Home Precious Metals
Options

SBSS: Freedom Girl launched today

carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭
Chris Duane @ SBSS has launched their 4th coin today, Freedom Girl.

Its a riff on the Peace Dollar. Very nice work IMHO.

I am fairly impressed with the uniqueness of their offerings to date.

Certainly different and at $2.99 over spot , right in the wheelhouse of any other common bullion issue.

Link

Loves me some shiny!

Comments

• Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,240 ✭✭✭
    cool round. your link has too many https's in it.
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    link fixed

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info. I'll get a few of both.

COA
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

how was the quality on the other rounds you got from them carew?
  • Options
    The quaity has greatly improved from the 1st issue.

Proofs were the biggest issue.

From what I understand , new equipement is now being used
    and the Trillium coins were fantastic.

I am in no way affiliated with SBSS, I just like the product....so far.

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    sold almost 20,000 in 24 hours!

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice rounds image
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's going to be a big seller. Very nice!image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    Got one FG to get the copper round (WTH, why not).

Got five SQ proofs to flip (WTH, see what happens).

FG's hair is wild and free, yet a disorganized mess at the same time. (WTH is that all about)

Might get FG proofs if SQ proof flip works out. (WTH, see what happens, redux)
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carew, which ones do you own? They are pretty cool

MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

<< <i>Got one FG to get the copper round (WTH, why not).

Got five SQ proofs to flip (WTH, see what happens).

FG's hair is wild and free, yet a disorganized mess at the same time. (WTH is that all about)

Might get FG proofs if SQ proof flip works out. (WTH, see what happens, redux) >>

I did a bunch of ebay searches on the coin before the slave queen and the proofs don't sell for more than the uncs . check out the thread from a week or 2 ago the links might still be good
  • Options

<< <i>Carew, which ones do you own? They are pretty cool

MJ >>

MJ,
    So far I have ordered all 4 releases. I am not getting rolls, just 5 of each BU and a couple of proofs.
    I have very pleased with the quality and the artwork.
    If it all turns sour (I understand the guy has an aggressive plan to release about 30 "medallions" per year),
    then I have some really cool rounds for show and tell.

As long as he/they maintain the $2.99 over spot, I don't see why I would not acquire future issues, if I like the artwork.

I think the next one involves Roman soldiers. We shall see.

Bye the way, I understand that they call them medallions instead of coins and put no monetary value so that they
    can push the "Open Currency-Hard money" angle without attracting FBI attention. They learned that from NORFED.

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Carew, which ones do you own? They are pretty cool

MJ >>

MJ,
    So far I have ordered all 4 releases. I am not getting rolls, just 5 of each BU and a couple of proofs.
    I have very pleased with the quality and the artwork.
    If it all turns sour (I understand the guy has an aggressive plan to release about 30 "medallions" per year),
    then I have some really cool rounds for show and tell.

As long as he/they maintain the $2.99 over spot, I don't see why I would not acquire future issues, if I like the artwork.

I think the next one involves Roman soldiers. We shall see.

Bye the way, I understand that they call them medallions instead of coins and put no monetary value so that they
    can push the "Open Currency-Hard money" angle without attracting FBI attention. They learned that from NORFED. >>

Thank you for taking the time to reply and being so forthright. I obviously need a new silver round radar detection system. This one sailed over my head and under my butt. MJ
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    Ok, I'm intrigued. What did the first 2 releases look like? The quality looks good.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

<< <i>Ok, I'm intrigued. What did the first 2 releases look like? The quality looks good. >>

here they are in order, only the last 2 are still available.

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    InYHWHWeTrustInYHWHWeTrust Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭
    That Trivium one is cool (we use the classical paradigm in our home education) and interesting how the symbol was placed on FG's L deltoid, also way cool image

Kids would never go for the Tshirt on the site, but I might just be nerdy enough image

Do your best to avoid circular arguments, as it will help you reason better, because better reasoning is often a result of avoiding circular arguments.
  • Options

<< <i>

I did a bunch of ebay searches on the coin before the slave queen and the proofs don't sell for more than the uncs . check out the thread from a week or 2 ago the links might still be good >>

The trivium?

Linear designs don't sell.

Skeleton designs sell well on coins.

For whatever reason. I have no idea why.

The FG proof with the wild hair and profile is a seller based on cost and rarity when the issue runs out. MHO.
  • Options

Most of the searches I did were for the debt and death coin. The proofs didn't seem to sell for more than the BU's . BU's in lots were selling around the same price as ASE's but singly some went as high as 80$ . I'm not sure if those numbers were shill bid up or genuine its hard to tell these days. I took a quick look today but a lot of my old searches were broken by ebay's recent changes and its frustrating to plod through the system now. :

The slave queen thread wasn't well received here and since I wasn't buying any myself I stopped looking

Supposedly wildcard searches are gone but I've heard that is possible to still use wildcards if you set them up and save them as RSS feeds.

Also until recently if you manually edited the search URL and changed it from ***************i.html to *************** m.html you could access old search on a one time basis .

When you couple the loss of easy access to wildcards, the inability to browse up the category trees, the 12 hour or more delay in seeing completed auction listings and the hiding of best offer accepted its become a lot harder to research these things image
  • Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    I gotta say I saw these earlier over on CT and I really like the design!
    Just ordered some....breaks up some of the monotony of the ASE stack.
    Best
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    All like all of these. MJ
  • Options

<< <i>Chris Duane @ SBSS has launched their 4th coin today, Freedom Girl.

Its a riff on the Peace Dollar. Very nice work IMHO.

I am fairly impressed with the uniqueness of their offerings to date.

Certainly different and at $2.99 over spot , right in the wheelhouse of any other common bullion issue.

Nice but way over spot right now
    UCSB Electrical Engineering....... USCG and NASA
  • Options
    InYHWHWeTrustInYHWHWeTrust Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

The trivium?

... >>

Trivium of Classical Education: Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric

Trivium Shirt on SBSS

really itching that FG now, and the shirt will have to come along, too...
    Do your best to avoid circular arguments, as it will help you reason better, because better reasoning is often a result of avoiding circular arguments.
  • Options
    dantheman984dantheman984 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭
    I ordered 10 of each. (not rolls. Just want to test the waters.) I like the designs. I am into "different". Just like the Silver Bullets. LOL. I sell in a couple of local antique shops and I know these will sell. image
  • Options
    What is the marking on her shoulder?
  • Options

<< <i>What is the marking on her shoulder? >>

allow me to help

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>What is the marking on her shoulder? >>

allow me to help >>

That's a pretty slick website you linked there! image
    "In the absence of the gold standard, there is no way to protect savings from confiscation through inflation [...] Gold stands in the way of this insidious process. It stands as a protector of property rights." - Alan Greenspan
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anybody gotten orders yet? I saw somebody had a freedom girl on kitco forums in hand. Been 2 weeks here....although it did say the 20th or so for shipping when I ordered.
  • Options
    Anybody gotten orders yet? I saw somebody had a freedom girl on kitco forums in hand. Been 2 weeks here....although it did say the 20th or so for shipping when I ordered.

I think that they are holding to their original committments on delivery timing, and I've also noticed that the ship date keeps moving back one day at a time for new orders as well.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

<< <i>Anybody gotten orders yet? I saw somebody had a freedom girl on kitco forums in hand. Been 2 weeks here....although it did say the 20th or so for shipping when I ordered.

I think that they are holding to their original committments on delivery timing, and I've also noticed that the ship date keeps moving back one day at a time for new orders as well. >>

I am waiting after 2 weeks as well image
  • Options
    Sigh, another week, order still 'processing'.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Freedom Girl is a very attractive round....Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    My first order was 1/5. I have yet to get an honest answer from those guys. Not sure this is the right place for my cash but like a fool I'm hanging in there. I pulled my order in Canada though, another poorly managed sale.
  • Options
    Reports of dealers being filled first. Folks ordering fom provident last week have product in hand. Sigh. My small order will be my last.
  • Options
    First in last served, disappointing for sure.
  • Options
    I concur with the above.
    I sent in my check first day of release.
    No rounds yet.
    I will NEVER order from these jokers again!
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here. My order was placed on 1/6 - Nothing yet. image
  • Options
    dantheman984dantheman984 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭
    I emailed them about my order and they are not responding. I had a feeling it was going to take some time but I wish they would email me back to let me know something.
  • Options
    I sent an email requesting cancellation and full refund.
    No reply.
    I just called them....after a delay with on hold and "your call is important to us" I was channeled to a "please leave a message".
    Really poor service here.
  • Options
    No email response here yet either on order inquiry.
  • Options
    tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
    They must be swamped. However, Provident has them and say in stock? 32.18/33.14$
    COA
  • Options
    Saw this on another forum. Looks like SBSS isn't the only AOCS marketing plan -

DOR

• Options
    It bothers me to get the promotions from them showing the Mulligan mint and Willy producing rounds for "patient customers" but it would seem only dealers are getting product? I thought this was more of a power to the people movement. Between guys dropping coins or tossing them in a bucket on you tube , these guys really seem clueless but again, I'm still waiting. That said I'm not sure they would let me cancel anyway considering the communication skills to date.
  • Options
    the site says you can cancel by sending them an email, but it would be a buy-back at current prices-I assume that means spot not the spot+2.99 they charged. additionally there is a $35 fee.
    so if you bought on opening day you'd be out about $5.50 ea plus the $35, I am assuming.
    Guess I'll keep waiting but I will not be ordering in the future.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Reports of dealers being filled first. Folks ordering fom provident last week have product in hand. Sigh. My small order will be my last. >>

Really? Provident has this posted on their web site.

"Now available for pre-sale with shipping to begin March 6, 2013!" @ $44.12 per round

Provident

It always surprises me when someone buys privately minted silver rounds for almost the same price as ASE's.image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    the presale at $44 is for the proofs
    they have had the BU in stock for about a week currently the same premium 2.99
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Reports of dealers being filled first. Folks ordering fom provident last week have product in hand. Sigh. My small order will be my last. >>

Really? Provident has this posted on their web site.

"Now available for pre-sale with shipping to begin March 6, 2013!" @ $44.12 per round

Provident

It always surprises me when someone buys privately minted silver rounds for almost the same price as ASE's.image >>

Kitco folks misled then.

5 weeks+ is too much time with these as advertised though.
  • Options
    I wont ever purchase from them again.. F em
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>the presale at $44 is for the proofs
    they have had the BU in stock for about a week currently the same premium 2.99 >>

My mistake.... you are correct.

bullion version
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    Well, if anyone from SBSS is reading this thread, they must know that how they handle this new product rollout will determine whether or not they ever get any repeat business for future projects. Their website does make mention of many more "projects". If they treat the little guys poorly, they will go away, myself included. That's how capitalism is supposed to work.image

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    Still no response to my email order inquiry. 3 days. But we have daily email newsletters, derp.