
    Got my package today!
  • Options
    Ok now for some photos.

Color on this Ryan is sweet! Best surface I've ever seen. Too bad the centering is off. Could be a solid 9.

Justin
  • Options
    dtkk49adtkk49a Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭
    Received my package from BBCE today. Very happy with my cellos.

My 78 cello has Dave Rader on top and.........drum roll......

Eddie Murray RC on the back!!!

Also received an 80 cello with McCovey on top.

I also got a 1979 wax tray - still has the 49 cent sticker on it.

Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"
  • Options
    WOW! Rip that Murray!
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,555 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>WOW! Rip that Murray! >>

Wow is right!! But do NOT rip that pack, LOL!

Another example of why Steve and BBCE is the most reputable company in the hobby. He could have easily set that pack aside and made a premium on it.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Justin,

That first 1980 Schmidt looks gem! The 1980 Topps cards look very sharp!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    That first 1980 Schmidt looks gem!

It appears to have a little nick on the left border below the pennant
  • Options

<< <i>That first 1980 Schmidt looks gem!

It appears to have a little nick on the left border below the pennant >>

Good eye. Oh well, might as well keep it raw now, Justin, lol~but don't worry, the PSA 10 Rickey RC has you still way ahead, LOL!!

• Options
    abcoltsfanabcoltsfan Posts: 802 ✭✭✭
    Received my 2 81FB packs today. Nothing but commons but fun to rip! Thanks to all involved in organizing this break.

Working on the following sets
    1980's and 1990's Topps Baseball BBCE FASC - Cello or Wax Boxes
    1952 Bowman US Presidents PSA 7 & up
    Pro Football Hall of Fame Indianapolis Colts PSA Registry Set
    June 9th Cubs full ticket or stubs - 1981 to 2020
    Andre Dawson Topps Basic registry PSA 10's
    Mark Grace Topps Basic registry PSA 10's

• Options
    Baez578Baez578 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭
    Received my packs today. Thanks!

Now....to rip or not to rip. That is the question image
  • Options
    MantleFan23MantleFan23 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Received my package from BBCE today. Very happy with my cellos.

My 78 cello has Dave Rader on top and.........drum roll......

Eddie Murray RC on the back!!!

Also received an 80 cello with McCovey on top.

I also got a 1979 wax tray - still has the 49 cent sticker on it.

image >>

Congrats on the Murray!! That is an awesome cello. Definitely send to PSA to have that one graded and noted Murray on back.
    Also, love the 79 tray. I got an 80 tray and it had a price tag of 68 cents on it. Quite a price increase from one year to the next, don't ya think???? image

Jeremy
  • Options
    shu4040shu4040 Posts: 982 ✭✭✭
    I opened my 81 FB wax (misses again, seriously it's almost been mathematically impossible for me to not have a Montana now in a rip after all these years)

Opened, the 78 football wax packs. Pretty solid cards, i recommend opening these b/c you have a chance of big hit. good corners, and a good 3 or 4 cards per pack that are centered well. the situation is there for someone to hit a monster here considering most 78s are open are wildly off center.

here's what i got, nothing major, but nice looking cards that could be subworthy:

[URL=http://s653.photobucket.com/user/shu4040/media/cba6304e-34b5-4269-b164-cbf61dbacf5e_zpscf2542ac.jpg.html]image[/URL]

[URL=http://s653.photobucket.com/user/shu4040/media/dc966bc6-5040-4fbf-bffe-4ed7a9253fc8_zps60413b4b.jpg.html]image[/URL]
  • Options
    Not much star power in the packs but I did get a Puckett RC. Nothing worth grading. However, I did have a Howie Long card showing on the back of the 1987 Cello. Also, on the extra pack of 1977 Topps Mexican, I have HOF Larry Little on top. Fun rip this time

[URL=http://s267.photobucket.com/user/bigdogparty/media/group rip/DSC_1451.jpg.html]image[/URL]

[URL=http://s267.photobucket.com/user/bigdogparty/media/group rip/Scan0011.jpg.html]image[/URL]

[URL=http://s267.photobucket.com/user/bigdogparty/media/group rip/DSC_1455.jpg.html]image[/URL]
  • Options
    Hey, that Puckett RC is nothing to sneeze at, nor the Howie or Theismann cellos
  • Options
    pjb103183pjb103183 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭
    im pretty stoked about the theismann cello! image
  • Options
    pjb103183pjb103183 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭
    id like to eventually build a box of these 79 football cellos..im 1/4 of the way there! if anyone has any of these that they would be willing to part with, pm me please!
  • Options
    Anyone still waiting for their package? Still haven't received mine out in California. Should be coming UPS. I guess I'll have to check with Steve tomorrow image
  • Options
    bziddybziddy Posts: 710 ✭✭✭
    I paid last monday and mine arrived in California today.
  • Options
    [URL=http://s284.photobucket.com/user/dtsa/media/cash christmas/Brett/ABF8AC71-1C5C-4B6B-9567-9A9E8CD2983F.jpg.html]image[/URL]

Broken gum on my 1981 football. Does that mean that psa won't grade the pack?
  • Options
    [URL=http://s284.photobucket.com/user/dtsa/media/cash christmas/Brett/EDD2EDFF-A8C8-47FC-A56B-3B7D976A87C1.jpg.html]image[/URL]

Opened two packs of basketball. Nice Kareem but it was the was card and has a major ding.
  • Options
    ConstantineConstantine Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Anyone still waiting for their package? Still haven't received mine out in California. Should be coming UPS. I guess I'll have to check with Steve tomorrow image >>

I'm still waiting too in Oregon. But I waited too for the 79 wax pay rip and that came safe and sound.
  • Options
    [URL=http://s284.photobucket.com/user/dtsa/media/cash christmas/Brett/C1DCDA73-3E31-4D87-AA16-7EA1F3CB8362.jpg.html]image[/URL]
    Kareem was the front wax card. This magic was 3-4th card but has a weird stain at the bottom.no other card in the pack had it.
  • Options
    bigdcardsbigdcards Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Anyone still waiting for their package? Still haven't received mine out in California. Should be coming UPS. I guess I'll have to check with Steve tomorrow image >>

I paid on Tuesday and am also waiting in CA, but this is how it goes every time. My understanding is that they ship everything the same day or next day and ups just takes a while.
    To bigdcards: "you are right" - cpamike "That is correct" -grote15
  • Options
    Nothing yet, but I am hoping for a big dose of "what did you buy now" from CFO when I get home from my business trip Friday.
    Collecting Topps Baseball: 1966-present base sets
    Topps/OPC Hockey 1966-Present base sets
  • Options
    lahmejoonlahmejoon Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭
    I'm in CA and haven't gotten mine either, so you guys aren't the only ones. I'm sure they will arrive in the next couple of days.
  • Options
    bziddybziddy Posts: 710 ✭✭✭
    Hey all -- sorry no pictures as of yet. Best cards were a 2nd year OC Bird and a Reggie White RC that's probably 60/40 OC.

My 78T Cello has Yaz on the back. Everything else was lacking in star-power, but strong in the power of Sixto Lezcano and Bud Black.

Kinda bummed I didn't get any of the 3 RCs out of my 8 Fleer packs (the odds were slightly against me here). Still have never pulled a Marino, Elway, Rice or Montana RC -- at these prices, it's possible I never will.

Still have my '74 FB to go and the 2 86 BB boxes go in my pile of boxes.