Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Official 2014 BBCE PSA Group Break #2....WE ARE SOLD OUT. TIME TO PAY!!!!!!!!

15678911»

Comments

• ClockworkAngelClockworkAngel Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭
    Not a bad start!

Do you guys recommend ripping these or grading them as is?

image[/URL]

image[/URL]
    The Clockwork Angel Collection...brought to you by Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Chase
    TheClockworkAngelCollection
  • 1all1all Posts: 510 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Just recently was able to inspect my packs and noticed on the '80 Topps BB that the pack wasn't sealed. Has anyone else experienced this? This could be telling me to rip it, instead of storing it and keeping it unopened. >>

Unfortunately, that is common with vintage wax if the box was stored in a very dry environment. Doesn't mean the pack isn't authentic, but it obviously limits its value, too. I would open it and who knows, you may pull a Henderson RC that will pay for the pack and then some. >>

Damned customs agents at it again I bet....
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,663 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Just recently was able to inspect my packs and noticed on the '80 Topps BB that the pack wasn't sealed. Has anyone else experienced this? This could be telling me to rip it, instead of storing it and keeping it unopened. >>

Unfortunately, that is common with vintage wax if the box was stored in a very dry environment. Doesn't mean the pack isn't authentic, but it obviously limits its value, too. I would open it and who knows, you may pull a Henderson RC that will pay for the pack and then some. >>

Damned customs agents at it again I bet.... >>

Toadman lives in Canada?? Maybe they thought it was a 1980 OPC wax pack, LOL!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • ToadManToadMan Posts: 219 ✭✭

<< <i>Toadman lives in Canada?? Maybe they thought it was a 1980 OPC wax pack, LOL! >>

I don't know any Royals fans that live in Canada... I'd be surprised if there were any.
  • lightningboylightningboy Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭
    Do you guys recommend ripping these or grading them as is?

i would definitely grade them as is. Outside the packs the Jackson and Bench are probably 8's. Graded as a pack you have a great shot at 9's. Much more leniency to centering and corners don't matter as much. Good luck and great packs
  • DavisDavis Posts: 705 ✭✭

<< <i>Would you guys sub any of these? They'd have to grade pretty high to be worth the cost:
    >>

A little bummed but not surprised. All of the cards I subbed from the group rip were a grade lower than I hoped. Not surprised though....
    MINT 9 1979 Topps 445 Charlie Waters Card
    NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1979 Topps 390 Earl Campbell Card
    NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1986 Topps 156 Joe Montana Card
    NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1986 Topps 20 William Perry Card
    MINT 9 1984 Topps 107 Ray Guy Card
    NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1986 Topps 69 Ray Guy

I'll hang onto the Campbell and Fridge, but I'll dump the others to recoup and save for the next rip...