dcarrdcarr Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
Wow ...
At least one recent poster here on this forum is branded a thief,
and the rug is pulled back to expose all the alleged dirt:

Larry Shepherd lawsuit against the ANA, revised filing text

Comments

• bidaskbidask Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is Nadia Moskver still employed?

They should depose her and find out who is telling the truth and who isn't.
    I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Go get em!
  • hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow +1
  • SonorandesertratSonorandesertrat Posts: 5,695 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a dysfunctional organization. Are there any adults left in Colorado Springs?
    Member: EAC, NBS, C4, CWTS, ANA

RMR: 'Wer, wenn ich schriee, hörte mich denn aus der Engel Ordnungen?'

CJ: 'No one!' [Ain't no angels in the coin biz]
  • savoyspecialsavoyspecial Posts: 7,267 ✭✭✭✭
    >>Is Nadia Moskver still employed?>>

I was bored so I did a Google search......do yourself a favor and do like I did image

www.brunkauctions.com

• MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was an interesting read about a very dysfunctional organization!
    Spring National Battlefield Coin Show is April 12-13, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com
  • keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I read half of that and thoroughly skimmed the rest. WOW!
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a Soap Opera! image
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,112 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully any criminal activity on the part of the defendants will result in criminal charges.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow +2

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • ranshdowranshdow Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭
    hot buttered WOW
  • MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,892 ✭✭✭✭✭
    After reading that quickly, I only know two things for sure.

First, I will not be donating anything to the ANA Museum anytime soon.

Second, I have no interest in taking the position of Executive Director, should the opportunity arise.
    Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • StaircoinsStaircoins Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭

• pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,302 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>After reading that quickly, I only know two things for sure.

First, I will not be donating anything to the ANA Museum anytime soon.

Second, I have no interest in taking the position of Executive Director, should the opportunity arise. >>

This.

Additionally, no interest in a staff job either. I've known too many good ex-staffers who have been let go.
  • messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • bestclser1bestclser1 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Wow +2

Wondercoin >>

Great coins are not cheap,and cheap coins are not great!
  • blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow is right but sadly nothing that hasn't been mentioned in other venues. I am actually surprised there were not more names mentioned. I think is Shevlin pursues such a filing there would be several more names added of board members and staff.
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,811 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, after reading this, I wonder how long of a term the current ED will have?
  • streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have a nice day
  • ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,811 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Wow is right but sadly nothing that hasn't been mentioned in other venues. >>

What venues would those be? I think I'm missing out....
  • LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for posting. Looking forward to Sanction's annual updates. image
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • AhrensdadAhrensdad Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭
    Wow is right.
    Successful BST Transactions with: WTCG, Ikenefic, Twincam, InternetJunky, bestday, 1twobits, Geoman x4, Blackhawk, Robb, nederveit, mesquite, sinin1, CommemDude, Gerard, sebrown, Guitarwes, Commoncents05, tychojoe, adriana, SeaEagleCoins, ndgoflo, stone, vikingdude, golfer72, kameo, Scotty1418, Tdec1000, Sportsmoderator1 and many others.

Please visit my website Millcitynumismatics.com
  • 3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Wow, after reading this, I wonder how long of a term the current ED will have? >>

..."term" as in with the ANA & Board; or "term" as in the big house???

Erik
  • daOnlyBGdaOnlyBG Posts: 1,060 ✭✭

<< <i>>>Is Nadia Moskver still employed?>>

I was bored so I did a Google search......do yourself a favor and do like I did image >>

Just Googled her. LOL
    Successful BST transactions with: blu62vette, Shortgapbob, Dolan, valente151, cucamongacoin, ajaan

Interests:
    Pre-Jump Grade Project
    Toned Commemoratives
  • barberkeysbarberkeys Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ANA needs to move its headquarters to Illinois. It would no longer appear dysfunctional in relation to the politicians running this state (sigh).
    Vern
    l
    It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got.
  • CoinRaritiesOnlineCoinRaritiesOnline Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭✭
    So, they don't know what's in their own museum?

It's too hard to do an inventory?

And they don't want anyone investigating what was taken or who took it?

Sounds all good to me.
  • ColonelJessupColonelJessup Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know most of the people involved and have no firsthand info of the actual events alleged.

Consequently, my opinion on "facts" as yet to be established is worthless.

However, if you read my wife's divorce filings................image
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Geo. Orwell
  • LogPotatoLogPotato Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭✭
    What a joke. I'm glad I stopped my membership when I did.
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Wow ...
    At least one recent poster here on this forum is branded a thief,
    and the rug is pulled back to expose all the alleged dirt:

Larry Shepherd lawsuit against the ANA, revised filing text >>

Thanks for posting this. I wonder if the numismatic press will cover this sad state of affairs in detail and what effect this will have on membership renewals. With great sadness, after 33 years as an ANA member, I won't be renewing my membership. I'll especially miss their magazine but I can't bring myself to continue to support such a dysfunctional and corrupt organization.image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,890 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow. Makes me think twice about renewing my membership.
    You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.
  • Suit includes RICO charges. That's serious stuff.

Also, I never thought of the ins and outs of salacious office politics in terms of a lawsuit before. This makes me wonder about what could have happened in various environments I used to work in.
    "YOU SUCK!" Awarded by nankraut/renomedphys 6/13/13 - MadMarty dissents
  • jonathanbjonathanb Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Also, I never thought of the ins and outs of salacious office politics in terms of a lawsuit before. This makes me wonder about what could have happened in various environments I used to work in. >>

a) I had to wonder the same thing!
    b) Although filing a lawsuit is a step beyond making unfounded allegations, nothing has been proven yet. I'm guessing that the final outcome, whenever it comes, will be somewhat less encompassing than hoped for in this document.

Does anyone have a guess at a timeframe moving forward? I assume that this will drag out for years and years?
  • LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Things always look straight forward when you've heard only one side of the story.

Looking forward to seeing the response and final outcome, if it's made public and we all live long enough.
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Read most of the filing, googled Moskver. Enough dirt here to bury Colorado Springs. Maybe the Smithsonian should take the collection and the government disband this entire group. I will no longer support such a corrupt organization. Very sad.image
  • PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A negitive post about Nadia looks like it came from a man, but don't rule out that it maybe a female trying to discredit an other female for personal gain.

In FACT an email was sent out to everyone on Nadia's outlook email account, which points to someone at the ANA.

Unless one has FIRST hand account knowledge post like that one should be taken with a grain of salt.

In any case Nadia, I would stand by her at any time.

There are some not so nice people at the ANA that got away with dirt and now it is comming to the surface.
    Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Things always look straight forward when you've heard only one side of the story.

Looking forward to seeing the response and final outcome, if it's made public and we all live long enough. >>

If this is settled out of court we may never know the "other side of the story". I know enough now that I know I have no desire to renew my membership there.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• orevilleoreville Posts: 11,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, makes me wonder why I paid for a lifetime membership!!!!
    A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Corrupt organization with members lining their own pockets. Should be entirely dissolved and assets turned over to the Smithsonian. Cheers, RickO
  • crypto79crypto79 Posts: 8,623

<< <i>Corrupt organization with members lining their own pockets. Should be entirely dissolved and assets turned over to the Smithsonian. Cheers, RickO >>

Agreed
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Life Membership dues are equivalent to lawyer's retainer fees. image

This is worse than a negative feedback on eBay.
  • DrPeteDrPete Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭
    Absolutely amazing stuff!

Even trying to read the complaint and amended complaint in the light of "two-sides-to-a-story," I find the whole situation very disturbing. The ANA is very troubled and needs a thorough review of all its business practices (especially security and inventory control issues), probably best by someone outside of the organization? Not sure who could do this effectively, and not sure if a Congressional investigation is warranted or appropriate.

Dr. Pete
  • SteveSteve Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭
    I read the revised lawsuit last week via Coin World. My reaction was "soap opera" and how much of this stuff is real? But what is important to me is to get it all out. I think holding back important details from the ANA members is just plain WRONG! Using "legal" excuses doesn't make the situation better. I learned on this forum that the vote to fire Jeff Shevlin was 5 to 4. WOULD ANYONE HERE WHO KNOWS THE FACTS BE WILLING TO NAME THE FIVE BOARD MEMBERS WHO VOTED TO FIRE JEFF? I think that would be a good public service to the ANA members who seem to have to rely on lawsuit details to learn anything pertainent about our organization. Steveimage
  • orevilleoreville Posts: 11,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How is the ANS able to do things right compared to the ANA?
    A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • Shouldn't we separate "management" from the on-going numismatic activities of the ANA.

There are often dirty pollitics and other shanagans at centers of power as too often slippery types are drawn to where their proclivities and talents can be exercised to personal advantage.

Maybe we should all pitch in and increase our participation, oversight and support of the ANA rather than throw out the numismatic babies with the dirty bath water? Rob
    Modern dollars are like children - before you know it they'll be all grown up.....

Questions about Ikes? Go to The IKE GROUP WEB SITE
  • SonorandesertratSonorandesertrat Posts: 5,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>How is the ANS able to do things right compared to the ANA? >>

I think that the problems facing the ANA reflect the competing agendas of its membership. The interests of dealers, auction houses, grading firms, etc., frequently do not coincide with those of pure collectors. Internal ANA problems are not new---there were power grabs and controversies more than 50 years ago.
    The ANS is more focused on numismatic research and scholarship---its membership base is smaller, includes far more academics and fewer dealers. Its museum is also more professionally run.
    Member: EAC, NBS, C4, CWTS, ANA

RMR: 'Wer, wenn ich schriee, hörte mich denn aus der Engel Ordnungen?'

CJ: 'No one!' [Ain't no angels in the coin biz]
  • dbcoindbcoin Posts: 2,200 ✭✭
    If I was the new guy in charge, I'd fire everyone, audit and catalogue all the coins, and start over. Sell off some of the donated coins to run operations until things are stabilized.
    What a zoo

Until something like that happens, I would never donate money or coins to the ANA.
  • Bayard1908Bayard1908 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭✭
    The conduct alleged is egregious; however, I was not impressed by the quality of the complaint and am not particularly confident that it will survive in federal court in Chicago. I could see this case getting dismissed immediately or getting transferred to federal court in Colorado and then dismissed or thrown into Colorado state court if the RICO claim fails.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file