Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

******** SECRET SANTA 2013 ******** MERRY CHRISTMAS! ********

Comments

• Options
    dytch2220dytch2220 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭
    Someone talk me out of opening this package early, lol. The temptation is getting to me. image
    The N8 Collection: PSA Registry Sets & Showcases
  • Options
    FrozencaribouFrozencaribou Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi guys,

Some years in the past we have held our CU Secret Santa opening on Christmas Eve after 5pm. I think that worked well for some of us with jam packed Christmas day schedules (ie young kids), especially for the showing off to the rest of the forum part of it. Just throwing it out there. I'm fine to wait too.

Nathanael
  • Options
    1980scollector1980scollector Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭
    My favorite part of the whole thing is seeing the scans of what others got for their collection.
    ** Working on the following sets-2013 Spectra Football Hall of Fame 50th Anniversary Autograph set, 2015 Spectra Football Illustrious Legends Autograph set, 2014-15 Hall of Fame Heroes autograph set. **
  • Options
    OP: All packages are received. See ssolars message above.
  • Options
    I think I'm going for a 12:01AM rip/opening.
  • Options
    JHS5120JHS5120 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭
    I believe everyone has received their Secret Santa present (if you haven't please contact me).

I know some people are too busy on Christmas to open and scan your gifts so you're free to open them early if you promise to share pics with the group image

Merry Christmas Eve everyone!
    My eBay Store =)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
  • Options
    tigerdeantigerdean Posts: 903 ✭✭✭
    Awesome job, thanks again for your hard work. I know I speak for everyone on just how much we appreciate the time you have put into this task. Happy Holidays to you and everyone else on the board.
  • Options

<< <i>Awesome job, thanks again for your hard work. I know I speak for everyone on just how much we appreciate the time you have put into this task. Happy Holidays to you and everyone else on the board. >>

Definitely appreciative of JHS5120 for taking this on. This is my first one so I'm pretty excited! Hope everyone gets something they'll cherish. image
  • Options
    lilmulelilmule Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭
    That's great that everything worked out, I'm excited to see what each person received and of course a Merry Christmas to everyone.
    Knotty Hobby Woodworks
    Vintage Rookies
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Well ... leaving to go to my parents for Christmas Eve Dinner in 30 minutes. When I get back later tonight I will be anxious to see if anyone posted yet.

I will wait until after midnight & then I will RIP AWAY and post!

Hoping that everyone gets items that they like!!!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    And the rippage begins:

My person found a sweet spot in time for my packs to open:I will just list the star power next to each pack

1982 Donruss: Star Power Lou Whitaker, George Brett Diamond King
    1982 Donruss: Steve Sax RC
    1982 Donruss: Willie Stargell
    1982 Donruss: Von Hayes RC, Fergie Jenkins, Tom Seaver/Johnny Bench Combo
    1982 Donruss: Nolan Ryan; Tommy John/Ron Guidry Combo Card
    1982 Donruss; Fred Lynn, there was a Bob Bonner card in these packs and I swear everytime I see that card I always think its Ripken's JR RC
    1982 Donruss: I can't even fake star power when Rick Leach RC is your best card
    1982 Donruss; Jim Ed Rice
    1982 Donruss: Carlton Fisk
    1982 Donruss; Pete Rose, There was also a Phil Garner Reversed Negative -- do you remember when that actually meant something.
    1982 Donruss: Steve Bedrosian RC; Tom Seaver/Johnny Bench Combo
    1982 Donruss Tim Raines, Steve Sax RC
    1982 Donruss:Whitey Herzog, Dwight Evans Diamond King. Billy Martin, Phil Niekro DK
    1982 Donruss: Best to even close to star power are Don Baylor (hey he won an MVP) and Dave Kingman
    1982 Donruss: Von Hayes RC, Carlton Fisk DK
    1982 Donruss: Robin Yount
    1982 Donruss: Ozzie Smith DK, Pete Rose/Mike Schmidt Combo Card, The Chicken RC (Remember the back said how you could mail away that card for an autograph)
    1982 Donruss: Phil Niekro Diamond King
    1982 Topps: Pete Rose
    1982 Topps: Really nothing at all when your best card is Clint Hurdle you can't say there was much in there
    1984 Donruss: Bruce Sutter and Al Oliver
    1984 Donruss: Living Legends: Garylord Perry/Rollie Fingers (important as this is one of the very first insert cards)
    1980 Topps: Reggie Jackson, Pete Rose HL, Lance Parrish

Well no homers but a nice time opening and lots of singles and doubles

rich
    Plano, Tx. Card Show #5, Sunday March 6, 2016 at Adat Chaverim (Northeast Corner Independence and Spring Creek) in Plano Tx 9Am to 4 PM. See you there!
  • Options
    EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭
    I'm posting tonight as well. My wife and I have Christmas Eve with my mom, Christmas Day with her family.

Here is my Secret Santa haul -

Some great New Orleans Jazz cards:

Two rack packs featuring two Mississippi State guys (I'm an LSU fan, but also an MSU grad... and fan) - Clark and Palmeiro. I think this Palmeiro was my favorite 1987 Topps!

Some Shaq cards:

Some odds and ends, featuring a great Archie Manning, and another Clark item. Interestingly, the Ray Guy doesn't fit any of my collecting interests that I mentioned, but a Ray Guy autograph is a card I've been searching for off and on for a while now. Problem solved!

Lastly, an 82 Topps cello, with NO Saint George Rogers on the back. I'm probably going to open this one.

Thanks Secret Santa!

As an aside, I thought now would be a good time to share another sports related Christmas gift I received. I'm a New Orleans Pelicans season ticket holder. A couple weeks ago, they sent out an email that the first 100 season ticket holders to reply would get a pregame autograph from a Pelicans player. Anthony Davis was hurt at the time, so I thought it might have been him.... but Greg Stiemsma was hurt, too - so I didn't want to get my hopes up. We were selected for the signing. We show up and it IS Anthony Davis!

I was able to get a rookie card and a jersey signed! This was a great Christmas gift for me!
    My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.
  • Options
    EchoCanyonEchoCanyon Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭
    It's 12:30 on the east coast (officially xmas). I just finished wrapping gifts and placing them under tree. I took a bite out of Santa's cookie, drank the milk, even chomped on a few carrots. Poured myself a drink and opened my Secret Santa gift!

A got an assortment of Mets stuff that I will keep forever:

• a PSA 9 Dwight Gooden
    • a Dwight Gooden prime patch
    • an autograpghed Dwight Gooden card
    • a David Wright chrome
    • a Keith Hernandez limited-edition figurine

And best of all, there was a note on some non-baseball cards.
    It read: I recall you have a daughter that likes Bieber. These cards are for her. (And it was a stack of Bieber cards)

A grand gesture from my Secret Santa, who is a winner in my book.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

• Options
    Merry Christmas all! 12:25AM here in South TX.

Santa got me a 1990 Bowman Tiffany #378 in PSA GEM MT 10 and an unopened 1988 Topps Football Cello, Bo Jackson on top. image

imageimage

I also did a private exchange with another collector friend and as a result of the new additions, I moved into rank 6 and will be very close to capturing the #5 spot on the Bo Jackson Master FB/BB registry.

imageimage
    imageimage

Hope everyone has a great time with their families tomorrow. Look forward to seeing many other posts by the time I wake up, hopefully including my Santee.

Nate

Edit: This puts me just 3 one-weighted PSA 10 cards away from 5th in the registry. image
  • Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I told Nathan (1980scollector) privately, it's clear he failed to receive the memo that I've pretty much sucked this entire year. In mid-December I received a BBCE package courtesy of him, and a week or so later he informed me that I'd be receiving yet another. The only stipulation was that I had to agree to rip the contents of #2. Now, I love me some enshrined unopened, but that's like asking me if I'll kindly eat the last piece of pecan pie; it practically happens before you finish your sentence.

Without further ado, the goods:

Package #1 - a FB cello run from '79-'84, sans '80. These absolutely, positively will not be ripped. The '80 wax packs? Well, that's a different story. Let's just say that there's still smoke from the destruction that took place about 30 minutes ago.

#2 - a second '79 cello in its once wholesome state. It then took about, oh, 3 minutes or so for...

...this to happen. If you're not going to get THE '79 Ozzie, you might as well get the OTHER one. And the dude on the right? I think I've heard of him before. image

Nathan, you're a gentleman and a scholar. You drilled my wheelhouse many times over, and words can't properly express my gratitude as a result. We're just slightly over an hour in here in Texas, but the rest of this Christmas day will be gravy due to your generosity and thoughtfulness. Thank you very much, my friend, and a very Merry Christmas to all!
  • Options
    bigdcardsbigdcards Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭
    Apparently Bo Knows Christmas. Santa, these are great! Thank You!

Edit to add that I actually have most of this set for the Boz but was somehow missing this card. It's a most welcomed addition.
    To bigdcards: "you are right" - cpamike "That is correct" -grote15
  • Options
    vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭
    So I ripped a few hours early, being on the west coast, but for the last 2 weeks I've sounded like Brad Pitt in 7. "What's in the box? Oh God, what's in the box." It had been sent from BBCE, so the suspense had been killing me.

Well, Merry Christmas!!! These fit beautifully into my unopened collection.

Very, Very Stoked on the 78 Cello, as I needed a graded pack for my run, preferred PSA slab, and love star tops, especially Molly/Trammell. And to top it off, a Manny Mota back, who was the first player I ever collected as a kid.

87 Fleer is a classic for me, as it was the most popular when I first started working at a card shop at 16. I have 2 Topps and 2 Donruss, but only 1 Fleer, so another welcomed addition.

Thank You Santa!!! With little guidance, you knocked it outta the park.

And to our organizer who ran a great game, that was tremendously fun on both sides...Thank You.

Merry Christmas.

52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • Options
    BenG76BenG76 Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭
    Got a nice bunch of Ryne Sandberg cards plus an unopened Cello pack with Payton on top. Plus some cash which was completely not needed. Thanks to my Secret Santa.

[URL=http://s1012.photobucket.com/user/BenG76_2010/media/PSA/2013CU-SS_zpse15e3bac.jpg.html]image[/URL]
  • Options
    cpettimdcpettimd Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭
    I received a bunch of PSA Aaron items to go in my master set plus a few nice raw Aaron oddballs. Thanks!
    Collecting Clemente master (#6) and basic PSA registry sets, Hank Aaron master and basic sets, Mantle oddball issues, 1970's mega decade HOFs, 1967 Topps pin ups, and high grade Topps Clemente and Aaron. Numerous transactions with over 100 board members.
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    Is that a 1970 photostamp? WOW!

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    No time to scan this morning, but wanted to say that I am very grateful to my Santa for the following:

PSA 9 1975 Topps Ron Santo
    PSA 10 Ticket from Greg Maddux's first start back in Chicago
    Sealed 1988 Topps Football cello pack with Bo Jackson on front and Dan Marino on back
  • Options
    HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!! A fantastic add to my Bob Feller collection! Thank you Secret Santa! Can't stop starring at it...

1939 Goudey Premiums R303-B. B&W

• Options
    DtyDty Posts: 310 ✭✭
    Merry Christmas to one and all.

Thank you to my Secret Santa for (2) Cello Football packs-

1987 Topps (R. Cunningham on back)

1984 Topps (D. Green on back)

Link to my eBay Store: http://stores.ebay.com/halftimecardsandcollectibles/

Unopened Boxes, Packs, Cards, and Tickets

Just send me a PM or email me for discount off eBay pricing. Thanks
  • Options
    mrmint23mrmint23 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭
    Thank you secret Santa. He was very creative and giving. Merry Christmas to everyone and thanks for organizing.

• Options
    pjb103183pjb103183 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭
    merry christmas everyone! dont have time for scans right now, just wanted to say my secret santa was absolutely awesome! i actually received 2 packages from santa, and the contents are as follows:

box 1 - (3) 1983 topps baseball grocery rack packs and a nice assortment of early to mid 80s nolan ryan cards...i am partial to 83'(my birth year) and the ryan express has and always will be my favorite baseball player...i will never forget being 10 years old and watching ol' nolan beat the sh*t out of robin ventura...ah, good memories image

box 2- santa went above and beyond with this one....as if the contents of box 1 wouldnt suffice(it was more than enough, btw), i received a second package in the mail...to my delight, i found a psa 9 1983 opc nolan ryan and a psa 8 1978 topps nolan ryan....thank you so much for the great gifts!

also a big thank you to jason for coordinating this event! hope we can do this for many years to come! merry christmas and a happy new year to all!

• Options
    1980scollector1980scollector Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭
    I will try to get a scan up today.

MY secret Santa got me from BBCE.

(1) 1987 Donruss wax Box ( I might bust this one tonight)
    (1) 1987 Fleer Wax Box

And a 1984 Donruss pack

These gifts meant a lot because each one was something that reminded me of my childhood.

I really appreciate these gifts. Thanks so much.
    ** Working on the following sets-2013 Spectra Football Hall of Fame 50th Anniversary Autograph set, 2015 Spectra Football Illustrious Legends Autograph set, 2014-15 Hall of Fame Heroes autograph set. **
  • Options
    JHS5120JHS5120 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭
    Well my Secret Santa went above and beyond the call. In my box were a dozen or so packs (which I immediately ripped). A 1981 cello, 1982 cello, 2 1985 racks a few early 80's wax packs and a couple sweet bowman chrome packs (nothing great was pulled, but still fun!).

I also had a 1980 Topps Cello Pack with Rickey Henderson on top waiting for me image

This was all too much. Thank you everyone for participating and thank you Santa for the gifts! image

I will get a few pics up by tonight. Thank you again!

My eBay Store =)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
  • Options
    The Airing of Grievances went far too long...

Obviously my Secret Santa missed my name on the naughty list!! I was blessed with a 1985 Topps Tony Dorsett PSA 10 and a 1961 Nu-Card Hank Aaron PSA 9, IT'S A FESTIVUS MIRACLE!!!!!!!
    Thanks a bunch Jason....GREAT JOB on the CU Secret Santa my friend image
    I NEED HANKS!!!
  • Options
    shu4040shu4040 Posts: 982 ✭✭✭
    Thanks secret Santa! I've been collecting last years big 3 nfl qbs; and these were some more nice additions! A cool Russell Wilson and rg3 jumbo patches, a luck numbered die cut card, and a bunch of base rookie and this years cards including the archive cards I'm a sucker for.

[URL=http://s653.photobucket.com/user/shu4040/media/C9996EF1-EE8D-46BA-8F08-CD2258ACF7CD_zps6jksouuv.jpg.html]image[/URL]
  • Options
    Thanks to my santa for some cool Cardinal cards. Just love the Mint 68 celebration card which will be a nice addition to my 68 set, didn't yet own a Stanky and this one is sweet. The Musial/Mays is a classic card I didn't yet own. Also, a Stu Miller auto & some addins. Thanks.
    image[/URL][/IMG]

image[/URL]=http://s782.photobucket.com/user/bubdean/media/20131225_112019.jpg.html]image[/URL][/IMG]
  • Options
    Here is the rest.

• Options
    OK ... let me take you thru my Secret Santa RECEIVING experience. This box arrived on November 25, 2013:

Man, it was hard waiting an entire month before I opened it. When I did, I saw THIS:

So the first thing I did was open the card:

Next thing I did was dig thru the peanuts and I saw THIS:

Just to let everyone know, when Jason asked for us to let him know what we collected, I responded with Mickey Mantle, Reggie Jackson, Tom Seaver and Unopened.

I opened the two packages and these were what I found:

Let's start off with the wax box. Hey Secret Santa, I was not really referring to 1988 Donruss, especially with there being only 23 packs ... and they were all friggin resealed!!!

OH, but wait ... hidden at the bottom were these goodies:
    A couple of Fleer packs:

Three Donruss packs from years I like!

And 4 Topps packs (Rickey Rookie? I'm going to open these tonight after my guests leave):

Thanks SECRET SANTA! Oh wait, that's right, there was that other box! When I opened it I saw:

So I obliged and opened it from the end Santa requested. There were some PSA cards. Here are the first two:

I am thinking Jason gave my Secret Santa the wrong info on what I collected, but it's the thought that counts. The next two cards were:

Well, WTF??? Nothing that I mentioned, but I guess my Secret Santa figured that since we are on a PSA Board that ANY PSA cards would be a nice Christmas present. As I said, it's the thought that counts.

Oh, and the next two. Hockey? Did I even remotely mention ANYTHING about collecting hockey?

There was another card behind these, so I might as well show it.

Next up ... man, I was blown away when I saw this one. My Secret Santa gave me some nice unopened to have fun with and he went over and above when I saw this!
    That's a Tiffany in a TEN! WOW! Thanks so much Secret Santa.

Thanks to Jason for his time and effort in putting this Secret Santa together. I enjoyed my present from MY SS. Oh, wait a minute ... what is this stuck behind the Seaver Tiffany?

ARE YOU FRIGGIN KIDDING ME????? You were supposed to get me a present for 2013 ... NOT for 2013, 2014 AND 2015. Guys, I can truly say that I got a bit sentimental when I saw this. NO WAY in the world did I EVER dream that someone would be so generous. I really don't know what to say. Ready?

SECRET SANTA ... you made this Long Island guy a VERY happy individual this Christmas Day. MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY and HEALTHY NEW YEAR!!!!!

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    lilmulelilmule Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭
    Doug that was awesome and very generous of the Santa.

My Secret Santa gave me a Topps run from 77 to 83 I was a kid again lol here are some scans of cards.

[URL=http://s121.photobucket.com/user/michaelh76/media/50301.jpg.html]image[/URL]
    [URL=http://s121.photobucket.com/user/michaelh76/media/50302.jpg.html]image[/URL]
    [URL=http://s121.photobucket.com/user/michaelh76/media/50303.jpg.html]image[/URL]

The 82 Carew looks like a winner, except the big bubble on top the card lol.

Merry Christmas everyone and Happy New Year

Mike
    Knotty Hobby Woodworks
    Vintage Rookies
  • Options
    jlzinckjlzinck Posts: 907 ✭✭
    SO I got mine a while ago and Santa individually wrapped the gifts.

Santa also sent a handwritten note saying basically...sorry for not getting the best santa as our interests don't match.

Now let me say that I do not join these to receive but to give and I see the member I sent to enjoyed his gift and this makes me happy.

So I opened mine and there were additions for fun and they will be fun when I open them. I must have bought 30 boxes of the Big cards when they came out!

Now I collect Boston teams and I got this rack with (2) 1 time Red Sox managers on the top and Ellis Burks on the bottom. Always liked Ellis because he hit on a girl I was dating in the late 80's. Good enough for a ML player to hit on and she was with me? Cool!!

Then there were these cards. He told me the non Boston item didn't fit but Mr Craig is a friend so he sent it to me and figured I could find a use for it.

As luck would have it I have a friend who is a 49ers collector. His online name is Catch87. I will be sending the Craig to him with other 9ers I have been putting aside!!
    Also have can you go wrong with the 1st ever Patriots Hall Of Famer

The last item had the most meaning to me. My Santa asked some question and did some searching and saw that in the spring/summer I was putting together all the award winners (ROY, MVP, AS and the like) from the year I was born (1965). I want, eventually to have everything in PSA 7 or better. I made a thread earlier this year but because of the failing health of my mother in law it got back burner treatment.

Here was my last item and the favorite of the group because it shows that my Santa put in effort for another person ad this is what I love about these exchanges.

Thank you very much Santa!!!!
  • Options
    yankeesmanyankeesman Posts: 945 ✭✭✭✭
    Finally back to the house and can post the goodies Santa sent! My Secret Santa sent:

A 1982 Police Don Mattingly rookie card! I did not have one of these so pumped to get a nice PSA 8 example:

And an A J McCarron autographed picture! A must for any Bama fan!

Also included was a very cool SCD with a Yankees dream picture on the front. Neat items all the way around. Thanks Santa!

Don Mattingly, Yogi Berra, Thurman Munson, Brian McCann and Topps Rookie Cup autograph collector
    www.questfortherookiecup.com
  • Options
    FrozencaribouFrozencaribou Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great posts so far. I'm impressed with the range of cards that have been given. I'm most impressed that Rickey Henderson emerged from one pack of 1980 Topps!

My secret Santa was amazing to me. I wasn't sure what to expect as there aren't many hockey guys on the forum, but unwrapping the gift and seeing a 1977-78 OPC pack made my day. I also got a 1984-85 OPC pack and a 1987 Topps hockey pack. Unfortunately I didn't hit any of the stars in any of the three packs but they were great to open.

That alone would have been perfect, but to top it off I also received a 1960 Parkhurst Doug Harvey and a 1911 C55 Jack Marshall. I needed the Harvey for my registry set My Harvey basic set and I've never owned a card from 1911 before, so that is really cool.

Thanks so much. It means a lot to me to get cards and packs on Christmas.

Sincerely,

Nathanael

• Options
    ssollarsssollars Posts: 932 ✭✭✭✭
    My secret Santa was spot on with my desired wants and also provided some history of a couple of the cards he sent. He also provided a little levity in the ongoing struggles of being a Browns fan over the last decade, or so!

First up are a few graded cards for my '72 set and some nice examples that may get cracked out for my raw '59 set.

Next up is some modern goodness (and a minty '81 Alzado) including the commentary of a couple of Browns QBs image

Frye was from my Alma mater and I had high hopes for him and really didn't think he was all that bad. Quinn on the other hand never impressed me much either.

Thanks Santa

Scott
  • Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, it looks like this years SS was a tremendous success. Great job Santas!
    Merry Christmas.
  • Options
    maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to say a big thank you to my Secret Santa. I received a multitude of PSA 10 Greg Maddux cards that truly blew me away. My Secret Santa was in tune with me as I have a love for O-Pee-Chee, the 1990 OPC PSA 10 took the cake!I will add pictures when I have the capabilities.
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    My SS did great!! Tons of great Ripken stuff, lots of which I don't own yet, and plenty of unopened goodies!! THANK YOU!! image

• Options
    CrazylegsCrazylegs Posts: 406 ✭✭✭
    Hope everyone had a great Holiday.

Would like to thank Santa's helper again for running this, hope Santa rewarded you
    for your effort.

My Santa was more than generous in filling my list. I'm still not home but wanted to
    share what I received. I had asked for anything Redskins, Senators or Bullets related
    as I am an "old" diehard fan. Santa floored me!

First up was a great PSA 8 1981 Topps of "the mouth that roared and the leg that broke"
    Joe Theismann (Rhymes with Heisman). Very Cool!

Next was a PSA 8.5 1966 Philadelphia Redskins team card. My Santa didn't know this but
    1966 was my first year going to a Skins game. Loved me some Jurgensen passing to Charley
    Taylor, Jerry Smith and Bobby Mitchell. Too bad Sam Huff and our "D" couldn't stop the
    other team from scoring. Almost like watching the Redskins Defense this year lol. Also the
    funny thing is where I lived my little Mom & Pop Shop only sold the Philly gum cards so
    those were the 1st football cards I collected. Great Card.

And speaking of Sonny. My 3rd card from Santa was an amazing 1971 PSA 8 (Super Clean Card)
    Jurgensen. Jurgy & Larry Brown were my 2 favorite players growing up so this was a perfect pick.
    I still say if Jurgensen hadn't been injured in 1972 The Dolphins wouldn't have gone undefeated that
    year. But hey that's my slightly biased opinioin!

So I'm thinking Santa did a great job and I am elated with my gifts when I realize I still have 1 more
    card to look at. I flip over the '71 Jurgensen to see what's behind it and I'm staring at an Eagles uniform.
    Now Being a diehard Redskins fan I am usually not real happy with any Eagles, Giants or Cowgirls cards
    and I'll even throw in the St. Louis Cardinals for good measure. But I recognized this Eagles pose immediately.
    It has a "No. 9" in the classic handing off the football pose.

That's right, my last card is a PSA 5 1958 "ROOKIE" of Sonny!!!!

I had to hold in a joyous "expletive or two" when I saw the card. My oldest son who was looking over my
    shoulder, (at his Grandma's house I might add), on the other hand was not able to hold his in lol.
    The card has "AMAZING" eye appeal. I couldn't believe it was a 5 when I first looked at it. Looks much nicer!
    The 1958 set has always been one of my favorites and the Jurgensen (Even if he was an Eagle) is a great "Classic".
    Let's just say that not too many Redskins fans minded that Norm Snead became an Eagle!

So again I would like to thank Santa for the very thoughtful gifts. It made "My Hobby" Christmas one of the BEST
    EVER.

Thanks again & Happy Holidays to all!

I will post scans when I get a chance.

Craig AKA "Crazylegs"
  • Options
    jboxjbox Posts: 408 ✭✭
    I want to thank my SS for the great gift! Ryan and Gwynn are two of my favorites. I'm a big fan of the Tiffany's as well! There was also a 1982 Ryan PSA 8 included. It's always nice to be a part of this exchange. Thanks a ton for your generosity Santa!!

PS Evidently there are two more items coming!!!

• Options
    It was sure fun reading this thread and seeing all the nice gifts people received. Hopefully the others will have time to show us what they received as well.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    thats a nice 1986 Gwynn!!
  • Options
    FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    My cards arrived a week ahead of time and were tough to keep closed. I got some great stuff for my Packer Collection and some adds for my 1972 set. Really really nice stuff but I left my friggin' phone at home with the pics so I will post tonight. Thanks Santa!
  • Options

<< <i>Wow, it looks like this years SS was a tremendous success. Great job Santas!
    Merry Christmas. >>

+1
  • Options
    goraidersgoraiders Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭

Sure would like to thank my SS this year,sorry no scans,away for holidays but heres what I got,

Plunkett auto helmet,Casper auto,Sweet Branch auto,T Flores rc.Woodson rc,Gamey-used patch cards of Allen,plunkett,lott,plunkett
    stabler,huff,seymour.And the best book Its only a bruise written by a team dr.in 80's,my the stories this guy tells!!
    Big thanks sir you really took time to get all this stuff,Happy Holidays.
    J.R.
    Needs'
    1972 Football-9's high#'s
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8
  • Options
    bziddybziddy Posts: 710 ✭✭✭
    ...Thanks for sharing all. I don't participate in the secret santa, but I always have fun watching what people got for each other, and reaffirms my belief that most of the people on this board are pretty darn good people.

I didn't get much in the way of collectibles under my tree, but my kid gor 19 unopened boxes of stuff, 2 complete sets + another 12-20 loose packs for Christmas. His room looks like someone dumped a couple 5k count boxes in it.
  • Options