Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

The official 2014 Topps Heritage thread

Comments

• TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    Now that several of you have busted and sorted your case(s), here is my Dodgers wantlist. I will need a price as I don't plan to bust any product this year.

Thanks!

Base set: 8 10 12 22 40 76 79 84 101 217 219 238 260 287 300 331 370 384 403 426 437 473
    Action Image Variation: 84 300 370 426 437
    Logo Variation: 426
    New Age Performers: Kershaw, Puig, Ryu
    Then & Now: Koufax/Darvish, Koufax/Kershaw, Wills/Ellsbury
    Baseball Flashbacks: Koufax
  • Went to my LCS today because I got the itch after seeing everyone busting. Bought a box and it's the second year in a row that I've not gotten a hit out the 1 box I buy. Furious to say the least. My LCS owner was pretty pissed too. Called Topps and they said that I was the first to call about not getting a hit, but assured me they'd send something to me if I sent in a letter including the receipt and UPC from the box. Then they said I need to make sure to get sig conf. in case something happens. Wish I could say that my Heritage experience has been great like most of you, but so far not so. 2 years in a row...and on St. Patty's day. Guess I'm not Irish enough.

• << <i>Nice dual, Mike! >>

+1
  • my case should be waiting for me when i get home...
  • I've never been a fan of Heritage, but I've been reading all the hype on the boards and I've always loved the original 1965 set. So today at Walmart I figured "what the hell" and bought a rack pack. Didn't get anything that excited me. Got a couple of inserts: Flashbacks Muhammad Ali, Then & Now McCovey//Votto.... and got a blue bordered Carlos Santana. Other than that, all league leaders and base cards. No minis, no autos.

Does any of this interest anybody else out there?
  • bjbrall4bjbrall4 Posts: 277 ✭✭
    I've opened four boxes of my hobby case and have had packs with anywhere from six to ten cards, usually all base cards. One ten card pack had a high number, a TAN, and a BBFB. One six card pack had a refractor and chrome back to back. Overall, I'm probably getting the correct number of cards per box, but I'd certainly be annoyed if I bought a pack and got only six base cards. Anyone else finding this? Would contacting Topps do any good?
  • See above about my box.
  • zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I've opened four boxes of my hobby case and have had packs with anywhere from six to ten cards, usually all base cards. One ten card pack had a high number, a TAN, and a BBFB. One six card pack had a refractor and chrome back to back. Overall, I'm probably getting the correct number of cards per box, but I'd certainly be annoyed if I bought a pack and got only six base cards. Anyone else finding this? Would contacting Topps do any good? >>

I've seen it in the past with this and other products but not in this years. I opened 13 boxes and got everything I was supposed to

Sorry to hear about your box Guru image
  • None here.

Where are the blasters and blisters?
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • oddityoddity Posts: 124 ✭✭

Am I the only one still waiting for my boxes?
    I put my Dual on Ebay yesterday with a BIN/BO and early this afternoon, it had about 15 views and 2 watchers.

Just looked now and it has 199 views and 7 watchers. LOL

Somebody out there's pimping my card but it ain't me. image

Maybe a tracker on another forum but I don't see one on the 2 other forums I look at
  • It's here!

Well hello beautiful...

Schwing!!!

Now just waiting for wife to go to bed so I can get to it... Stay tuned.
    nice!!

good luck!!

• << <i>Am I the only one still waiting for my boxes? >>

Still waiting for my hobby boxes too. Sent a note to blowout today…they said the truck came in late Friday, Inclement weather today so no one in shipping, and they should go out tomorrow. I was originally viewing them as a smaller version of Amazon…now I'm envisioning a two man operation that works bankers hours. Curious how they were able to get their case breaks going though, from what I could tell.
    Check out my Collection @ http://www.zistle.com/YankeesNYY
  • oddityoddity Posts: 124 ✭✭

Yeah, I pre-ordered and when I log in to my account, it still says order processing, and no tracking information. image

• parkerjparkerj Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭
    Bob, pack by pack collation is unlike any other heritage year. Your results are same as all of ours (except guru -sorry!)

If you average it out per box it all adds up fine. And by the case I have found perfect collation. Both cases yielded a master set each.

And two blue plus one red auto per case seems to be the norm along with a black ref and another stamp or mint or some special relic. I am sure there are exceptions but in most all the case breaks I have read it is pretty consistent.

• Through 4 boxes...

Minim Miguel Cabrera 15/100

Doc Edwards Blue Auto

Clubhouse Collection
    Mike Schmidt
    Neftali Feliz
    Fred McGriff

Refractor 565
    Will Myers
    Yu Darvish
    Pablo Sandoval
    Matt Moore

Chrome 999
    Adrian Gonzalez
    Zack Greinke
    Stephen Strasburg
    Matt Kemp
    Paul Goldschmidt
    Albert Pujols
    Carlos Beltran

Sp high numbers
    33 so far

Sp high numbers action shots
    Derek Jeter
    Joey Votto
    Wil Myers
    David Ortiz
  • I am keeping my box toppers sealed for now...
    1 of them is an original 65 card
    Other three are big cards
  • If anybody needs the blue Carlos Santana or the Flashbacks Ali or the TN mccovey/votto, or even base cards of pujols or eaton or some of the others I've got, shoot me a pm. I'm not really a heritage guy and would like to trade for something else.
  • goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    Are any if you selling team sets? I would be interested in the indians with SPs minus Ubaldo.

I would be interested in a few sets. Thanks
  • Do you all find that the Throwback (Nationals) cards retained their value after last year? I know they sold for big $, but they haven't hit eBay quite often, if ever since.

With them being 1:3175, and an estimate of 2.2 million packs - it's safe to say that there are 692 or so of them available - which means roughly 34 each - does that sound right?
  • Mick65Mick65 Posts: 722 ✭✭✭

Seems odd to see these guys in the relics in a retro 1965 set:

Clubhouse Collection
    Mike Schmidt
    Fred McGriff

I guess retaining value of the SSPs depends on demand, not easy to find (based on your figures) and I know I am not actively seeking them. Guess after a year they run out of steam, and it's on to the next chase.

• Guys
    I'm a buyer of original 65 card box toppers still sealed. Let me know if you have any.
  • matthewbschultz83matthewbschultz83 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭
    No retail at Target and now no retail at Wal Mart as I bought all 15 hangers.

I did pull a Nelson Matthews blue auto out of one of them and a Chrome Refractor. Was standard on my SPs, other inserts, blue borders. Hopefully I can have my lists up tonight (tax season is doing a number on me...)

I still need 6 or so SPs, I will want the In Action and Logo Variations. I will try and trade for any SSPs or Uniform Variations. Rangers Chromes, Rangers Purples, and Rangers Minis. I have several SPs, autos, GU, refractors, chromes, purple chromes, and inserts.

I am going to assume I'm good on base and inserts. If someone wouldn't mind posting an insert checklist it would help me greatly. (Dear Topps why can't you number your inserts 1-whatever? Enough with this stupid NAP-whatever the players initials are).

Does it bug anyone else that the chromes are the same numbers as the base set? Couldn't we just do 1-110 or whatever? Is it just me?
    Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

Building Sets, Collecting Texas Rangers, and Texas Tech Red Raiders
  • bjbrall4bjbrall4 Posts: 277 ✭✭
    [qDoes it bug anyone else that the chromes are the same numbers as the base set? Couldn't we just do 1-110 or whatever? Is it just me? >>

With chromes skip numbered, someone without a checklist doesn't know what numbers he's missing. Topps keeps doing these annoying little things (NAP-XX, skip numbered chromes), and we keep buying the product.
  • I have the following available for trade. Looking for as many Heritage Trouts and Jeters I can get so I can three way trade for my vintage needs. I need the New Age Performers Trout card, his base cards, Chromes, refractors, variations, anything. For Jeter, need his SP, Chromes, refractors, variations.

SP cards: I have all available except for Jeter.
    New Age Performers: I have all except for Trout.
    Baseball Flashbacks: I have all to trade you.
    News Flashbacks: I have all to trade you.
    1st Draft: I have all to trade you.
    Then and Now: I have all to trade you.

Send me a PM and let's complete your sets and get me some Jeters and Trouts!

• Anyone see Blasters or Blisters yet?
  • mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Any guesses to the approximate production of the Black Backs (which are really gray)?

Are they available as parallels for all cards in the base set?
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • robert67robert67 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭✭
  • Would the redemption for the 65 set come in a top loader pack or in a regular pack out of hobby box?
  • I just can't win with this stuff. Got in on a break online for Reds and Nationals. I'm only out $10, but I only got 4 cards. I think it's time for me to just throw in the towel and live vicariously through you guys.
  • Checked target and walmart the last 3 days for blasters. Nothing. Target doesn't even have the jumbo hangers yet.
  • I have a feeling that Topps is holding back their Bo Jackson and Saberhagen autos for retail blasters and/or value boxes only. Zero have surfaced so far. This reminds me of 2012 when no one could find Mays or Koufax until the value boxes were released. Wish all autos were equally distributed across all formats.

Craig from Texas
  • I've only seen red autos for mattingly. Was thinking they were inserting blue into retail for him.
  • Going Heritage Hunting later today, but got this in the mail today...hopefully it is a sign of good things to come...
    Red Ink Hanley Ramirez...and Topps was kind enough to send me the # of his uniform when he was a Marlin!

They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time.
  • Mick65Mick65 Posts: 722 ✭✭✭

That's a blast from the past. How long did it take them to fulfill that redemption?
  • Yes, it sure is!
    I pulled the redemption card in December, and redeemed it on topps.com in late January.
    They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time.

<< <i>I've only seen red autos for mattingly. Was thinking they were inserting blue into retail for him. >>

A blue was pulled at our local hobby shop on Saturday. Jlzinck was there I believe and told him to put it on Ebay since there were only 2 reds up at the time. Guess he didn't or it already sold...
  • none here
  • akuracy503akuracy503 Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭
    I know what a blaster ($19.99) package is but what is a "value pack" are they the open retail boxes to choose your own packs?

I have not seen a single rack pack in any of the targets walmarts or local grocery markets.
    I have a feeling our NW distributor is being lazy as the shelves are starting to look empty

CU Ancient Members badge member.

Collection: https://flickr.com/photos/185200668@N06/albums

• Good info. Thx. Love 2 know what it sold 4
    I have a feeling it hasn't been sold yet
    Love this year's Heritage so much, I have another case due in tomorrow image woohoo
  • alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    checked two targets near me today and no heritage. however did receive my box in the mail today and already opened. Red signature Sievers highlight along with black refractor of Jose Fernandez....both are already listed on ebay....
    very nice - couldn't have picked a much better single box
  • jmmiller777jmmiller777 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I just can't win with this stuff. Got in on a break online for Reds and Nationals. I'm only out $10, but I only got 4 cards. I think it's time for me to just throw in the towel and live vicariously through you guys. >>

Ya, I only tried one group break in the past and got like 3 cards. I went for two rangers and one angels team this year. Got a bent corner Trout and a scratched 65 Angel buyback along with a few others. Not real happy, but did better than the first try.
    CURRENT PROJECTS IN WORK:
    To be honest, no direction, but...
    1966-69 Topps EX+
    1975 minis NrMt Kelloggs PSA 9
    All Topps Heritage-Master Sets
  • Does anybody know what the autograph ratio is in retail rack packs? 1 per how many packs? Autos are all that interest me and I'm wondering if it's worth ripping any more.
  • No. Buy the auto you want.