Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

ALL SUBS POPPED - ALL SUBS LOGGED ANYONE INTERESTED IN PIGGYBACKING ON A $10 BLUE FLIP SUBMISSION?

12346»

Comments

• I had a card that got QA in the last blue flip group sub get authenticated this go around. If you're confident in it, resub next time. Stinks, but you're only out the $11 or so.
  • The number of questionable Miguel Cabrera's is kind of distressing, considering that I sent a couple cards to the Tigers Charity to get signed.
  • raiderguy10raiderguy10 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭
    It looks like the Trout and Kershaw recent TTMs may have them questioning. ANd I thought the same about Cabrera - if the Tigers are ghost signing items for charity donations I have a problem with that....especially at $75 a pop (I think that's his fee).
    Collect HOF Autos and Anything Raiders.

"In Al We Trust!"

Looking for Autos of HOFers Charles Bidwill, Tim Mara, Joe Carr, Fritz Pollard, Guy Chamberlin & Bill Hewitt
  • It's 35, which seems too good to be true, and it may just turn out to be. I'll be bummed because I bought a decent rookie and a nice relic card to get signed, and get signed by not a ghost.
  • Again, thank you for putting this together. I am sure it is never easy.
  • Nascar360Nascar360 Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭
    "Again, thank you for putting this together. I am sure it is never easy." +1
  • Thank you Derrick!
    All items from the second pop are packed and ready to ship. If you provided me with an insurance quote you should have a PM for postage.

Here are my items. The first are my HOF PC (George is a replacement the other two were raw and are now slabbed)

These are PC too. Always wanted a Randall RC for my PC and Kirby was done in person for Twins fest in Bismarck when I was a Sr in high school. The one time I got permission to skip class image

These will all be for sale:

"In Al We Trust!"

Looking for Autos of HOFers Charles Bidwill, Tim Mara, Joe Carr, Fritz Pollard, Guy Chamberlin & Bill Hewitt
  • swish54swish54 Posts: 694 ✭✭✭✭
    This is insane. Please tell me this is some crude joke that I don't get. Every one of those Trout's and Kershaw's were signed In-Person by myself. I physically handed them the cards and they signed them and handed them right back. They were obtained during their first pro season in the low minors Low-A Midwest League. Surely PSA has copies of what their signatures looked like back then. Same thing with the Maddux's. I obtained them all myself In-Person all within a 3 day period when he was a rover for the Cubs. How can all but one be real when they were all signed basically at the same time. The Cabrera's were sent in to the Tigers Foundation following the rules on their website. What a waste of $200.
    OK question after I had a chance to look over what other people sent in. When different users submit the same card, how do I know my cards weren't the guy who sent in the same '09 Tristar card and got his authenticated. How do you know those weren't mine? Same question goes to the guy who sent in the same '10 mwl as card and '10 pro debuts as mine. Granted his came back QA like mine but how do I know I'm getting mine back and not his?
    They are done in the order of the submission form, which is grouped by member. The ones under your name are definitely the ones you submitted

"In Al We Trust!"

• alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,102 ✭✭✭

<< <i> but how do I know I'm getting mine back and not his? >>

Hopefully you have scans of your own stuff too.
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • GRGR Posts: 550 ✭✭
    "This is insane. Please tell me this is some crude joke that I don't get. Every one of those Trout's and Kershaw's were signed In-Person by myself. I physically handed them the cards and they signed them and handed them right back. They were obtained during their first pro season in the low minors Low-A Midwest League. Surely PSA has copies of what their signatures looked like back then. Same thing with the Maddux's. I obtained them all myself In-Person all within a 3 day period when he was a rover for the Cubs. How can all but one be real when they were all signed basically at the same time. The Cabrera's were sent in to the Tigers Foundation following the rules on their website. What a waste of $200."

Had the same thing happen with my Ravens training camp autographs, they said...your buying bad stuff. But what can you do its a monopoly
    Nathan Wagner
    Everyone who paid for return shipping had their packages go out this morning

As far as this debate. We all know psa has the strictest authentication process in the industry. If they question anything it doesn't pass. It's their opinion and reputation. If they start passing marginally close signatures they become GAI. What would you rather have, because it doesn't go both ways (coming from someone who also had a bad submission with signatures I believe are real)

"In Al We Trust!"

• From an outside perspective (I don't do any baseball), it seems that PSA is very strict with Cabrera and Trout. Probably for good reason, even if some legit autos are casualties.
    depcs - PM sent. I need your address to get your package mailed tomorrow.

"In Al We Trust!"

For you guys who submit often to get stuff PSA/DNA certified, is it similar to the grading process of keep subbing until you get what you think is right? Is it just a matter of getting a good certifier like getting a good/bad grader or is it harder to get stuff certified.
    Sometimes. I've resubmitted a few things and got them through the second time

"In Al We Trust!"

• Swish, with results as unanimously QA as those, I wouldn't risk the money resubbing. They might very well be legit, but the message PSA is sending here is pretty clearly that they're not going to slab autos like that. Sorry man.
  • Derrick, when are you planning another blue flip and how did you get the Mannings that failed ? I'd definitely be in for 20 or 30 in October or November
    Manning was ttm. But it was a Topps card and the signature bubbled. His ttm autos passed for me in the past.

Next one will probably be January then again at the end of summer 2015

"In Al We Trust!"

• Very Nice. I went 16 for 16. Going to keep a few for my personal collection, including the John David Crow, Vic Sears, Three of the Chuck Such's, The Otis Taylor, Will keep the Steve Hutchinson until he gets elected to the HOF. The Cortez Kennedy and Les Bingaman will be for sale. The Abe Gibron is already sold. Thanks so much Derrick. I still have four more Chuck Such's that I will put in for the next submission, plus my 2nd Dick Barwegan, which will be the one I keep for my collection. Plus a few other things I have. I might have you check to see how much they would charge for the Bidwill cut.

Thanks again so much for putting these together.

Rocke
    WANTED:Football Hall of Fame Autograph's;Hugh Ray,Tim Mara,Charles Bidwell,Walt Kiesling,Bill Hewitt,Len Ford,Fritz Pollard,Curly Lambeau,Steve Owen & Joe Carr. FOR SALE : 100's of auto'd HoF 8x10's & dozen's of auto'd HoF cards.
  • JMDVMJMDVM Posts: 950 ✭✭✭

<< <i>"This is insane. Please tell me this is some crude joke that I don't get. Every one of those Trout's and Kershaw's were signed In-Person by myself. I physically handed them the cards and they signed them and handed them right back. They were obtained during their first pro season in the low minors Low-A Midwest League. Surely PSA has copies of what their signatures looked like back then. Same thing with the Maddux's. I obtained them all myself In-Person all within a 3 day period when he was a rover for the Cubs. How can all but one be real when they were all signed basically at the same time. The Cabrera's were sent in to the Tigers Foundation following the rules on their website. What a waste of $200."

Had the same thing happen with my Ravens training camp autographs, they said...your buying bad stuff. But what can you do its a monopoly >>

Because they don't know what they are doing. Check out my post on 1962 Topps Baseball card Green tint variations. Cards are clearly green, they say they aren't. Suggested I re-submit in the future. Why? So they can get more money?
    Good news is USPS tried to deliver the package this morning. Bad news is my wife was on a field trip and missed them. She's going to run tomorrow morning and pick it up.

Since there are 32 members this sub sorting will take a while. My goal is to get it all sorted tomorrow. I'm hoping Wednesday I can start packing them up and sending shipping quotes out. I've gotten some PMs with insurance requests - if you haven't done so please send me a PM with how much return insurance you'd like and I can hopefully get quotes out quicker.

"In Al We Trust!"

• Got my cards today; will post scans later. Excellent work by Derrick!
  • First wave of scans. All of these are FS/FT.

imageimageimage
    imageimageimage
    imageimageimage
  • Scanned the rest. These are keepers, for now at least. If you don't like hockey or the Red Wings, scroll past ...

imageimageimage
    imageimageimage
    imageimageimage
    imageimageimage
    imageimageimage
    imageimageimage
    imageimageimage
  • alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,102 ✭✭✭
    Derrick,
    You mentioned that PSA wants the list ahead of time to catch the items that aren't eligible at $10 each. Do you know if they still intend to offer us a discount rate on the over value items, or are they planning on simply cutting all of those out completely?
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
    No it'd be the same structure we had this submission -they'd just like the items that won't be processed not to even be sent in.

"In Al We Trust!"

BOx has arrived and everything looks good. I'll start sorting now and hopefully provide shipping quotes tonight to those who provided me with insurance info. If you haven't done so please PM me with your insurance needs and hopefully we can start getting packages back to you guys tomorrow morning image

"In Al We Trust!"

Everyone that paid today will have their packages shipped first thing tomorrow. Please post scans when you get them image

"In Al We Trust!"

• depcsdepcs Posts: 74 ✭✭
  • Nascar360Nascar360 Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭
    Thanks again for setting this up.
    1999 Adam Petty Rookie

2000 Jimmie Johnson Rookie (SP Authentic) ) & 1987 Jeff Gordon Rookie (World of Outlaws)

2000 Jimmie Johnson Rookie (Upper Deck) & 1996 SPX Jeff Gordon Tribute Insert 1 per 395 packs
    Here's my stuff I got back. Thanks for putting this together and I'll probably send some more next time.

• PMKAYPMKAY Posts: 1,372 ✭✭
  • JudgeItoJudgeIto Posts: 68 ✭✭✭
    Thanks again Derrick!

• Love the signed customs.... And the Warner!