Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Update ANA/Shepherd lawsuit revised filing lists names, exposes the "dirt"

124»

Comments

• Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,886 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Why couldn't Simco be revived by Mr Sheperd after he left the ANA?

If anything Mr Sheperd was even more well known among collector/dealers because of his tenure as a former ANA executive director. >>

For those of you that have the PCGS Calendar, this month's coin, the awesome PCGS MS68+ Antietam Half, and write up is all about Larry and SIMCO so I'm guess that coin was/is his coin. >>

I took the calendar down this weekend while company was here.
    I'll just leave it that Miss July was not very easy on my eyes.
  • Options

<< <i>After being an ANA menber for 28 years, I let my membership lapse four years ago because I was unhappy with its management and misdirection. I'm surprised there haven't been more who were fed up and said "Adios!" The only reason I kept my membership as long as I did was to get The Numismatist, but its articles were becoming fewer and less scholarly, and I can't say that I miss it.

Jim >>

I believe there are many people that feel the way you do. This is just sad!

Although I read the Numismatist and find it very interesting, a top notch magazine, and I am not a coin collector at all.

Cecilia
    Jeff Shevlin
  • Options
    GregLGregL Posts: 470
    The ANA and associated defendents has filed an amended answer to the Larry Shepherd complaint. Details can be found on PACER.

Greg
    Greg Lyon, ANA Board of Governors 2011-2017 -- The views represented here are my own personal opinions and do not represent those of the American Numismatic Association.
  • Options
    StaircoinsStaircoins Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭

ANA's amended answer filed 7/22 (PDF, 2.9Mb)

Enjoy ...

• Options
    dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>ANA's amended answer filed 7/22 (PDF, 2.9Mb)

Enjoy ... >>

#37) Did Robin Sisler quit, or was he fired ? Did he receive any severance pay ?

#38) If the defendents lack knowledge sufficient to form a belief as to the truth of this allegation, how can they deny the allegation ?

• Options
    dbcoindbcoin Posts: 2,200 ✭✭
    With all your dues money wasted on lawyers, why would anyone want to be an ANA member? Seriously!!! Tear up your ANA cards, mail them back to the ANA and starve the beast. This is a dysfunctional organization.
  • Options
    LostSislerLostSisler Posts: 521 ✭✭✭
    edited January 6, 2024 9:11PM
    Because to Err is Human.
    I specialize in Errors, Minting, Counterfeit Detection & Grading.
    Computer-aided grading, counterfeit detection, recognition and imaging.
  • Options
    Some minor movement in the case happened today when the federal judge overseeing the case in Illinois ruled in favor of the ANA's motion to move the case from the Northern District of Illinois to the District of Colorado.

Based on the venue transfer, the judge did not rule on the motion to drop Kim Kiick and Jay Beeton as defendants based on their being added to the lawsuit after the statute of limitations had expired. That motion will be heard again once the case moves to Colorado.

Greg
    Greg Lyon, ANA Board of Governors 2011-2017 -- The views represented here are my own personal opinions and do not represent those of the American Numismatic Association.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,230 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks foor the updates.

we appreciate them.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    Lawyers must love ctrl+c, ctrl+v.
    Brandon Kelley - ANA - 972.746.9193 - http://www.bestofyesterdaycollectibles.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file