Fantasy Football Talk

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Ryan Broyles was a STUD last week! image
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Hey Ryan Broyles was a STUD last week! image >>

Yeah, I guess if you're a Detroit receiver not names Calvin Johnson then you should probably stay on the bench.
  • Options
    I'm still waiting for Matthew Berry's man-lust for Cordarrelle Patterson to come to fruition. lol
  • Options

<< <i>I'm still waiting for Matthew Berry's man-lust for Cordarrelle Patterson to come to fruition. lol >>

I will be along Monday with yet another chapter of how clueless Berry is.
  • Options
    1985fan1985fan Posts: 1,952 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I'm still waiting for Matthew Berry's man-lust for Cordarrelle Patterson to come to fruition. lol >>

I will be along Monday with yet another chapter of how clueless Berry is. >>

It's hilarious how clueless YOU are. His love/hate list is always based in comparison to expectations from where they were drafted, and he's hardly the best voice in the ESPN community for fantasy analysis, just the loudest. But go on and cherry pick whatever you want to make yourself feel better. Your life must be so *full*!
  • Options
    He is paid probably rather well by ESPN to be wrong about 75% of the time. Yes Mr. Berry gets under my skin. Fantasy sports is educated speculation based on matchups. You would think someone that makes his living by analyzing those matchups would at least bat .500 occasionally.
  • Options
    And you sure seem to have an AX to grind with me image
  • Options
    I said from the beginning that Berry was more showman than anything else, yet YOU continue to go out of your way trying to show how wrong he is. Your fascination with me is noted. Now, move on.

• Options
    Sage you must REALLY hate meteorologists... lol
  • Options

<< <i>Sage you must REALLY hate meteorologists... lol >>

At least they are correct some of the time.
  • Options
    Continuation of my weekly Mr. ESPN Fantasy Guru sucks rant:

QB Loves this week: Tom Brady - only 197 yards and TD streak broken, Pryor and Rivers are kind of a push. Pryor 2 YDs but only 220 yards, Rivers over 400 yards but 3 INTs

QB Hates: Russell Wilson and Cutler have their best fantasy weeks of the season. Carson Palmer he got right but who couldn't have guessed that one.

RB Loves: Unless Billal Powell does something tonight, the only one he got right was Ray Rice.

RB Hates: Easy to pick the ones he did however he did misfire on both Bills' RBs which I mentioned before.

WR Loves: Swing and miss on everyone he picked except for Torrey Smith. Will give him a little props for mentioning Alshon Jeffery if you were desperate.

WR Hates: Mike Wallace 7 for 105 and TY Hilton 5 for 140 with 2 TDs

TE: Swing and miss almost completely across the board. One of his 2 hates was Vernon Davis, also known as the only TE he mentioned that actually scored.

D/ST: His 2 hates combined gave up a total of 27 points combined.
  • Options
    I think sage has a little crush on Berry.

Either that or he's insanely jealous that there are people out there more sucessful than he is. Either way, I think it's cute!
  • Options

<< <i>I think sage has a little crush on Berry.

Either that or he's insanely jealous that there are people out there more sucessful than he is. Either way, I think it's cute! >>

He is a well paid "guru" when your average FF player can do better.
  • Options

<< <i>

Either that or he's insanely jealous that there are people out there more sucessful than he is. Either way, I think it's cute! >>

He is a well paid "guru" when your average FF player can do better. >>

PROVE IT:

do a love/hate list, just like he does, and show us just how easy it is. Put up or shut up time.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

PROVE IT:

do a love/hate list, just like he does, and show us just how easy it is. Put up or shut up time. >>

Sounds like fun.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    CJ Spiller needs to average 164.9 yards for the next 10 games to reach 2K and has 1 touchdown.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spiller blows.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

PROVE IT:

do a love/hate list, just like he does, and show us just how easy it is. Put up or shut up time. >>

Sounds like fun. >>

Sounds like fun but you weren't up to the challenge, I guess it's not that easy then is it?

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

PROVE IT:

Sounds like fun. >>

Sounds like fun but you weren't up to the challenge, I guess it's not that easy then is it? >>

Some people do have to work for a living.
  • Options

<< <i>
    Some people do have to work for a living. >>

So I guess it's not that easy to do then is it?
  • Options

<< <i>Spiller blows. >>

He has yet to blow chunks, though...
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

So I guess it's not that easy to do then is it? >>

IF my job was to do that all day, I could do a better job than most experts.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

So I guess it's not that easy to do then is it? >>

IF my job was to do that all day, I could do a better job than most experts. >>

No, your assertion was

<< <i>your average FF player can do better. >>

The fact that you won't seems to evidence that you aren't an average FF player.
  • Options
    You're right. I suck. I will go hide under my blankie.
  • Options
    CJ Spiller needs to average 182 yards for the next 9 games to reach 2K and has 1 touchdown.

On the bright side, that means he only needs to average 91 yards for the next 9 games to reach 1,000 yards for the season. That goal may be a little more realistic, though he's exceeded 90 yards only once this year...
  • Options
    Stown it must be amazing to no make any picks or predictions yet feel the need to bash those who actually do.
  • Options
    I thought Spiller might actually have a chance when I saw Fred Jackson get broken on the sidelines yesterday, but he came right back in and scored a TD. Sources say he slipped and fell in a pool of Spiller's puke.
  • Options
    Jackso is the back to own in buffalo right now.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i> Sources say he slipped and fell in a pool of Spiller's puke. >>

That's purty funny right there.
  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Josh Freeman is not good.

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    There's no shortage of running backs drafted high overall who have stunk this year. Stown is just loving the fact that I dared to take the head coach's word that he would run Spiller until he threw up, and looked at Spiller's gaudy YPC last year (and I wasn't alone in this assessment).

But stown, being the good sport he is, feels the need to remind everyone of just how bad I missed the mark this year. Continues to remind me that he didn't make any predictions of his own, either. I guess he's too worried about the former super bowl contending team he roots for descending into a cess pool in just a few months. Hakuna matata!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Spiller isn't going to get the ball any more than he did last year because he can't stay on the field and Buffalo blows mightily! >>

People that actually paid attention to Spiller the last couple years, rather than only rely on YE stats and FF 'guru' talking points, would agree with you. I'm in the former since I drafted Fred Jackson in '11 and in hindsight, stole Spiller in the final round last year. On almost a regular basis, he would get nicked up and have to be replaced during drives, usually sitting out the following series as well. Having said that, there were many times he would show potential greatness on breakaways.

The $64K question is, can he become a featured back with 20+ carries and 5+ catches over the course of a whole season? Throw in questionable QBs and new offensive scheme, maybe but I dunno.. Is he worth a top 10 selection? Well, I believe high picks should be used for consistent players rather than speculation but again, who knows. >>

If I didn't know better, that sure sounds like someone sticking their neck out and going against a flavor of the month. Actually thinking for them self, using previous experience with a specific player, and forming an educated opinion rather than regurgitate what a self-proclaimed FF "guru" predicts.

Huh. What a novel concept.
  • Options
    You didn't make a prediction for anyone just agaisnt someone. This is too easy slapping you around.
  • Options
    Well my pick at #2 overall worked out well, Doug Martin out for the year image

If only I drafted Jamal Charles, proven and less risk than Martin shame on me image
  • Options

<< <i>Well my pick at #2 overall worked out well, Doug Martin out for the year image

If only I drafted Jamal Charles, proven and less risk than Martin shame on me image >>

You're not alone. Here's the preseason top 20 RBs:

1 Adrian Peterson, MIN 5 $60
    2 Arian Foster, HOU 8 $57
    3 Marshawn Lynch, SEA 12 $56
    4 Ray Rice, BAL 8 $55
    5 Doug Martin, TB 5 $53
    6 Jamaal Charles, KC 10 $52
    7 C.J. Spiller, BUF 12 $51
    8 Trent Richardson, CLE 10 $49
    9 Alfred Morris, WAS 5 $48
    10 LeSean McCoy, PHI 12 $45
    11 Steven Jackson, ATL 6 $40
    12 Matt Forte, CHI 8 $39
    13 Stevan Ridley, NE 10 $38
    14 Frank Gore, SF 9 $36
    15 Chris Johnson, TEN 8 $33
    16 Maurice Jones-Drew, JAC 9 $30
    17 David Wilson, NYG 9 $27
    18 Darren McFadden, OAK 7 $25
    19 Eddie Lacy, GB 4 $22
    20 DeMarco Murray, DAL 11 $21

Here's the current top 20 RB scoring leaders:

Jamaal Charles
    Matt Forte
    Marshawn Lynch
    LeSean McCoy
    Knowshon Moreno
    Frank Gore
    Adrian Peterson
    Reggie Bush
    Fred Jackson
    Arian Foster
    DeMarco Murray
    Giovani Bernard
    Chris Johnson
    Alfred Morris
    Danny Woodhead
    Ryan Mathews
    Joique Bell
    Jacquizz Rodgers
    Darren Sproles
    Doug Martin
  • Options

<< <i>Well my pick at #2 overall worked out well, Doug Martin out for the year image

If only I drafted Jamal Charles, proven and less risk than Martin shame on me image >>

Him playing for Tampa should have been your glaring warning flag.

But seriously, that's why I stress first picks should be on players with consistent track records. It doesn't always pan out but the odds are in your favor.
  • Options
    Half way through the season, 362 yards and 1 TD.
  • Options
    Anyone quoting TD totals in relation to fantasy statistics obviously doesn't know the first thing about fantasy sports, as TDs are by far the most fluky stat. Nobody in their right mind would doubt Calvin Johnson being a top 3 WR, yet last year he only had 5 TDs but this year already has 7. Continuing to prove your ignorance by posting TDs in your pathetic little dance is only making you out to be an even bigger fool.

You'd have a tiny shred (not much, mind you) if you had actually made some predictions about players instead of just bashing other people's predictions.

• Options

<< <i>
    You'd have a tiny shred (not much, mind you) if you had actually made some predictions about players instead of just bashing other people's predictions. >>

I think you are missing the point and he is enjoying it. You keep yapping about predictions but the one and only prediction you made before the season was way off.

BTW, how fortunate do you feel now with Steven Jackson and Alf Morris in the first two rounds?
  • Options

<< <i>
    I think you are missing the point and he is enjoying it. >>

Oh, I know he's enjoying it. Unlike him I stuck my neck out on a prediction and I was way off. Sucks, but it happens. Everything pointed to him having a big year, but alas it wasn't meant to be.

<< <i>You keep yapping about predictions but the one and only prediction you made before the season was way off. >>

Right. And last time I checked 1 was still more than zero.

<< <i>BTW, how fortunate do you feel now with Steven Jackson and Alf Morris in the first two rounds? >>

Pretty good on Morris, as he's ranked 6th in rushing yards. Not so with Jackson who seemed to be set up with a good year but like everyone else in Atlanta he got hurt.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>BTW, how fortunate do you feel now with Steven Jackson and Alf Morris in the first two rounds? >>

Pretty good on Morris, as he's ranked 6th in rushing yards. Not so with Jackson who seemed to be set up with a good year but like everyone else in Atlanta he got hurt. >>

Again you miss the point. 6th in rushing yards is irrelevant. We are discussing fantasy football where he ranks 11th in fantasy scoring (standard PPR) for RBs and 63rd overall. Even 4 kickers have scored more fantasy points than Morris. Hardly worthy of a first round pick.
  • Options

<< <i>
    Again you miss the point. 6th in rushing yards is irrelevant. We are discussing fantasy football where he ranks 11th in fantasy scoring (standard PPR) for RBs and 63rd overall. Even 4 kickers have scored more fantasy points than Morris. Hardly worthy of a first round pick. >>

Wow, I wish I had the hindsight goggles you and stown seem to relish wielding so readily. It must be amazing to be able to sit, after the fact, and judge people and the choices they make. Again, there's no shortage of RB busts this year (hell even AP looks like a bust given he was the number one overall pick in just about every draft). He's currently ranked 29th overall, hardly worthy of a first round pick, and 8th among running backs.

By the way, we're still waiting for your love/hate list that you predicted was so easy even an average fantasy football player could be as accurate as Berry on. Should we give up on waiting?
  • Options
    Through 10 games, CJ Spiller has 501 yards and 1 touchdown. If he kicks it up a notch, may be able to crack 1,000 yards for the season.
  • Options
    Arian Foster, the consensus #2 pick, will finish the season with 542 yards and 1 TD as he undergoes back surgery. Talk about a busted year!
  • Options
    CubbyCubby Posts: 2,096
    2 weeeks ago Calvin J did me in. This week Peyton and D Thomas beat me. Geez...

BTW: Cubby=Cub Fan
  • Options
  • Options
    WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭
    Re: CJ Spiller...those high ankle sprains can hold a player back for an entire season. He might not be right until next year.

My QBs have almost done me in. On draft day, Matt Ryan and Colin Kaepernick looked like smart pickups. Now they are both so unreliable, I'm probably going to drop Ryan and pick up Matthew Stafford in a trade -- with my wife! image Yes, she plays too.
  • Options
    Martin, Foster, Spiller, Rice, Richardson...this season has not been kind to highly-ranked running backs..

• Options
    I really hate Fantasy Football.

I cant win in my league.

I cant win on Fanduel.

I Svk.

• Options
    Put a healthy Spiller on the Broncos, Pats, Saints, Seahawks, Panthers...hell even the Cowboys team and he runs for 1800+ easily. The Bills just aren't good and have obviously had some injury issues at QB. Even on his team, if he stays healthy, he probably gets close to 1800.