Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

******** SECRET SANTA 2013 ******** MERRY CHRISTMAS! ********

Let's have a ANOTHER great Secret santa exchange this year!

Secret santa Guidelines:

Each Secret santa will send a gift valued at $25 or greater to their assigned “Secret santa”. Please wrap your gift in seasonal wrapping paper and add the words “PSA Secret santa” to the outside of your package. All gifts should be mailed no later than December 1st to ensure timely delivery for the holidays. Please do not open your gift prior to December 24th. Participation Deadline is November 18th.

This is open to all CU members who have had at least 50 post OR have been here more than 6 months OR have already participated in a group rip/sub.

If you would like to “give and receive” sports related items this holiday season, please PM the following information:

User Name
Real Name
Mailing Address
E-mail Address
Sports related items you’re able to Give
Sports related items you’d like to Receive

An important note: you need to be willing to go out and get the items on your person's "want list". This is a time of giving. If you're questioning the value of the lot you're sending then you're doing it wrong. Send enough to make yourself, your recipient and all the other members feel how special this time of year is! image

SECRET SANTAS

1. JHS5120 - Confirmed - Shipped - RECEIVED
2. Sabrgeek - Confirmed - Shipped - RECEIVED
3. FavreFan1971 - Confirmed - Shipped - RECEIVED
4. totallyradd - Confirmed - Shipped - RECEIVED
5. jeffcbay - Confirmed - Shipped - RECEIVED
6. Crazylegs - Confirmed - Shipped - RECEIVED
7. Dboneesq - Confirmed - Shipped - RECEIVED
8. galaxy27 - Confirmed - Shipped - RECEIVED
9. ROCKDJRW - Confirmed - Shipped - RECEIVED
10. goraiders - Confirmed - Shipped - RECEIVED
11. Guru - Confirmed - Shipped - RECIEVED
12. tigerdean - Confirmed - Shipped - RECEIVED
13. Dty - Confirmed - Shipped - RECEIVED
14. vintagefun - Confirmed - Shipped - RECEIVED
15. jbox - Confirmed - Shipped - RECEIVED
16. abcoltsfan - Confirmed - Shipped - RECEIVED
17. 1980scollector - Confirmed - Shipped - RECEIVED
18. coachnip13 - Confirmed - Shipped - RECEIVED
19. yankeesman - Confirmed - Shipped - RECEIVED
20. maddux69 - Confirmed - Shipped - RECEIVED
21. mygotta - Confirmed - Shipped - RECEIVED
22. ssollars - Confirmed - Shipped - RECEIVED
23. lilmule - Confirmed - Shipped - RECEIVED
24. bigdcards - Confirmed - Shipped - RECEIVED
25. Frozencaribou - Confirmed - Shipped - RECEIVED
26. uyu906 - Confirmed - Shipped - RECEIVED
27. baseballfan - Confirmed - Shipped - RECEIVED
28. or246 - Confirmed - Shipped - RECEIVED
29. pjb103183 - Confirmed - Shipped - RECEIVED
30. cpettimd - Confirmed - Shipped - RECEIVED
31. EAsports - Confirmed - Shipped - RECEIVED
32. Orioles - Confirmed - Shipped - RECEIVED
33. dytch2220 - Confirmed - Shipped - RECEIVED
34. HAMMERFAN44 - Confirmed - Shipped - RECEIVED
35. mrmint23 - Confirmed - Shipped - RECEIVED
36. shu4040 - Confirmed - Shipped - RECEIVED
37. eagles33 - Confirmed - Shipped - RECEIVED
38. jlzinck - Confirmed - Shipped - RECEIVED
39. BenG76 - Confirmed - Shipped - RECEIVED
40. EchoCanyon - Confirmed - Shipped - RECEIVED

My eBay Store =)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss

Comments

• Options
    PM Sent -- have done this the past few years so post count should be OK if not I've been here for several years image
    Plano, Tx. Card Show #5, Sunday March 6, 2016 at Adat Chaverim (Northeast Corner Independence and Spring Creek) in Plano Tx 9Am to 4 PM. See you there!
  • Options
    FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    In
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Jason ... Thanks for stepping up and running the Secret Santa. I have a few comments/observations based on past Secret Santas that I would like to post. If you think I should delete them I will be more than happy to do so.

1. If you join ... MAKE SURE YOU SEND YOUR GIFT! It amazes me that some people actually never followed thru and their recipient received NOTHING! (Although the other boards members stepped up and many sent cards to that one person ... who wound up with a real nice gift.)

2. One of Jason's rules is "All gifts should be mailed no later than December 1st to ensure timely delivery for the holidays." PLEASE make sure you follow this rule. Anyone who joins is anxious to receive their gift ... be sure you send it out by 12/01/13.

3. Another one of the rules is "Each Secret Santa will send a gift valued at $25 or greater to their assigned “Secret Santa”. For you newcomers, take a look at past Secret Santa threads. While $25.00 is a minimum, most people wind up sending a lot more than that. You would be quite surprised at some of the past gifts ... some even reaching $200.00+. (No, I am not saying you should send this much.)

4. Remember, the gift you send should NOT be JUNK that you are looking to get rid of. Always ask yourself if you would be happy receiving what you are going to send. And let's remember one other thing ... Sending 25 cards that are valued at $1.00 each ... or 50 cards valued at 50 cents each is not what people are anxious to receive.

NOW LET'S HAVE FUN!

COUNT ME IN JASON!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    JHS5120JHS5120 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Jason ... Thanks for stepping up and running the Secret Santa. I have a few comments/observations based on past Secret Santas that I would like to post. If you think I should delete them I will be more than happy to do so.

1. If you join ... MAKE SURE YOU SEND YOUR GIFT! It amazes me that some people actually never followed thru and their recipient received NOTHING! (Although the other boards members stepped up and many sent cards to that one person ... who wound up with a real nice gift.)

2. One of Jason's rules is "All gifts should be mailed no later than December 1st to ensure timely delivery for the holidays." PLEASE make sure you follow this rule. Anyone who joins is anxious to receive their gift ... be sure you send it out by 12/01/13.

3. Another one of the rules is "Each Secret Santa will send a gift valued at $25 or greater to their assigned “Secret Santa”. For you newcomers, take a look at past Secret Santa threads. While $25.00 is a minimum, most people wind up sending a lot more than that. You would be quite surprised at some of the past gifts ... some even reaching $200.00+. (No, I am not saying you should send this much.)

4. Remember, the gift you send should NOT be JUNK that you are looking to get rid of. Always ask yourself if you would be happy receiving what you are going to send. And let's remember one other thing ... Sending 25 cards that are valued at $1.00 each ... or 50 cards valued at 50 cents each is not what people are anxious to receive.

NOW LET'S HAVE FUN!

COUNT ME IN JASON! >>

Hey Doug!

Fantastic post, I agree with every bit of it. You're not out of line at all; that is why I added the new participation "rules". This is the season of giving! Let's all give plenty and we will all receive plenty!

Jason
    My eBay Store =)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    In, PM Sent. Thank you for setting this up!
  • Options
    CrazylegsCrazylegs Posts: 406 ✭✭✭
    I'm in again.

Thanks for taking this on.

Ho, Ho, Ho!!
    Craig AKA "Crazylegs"
  • Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely in this year. Thanks for stepping up to the plate, Jason.
  • Options
    ROCKDJRWROCKDJRW Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭
    In and PM sent. Thanks Jason.
    Collect Ozzie Guillen Cards
    Unique Chicago Cards
    Wrestling Cards
  • Options
    goraidersgoraiders Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭

In for another roundimage
    J.R.
    Needs'
    1972 Football-9's high#'s
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8
  • Options
    abcoltsfanabcoltsfan Posts: 802 ✭✭✭
    I am in again. It was fun last year. Thanks for setting this up. PM coming shortly.

Working on the following sets
    1980's and 1990's Topps Baseball BBCE FASC - Cello or Wax Boxes
    1952 Bowman US Presidents PSA 7 & up
    Pro Football Hall of Fame Indianapolis Colts PSA Registry Set
    June 9th Cubs full ticket or stubs - 1981 to 2020
    Andre Dawson Topps Basic registry PSA 10's
    Mark Grace Topps Basic registry PSA 10's

• Options
    uyu906uyu906 Posts: 276 ✭✭
    Count me in.
    Looking to trade for, or purchase, raw or graded vintage for my baseball sets: 1927 York Caramel, 1951 Bowman, 1957 Topps, 1967-1979.
    http://richsbaseball.webs.com
  • Options
    I'm in...PM sent. Thanks for doing this.
  • Options
    DtyDty Posts: 310 ✭✭
    I'm in. PM sent with information.

Thanks.

dty
    Link to my eBay Store: http://stores.ebay.com/halftimecardsandcollectibles/

Unopened Boxes, Packs, Cards, and Tickets

Just send me a PM or email me for discount off eBay pricing. Thanks
  • Options
    vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭
    Last year's gifts were stellar. I wanna play Santa too.

PM Sent.
    52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • Options
    1980scollector1980scollector Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭
    I am in again.
    ** Working on the following sets-2013 Spectra Football Hall of Fame 50th Anniversary Autograph set, 2015 Spectra Football Illustrious Legends Autograph set, 2014-15 Hall of Fame Heroes autograph set. **
  • Options
    PM Sent.

Looking forward to my first time. Hope to make someone's day.
  • Options
    maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    I am also in. PM sent.
  • Options
    ssollarsssollars Posts: 932 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm in, PM sent!
  • Options
    lilmulelilmule Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭
    PM sent your way
    Knotty Hobby Woodworks
    Vintage Rookies
  • Options
    pm sent
    Looking to trade for, or purchase, raw or graded vintage for my baseball sets: 1927 York Caramel, 1951 Bowman, 1957 Topps, 1967-1979.
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    im in thanks for doing it

fred
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Jason ... Thanks for stepping up and running the Secret Santa. I have a few comments/observations based on past Secret Santas that I would like to post. If you think I should delete them I will be more than happy to do so.

NOW LET'S HAVE FUN!

COUNT ME IN JASON! >>

by the way
    doug very true on #4 i have been on the receiving end of 25 or so mid grade common baseball cards but i would rather give then receive when possible anyway.

one of my favorite times of year on the boards
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    totallyraddtotallyradd Posts: 928 ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty excited to get in on this. I love buying gifts for people around the holidays, but I've never been fortunate enough to have any other card/memorabilia collectors to buy for. Can't wait to see who I get!

Corey
  • Options
    or246or246 Posts: 108 ✭✭✭
    PM sent.
    Currently working on 1970 Topps Hockey PSA 9 set
  • Options
    The thread has been updated! We have seen such a great turn out so far, keep it up guys!
    My eBay Store =)

• Options
    pjb103183pjb103183 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭
    pm sent
  • Options
    EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭
    I'm in.
    My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.
  • Options
    OriolesOrioles Posts: 312 ✭✭✭
    i'm in. PM sent
  • Options
    dytch2220dytch2220 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭
    The Doctor is IN. image
    The N8 Collection: PSA Registry Sets & Showcases
  • Options
    Updated! let me know if I'm missing anyone!
    My eBay Store =)

• Options
    yankeesmanyankeesman Posts: 945 ✭✭✭✭
    PM Sent! One of the things I look forward to each year as no one in my family really "gets it" on the collection so this is a fun Christmas anticipation for me.
    Don Mattingly, Yogi Berra, Thurman Munson, Brian McCann and Topps Rookie Cup autograph collector
    www.questfortherookiecup.com
  • Options

<< <i>PM Sent! One of the things I look forward to each year as no one in my family really "gets it" on the collection so this is a fun Christmas anticipation for me. >>

For most of us, I don't think too many family members "get it".
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    TTT!
    My eBay Store =)

• Options
    One more week to join!
    My eBay Store =)

• Options
    A quick question: Does anyone mind if I participate? I will need to PM someone my info and want list so it might ruin the fun that member. Does anyone care? I'm seeing all of these want lists and I'm dying to gift a card image
    My eBay Store =)

• Options
    yankeesmanyankeesman Posts: 945 ✭✭✭✭
    I definitely think you should participate and I'd be willing to be the one you sent your info to as well. The fun for me is in searching for want list items for folks.
    Don Mattingly, Yogi Berra, Thurman Munson, Brian McCann and Topps Rookie Cup autograph collector
    www.questfortherookiecup.com
  • Options
    maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>A quick question: Does anyone mind if I participate? I will need to PM someone my info and want list so it might ruin the fun that member. Does anyone care? I'm seeing all of these want lists and I'm dying to gift a card image >>

Absolutely you should participate!
  • Options

<< <i>PM Sent! One of the things I look forward to each year as no one in my family really "gets it" on the collection so this is a fun Christmas anticipation for me. >>

Yeah, ditto. I always get asked, "Are you going to sell that and make some money?"

If anything Bill Mastro said was correct, it's that all of us are a bit of a nut when it comes to cards. All of us have bitten by the bug.
  • Options
    The people have spoken! Haha thanks, it was a question asked by another member so I wanted to make sure no one minded. image
    My eBay Store =)

• Options
    Of COURSE you have to participate!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    bump
  • Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭
    I'm in. Thanks again toy secret Santa from last year who went way way above and beyond!
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options
    I'm in. Sent info.

I started the one on Blowoutcards Forums because of this one.

Jon
  • Options
    ttt
    My eBay Store =)

• Options
    Closing Monday
    My eBay Store =)

• Options
    EchoCanyonEchoCanyon Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭
    Sign me up
  • Options
    BenG76BenG76 Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭
    I am in. PM sent. I enjoyed doing this last year.
  • Options
    Ben is the 40th member to join in the festivities. That's a good amount of participants!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    EchoCanyonEchoCanyon Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭

/q]

Dec 1 seems rather impossible. Let's all shoot for 12/15.