Home Sports Talk
Options

Romo shows his true colors....yet again!

Comments

• Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>stown, how do you define "winning this thread"? >>

Well, his thread currently has 350+ posts, y'all have come up with every Romo stat possible, and some have resorted to berating DIMEMAN into submission. Even after all of that, he still hasn't changed his opinion. galaxy27 put it best and justified or not, the perception will not change until Romo wins games in January.

Until then, Romo is nothing but a glorified Matt Schaub.

image ( <- that indicates the last part was sarcasm, fyi)
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    lightningboylightningboy Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭
    the perception will not change until Romo wins games in January.

Stown, by "winning games in January", I'm assuming you are talking about the Super Bowl, or at least making deep playoff runs. If that is what you consider a glorified Schaub, then once again, you are grouping Fouts and to a slightly lesser extent Marino into this category.
    I agree that Winning a Super Bowl or making several nice playoff runs would greatly enhance Romo's resume. But, my singular point all along has been that the weakest link of the Dallas Cowboys during Romo's time has been the defense not the quarterbacking. The same could be said about most of Marino's years and definitely Fouts' years.

DIMEMAN, I agree with your point that there are many things wrong with Dallas right now, although individual talent really isn't one of them. However, you can't say the guy doesn't win in "crunch time" while disregarding "4th quarter comeback crap". That is pretty much the definition of "crunch time"

• Options

<< <i>the perception will not change until Romo wins games in January.

Stown, by "winning games in January", I'm assuming you are talking about the Super Bowl, or at least making deep playoff runs. If that is what you consider a glorified Schaub, then once again, you are grouping Fouts and to a slightly lesser extent Marino into this category.
    I agree that Winning a Super Bowl or making several nice playoff runs would greatly enhance Romo's resume. But, my singular point all along has been that the weakest link of the Dallas Cowboys during Romo's time has been the defense not the quarterbacking. The same could be said about most of Marino's years and definitely Fouts' years. >>

Not just winning playoff games or Super Bowls but games that get you into the playoffs as well. I know it's chicken and the egg but Romo has historically made game deciding mistakes in December/January. Until he turns it around, regardless if it's deserving or not, the perception will not change, especially from people like DIMEMAN.

I'm not saying the same about Marino and Fouts. Even without the rings, they were HOF quarterbacks. As I've said before, winning playoff games and rings does help a resume but at the same time, doesn't hurt not having them as well. If Romo retires today, the only way he gets into the HOF is by purchasing a ticket.

My comparison with Schaub is in the same ballpark. Both have plenty of yards, TDs, high QB ratings, same number of playoff victories, and even come back wins (Schaub has 14). They also don't have the leadership qualities that, IMO, put them in the elite class. It's the "IT" factor, which I'll gladly admit is subjective because you cannot put a number on it.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    I'm not saying the same about Marino and Fouts. Even without the rings, they were HOF quarterbacks

I agree with you 100% that Fouts and Marino are HOF quarterbacks. But without the rings, it truly was there incredible statistics that put them in.

Marino was a rare quarterback. Even without winning the big one, he was arguably the best quarterback in the NFL for a 10+ year period. But Fouts, had a career winning record of 2 games over .500, he threw only 12 more td's than ints, and completed less than 59% of his passes. When Romo is finished he will certainly have more career yardage (that will happen in 3 - 4 years), already has almost 200 td's with a 2-1 ratio to interceptions, has completed over 64% of his passes and has won about 60% of his games. If Fouts gets in based on his numbers which is really what he has, then why wouldn't Romo?
  • Options

<< <i>If Fouts gets in based on his numbers which is really what he has, then why wouldn't Romo? >>

Different eras. Fouts puts up those numbers today and he doesn't get in.

As a random side note regarding SB wins and elite-ness: Even though Eli and Flacco both have rings, I don't consider either of them elite.
  • Options
    Different eras. Fouts puts up those numbers today and he doesn't get in

I agree with you on the different eras. What about a guy like Warren Moon who was elected on his 1st or 2nd ballot? Once again, largely got in because of his ridiculous numbers. Numbers that I believe Romo has a good chance at eclipsing.

I appreciate your objectivity. However, whether spoken or not, the argument against Romo being elite or HOF worthy, seems to fall back on his winning. Statistically, he has a chance to rank in the top 5-7 quarterbacks of all time at his current pace. Regardless of the era, you dont think he has a shot at making it into the Hall without paying?
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, Fouts put up his numbers in a totally different era. Back then, 3000 yards was a big number - and he put up 3500 year after year. And his TD/INT ratio is skewed by his awful numbers early on when he was a young QB and didn't know what he was doing, LOL.
  • Options
    1985fan1985fan Posts: 1,952 ✭✭
    Romo already has over 28,000 yards passing (good for 49th all time), 198 TDs (38th), and holds the 4th all time passer rating.

Assuming he has 5 good years left (he's 32 now), averaging 4,000 yards passing and 20 TDs a year, that will put him over 50,000 passing yards (top 10) and over 300 passing TDs (top 10 as well).

With those numbers, even if he doesn't win another playoff game, he's a no-doubt, sure-fire, first ballot hall of famer.
  • Options
    And his TD/INT ratio is skewed by his awful numbers early on when he was a young QB and didn't know what he was doing

The three years that he passed for over 4000 yards, in the middle of his career, he threw 65 interceptions.
  • Options

<< <i>Different eras. Fouts puts up those numbers today and he doesn't get in

I agree with you on the different eras. What about a guy like Warren Moon who was elected on his 1st or 2nd ballot? Once again, largely got in because of his ridiculous numbers. Numbers that I believe Romo has a good chance at eclipsing. >>

I'm extremely biased when it comes to Moon but he did more than put up gaudy numbers in the NFL to make the HOF. He was a trailblazer for African American QBs along with a subtle hat tip for his 25,000ish yards and 5 Grey Cups in the CFL.

<< <i>I appreciate your objectivity. However, whether spoken or not, the argument against Romo being elite or HOF worthy, seems to fall back on his winning. Statistically, he has a chance to rank in the top 5-7 quarterbacks of all time at his current pace. Regardless of the era, you dont think he has a shot at making it into the Hall without paying? >>

Who knows what happens going forward. I do know if their careers ended today, Manning, Brady, and Brees are in while Romo buys a ticket. However, IF he continues at this pace and the team continues to play around .500, he'll probably be considered for the HOF. There's a lot of politics behind the scenes of getting elected and I seriously doubt he'll have many supporters in his corner. 4th or 5th try, maybe but doubtful...
  • Options
    Who knows what happens going forward. I do know if their careers ended today, Manning, Brady, and Brees are in while Romo buys a ticket. However, IF he continues at this pace and the team continues to play around .500, he'll probably be considered for the HOF.

Stown - I agree with you on that, all of that. Thanks for bringing some intelligent objectivity to this thread.image
  • Options
  • Options
    Happy for Romo that he got a big win on the road today.

Defense also played well. Uhhh except for 2 defenders with their hands on their hips let the Giants TE get up from the ground and walk into the end zone untouchedimage

But, all is well that ends well.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The lone INT was Bryant's fault, too. I think we can finally put to rest the misguided notion that Romo is not an above average NFL QB.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Romo shows his true colors....yet again! >>

If the color you're referring to is gold.....then I agree.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tony did good today, but he needs a lot more "thata boys" to wipe out all the "ah $hits" he has had in his brilliant career.image
  • Options
    Tony did good today, but he needs a lot more "thata boys" to wipe out all the "ah $hits" he has had in his brilliant career.

Holy crap DIMEMAN, I thought you would lie in hiding this week since Romo had another big win. But you crawl out from under your rock and still put a negative spin on him. I'm just shaking my head, yet thankful that there are millions of REAL Cowboy fans out there.
  • Options
    You people really need to give credit where credit is due.

Hostile crowd, terrible weather conditions, division game, and with only three seconds left, he nails it.

Major props to Dan Bailey for his clutch performance last night.

• Options
    Lightingboy - So one good game is supposed to make me jump for joy and forget all about the previous 7 bad years and this was only one game. Lets see if he can win the Division and go deep into the playoffs this year and then even better next year before we raise him too high.

I have probably been a Cowboy fan longer than you have been on this earth so please don't question my being a real fan. You must not remember the great teams and QB's from the past......I do! And it's hard to go from that to this!
  • Options

<< <i>Lightingboy - So one good game is supposed to make me jump for joy and forget all about the previous 7 bad years and this was only one game. Lets see if he can win the Division and go deep into the playoffs this year and then even better next year before we raise him too high.
    >>

He just led a game winning come from behind drive gins the Vikings that you refuse to remember.

<< <i>I have probably been a Cowboy fan longer than you have been on this earth so please don't question my being a real fan. You must not remember the great teams and QB's from the past......I do! And it's hard to go from that to this! >>

You just get years, dates, and names wrong but yeah, sure, you're a 'real' fan.
  • Options
    1985fan aka axtell - You are not worth my time....you are the biggest idiot I have ever seen!

I can see why no one here wants you around and wish you would leave.

Please do us all a favor and LEAVE!!!!!
  • Options
    Overwhelming evidence proves of the myriad of problems in Dallas, the qb play is not among them yet you refuse, adamantly, to accept it, yet I'm the idiot.

Noted.

• Options
    I have probably been a Cowboy fan longer than you have been on this earth

DIMEMAN, we already went over the "You've been a fan longer, you're the biggest fan" deal. You are lving proof of the article right now on the internet sports pages that says, "then next time Romo does not come through for the Cowboys and people refer to him as a loser that they conveniently forget about all the games he has come through."

Romo has been responsible for some bad plays that have either lost games for the Cowboys or have put them in big trouble. He has also been responsible for many great plays that have won games or put them in great shape. These points should not be denied by either of us. Where I lose you is your reluctance to lay the appropriate amount of blame on the defense that he has had for most of his career.

As I pointed out in an earlier post, from 1964 - 1982, the Cowboys had a streak of 19 straight years with a defense ranked in the upper half of the league, without exception. You dont think that helped Meredith , Staubach and White win playoff games??

Romo on the other hand has had a total of 2 years with a defense ranked in the top half. His record in those 2 years is 24 - 8. That should tell you what he is capable of if he has some solid backing.
  • Options
    Take a wild guess who has the highest QBR in the 4th quarter in the HISTORY OF THE NFL. Take a wild guess who has the 5th highest total QBR in the HIGHEST OF THE NFL. Go ahead. You may guess.

EDIT TO ADD: Aikman and Danny White aren't even in the top 30 all time.
  • Options
    Aikman and Danny White aren't even in the top 30 all time

Yeah, but they didn't throw a pick to let Denver kick a field goal, so they dont suckimage
  • Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>You people really need to give credit where credit is due.

Hostile crowd, terrible weather conditions, division game, and with only three seconds left, he nails it.

image >>

good thing Romo wasn't the holder......
  • Options

<< <i>

image >>

good thing Romo wasn't the holder...... >>

You're right since it's not his job asking him to do that would have been a terrible move.
  • Options

<< <i>

image >>

good thing Romo wasn't the holder...... >>

HA! Well played, sir.

• Options
    airjoedanairjoedan Posts: 776 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Romo has been responsible for some bad plays that have either lost games for the Cowboys or have put them in big trouble. He has also been responsible for many great plays that have won games or put them in great shape. These points should not be denied by either of us. >>

The above statement by 'lightningboy' is about as true as it comes and how I feel about Romo in general.

Tony Romo is my current favorite football player. I am a Titans fan (followed them from Houston) and became a Romo fan only because I bought a few of his best rookies the night he took over for Bledsoe. My then girlfriend and I began to watch each Cowboys game after that to track the investment and both of us became huge fans - she is now my wife and Tony Romo is the reason she watches football. She loves the Cowboys and I flip between the Titans and Cowboys games each week to keep up with both teams. Romo is fun to watch and has the talent to do what any other quarterback in the league can. In fact, there is no other quarterback in the league that can keep you on the edge of your seat more - as you truly do not know whether you are going to see something amazing or something to leave you shaking your head.

The Cowboys' franchise during Romo's tenure WITHOUT Romo would have been unwatchable - with Romo, he has given them the chance to win in any given season as his success is bordering elite. Even the biggest Romo fan in the world can't say he or she isn't nervous when he is leading the team down the field in a close game in the 4th quarter. While his overall stats may be wonderful, he just seems to make at least a few huge mistakes every year that stand out in everyone's memory. While the playoffs would not have been in sight without Romo, there are still at least 2 games in my immediate memory in which he still had the opportunity to win the game and lost it with a bad pass of his own at the end. The way last season ended ... was his fault. He almost carried a crappy team to the playoffs but had the opportunity (despite it all) to lead them down the field to win the game. While there are similar mistakes Eli Manning (for example) has made, I would not feel as nervous with him leading his team down the field in the final stretch with every single pass as I do with Romo (mostly because he has had his share of great games in visible moments that have led to SB wins). Romo just tries too hard to compensate for a crappy team sometimes and he has to be held responsible...

The Denver game - he did great and the defense was terrible - BUT, despite it all, he had the opportunity to drive his team down the field to a win. That particular game is a game that could sum up Romo's career thus far - beyond fun to watch but every now and then, something just seems to happen when he tries to do too much. While the score was not his fault and the loss was not ONLY his fault, the fact that they did not have an opportunity to score on that drive WAS his fault. He kept them in the game and like I said before, despite everything (defense, no running game, drops, etc.) he still had the opportunity to win the game himself. While it has happened to everyone at some point or another, Romo hasn't had success in the playoffs and is playing for the Cowboys - so, he is going to face additional scrutiny. In the same way that a Dez Bryant drop would have been his fault - that loss was partly because of Romo's pass (not JUST - but part of the "because"). He made the game and did amazing - but he had the opportunity to win it and didn't. I don't hate him for it - but it left me shaking my head and I knew what we'd all be reading the next day.

It is unfair how Romo is criticized compared to other QBs - but the fact is that he is a Cowboy and it is expected. Romo has taken it worse than other Cowboy QBs only because he is the longest to hang around and perform at an elite level without really having any playoff success. That being said, I don't understand the Cowboys fans that seem to get a boner everytime Romo makes a mistake just to say "I told you so!" - I mean, there are less than 7-8 QBs that can even be mentioned with Romo and the franchise is not going to be able to get anyone better. Additionally, on the right team and without the pressure that he gets now - I'm not sure we'd see any better QBs. If Romo won a SB last year, everyone would have him in their top 5-6 discussion - unlike Flacco, who still does not get respect (I think he's overrated myself). We have seen it all from Romo except playoff success - and to reach the next tier and end the "choke" discussion, he needs to win or it will continue to happen. It is not all his fault (or even near) but just like the original quote, we can't deny the wonderful and the bad as they both happened before our eyes. The conversation about Romo in my eyes is the "despite the..." - which is to say, despite how bad the team has been around him at times, he has had several opportunities to win the game himself on a final drive and has not used that opportunity to win.

I also wanted to point out that I consider myself a huge Romo fan but a realist. I understand people that hate the Cowboys enjoying any failures, but any fan has to admit he is a great QB and they aren't going to find better. This is not directed to anyone on these boards, but to how every article is written and how everyone talks about him in person and on any sports show. I feel like each side can sometimes be like Skip Bayless & how he feels about Tebow vs Stephen A. Smith and how he feels about Tebow - an extreme "question no mistake" love or an extreme "no credit" hate.

Anyways, interesting discussion but too much battle going on here. Entertaining nonetheless :-)

• Options
    Well-stated airjoeda and on point, imo.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>Take a wild guess who has the highest QBR in the 4th quarter in the HISTORY OF THE NFL. Take a wild guess who has the 5th highest total QBR in the HIGHEST OF THE NFL. Go ahead. You may guess.

EDIT TO ADD: Aikman and Danny White aren't even in the top 30 all time. >>

Going to keep quoting myself until dumbman acknowledges it.
  • Options
    Going to keep quoting myself until dumbman acknowledges it.

DIMEMAN has run out of any sensible ammunition. You'll need to wait until the Cowboys lose again, before he can dissect the game and figure out how to blame Romo solely.

• Options

<< <i>Lightingboy - So one good game is supposed to make me jump for joy and forget all about the previous 7 bad years and this was only one game. >>

Was every game over the previous years bad? Again, there have been over 60 quarterbacks to have started more than 20 games since Romo first started for the Cowboys. Since Romo finished college, there have been 146 quarterbacks drafted. Of all of those, how many have done more good things for their team than Romo.

Hard to believe even you would be that much of an idiot to consider him below average among those groups
  • Options
    airjoedan - very good write. You basically got across everything I have been trying to say.

I have NEVER said Romo is the only problem.....he just finds was to lose games when it counts. Yes, he has won some also, but until he has way more goods than bads and goes deep into the playoffs and wins a SB he will never have the respect of the Staubachs (sorry if I mispelled here) or Aikman or even White. Stats don't mean as much as Championships as any pro athlete will tell you.

If I was Jones I think I would take a serious look at the QB coming out of Alabama in the next draft. Romo has had 7 years. And while he has not had high ranked defences all this time he has had some better than average and in 2009 had a real good (2nd) defense and still managed to blow that game.

As it stands now he should have to buy a ticket to get into the Hall. The Hall is for great players that find a way to win in crunch time....NOT just a very good player with stats.

JMHO
  • Options
    I guess in 2009 it was also Romo's fault that the Cowboys gave up 34 points to the Vikings. And please, quit mentioning Danny White. Only ring he won was as a benchwarmer. He never reached a SB and was 5-4 in the playoffs.

One more thing, go ahead and make a list of games Romo "blew" in the 4th quarter. For every one you can name I will give you 2 that he won. Plus, I guarantee you I can find at least one blown game from every "elite" QB to match each one of Romo's.

EDIT:

<< <i>As it stands now he should have to buy a ticket to get into the Hall. The Hall is for great players that find a way to win in crunch time....NOT just a very good player with stats. >>

Well then we need to kick out Marino, Fouts, Kelly, Moon, Baugh and Tarkenton.
  • Options
    As it stands now he should have to buy a ticket to get into the Hall. The Hall is for great players that find a way to win in crunch time....NOT just a very good player with stats.

JMHO

With all due respect, your opinion is ridiculous.

• Options
    unwoundsage - for you information White took the Cowboys to 3 straight NFC Championship games....which is 3 MORE than Romo.

Yes, Dallas gave up 34 to the Vikes.......and Romo led the team to.....what.....3 points....no stats in that game! He also blew the game the year before to the Giants.

I'm not going to get into a "stat game" with you on Romo and other QB's.

The FACT here is that most people here understand what I am saying about Romo and agree!
  • Options

<< <i>airjoedan - very good write. You basically got across everything I have been trying to say.

I have NEVER said Romo is the only problem.....he just finds was to lose games when it counts. Yes, he has won some also, but until he has way more goods than bads and goes deep into the playoffs and wins a SB he will never have the respect of the Staubachs (sorry if I mispelled here) or Aikman or even White. Stats don't mean as much as Championships as any pro athlete will tell you. >>

You continue to contradict everything you say. You never said Romo was the only problem? Yet you started this thread as 'Romo shows his true colors...yet again!' It wasn't 'The Cowboys show their true colors!' You specifically mention Romo as the cause for the Cowboys problems, and fail to place the blame where it really belongs - a meddlesome owner, a defense that is truly incapable of stopping anyone, and no running game.

<< <i>If I was Jones I think I would take a serious look at the QB coming out of Alabama in the next draft. Romo has had 7 years. And while he has not had high ranked defences all this time he has had some better than average and in 2009 had a real good (2nd) defense and still managed to blow that game. >>

Right, it was Romo who let the Vikings score 34 points.

<< <i>As it stands now he should have to buy a ticket to get into the Hall. The Hall is for great players that find a way to win in crunch time....NOT just a very good player with stats. >>

So all those QBs who never won a super bowl should be kicked out too? Good lord you are a dense one!
  • Options

<< <i>
    Hard to believe even you would be that much of an idiot to consider him below average among those groups >>

It's easy to see where dimeman gets this stuff - he consumes Sunday morning NFL shows that repeatedly blame Romo for the problems in Dallas. However, the problems run much, much deeper, but the shows, with their 5, sometimes 6 people deep crews don't have the time to delve into it (nor do they have the brain power - one of many problems with hiring ex-players with no skill to analyze football). It's easier for them to point to Romo throwing a late interception and say 'see! it's his fault!' instead of delving into the numbers and blaming the abysmal defense, or the lack of a running game, or an owner who's more interested in being in the limelight than in winning games. That doesn't get simple people (like dimeman) engaged in the programming - simple people don't want analysis, they want their preconceived notions (whether they are true or not) confirmed.

• Options
    Skin2Skin2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭

<< <i>airjoedan - very good write. You basically got across everything I have been trying to say.

I have NEVER said Romo is the only problem.....he just finds was to lose games when it counts. Yes, he has won some also, but until he has way more goods than bads and goes deep into the playoffs and wins a SB he will never have the respect of the Staubachs (sorry if I mispelled here) or Aikman or even White. Stats don't mean as much as Championships as any pro athlete will tell you.

If I was Jones I think I would take a serious look at the QB coming out of Alabama in the next draft. Romo has had 7 years. And while he has not had high ranked defences all this time he has had some better than average and in 2009 had a real good (2nd) defense and still managed to blow that game.

JMHO >>

Dimeman, based on your logic, there are only seven active QB's who have 'proven' they could 'lead' a team to a Super Bowl. None of the other 23 QB's have done what you expect Romo to do, so why do you think getting one of them(or the Alabama QB) would win Dallas a Super Bowl(assuming Dallas stays subpar with the rest of their personnel)?

Also, your line of logic says that Trent Dilfer is better than Romo, because he has 'proven' he could lead his team to a Super Bowl, and in your mind you think Romo has proven he cannot.

If Aikman was so good and and a proven winner that gets all the credit for those Super Bowls, then why couldn't he use that skill and lead his team to a .500 record when he didn't have elite teammates? If the QB is such the key component that you say, then a guy that 'proves' he has that skill to win, should not spend half his career leading teams to a below .500 record.

Seems your barometer of judging has some contradictions and is way off. You see, a QB winning a Super Bowl doesn't prove he has some magical ability to win, otherwise Aikman would never have allowed his teams for half his career to be below .500. Your mythical ability isn't real.

A QB who doesn't win a SB doesn't mean it is proof that he cannot lead a team to a Super Bowl.

• Options
    Sam Adams, Boston Lager is my favorite beer!
  • Options
    Where is this moron Dimeman? Please enlighten us on the 16 other QB's in the NFL that render Tony Romo below average.

I would LOVE to play a football game against you. How about we make a bet, only I get to pick both our teams, and we each get to QB our respective teams. Lets put your theories into first hand use, and then see if you feel the same way on all the ignorant theories you have spouted on about.

• Options
    I'd say Romo has silenced his critics the past 2 games. He has been very sharp, including in a clutch situation against the Giants. DIMEMAN, Romo is proving you wrong.
  • Options
    Nobody will be happier than me if Romo continues his good playing.

He hasn't proved me wrong though. He still has his past and that will never change. What's done is done!

Keep it up Tony.
  • Options

<< <i>Nobody will be happier than me if Romo continues his good playing.

He hasn't proved me wrong though. He still has his past and that will never change. What's done is done!

Keep it up Tony. >>

The Frozen bowl. That proved you wrong right there, as you are a no knowledge phony who has no idea what he is talking about.

Not having a clue on how to spell any of the names of your 'lifelong beloved players' either shows you have an IQ of 35, or again, are a phony who knows nothing about sports. Pick your poison there.
  • Options
    DIMEMAN - first of all. I think you are wrong with the majority of us agreeing with your views. We have demonstrated in many different ways that you do not take into account all the facts that are out there. When Danny White, who I liked very much, led the Cowboys to 3 straight losing NFC Title games, the defense were all in the top 10 and he had a running back all 3 years (Dorsett) who was the first) to rush for 1000+ yards the first 7 seasons of his career. So give White all the credit you want, but real Cowboys fans know why we won in those days.

Secondly, I hope you watched today's game to listen to the announcers basically making a joke out of the "experts" out there who do not consider Romo "elite".
  • Options
    Dimeman has no interest in learning facts and realizing Romo is elite. He is only interested in trying and failing to prove his theories about Romo not being elite.
  • Options

<< <i>Secondly, I hope you watched today's game to listen to the announcers basically making a joke out of the "experts" out there who do not consider Romo "elite". >>

That really isn't an accurate description of their conversation.

Nantz and Simms complained about the made up statistic of Romo in elimination games (aka playoff record but guess they feel the term is ungood [heh]). Then said Romo acknowledges and accepts the criticism until he succeeds in the playoffs. Deserving or not, the spotlight always shines brightest onto the QB. Should also be noted Jim is a fellow Texan with the glass half full personality, while Phil (who dealt with plenty of NY critics) was simply defending a fellow quarterback.

In the end, their rant sounded more like whining, IMO.

edited to add:

400!

• Options
    So confusing "Frozen" with "Ice" on a game that took place almost 57 years ago makes me stupid and/or not a true fan!

That's really something. Well, you know what I don't need your validation on being a Cowboy fan OR knowing football.

I realize it takes a running game and a good defense to be a dominate team like the Cowboys of the past. But you can rate a QB by what he does right or wrong,,,,,,win or lose. A QB can make all the right decisions and the team can still lose. That is not his fault. At the same time if the QB makes bad decisions and throws int's and that leads to a loss....then that is all his (QB) fault no matter what the other parts of the team do. The Denver loss was all Tony's. The game was tied 48-48 with 2-3 min left. The previous 58 min. are over and don't matter to either team. It is now a 2-3 min game and the Cowboys have the ball and it is Romo's to win or lose. He throws a int giving the ball to Denver in FG range and it's game,,,set...match! Completely Romo's fault. Sure he had a great game up until that point, but that is the difference between an elite QB and Romo.

On the ESPN and other sports people.....I do not base my Romo facts on what they say.....they only validate what I have been saying for years. My displeasure with ROMO did not start this year with the Denver game....it has been going on for years! Most people out here seem to understand about what I am saying about him except for a couple of IDIOTS!!!!
  • Options

<< <i>So confusing "Frozen" with "Ice" on a game that took place almost 57 years ago makes me stupid and/or not a true fan! >>

Yes that is correct. When its one of our franchises defining games? You need to know that if you're a longtime fan like you claim to be.

<< <i>That's really something. Well, you know what I don't need your validation on being a Cowboy fan OR knowing football. >>

Yet you continue to seek validation. Interesting.

<< <i>I realize it takes a running game and a good defense to be a dominate team like the Cowboys of the past. >>

Do you? The overriding theme in your posts continually put the blame on Romo's shoulders.

<< <i>But you can rate a QB by what he does right or wrong,,,,,,win or lose. A QB can make all the right decisions and the team can still lose. That is not his fault. At the same time if the QB makes bad decisions and throws int's and that leads to a loss....then that is all his (QB) fault no matter what the other parts of the team do.

<< <i>

There's no such thing as a perfect QB...they all make mistakes.

<< <i> The Denver loss was all Tony's. The game was tied 48-48 with 2-3 min left. The previous 58 min. are over and don't matter to either team. >>

What happened to it being a team game? The defense allowed 48 points!

<< <i>It is now a 2-3 min game and the Cowboys have the ball and it is Romo's to win or lose. He throws a int giving the ball to Denver in FG range and it's game,,,set...match! Completely Romo's fault. Sure he had a great game up until that point, but that is the difference between an elite QB and Romo. >>

You are completely disregarding the previous 58 minutes of the game which is a ridiculous way to go about it.

<< <i>On the ESPN and other sports people.....I do not base my Romo facts on what they say.....they only validate what I have been saying for years. My displeasure with ROMO did not start this year with the Denver game....it has been going on for years! Most people out here seem to understand about what I am saying about him except for a couple of IDIOTS!!!! >>

So anyone who looks at the entire team and game instead of one player and one play is an idiot? Got it.