Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

ALL SUBS POPPED - ALL SUBS LOGGED ANYONE INTERESTED IN PIGGYBACKING ON A $10 BLUE FLIP SUBMISSION?

Comments

• raiderguy10raiderguy10 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭
    MSCHWADE - Items received. Ready for submission

ChicagoCubsWS - items received. Once paid you'll be ready.

cardsharkk - items received. Once you pay you'll be ready.

redheart54 - items received. Once you pay you'll be ready

mknez - items received/paid. Ready for submission

T_Hamilton - items received. Once you pay you'll be ready

danmecum51 - items received/paid. Ready for submission

l3vi - other items received/paid. Ready for submission
    Collect HOF Autos and Anything Raiders.

"In Al We Trust!"

Looking for Autos of HOFers Charles Bidwill, Tim Mara, Joe Carr, Fritz Pollard, Guy Chamberlin & Bill Hewitt
  • payment sent last night D, hope we get this out to PSA soon. a miracle august poppage!
    Verb1 & Tallmer - PMs sent. Can you please let me know if you are still planning on participating or not?

Thanks!
    Derrick

"In Al We Trust!"

Looking for Autos of HOFers Charles Bidwill, Tim Mara, Joe Carr, Fritz Pollard, Guy Chamberlin & Bill Hewitt
    Alifaxwa2 - package received. You are ready

Hockeycrazy- package received. You are ready

1966cuda - package received. You are ready.

Thank you to all who have participated. There are a handful of small packages that have yet to arrive....but they've all been shipped and they should all be here Monday. If everything goes well I hope to have the package to PSA Wednesday morning.

We SHATTERED my all time high. Looks like we are slated to have 708 items in this submission. That is absolutely great - hopefully it means that PSA will allow us to do another one around the January timeframe. I appreciate you all participating in the submission. I'll post when the package is officially off to PSA. Good luck to everyone. In the past we've swung at about 90% success rate. Here's to hoping we get similar numbers this round.

Derrick

"In Al We Trust!"

• PMKAYPMKAY Posts: 1,372 ✭✭
    Thank you again for doing this.
    EASPORTS - ITEMS/Payment received. You are ready for the submission

AutosforAlex - Items received. You are ready for the submission.

Looks like we have 2 to go. Hopefully they come tomorrow and I can get the box to PSA on Wednesday.

"In Al We Trust!"

No packages today.

Allen/Meteoriteguy - PM sent for tracking #s. They were mailed on the 25th - they should have been here by now

"In Al We Trust!"

I have everything I need for the bulk submission. Everything is packed up and ready to go. I'll finish the paperwork tonight and the package will be off to PSA tomorrow.

I'll post again when I have confirmation PSA has the package in their hands. I'm sending directly to Veronica for her to sign off on it - so I'll ask that she email me when she signs off.

Good luck to all. Also please subscribe to this thread. Any time there is an update I'll change the title so you can see in the email a brief summary of the update. And please keep an eye out for the next couple weeks - if there are items they deem to valuable to be allowed under the submission I'll need to get input from the respective member if they want to pay the higher price or decline to have the item authenticated (we ran into this for the first time last round). So please watch the title of the thread closely in the following weeks.

Thanks again for your help in getting enough items to qualify.

"In Al We Trust!"

• mschwademschwade Posts: 66 ✭✭
    Thanks as always Derrick! Happy 4th!
    Ohio State football coaches and All-Americans collector.
  • i joined this forum.... joshua961203 from blowout.. can u email me, if u need anything .. JoshuaKimWBC@Gmail.com

i got banned from bo forever... LOL
    Sorry for the long wait between posts. Registered mail takes a bit longer to get there image

I have confirmed psa has the package in hand. Will post when we officially log in the system and if we have any items that won't qualify

"In Al We Trust!"

Just another quick note. Got an email from Veronica Friday (just checked emails), and she said to expect the subs to log early this week. Here's to hoping

"In Al We Trust!"

• i guess no 3 week turnaround this time, everybody stand down image. i expect a longer time frame with the national right in the middle of our sub and business will certainly peak afterward.
    We definitely had record time last go round. As you mentioned with the National I'm expecting it to be longer. My goal was to get logged in before the national, hopefully that'll happen

"In Al We Trust!"

I got another update today from PSA. I spoke to Veronica, and it doesn't sound like we will be logged before the National. They've had the package now for 12 days - but she said they are backlogged, and their resources right now are concentrating on next week. She also mentioned they are sorting out what will qualify and what won't - or what they'll need additional pricing on.

Going forward we may need to consider the timing of this second submission. Apparently sneaking in before the National isn't working any more. The timing of the January one really goes well so I think we will keep that. But I'm kind of unsure how to handle the second one and would be open to suggestions. Do we wait until after the National next time? Just stick to one a year in the January timeframe? I'm kind of torn - but like to do 2 a year because one just seems to long in between. So I'd be open to ideas if anyone has some.

"In Al We Trust!"

• i say move back a month, january and june?
  • Yeah, I'd err toward a shorter winter-summer break than fighting the National.

<< <i>i say move back a month, january and june? >>

I thought about that too - but typical times we'd get the first sub back towards the end of April....that'd be putting together another one basically a month after the first. Which would be fine with me, but I want to make sure we can hit the 500 mark each time.

"In Al We Trust!"

• If you want to do 2 a year, then I think January and maybe AFTER the National - say mid to late August.
  • alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,102 ✭✭✭
    I'd say do March and September. What works smoothly in Jan, will work fine in March.
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
    While that is very true, I am a tax preparer so the Feb to April time-frame is hard for me to do something like this image

"In Al We Trust!"

• Nascar360Nascar360 Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭
    Will you do a Blue flip with auto grade?
    I don't have any plans on adding the grading to the bulk submissions. They'd run more money as well.

"In Al We Trust!"

Semi good/bad news. Sub #1 logged in today. Bad news is in receive hold status so I'm sure there are some items they are questioning. Maybe that's a good sign the others log Monday or Tuesday, fingers crossed

"In Al We Trust!"

• Which one was Sub #1?
    Sub 1 is half of the cards. Sub 2 is half the cards. Sub 3 is tall boy items like over size cards and index cards

"In Al We Trust!"

• EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Semi good/bad news. Sub #1 logged in today. Bad news is in receive hold status so I'm sure there are some items they are questioning. Maybe that's a good sign the others log Monday or Tuesday, fingers crossed >>

Probably my damned Alex Ferguson card.
    My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.
    Lol we will see next week

"In Al We Trust!"

The second sub of cards logged today. They are also in receive hold status, but maybe we will be lucky to get the log days pre national yet

"In Al We Trust!"

Last sub has logged - also in receive hold status. But All 3 are logged before the National - which is good. Next post will be which items they need further info on so watch for that in case you need to respond.

"In Al We Trust!"

• Have they gotten back to you with the cards they flagged, yet?
    Not yet. Veronica told me it'd be after the national, so hopefully this week. But at least they are logged so our clock is starting regardless

"In Al We Trust!"

• Excellent, thanks! I wasn't sure if them having it started the clock, or if it would start after we knew what was holding it up.
    My understanding from talking with Veronica is business days is started on the log date. It's too bad it wasn't received date as they had the items 13 days before logging them in image

"In Al We Trust!"

I just got an email from Veronica for items that need to be addressed. Here are the items they are questioning. Please understand I'm just the messenger and how they came up with some of these is beyond my control. But keep in mind that ever for these higher rates most of them are still discounted compared to the regular grading fee so it's still a good deal regardless. Below are the additional fees that would apply if you'd like your item authenticated. Please lmk ASAP so I can get back to PSA and we can keep moving forward.

I broke it out for individual items and then the total remaining due if you'd like all of them done.

Raiderguy10: YES TO ALL
    Turk Edwards-  35 YES
    Bill George- 35 Yes
    Dalai Lama x 2- 35ea Yes
    Guy Chamberlin- 65 Yes
    Link Lyman- 35 Yes

Charrigan: NO TO ALL
    Norm Ullman- 35 NO
    Bill Gadsby 35 x 2 = 70 NO
    For All $105

Tlake22: YES TO ALL (PAID)
    Bill Gadsby 35 YES
    Casey Stengel+1- 50 YES
    For All - $85

Depcs: YES TO ALL (PAID)
    Sandy Koufax- 35 YES
    For All - $35

Swish54: YES TO ALL (PAID)
    Trout/Grichuk- 35 YES
    For All - $35

Huggyface: YES TO ALL (PAID)
    Berry/Marchetti/Moore- 35 YES
    Eppa Rixey- 35 YES
    For All - $70

Athleticsfan:
    Sandy Koufax- 35
    For All - $35

TheFrenzy:YES TO ALL(PAID)
    Cerf/Kahn/ Kleinroc/ Roberts x 2- 40ea Yes - Paid
    For All - $80 - PAID

Catman: YES TO ALL (PAID)
    Al Davis x 2-  35 Each ($70 Total)
    For All - $70 YES

Jimq12:
    Reggie White x 2- 35ea ($70 total)
    For All - $70

WJU2004: SEE BELOW
    Ted Williams- 35 YES
    Steve Owen- 35 YES
    Stargell+11- 75 NO
    Stargell+11- 75 NO
    For All - $220

danmecum51 - NO
    Wayne Gretzky- 35 DO NOT PROCESS
    For All - $35

Hockeycrazy: NO TO ALL
    Wayne Gretzky x2 ($70 total) NO
    Orr/Cheevers- 35 NO
    Browner/Ratelle/Stanley- 40 NO
    Hail/Kelly/Pilote/Hull- 40 NO
    Total for All - $185

Churchiscool: NO
    Derek Jeter- 35 DO NOT PROCESS
    Total for All - $35

Peafour: NO
    Arnold Palmer- 35 - DO NOT PROCESS
    Total for All - $35

1966cuda: YES TO ALL (PAID)
    Elston Howard- 35 YES
    Total for All - $35

Alifaxwa2: YES TO ALL (PAID)
    Sebastian Shaw- 35 YES
    Peter Cushing-35 YES
    Harrison Ford- 35 YES
    Total for All - $105

epruyne: YES TO ALL (PAID)
    George W. Bush- 35 YES
    Warren Buffett- 35 YES
    Total for All - $70

GR - YES TO BOTH (PAID)
    Emlen Tunnell- 35 YES
    Turkey Stearness/Guy Mitchell- $  100 YES
    Total for All - $135

Huskerteed: YES (PAID)
    Sam Crawford- 35 YES
    Total for All - $35

"In Al We Trust!"

• how many days is the sub supposed to take? i just find it funny the clock is starting but if it's early or later than the eta we can't do anything anyway so doesn't matter to me when they log it in. my expectation has always been around 3 months for when i send the cards to derrick.
    I'm guessing mid to late September. But that's purely a guess. I'm sure it depends how much they have on their plate from the National. But they technically have 60 business days (not including the National days or holidays) to process it.

"In Al We Trust!"

• 60 business days...HALLOWEEN it is! image hopefully all treats and no tricks...
  • alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,102 ✭✭✭
    I guess the trade off on the $10 rate was they started policing these over prices items more than they had in previous submissions.
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
    Maybe. But the fee on most of my guys is $75, so I'll gladly pay $45 instead of that

"In Al We Trust!"

• PM Sent
    Vintage Ohio St. football items, always buying, PM me with any you might want to sell.
    Also looking for 2005T FB AA, 1986T FB, 1960T FB autographed cards
  • PM sent.

$35 extra for Norm Ullman, minor star who is prolific and free TTM? Uh, sorry PSA.
  • Brandon, that's a crazy list of autos you've got there!
  • PMKAYPMKAY Posts: 1,372 ✭✭

<< <i>I'm guessing mid to late September. But that's purely a guess. I'm sure it depends how much they have on their plate from the National. But they technically have 60 business days (not including the National days or holidays) to process it. >>

I thought it was 20 business days.

The last time I sent in 250 autos they got it done in 12 business days.
    That's what they say is their estimated time. But with this many items that won't happen

"In Al We Trust!"

• Hi, No to all for Hockeycrazy. Thanks, Dave
    I've gotten a hold of WJU2004 and GR. If anyone knows how to contact the following members outside of the site please let me know.

athleticsfan
    jimq112

Hopefully I can get the list back to PSA by tomorrow at the latest.

"In Al We Trust!"

• Payment sent
  • 1966CUDA1966CUDA Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭✭
    pmt. sent yesterday
  • Perhaps it is me being grumpy guy, but I have been thinking that we might be better off by bulk-refusing PSA's requests for added money for minor stars. It seems like a clear money grab. If we decline, they get nothing; not the added fee or the original grading fee. I understand if they have the policy they do for Wayne Gretzky, Sidney Crosby, etc., but some of these don't make much sense at all. None of this is meant to be a dig on Derrick, who absolutely does us all a service by running this, or really even PSA, who I understand to be running a business. I just think the proper "market response" might be to say no. What good will a $10 group sub be if they decide to up-charge for more and more folks?