Home Sports Talk
Options

Fantasy Football Talk

1235»

Comments

• Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Martin, Foster, Spiller, Rice, Richardson...this season has not been kind to highly-ranked running backs.. >>

While it has become more of a passing league due to rule changes, McCoy, Forte, Peterson, BEAST MODE, Charles, and Gore would disagree with you.

<< <i>Put a healthy Spiller on the Broncos, Pats, Saints, Seahawks, Panthers...hell even the Cowboys team and he runs for 1800+ easily. The Bills just aren't good and have obviously had some injury issues at QB. Even on his team, if he stays healthy, he probably gets close to 1800 >>

Seriously doubt it considering he can't even beat out Fred Jackson for more carries. As I said before the season, until CJ's body can hold up an entire season and 20+ carries per game, there's no reason to assume he can significantly improve on his previous stats. Having said that, his career could follow Bush's, which took eight years and two teams before he was ready to be the lead back.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not all backs have been busts to be sure, but there have been a number of them that many used first round draft picks on.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Oh, absolutely.

But with the exception of Rice and Foster, even though both were dealing with injuries and their coaches said they would scale back on carries, none of those guys you listed should have been drafted in the first round IMO. It goes back to what I said in August:

<< <i>Well, I believe high picks should be used for consistent players rather than speculation but again, who knows. >>

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    1985fan1985fan Posts: 1,952 ✭✭

<< <i>Oh, absolutely.

But with the exception of Rice and Foster, even though both were dealing with injuries and their coaches said they would scale back on carries, none of those guys you listed should have been drafted in the first round IMO. It goes back to what I said in August:

<< <i>Well, I believe high picks should be used for consistent players rather than speculation but again, who knows. >>

image >>

Captain Hindsight strikes again!
  • Options
    Martin was a consensus top 3 back in all pre draft rankings though.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    I'm calling it here first, Martin and Foster will not reach 1000 yards this season.
  • Options

<< <i>Martin was a consensus top 3 back in all pre draft rankings though. >>

Sure but you already know my thoughts on the gurus.

I'll gladly admit my first few picks tend to be more conservative. Simply take 3-year averages, consider their teams, and look for trends. Typically speaking, it's basically the same guys regardless if you look at year ago, 6 months, today, 6 months out, or a year from now.

Should also note that I'm in a dynasty league and our playoffs coincide with the NFL's, so my perspective may be different from others.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Martin was a consensus top 3 back in all pre draft rankings though. >>

Sure but you already know my thoughts on the gurus.

>>

Easy for the guy who's never made a public prediction to bash those who do.
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    So I recently traded for Spiller for nice and cheap, but now I have the conundrum of who to start at my flex...

12-team PPR:
    CJ Spiller vs Jets
    Steve Smith vs Patriots
    Emmanuel Sanders vs Lions
    Jarrett Boykin @ Giants

Here are my starters:
    QB: Drew Brees
    RB: Jamaal Charles
    RB: Reggie Bush
    WR: Vincent Jackson
    WR: Demaryius Thomas
    TE: Antonio Gates
    K: Garrett Hartley
    DST: Bears

All four players can be feast or famine, but I'm starting to like Sanders against the Lions this week.

Thoughts?
  • Options
    WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭

<< <i>So I recently traded for Spiller for nice and cheap, but now I have the conundrum of who to start at my flex...

12-team PPR:
    CJ Spiller vs Jets
    Steve Smith vs Patriots
    Emmanuel Sanders vs Lions
    Jarrett Boykin @ Giants

Here are my starters:
    DST: Bears

All four players can be feast or famine, but I'm starting to like Sanders against the Lions this week.

Thoughts? >>

Steve Smith would be my pick. No way I trust Spiller, can't trust GB WRs (except Nelson) w/ out Rodgers in the mix, and Pitt is kind of a mess this year. Carolina is on a roll and eager to prove something against NE. Just my humble opinion.
  • Options
    Even with an iffy QB situation I'd go Boykin. Giants give up the most points to WRs. He still had 13 targets and 8 receptions last week so he'd be my pick.
  • Options
    It almost boils down to "play it safe" or "play the lottery". Smith would be the safe pick, and Boykin would be the lottery pick. I'm heavily leaning Smith at the moment. I'm in sole possession of first place (7-3) but there are four teams one game behind me (6-4), and I'm playing against one of them this week. There are only two regular season games left and I would love a first round bye in the playoffs. image
  • Options

<< <i>Steve Smith would be my pick. No way I trust Spiller, can't trust GB WRs (except Nelson) w/ out Rodgers in the mix, and Pitt is kind of a mess this year. Carolina is on a roll and eager to prove something against NE. Just my humble opinion. >>

Agreed. Also, the NYG pass-defense averages for last 3 games: 167 yards and 0 TDs

edited for clarity
  • Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could start 1985fan at the flex and still be in good shape with that lineup. Nice squad you have there, Jeff!
  • Options
    I would definitely go with Boykin. Even if it was Seneca Wallace at QB. Kid is a beast and getting lots of targets.
  • Options

<< <i>I would definitely go with Boykin. Even if it was Seneca Wallace at QB. Kid is a beast and getting lots of targets. >>

This. 13 targets last week and 8 catches is nothing to sneeze at. Steve smith hasn't seen those numbers all year.
  • Options
    CJ Spiller had another monster game yesterday. 13 rushes for 6 yards, which puts his season totals through 11 games at 507 rushing yards and 1 TD.
  • Options
    WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭
    I'm in a 10-team league with 2 teams tied at 7-4 and 5 of us (including me) in second place at 6-5. I play one of the first place teams this week but I have to survive without my #1 RB, Marshawn Lynch due to Seattle being on a bye. My next best RB is Chris Johnson, who has been unreliable this year to say the least. Other RBs are Danny Woodhead -- because our league is a 1-point PPR league -- and Andre Ellington.
    Not feeling real confident this week!

• Options
    Perhaps CJ Spiller should play ATL every week. After 12 weeks, he finally had a productive game and increased his yards by 30%! Very well could top 750 yards for the season.
  • Options
    It's do-or-die time... semi-finals. I win, I'm in the Super Bowl. Need flex help:

12-team PPR:
    CJ Spiller @ Bucks
    Steve Smith @ Saints
    Emmanuel Sanders vs Dolphins
    Jarrett Boykin vs Falcons

Here are my starters:
    DST: Broncos

Spiller: I'm leaning toward this chump, but I don't like it. Who knows what he'll do on a weekly basis. Can't trust him. Bucks are ranked 7th against the run, and Fred Jackson is somehow still alive in Week 14.

Smith: He is who we thought he was. Saints are ranked 7th against the pass. He's an automatic 10 points, but I need more than 10 points.

Sanders: Average or famine... and the Dolphins are ranked 2nd against the pass. He's 12-18 with two TDs in the past two weeks. However he can't be trusted against this defense.

Boykin: Boy-O-Boykin... that goose-egg scares the crap out of me. I realize it was mostly Flynn's fault, but Flynn will likely be under center again this weekend. I feel like if I bench him he'll blow up, and if I start him he'll be invisible to Flynn. Boykin should pay me to bench him... lol.

Helpo?

• Options
    Spiller or Boykin vs a leaky Falcon D would be my choice. Prior to the Det game, Boykin was very active.

• Options
    CJ came back to reality yesterday with 22 rushing yards. Considering he's playing JAX next week, it's still possible he gets at least 750 yards for the season.
  • Options
    With Reggie Bush's slip and fall in the pre-game warmups, I had to act quickly and change my lineup as I was doing 70 mph on the highway. I had to move Spiller from my flex to my RB2, and put in Boykin as my flex. Well, that didn't work out so well for me this week. I lost. Oh well.
  • Options

<< <i>With Reggie Bush's slip and fall in the pre-game warmups, I had to act quickly and change my lineup as I was doing 70 mph on the highway. I had to move Spiller from my flex to my RB2, and put in Boykin as my flex. Well, that didn't work out so well for me this week. I lost. Oh well. >>

Bush decimated a lot of fantasy teams yesterday, including mine. I need McCown to light up that porous Dallas D to make it all good!

• Options
    14 games into the season, CJ Spiller has accumulated 745 rushing yards and still hasn't puked.
  • Options
    At least spiller isn't on a team that's lost 12 straight image
  • Options
    Props to Spiller! After 15 games, he finally passed 750 rushing yards for the season and did it without puking!

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I foresee Shady McCoy bouncing back this season. Not the 20-TD blip from two years ago, but definitely a regression toward the mean. With Reid out and Kelly in, expect quick, fast and up-tempo. There's going to be more emphasis on the run, as well as getting the ball to him out in space -- and that's where LeSean is at his best.

Prediction: a lot of cracked ankles and double-digit scores. >>

My good friend 1985fan once gave me the biz for not making prognostications, so I must bring this nugget from Aug 16 to his attention.

And before you ask, no. Couldn't get my hands on him. image
  • Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Won my one league yesterday, I am the champion! Unfortunately, lost in the semifinals of my other league though. Was trying to go for a dual win this year!
    What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Options
    It's been an honor having McCoy on my team for the last few years. He's a modern day Brain Westbrook but breaks ankles like Barry Sanders.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great story here...

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.... I make the playoffs and win by 3/4 of a point after the Monday Night game, all excited EXCEPT Im in a Yahoo league and they do stat corrections Thursday morning.

I wake up Thursday Morning and see that they "Corrected" the stats and took 1 yard away from Leveon Bell so I end up losing by 1/4 of a point. And of course in the Semi Finals had I not gotten SCREWED my team would have lit up the other team and I would have been in the Super Bowl which pays $1000 to the winner and $600 to the loser. Oh and the 3rd place winner got $300 so in essence 1 yard cost me between $600 and a $1000

Good Times image
  • Options

<< <i>Great story here...

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.... I make the playoffs and win by 3/4 of a point after the Monday Night game, all excited EXCEPT Im in a Yahoo league and they do stat corrections Thursday morning.

I wake up Thursday Morning and see that they "Corrected" the stats and took 1 yard away from Leveon Bell so I end up losing by 1/4 of a point. And of course in the Semi Finals had I not gotten SCREWED my team would have lit up the other team and I would have been in the Super Bowl which pays $1000 to the winner and $600 to the loser. Oh and the 3rd place winner got $300 so in essence 1 yard cost me between $600 and a $1000

Good Times image >>

DOH!

I'm tied for best record going into the final week and could end up getting the 1st or as low as the 4th pick in our supplemental playoff draft. Regardless, if NO missed out on the playoffs or gets knocked out of the first round, my roster will be decimated.

Good times image
  • Options
    Kap came up huge for me last night in championship game after I switched from Cousins to Kap Sunday morning and I'm up by 13the last two minutes but my opponent has SF D which scored 10 points in last minute to close gap to 3 points. Fantasy football is not for the faint hearted, lol!