Home Precious Metals
Options

Post some Gold for the weekend.

Comments

• Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I bought an 18k Tiffany chain at melt. >>

Nice pickup.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I bought an 18k Tiffany chain at melt. >>

Nice score!
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

<< <i>Fixed:

turtles all the way down >>

When push comes to shove, every argument for the existence of God involves one of the following: an infinite regress, shifting the burden of proof, or a personal experience. I am pleased that somebody else posted this link.
  • Options

<< <i>When push comes to shove, every argument for the existence of God involves one of the following: an infinite regress, shifting the burden of proof, or a personal experience. >>

Though I worship no god, I certainly respect those that do. Never understood those that work so hard to try to disprove the beliefs of others.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>When push comes to shove, every argument for the existence of God involves one of the following: an infinite regress, shifting the burden of proof, or a personal experience. >>

Though I worship no god, I certainly respect those that do. Never understood those that work so hard to try to disprove the beliefs of others. >>

I am not trying to disprove theism-that is impossible. It is impossible to prove or disprove that God exists. I don't understand why you would imply that I am trying to disprove the existence of God because that is philosophically impossible. Now-there are certain beliefs associated with theism/religion that can be disproven-like creationism. If you don't understand why I criticize creationists, then you must be fine with creationism being taught in public schools and religion having influence in public policies. If you don't like either of those things, then you would understand why I criticize creationists.
  • Options
  • Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,866 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>The is a book out there called God according to God. >>

I like you, Bidask, because you backed me up when other people were telling me my investments sucked. I don't care about your religious beliefs.

>>

About the author..... of the book GOD ACCORDING TO GOD.

A wonderful read and written by the scientist Gerald Schroeder.
    I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options

<< <i>His works frequently cite Talmudic, Midrashic and medieval commentaries on Biblical creation accounts, such as commentaries written by the Jewish philosopher Nachmanides. >>

Looks interesting Bidask. I will put it on my summer read list!
  • Options
    rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

I like you, Bidask, because you backed me up when other people were telling me my investments sucked. I don't care about your religious beliefs.

>>

A wonderful read and written by the scientist Gerald Schroeder. >>

Did he vote yea or nay for minimum wage?... That's all that matters right?... Lol...
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    I'm shocked at how many here have no belief in any form or kind of God, yet stand tall promoting a Country whose founding fathers wrote and established the groundwork who did believe in God. Is that an oxymoron or hypocrisy, or both?
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options
    It's called wanting all the spoils and benefits, with no responsibility or accountability to the cause...

Now to make up a word for that...
    keceph `anah
  • Options

<< <i>I'm shocked at how many here have no belief in any form or kind of God, yet stand tall promoting a Country whose founding fathers wrote and established the groundwork who did believe in God. Is that an oxymoron or hypocrisy, or both? >>

Many folks in this great country do not resemble the founding fathers in any regard. That in no way takes away from the brilliance of the Constitution. Folks of any and every stripe can and should honor, respect and defend that historic groundwork of our nation.

Sadly not enough do.
  • Options
    erickso1erickso1 Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm shocked at how many here have no belief in any form or kind of God, yet stand tall promoting a Country whose founding fathers wrote and established the groundwork who did believe in God. Is that an oxymoron or hypocrisy, or both? >>

Sorry, not sure I see your connection. They did lots of things on a daily basis that a lot of Americans don't do today. Might want to rethink that argument in its current state.
  • Options

The fact that most or all of the people who created America believed in God does not prove that God exists. There were many things that this country was "built upon" which are no longer as common today-like slavery.

You may as well argue "I am shocked at the fact that the founding fathers owned slaves and supported slavery, yet so many people nowadays don't support slavery!"-our nation was built upon it!

And bidask-saying that God wrote the bible is stupid.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

>>

Did he vote yea or nay for minimum wage?... That's all that matters right?... Lol... >>

In order for God to vote, he/she/it would have to exist...I don't think that is the case.
  • Options
    ArizonaJackArizonaJack Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭
    Go see America, the movie, it tells a very informative lesson on slavery. You post a pic of ticket stub and I'll reimburse you.
    " YOU SUCK " Awarded 5/18/08
  • Options
    Dr Gerald Schroeder is has a doctorate in physics from MIT
    and is a Torah scholar as well.

He is the only person I know who meshed spirituality with science.

Coinrollhunter are you afraid to read his book?

You might learn something.

• Options

<< <i>Dr Gerald Schroeder is has a doctorate in physics from MIT

You might learn something. >>

You are committing a fallacy right here. You are implying that because a particular scientist is religious/believes in God-that this somehow gives it merit scientifically, or means it should be taken seriously. The number of scientists who are atheists vastly outnumbers the number of scientists who believe in God-because belief in God is unscientific. I am not afraid to read the book you suggest in the same way you aren't afraid to read The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins, a famous atheist. Now-I don't think you have much interest in reading The God Delusion because it is so antithetical to your opinions-in much the same way that I don't have any interest in reading a book you might suggest. I have, however, read Francis Collins' "The language of God-A scientist presents evidence for belief"-and Francis Collins did just that-he presented clear and compelling evidence that he believes in God, but he didn't provide any evidence that God exists. These books by religious scientists that supposedly prove the existence of God scientifically are stupid. They are just red meat for religious people to try to promote as some time of evidence that God exists-when there is no evidence for God, and there probably never will be.
  • Options

<< <i>Go see America, the movie, it tells a very informative lesson on slavery. You post a pic of ticket stub and I'll reimburse you. >>

The Dinesh D'Souza film?

(I am assuming that is the one you are referring to-forgive the rest of my post if it isn't.)

Why is it that I am criticized or told that I am foolish for "being too liberal"-yet posters here think a Dinesh D'Souza doom-and-gloom film about "oh no-this is what it will be like if Obama wins reelection"-which he did-should be taken seriously?

It is tantamount to me recommending a Michael Moore film. One has a clear conservative bias, the other a clear liberal bias.
  • Options
    You may as well argue "I am shocked at the fact that the founding fathers owned slaves and supported slavery, yet so many people nowadays don't support slavery!"-our nation was built upon it!

Humans change, God doesn't. Some humans change thru God (Holy Spirt). Some choose (free will) not to.
    So a person can be an atheist and tout America and quote all the unalienable rights we have by heart, and live with themself? I guess it's me, I have a hard time seeing how one belief (or lack thereof) can be seperate. To me, they go hand in hand.
    Someone who is an atheist and also wants to stand behind the rights that are given to them written by men of God is a hypocrite, among other things.
  • Options

<< <i>You may as well argue "I am shocked at the fact that the founding fathers owned slaves and supported slavery, yet so many people nowadays don't support slavery!"-our nation was built upon it!

Humans change, God doesn't. Some humans change thru God (Holy Spirt). Some choose (free will) not to.
    So a person can be an atheist and tout America and quote all the unalienable rights we have by heart, and live with themself? I guess it's me, I have a hard time seeing how one belief (or lack thereof) can be seperate. To me, they go hand in hand.
    Someone who is an atheist and also wants to stand behind the rights that are given to them written by men of God is a hypocrite, among other things. >>

Your whole post presumes that God exists-you haven't proven that God exists. If God doesn't exist, then no rights are given to them by God-the rights we have are man made-not made by God. You aren't being logical at all. You have numerous typos.
  • Options
    typos? but yet you understood what I said and felt compelled to reply...anyway... (there's no eyeroll emotion, but it would be here if there was)

There's the difference crh. I don't need to prove God exists. That isn't my job, nor my calling. I only need to KNOW He exists, and that's good enough for me. Anything beyond that is anyones choice.
    Funny...you're going on & on trying to disprove existence and accuse me of trying TO prove it when I'm not. Now that's funny Brian.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

>>

Did he vote yea or nay for minimum wage?... That's all that matters right?... Lol... >>

In order for God to vote, he/she/it would have to exist...I don't think that is the case. >>

its quite sad that you dont have the capacity to understand simple writings and what they pertain to..
    even more sad that you continue to exacerbate that by posting...

i think or am absolutely sure its a relationship issue(a lack of one) with a father...

i wish you only the best in the coming years...
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    Someone who is an atheist and also wants to stand behind the rights that are given to them written by men of God is a hypocrite, among other things.

• Options
    Desouza's film 2016 came true..........but of course you did not bother to see it. Almost everything predicted in 2016 has already happened...........
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,863 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love will find a way.

Once people quit fighting each other.
  • Options

<< <i>typos? but yet you understood what I said and felt compelled to reply...anyway... (there's no eyeroll emotion, but it would be here if there was)

There's the difference crh. I don't need to prove God exists. That isn't my job, nor my calling. I only need to KNOW He exists, and that's good enough for me. Anything beyond that is anyones choice.
    Funny...you're going on & on trying to disprove existence and accuse me of trying TO prove it when I'm not. Now that's funny Brian. >>

You need to know that "he" exists? If God exists, how do you know it is a "he"? You will never have your need met. You don't know God exists, nor has anyone ever known that God exists-because there has never been any evidence for the existence of God.

I have not once tried to prove that God doesn't exist. You really haven't been reading my posts if you argue that I have been trying to disprove the existence of God You are making no sense at all.
  • Options

<< <i>Desouza's film 2016 came true..........but of course you did not bother to see it. Almost everything predicted in 2016 has already happened........... >>

You look up to this guy? You know Dinesh D'Souza is an admitted felon awaiting a judge's decision on whether or not he goes to jail-and if so, for how long? Now, of course, that fact has nothing to do with the truth value of the claims he makes in this film you recommend. I just wanted to remind you-because you probably knew this already.
  • Options
    bretts911bretts911 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭
    Lol wow this is funny as hell to read kinda funny how you guys keep replying to this.... Have fun arguing over the web guys
    Brett
  • Options
    erickso1erickso1 Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Humans change, God doesn't. Some humans change thru God (Holy Spirt). Some choose (free will) not to.
    Someone who is an atheist and also wants to stand behind the rights that are given to them written by men of God is a hypocrite, among other things. >>

Pieces, I hope that deep down you don't mean that last line. Seriously, think about what you just stated. Think long and hard about it. Think about all those that came before you. They weren't all non atheists, right? Seriously?
  • Options
    I did not say I looked up to him now did I ? Yes, he broke the law and covers that in his new movie as well. Meanwhile, you'll be first in line to vote Hillary ( who has zero history of campaign law violations or connections, right?).

It's pretty obvious you are well schooled in "Alinski". I do not look up to him either, but I have read Rules for Radicals. I have also seen several Micheal Moore films.........hmm.......wonder if he sold that Haliburton stock yet ?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>typos? but yet you understood what I said and felt compelled to reply...anyway... (there's no eyeroll emotion, but it would be here if there was)

Funny...you're going on & on trying to disprove existence and accuse me of trying TO prove it when I'm not. Now that's funny Brian. >>

You need to know that "he" exists? If God exists, how do you know it is a "he"? You will never have your need met. You don't know God exists, nor has anyone ever known that God exists-because there has never been any evidence for the existence of God.

I have not once tried to prove that God doesn't exist. You really haven't been reading my posts if you argue that I have been trying to disprove the existence of God You are making no sense at all. >>

So that makes you agnostic?

• Options
    This is an online no no but I'll do it anyways, I think my reputation TODAY can absorb the hit.

I always tell my son " either something sooo good or sooo bad " will happen and you'll get it. For some, it is the birth of a child, others, a car accident or something.

I survived a drug overdose in 1988 in Hollywood CA while playing in a rock band. Young, dumb, you name it, the scene was pretty heavy.

Flatlined for almost a minute and the paddles brought me back. That minute changed my life. It was then that I found faith. I have ZERO ZERO ZERO doubt there is a higher power/ being / God. I dont have to prove it and dont really give a crap if your a believer. I am. Period.

Judge me or not but it woke me the F up.
  • Options

<< <i>This is an online no no but I'll do it anyways, I think my reputation TODAY can absorb the hit.

I always tell my son " either something sooo good or sooo bad " will happen and you'll get it. For some, it is the birth of a child, others, a car accident or something.

I survived a drug overdose in 1988 in Hollywood CA while playing in a rock band. Young, dumb, you name it, the scene was pretty heavy.

Flatlined for almost a minute and the paddles brought me back. That minute changed my life. It was then that I found faith. I have ZERO ZERO ZERO doubt there is a higher power/ being / God. I dont have to prove it and dont really give a crap if your a believer. I am. Period.

Judge me or not but it woke me the F up. >>

thank god...um... oops, i mean charlie???... lol...
    wait i got that backwards?...
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    ""So a person can be an atheist and tout America and quote all the unalienable rights we have by heart, and live with themself?""

So those that do not believe in a god are doomed to what, anarchy, despotism, communism?

Seems that many dictator and/or monarch based nations with rigorous constraints on independence feature deep adherence to religion.
  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won't point fingers, but IMO there is a complete 'nut job' running amuck on this thread .... WOW! image

God bless America!

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,863 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>So a person can be an atheist and tout America and quote all the unalienable rights we have by heart, and live with themself?

So those that do not believe in a god are doomed to what, anarchy, despotism, communism?

Seems that many dictator and/or monarch based nations with rigorous constraints on independence feature deep adherence to religion. >>

Man is not doomed to anarchy, despotism, communism or slavery except to his own vice and fear. He is guaranteed death.
    I challenge everyone to defeat it.
  • Options
    BarberianBarberian Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Oh, one last thing-big surprise; you are wrong again... I'm neither creationist nor evolutionist. Both are theories and both require faith in said theory. If anything "agnostic" would be the closest fit, I suppose.
    >>

But one requires faith with zero empirical evidence, like belief in elves. The other requires the sort of faith one acquires from empirical experience. Like faith that the sun will rise in the morning, or your car will start when you turn the ignition key. As a biologist, I KNOW in which theory I believe.
    3 rim nicks away from Good
  • Options
    streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm starting to smell iwog.
    Have a nice day
  • Options

<< <i>Alas, CRH appears to be a troll.

A troll, in my definition, being one who comes to a website to stimulate anger among the participants, and who hangs around in the effort far beyond the obvious limits of their capacity to persuade.

Too bad. Truth seekers who engage in genuine dialogue are always few and far between. >>

Frankly, CRH spreads the truth with respect to Creationism and the illogical dolts who believe in the writings of animal-sacrificing primitives. The only thing I'd want from 3000 year old animal-sacrificing primitives who believe insects have four legs and bats are birds are their coins.
  • Options

<< <i>But one requires faith with zero empirical evidence, like belief in elves. The other requires the sort of faith one acquires from empirical experience. >>

lol. this is one of the most hilarious illogical quotes ive seen, maybe you run for office in high govt position... lol...
    keceph `anah
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Dr Gerald Schroeder is has a doctorate in physics from MIT

You might learn something. >>

You are committing a fallacy right here. You are implying that because a particular scientist is religious/believes in God-that this somehow gives it merit scientifically, or means it should be taken seriously. The number of scientists who are atheists vastly outnumbers the number of scientists who believe in God-because belief in God is unscientific. I am not afraid to read the book you suggest in the same way you aren't afraid to read The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins, a famous atheist. Now-I don't think you have much interest in reading The God Delusion because it is so antithetical to your opinions-in much the same way that I don't have any interest in reading a book you might suggest. I have, however, read Francis Collins' "The language of God-A scientist presents evidence for belief"-and Francis Collins did just that-he presented clear and compelling evidence that he believes in God, but he didn't provide any evidence that God exists. These books by religious scientists that supposedly prove the existence of God scientifically are stupid. They are just red meat for religious people to try to promote as some time of evidence that God exists-when there is no evidence for God, and there probably never will be. >>

BINGO! Where's the evidence?! When is someone going to to Lourdes and then regrow a severed limb?

I pray every night for a nice 1878-S Seated half in EF45 to be under my pillow when I wake up but I get nothing!
  • Options

<< <i>You may as well argue "I am shocked at the fact that the founding fathers owned slaves and supported slavery, yet so many people nowadays don't support slavery!"-our nation was built upon it!

Oh please, the Founding Fathers had a wide diversity of beliefs! Some were fundamentalist Christians, some were theists, some were deists, some were atheists.

"In the affairs of the world, men are saved not by faith, but by the lack of it." (Ben Franklin)

"We discover in the gospels a groundwork of vulgar ignorance, of things impossible, of superstition, fanaticism and fabrication ." (Thomas Jefferson}
  • Options

<< <i>This is an online no no but I'll do it anyways, I think my reputation TODAY can absorb the hit.

Judge me or not but it woke me the F up. >>

An electric jolt woke you up.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>But one requires faith with zero empirical evidence, like belief in elves. The other requires the sort of faith one acquires from empirical experience. >>

lol. this is one of the most hilarious illogical quotes ive seen, maybe you run for office in high govt position... lol... >>

Please point out the lack of logic in it, Tuco.

Do you trust that bridge you drive over every day to work and back? That's faith based upon personal empirical experience.

Do you trust that the Lord Jesus Christ will save your soul from eternal damnation because of what a women formed from a rib did after being tempted by a talking snake, according to animal-sacrificing primitives. That's faith without any empirical evidence or experience.

(edited for clarity)
  • Options
    Ok, enough of this silly debate.

I'm gonna go to bed now and pray fervently (like a dying child) for that 1878-S Half in EF45. If I find one under my pillow when I wake up, then maybe I'll become a Creationist who fights against raising the minimum wage.

• Options
    SurfinxHISurfinxHI Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My cat's breath smells like cat poop.
    Dead people tell interesting tales.
  • Options
    mikliamiklia Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭
    6 years on the forums and this is the first thread i'll ever have the pleasure of unsubscribing from.
  • Options
    halfhunterhalfhunter Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭

<< <i>My cat's breath smells like cat poop. >>

Prolly shouldn't kiss it on the lips then...

HH
    Need the following OBW rolls to complete my 46-64 Roosevelt roll set:
    1947-P & D; 1948-D; 1949-P & S; 1950-D & S; and 1952-S.
    Any help locating any of these OBW rolls would be gratefully appreciated!