Home Precious Metals
Options

Post some Gold for the weekend.

124»

Comments

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reading this thread has been very entertaining to say the least. I won't add much but to state the following.

1) CRH does have the right to his beliefs and the right to express them according the the first amendment.

2) The first amendment should be read before claiming it.

For example burning the flag........some claim this as freedom of expression.....NOT!!!!

As a Viet Nam vet I find that burning the flag is nothing more than being a traitor!

My feeling is if you want to burn our flag that so many have fought and died for.....WRAP YOURSELF IN IT FIRST!!!

This is just one example of what the first amendment is NOT!

And in closing....CRH this God you do not believe in... Well someday you WILL stand before him. That is a fact. And if you continue on you present course.....It will NOT be pretty.

Nuff Said.
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm starting to smell iwog. >>

The same thought crossed my mind a while back.
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    On this rare occasion, I find myself in agreement with DIMEMAN.

I still wanna know how the old the earth is, in celestial years. Earth years are but a mass delusion anyhow.

I know that there are things so large and/or so small that we don't have the tools or sensory ability to even perceive them.

There are so many things that science doesn't know and has been wrong about, that to base your entire understanding of the world upon science is just as ignorant as basing it on earth years.

This aura of superiority and degradation of religious beliefs based on an argument that science supports only one side - is quite ignorant on the face of it, and contrary to science in every way. Science and the scientific method are based on a quest for the truth, not the suppression of someone's beliefs.

The typical tactic of the left is to conclude that the science is settled, which is not only a lie, but an ignorant one at that.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭

<< <i>There are so many things that science doesn't know and has been wrong about, that to base your entire understanding of the world upon science is just as ignorant as basing it on earth years. >>

In many ways the scientific community has become a religion of its own. Impossible to prove concepts such as the Big Bang have become dogma.
  • Options
    "Global warming", or whatever they want to call it this week - has been quite profitable for Al Gore, one of it's biggest promoters. This is "science" now.

In my state, the former governor's son somehow managed to become the president of a publically subsidized wind farm. Typical democrat nepotism backrub involving public money - based on "science".

Most universities exist on the government teat and have virtually unlimited funding to promote what their benefactors in Congress want them to promote. Therefore, if a study is spit out by a public university (funded by you & me), it must be "settled science". The university system is nothing more than another big time racket, with "science" as the main attraction.

When I drive past the university campus at night, every stinkin lightbulb in the whole complex is "ON". Acres and acres of Vegas-style lighting. No energy crisis there. The "science" doesn't apply if there's a vested interest involved.

And then there's the science that crh practices - if he can find it in Wikipedia, he must be a freakin child prodigy and it must be the absolute truth, "settled science" as it were.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

He does have a familiarity about him, doesn't he. image
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    >>>On this rare occasion, I find myself in agreement with DIMEMAN.<<<

Thanks....I don't get many of these.imageimage
  • Options
    BarberianBarberian Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>There are so many things that science doesn't know and has been wrong about, that to base your entire understanding of the world upon science is just as ignorant as basing it on earth years. >>

In many ways the scientific community has become a religion of its own. Impossible to prove concepts such as the Big Bang have become dogma. >>

How can science be "Wrong" about something when it is inherently self-correcting. Whatever they got wrong they eventually corrected it, right? Maybe you need to brush up on what science is all about. Anybody who says global warming is "settled" is not being an honest scientist. Highly likely, maybe, but not settled for certain. The Big Bang is a hypothesis that recently received support from astronomers detecting gravity waves in deep space.
    3 rim nicks away from Good
  • Options

<< <i>How can science be "Wrong" about something when it is inherently self-correcting. >>

It can only be self correcting as long as minds remain open to different opinions. With the case of Big Bang, challengers are ostracized.
  • Options

<< <i>

And in closing....CRH this God you do not believe in... Well someday you WILL stand before him. That is a fact. And if you continue on you present course.....It will NOT be pretty.

Nuff Said. >>

Do you have any empirical proof that God exists? I'd like to believe in God but I see absolutely no evidence for his existence. He never answers prayer (see Templeton Study), letting innocent children die by the thousands each day.

I'm still waiting for my 1878-S half in EF45.
  • Options
    How can science be "Wrong" about something when it is inherently self-correcting

Science can go off-course whenever ulterior motives are involved, and many times with pretty negative outcomes. Was science able to correct the thalidomide kids? Tell it to the Enewetak natives and the fine folks living near fu_kushima. Science is misapplied and mismanaged all the time.

Drink a lot of milk with antibiotics and hormones? It's too bad that "science" isn't held responsible for the unintended consequences of it's own misuse. Misuse and misinterpretation of scientific data is common. Don't give me the bs that science is always self-correcting unless you're also willing to concede that science isn't always what it's cracked up to be.

It's changed our world, without a doubt. Instead of weaponizing bacteria and spinning down radioisotopes, maybe they should be curing cancer. Science has been politicized like most everything else, and it really does depend on who's in control of the data and who's in charge of the analysis, doesn't it?

Excuse me for being cynical, but science is culpable in many of our most knotty modern problems and the reason this is so is because science, like any other big money venture is vulnerable to fraud, corruption and political power.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This dude may or may not be a 22yr old minimum wage student. Frankly I could care less.

What has been shown -

Is that he is neither a precious metal nor a coin person. Furthermore,
    I may be sticking my neck out- I believe he is a paid political operative.

JMHO
    Have a nice day
  • Options
    ArizonaJackArizonaJack Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭
    The only thing "proven" in this thread is that there are some very empty folks on this forum, at least one absolute friggin moron, and a bunch of regular old America respecting and loving people. I'll hang with the latter. Good day :-)
    " YOU SUCK " Awarded 5/18/08
  • Options
    rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭
    The only exact science is that which is funded by the government, lol ...
    Which come to think of it, is the ultimate thievery...

S = FGM x PWCGAJ...
    keceph `anah
  • Options

<< <i>Do you have any empirical proof that God exists? I'd like to believe in God but I see absolutely no evidence for his existence. He never answers prayer (see Templeton Study), letting innocent children die by the thousands each day.

I'm still waiting for my 1878-S half in EF45. >>

Lol, u a good comedian... Such basic typical irrational and illogical points... Funny u can't even see it.... Luv the comedy though...
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    LowBudgetLowBudget Posts: 383 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Desouza's film 2016 came true..........but of course you did not bother to see it. Almost everything predicted in 2016 has already happened........... >>

You look up to this guy? You know Dinesh D'Souza is an admitted felon awaiting a judge's decision on whether or not he goes to jail-and if so, for how long? Now, of course, that fact has nothing to do with the truth value of the claims he makes in this film you recommend. I just wanted to remind you-because you probably knew this already. >>

Why don't you go another few hours with your rubber Obama doll and get all that stress out?
    "I'm dropping my standards so that I can buy more"
  • Options
    halfhunterhalfhunter Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭

OK please educate an ol'redneck . . .
    WTH is iwog ? ! ? !

IWOG Isle Of Wight Ornithological Group
    IWOG Issued Without Gum (philately)
    IWOG Irrational, Wild or Gambling (card play slang)
    IWOG International Women's Organization of Greece
    IWoG Infallible Word of God
    IWOG Issued Without Good Sense
    IWOG Imaginary Worlds of Games (Tucson, Arizona)
    IWOG Interoperability Working Group
    IWOG Interdisciplinary Working Group

But I can Google ! ! ! image

HH
    Need the following OBW rolls to complete my 46-64 Roosevelt roll set:
    1947-P & D; 1948-D; 1949-P & S; 1950-D & S; and 1952-S.
    Any help locating any of these OBW rolls would be gratefully appreciated!
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,447 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iwog was a forum member that was banned for trolling and other disruptive behavior.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    IWOG was a poster on this forum that had a very similar posting style that was never about coinage, most of the time just about his very opinionated political and personal leanings. Took great pride in being a pot stirrer. You had to be there.

Actually HH it is better you weren't. image
    Have a nice day
  • Options
    halfhunterhalfhunter Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Actually HH it is better you weren't. image >>

You're prolly right ! ! ! image

When I was 20, like our friend here, I knew it all . . . Couldn't tell me $hit . . .

Now, 40 years later, I realize I wasn't so smart after all ! ! !

HH
    Need the following OBW rolls to complete my 46-64 Roosevelt roll set:
    1947-P & D; 1948-D; 1949-P & S; 1950-D & S; and 1952-S.
    Any help locating any of these OBW rolls would be gratefully appreciated!
  • Options

<< <i>How can science be "Wrong" about something when it is inherently self-correcting

Science can go off-course whenever ulterior motives are involved, and many times with pretty negative outcomes. Was science able to correct the thalidomide kids? Tell it to the Enewetak natives and the fine folks living near fu_kushima. Science is misapplied and mismanaged all the time.

Drink a lot of milk with antibiotics and hormones? It's too bad that "science" isn't held responsible for the unintended consequences of it's own misuse. Misuse and misinterpretation of scientific data is common. Don't give me the bs that science is always self-correcting unless you're also willing to concede that science isn't always what it's cracked up to be.

It's changed our world, without a doubt. Instead of weaponizing bacteria and spinning down radioisotopes, maybe they should be curing cancer. Science has been politicized like most everything else, and it really does depend on who's in control of the data and who's in charge of the analysis, doesn't it?

Excuse me for being cynical, but science is culpable in many of our most knotty modern problems and the reason this is so is because science, like any other big money venture is vulnerable to fraud, corruption and political power. >>

Science is a PROCESS or METHOD for studying the physical and natural world through empirical observation and experimentation. Based upon empirical observations, one proposes a hypothesis to best explain these observations and then devises experiments to test this hypothesis against others. If experimentation shows the original hypothesis to be false, then the hypothesis is changed to fit the observed observations and tested again. That's what I mean by self-correcting.

What you're calling science is NOT science. You're talking about human maliciousness, fraud, corruption, and political wrangling either improperly influencing the scientific process or drawing upon knowledge gained from science to cause harm. Science is a tool, just like a car or a gun are a tool. It's up to human beings to decide how they are going to use this tool wisely. Again, the problem isn't the process of science, it's the motivations and morals of those doing science and/or how they use knowledge gained from science.
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭
    It's ok if you disagree with me. I can't force you to be right.
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    already stated by another.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options

<< <i>Reading this thread has been very entertaining to say the least. I won't add much but to state the following.

1) CRH does have the right to his beliefs and the right to express them according the the first amendment.

2) The first amendment should be read before claiming it.

For example burning the flag........some claim this as freedom of expression.....NOT!!!!

As a Viet Nam vet I find that burning the flag is nothing more than being a traitor!

My feeling is if you want to burn our flag that so many have fought and died for.....WRAP YOURSELF IN IT FIRST!!!

This is just one example of what the first amendment is NOT!

Nuff Said. >>

You WILL stand before the invisible leprechaun when you die-better believe in him just to be safe...pascal's wager is a stupid threat. You have no evidence to support your beliefs, so you resort to making a threat.
  • Options
    You morons who don't believe in evolution or global warming are conservative religious fools who get their information from fox news and the bible. You are all morons. Evolution and global warming are facts.
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You morons who don't believe in evolution or global warming

Lets talk about global warming. Did you know the Earth has gone through several hot and cold cycles over the last few 100 thousand years. So what if it gets hotter now? Are we supposed to spend trillions of dollars on something that will happen anyway? The human race has been migrating since it got 2 legs--you know this from evolution, right? Move to where the climate isnt so "hostile". Why should I have to spend $1000 a year to have the exhaust gas recirculation system cleaned in my truck? Just because some "liberal idiot" thinks that will keep the ocean from rising an inch?

Should we be concerned if penguins go extinct? As an evolutionist, surely you realize countless species have gone extinct long before humans arrived.

Maybe if companies didnt have to spend so much $$$$ on environmental issues they could pay peons more than $7.25 per hour.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options

<< <i>You morons who don't believe in evolution or global warming are conservative religious fools who get their information from fox news and the bible. You are all morons. Evolution and global warming are facts. >>

i will give you the key to unlocking your nightmare...
    facts change, principles(truth) never change...
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    .....a nice Engelhard bar!

• Options
    PeacePeoplePeacePeople Posts: 106 ✭✭

<< <i>You morons who don't believe in evolution or global warming are conservative religious fools who get their information from fox news and the bible. You are all morons. Evolution and global warming are facts. >>

As opposed to a moron that gets his info from CNN and a chemistry professor?
    Nevermind...
  • Options

Oh yeah. You're a moron...times infinity. So there, neener, neener, neener....
  • Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options

<< <i>image >>

This reminds me, I need to repurchase one of these. Maybe in -70. It's on my Box o' $20 list.