Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

******** SECRET SANTA 2013 ******** MERRY CHRISTMAS! ********

Comments

• JHS5120JHS5120 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭
    I'm going to close this at noon tomorrow. Everyone should have their names PM'd by Monday @ 9PM (ish). That'll give everyone two weeks to find find and mail out a gift.

December 1 will remain the deadline. That was the deadline last year and no one had an issue.
    My eBay Store =)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
    Also, if you PM'd me, make sure your name is listed.

My eBay Store =)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
  • ROCKDJRWROCKDJRW Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Jason ... Thanks for stepping up and running the Secret Santa. I have a few comments/observations based on past Secret Santas that I would like to post. If you think I should delete them I will be more than happy to do so.

2. One of Jason's rules is "All gifts should be mailed no later than December 1st to ensure timely delivery for the holidays." PLEASE make sure you follow this rule. Anyone who joins is anxious to receive their gift ... be sure you send it out by 12/01/13.
    /q]

Dec 1 seems rather impossible. Let's all shoot for 12/15. >>

Not to rock the boat but I tend to agree with Echocanyon on this one. Since 90% of these gifts will be purchased online that doesn't leave a lot of time to win and receive the gifts. Even less if you factor in the holiday next week. It limits our purchases to BIN junk on ebay rather then trying to win items or track down more desirable items. Either way i'm in but as long as its under the tree well before Christmas I think we should relax the Dec. 1st rule. I know that was the rule in the past but I'm sure many (including myself and my Santa) sent afterwards with no issues. Just a thought...
    Collect Ozzie Guillen Cards
    Unique Chicago Cards
    Wrestling Cards

<< <i>Not to rock the boat but I tend to agree with Echocanyon on this one. Since 90% of these gifts will be purchased online that doesn't leave a lot of time to win and receive the gifts. Even less if you factor in the holiday next week. It limits our purchases to BIN junk on ebay rather then trying to win items or track down more desirable items. Either way i'm in but as long as its under the tree well before Christmas I think we should relax the Dec. 1st rule. I know that was the rule in the past but I'm sure many (including myself and my Santa) sent afterwards with no issues. Just a thought... >>

I hadn't considered Thanksgiving week. I would like everyone to shoot for the 1st, but if you cannot stick to that deadline, try your best to get it out asap. Everyone will have a name by tonight which will leave you a week to find, bid and win and a week to receive.
    My eBay Store =)

• Since December 1st is a Sunday, we can treat it like Tax Day and give everyone until December 2nd at midnight. Will the post office have late hours to accommodate us? image
  • 1980scollector1980scollector Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭
    Anybody excited to see who they get?

I love getting someone with similar interests.

** Working on the following sets-2013 Spectra Football Hall of Fame 50th Anniversary Autograph set, 2015 Spectra Football Illustrious Legends Autograph set, 2014-15 Hall of Fame Heroes autograph set. **
  • I'm still new at this, so I am waiting for the next set of instructions.
  • BenG76BenG76 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to this. I had fun with it last year.
    All of the names have been sent. Let me know if there is an issue or you have not received a person.

Good luck hunting!

Remember, try for December 1st!
    My eBay Store =)

• bziddybziddy Posts: 710 ✭✭✭
    I don't participate in the Confidential Kringle, but this is always one of my favorite threads of the year. The generosity of the group here continues to blow my mind year after year. I will participate vicariously after watching what everyone gets.
  • My items have been pulled and are ready to go to my shippers. I have alerted the organizer of one little issue but I should be able to research that one.

Rich
    Plano, Tx. Card Show #5, Sunday March 6, 2016 at Adat Chaverim (Northeast Corner Independence and Spring Creek) in Plano Tx 9Am to 4 PM. See you there!
  • dytch2220dytch2220 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭
    Shipped!
    The N8 Collection: PSA Registry Sets & Showcases
  • EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭
    I'm waiting for a couple of things to show up, but I'll be shipping this weekend.

I was fortunate that I happened to have a lot of stuff that met my recipient's wish list already (somewhere) in my collection.

A little sneak preview:

I must admit, I love doing this every year. It's great to give, but I also really enjoy just searching for things that are outside of my normal collecting focus.

Thanks so much for putting this together and Merry WhateverItIsYouCelebrate!
    My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.
  • lilmulelilmule Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭
    My package has been sent.
    Knotty Hobby Woodworks
    Vintage Rookies
  • totallyraddtotallyradd Posts: 931 ✭✭✭
    The last of my purchases were made this morning. Mine will go out early next week.
  • BenG76BenG76 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭
    Sending mine out this morning.
  • eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭
    Package sent. Thanks again for setting up
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • or246or246 Posts: 110 ✭✭✭
    Package has been shipped.
    Currently working on 1970 Topps Hockey PSA 9 set
    *********IMPORTANT UPDATE***********

I have been receiving many PMs with tracking information and status'. Thank you. Please respond in the thread when you ship your item (so I can update the first post). I have updated everything as of 11/30 SO CHECK THE FIRST PAGE and let me know ASAP if I missed something. Any member who has not shipped (or expressed when they will ship) by 12/5 will receive a PM from me requesting a status update. Any member who does not reply or ship by 12/9 will receive another PM and an email. I want everything out by 12/7 at the latest. I will try to make sure everyone keeps active with this. If for some reason you feel you will not make that deadline let me know.

Thank you,
    Jason

SECRET SANTA SCHEDULE

12/5 - First PM requesting a status update if not shipped
    12/7 - Shipping deadline
    12/9 - Second PM requesting status update if still not shipped
    12/14 - First PM requesting tracking information if packages have not been received.
    12/17 - Second PM requesting tracking information if packages have still not been received.
    12/24 - I will come and knock on your door and pick up the package in person.
    12/25 - Commence rippage.
    My eBay Store =)

• uyu906uyu906 Posts: 276 ✭✭
    My package was shipped on 11/29.

I also received my secret santa package on 11/29.

Thanks!
    Looking to trade for, or purchase, raw or graded vintage for my baseball sets: 1927 York Caramel, 1951 Bowman, 1957 Topps, 1967-1979.
    http://richsbaseball.webs.com
  • FrozencaribouFrozencaribou Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My package was shipped today, 11/30.
  • oh ok. I shipped mine about a week ago.
  • galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine is off to the races as of yesterday...

you'll never be able to outrun a bad diet

• As promised, package dropped off at shipper's today -- I will follow up with email in next day or so to confirm shipping. As a note only two people have a key to his office (him and me) so the items are safe there.

Please note this box will have an return address of Pro Look from Allen, Texas

I also received a package from Michael Duncan and since I'm in several SS's if MD is from this board we will note this as received, if not I'll update with next package received.

Rich
    Plano, Tx. Card Show #5, Sunday March 6, 2016 at Adat Chaverim (Northeast Corner Independence and Spring Creek) in Plano Tx 9Am to 4 PM. See you there!
  • ssollarsssollars Posts: 933 ✭✭✭✭
    Mine will be sent sometime after this week, although it won't be Monday or Tuesday, I'm not going anywhere near the post office those two days following black Friday weekend! I was even warned by my postman last week when I went to pick up a package image

Scott
  • yankeesmanyankeesman Posts: 963 ✭✭✭✭
    Package went out today! Thanks again for setting this up!

Nathan
    Don Mattingly, Yogi Berra, Thurman Munson, Brian McCann and Topps Rookie Cup autograph collector
    www.questfortherookiecup.com
  • EstilEstil Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget to say "DOES NOT SUCK" for everyone who shipped their present...it's kinda a cute tradition you know. image
    WISHLIST
    D's: 54S,53P,50P,49S,45D+S,44S,43D,41S,40D+S,39D+S,38D+S,37D+S,36S,35D+S,all 16-34's
    Q's: 52S,47S,46S,40S,39S,38S,37D+S,36D+S,35D,34D,32D+S
    74T: 37,38,47,151,193,241,435,570,610,654,655 97 Finest silver: 115,135,139,145,310
    73T:31,55,61,62,63,64,65,66,67,68,80,152,165,189,213,235,237,257,341,344,377,379,390,422,433,453,480,497,545,554,563,580,606,613,630
    95 Ultra GM Sets: Golden Prospects,HR Kings,On-Base Leaders,Power Plus,RBI Kings,Rising Stars
  • vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭
    Package in FedEx bin now. Will ship tonite via 3-Day.
    52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • OriolesOrioles Posts: 312 ✭✭✭
    I shipped my package today.
  • or246or246 Posts: 110 ✭✭✭
    My package was received today, thanks Santa!!!! Looking forward to Christmas day!!!
    Currently working on 1970 Topps Hockey PSA 9 set
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Are you guys letting Jason know when you RECEIVE your gift?
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • mrmint23mrmint23 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭
    Received my SS Cu gift and will be placing my gift in the mail today.

Thanks
  • pjb103183pjb103183 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭
    i received my ss package on saturday! looking foward to christmas! i will be making a trip to the post office later today to mail out my gift and will make note on here when it has shipped...jason, do you need me to send you a tracking # ?

<< <i>i received my ss package on saturday! looking foward to christmas! i will be making a trip to the post office later today to mail out my gift and will make note on here when it has shipped...jason, do you need me to send you a tracking # ? >>

PJB ... right now it looks like you are OK regarding the tracking number. Here is Jason's timeline from an earlier post:

SECRET SANTA SCHEDULE
    12/5 - First PM requesting a status update if not shipped
    12/7 - Shipping deadline
    12/9 - Second PM requesting status update if still not shipped
    12/14 - First PM requesting tracking information if packages have not been received.
    12/17 - Second PM requesting tracking information if packages have still not been received.
    12/24 - I will come and knock on your door and pick up the package in person.
    12/25 - Commence rippage.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • goraidersgoraiders Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭

image Package made its way outta sunny Fl.today.
    J.R.
    Needs'
    1972 Football-9's high#'s
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8
  • CrazylegsCrazylegs Posts: 406 ✭✭✭
    Shipped 12/2

Thanks again
    Craig AKA "Crazylegs"
  • bigdcardsbigdcards Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭
    Mine is finally shipped and I received mine. I also cleared a little space right in the middle of a nonsport shelf to make room for my new box. : )

To bigdcards: "you are right" - cpamike "That is correct" -grote15
    Mine is finally shipped and I received mine. I also cleared a little space right in the middle of a nonsport shelf to make room for my new box. : )
    So do you think the contents of that box will remain on that shelf or moved to your sport shelf? You will know 3 weeks from today!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Everything should be updated. Please let me know if I am missing something.
    Thanks,
    Jason
    My eBay Store =)

• uyu906uyu906 Posts: 276 ✭✭
    I have received mine. Thanks Santa!
    Looking to trade for, or purchase, raw or graded vintage for my baseball sets: 1927 York Caramel, 1951 Bowman, 1957 Topps, 1967-1979.
    http://richsbaseball.webs.com
  • pjb103183pjb103183 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭
    my gift shipped today and should be received on sat., 12/7
  • 1980scollector1980scollector Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭
    My pacakage arrived today and is under the tree. Thanks Santa!
    ** Working on the following sets-2013 Spectra Football Hall of Fame 50th Anniversary Autograph set, 2015 Spectra Football Illustrious Legends Autograph set, 2014-15 Hall of Fame Heroes autograph set. **
  • DtyDty Posts: 310 ✭✭
    I received my gift....THANK YOU!

My gift was sent today, priority mail to be delivered Saturday Dec. 7th.

Merry Christmas Everybody!

Link to my eBay Store: http://stores.ebay.com/halftimecardsandcollectibles/

Unopened Boxes, Packs, Cards, and Tickets

Just send me a PM or email me for discount off eBay pricing. Thanks
  • vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭
    Package I sent has been delivered.

12/05/2013 - Thursday
    3:12 pm Delivered MA
    Left at front door. Package delivered to recipient address - release authorized

Merry Christmas!
    52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭
    mine was shipped today with tracking

merry christmas
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• yankeesmanyankeesman Posts: 963 ✭✭✭✭
    Received my Secret Santa gift today. Thanks Santa!
    Don Mattingly, Yogi Berra, Thurman Munson, Brian McCann and Topps Rookie Cup autograph collector
    www.questfortherookiecup.com
  • Somehow this never got posted earlier.

My Beckett Secret Santa has received my cards (saw the photos on lne) - and why they opened the package NOW is shocking to me.

You would think everyone would wait -- and follow those rules about waiting till the 24h.

Anyway, I feel comfortable my package was shipped and will keep watching for future developements.

Rich
    I got home from work and crashed. I never sent out the updat requests. They will go out today with an updated sent/received list.

Only a few more days!
    My eBay Store =)

• FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    My Ebay seller is the slowest shipper EVER. Nine days so far. If it is longer I will send out two shipments. GRRRRR
  • totallyraddtotallyradd Posts: 931 ✭✭✭
    FavreFan, is yer shipper 4 Sharp Corners? I've been waiting over a week...I'm gonna get on em on Monday if I don't receive it by then.