Home Precious Metals
Options

Post your best investment ideas for 2013!!! 3rd Quarter results posted!

Comments

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No kidding! Maybe at the end of this, everyone entered in the contest should send Wings a silver quarter (half dollar if they're in the red at the end) and everyone reading this enjoying it vicariously should send him a silver dime.

Then after new years day, he sends the winner 50% of the silver, second place 20%, third place 10%, and keeps the rest

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    joefrojoefro Posts: 1,872 ✭✭
    I'd be in for that. I really appreciate all the work Wings is doing for this contest.
    Lincoln Cent & Libertad Collector
  • Options
    WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭✭
    End of the first quarter is upon us.

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stupid cows bringing me down.
  • Options
    mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭
    Cool, thanks for all the work you are putting in to put this together.

Ray
  • Options
    chart of a sector outperforming

since it's a precious metals forum, this sector of investment may not be relevant to many here, but maybe some loved ones have used one of the products they develop

this is why it's interesting, and suggests why the biotechs could continue to outperform the indicies, due largely to demographic spending on healthcare

Biotech bull market

example 2 year performance BIIB <--- Shout out to MJ for pickin' it!)

Interesting week, good luck out there!

• Options
    More losers than winners now.

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used leverage this year, and I expect to have a stellar 3rd & 4th quarters when the bond market has its heart attack. Until then, I suck bad.image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I'll go out on a limb and say I'm not going any lower! image

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I used leverage this year, and I expect to have a stellar 3rd & 4th quarters when the bond market has its heart attack. Until then, I suck bad.image >>

Throw another penny in the wishing well
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    << I used leverage this year, and I expect to have a stellar 3rd & 4th quarters when the bond market has its heart attack. Until then, I suck bad. >>

That's not my actual wish. I was only trying to win the contest. My actual wish is that they would stop destroying the dollar and the economy, but I know that's not happening.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    CoulportCoulport Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I think I'll go out on a limb and say I'm not going any lower! image >>

What about % change? image
    The most money I made are on coins I haven't sold.

Got quoins?
  • Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    Wingsrule...you're currently 2nd from the bottom. You can't win your own contest, people would talk image jk of course
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options
    I'm looking much better since I turned my monitor upside down! image

• Options
    MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow. What a fun read... I've been up, I've been down. Silver is killing me! Battery tech sure is volatile also!

Thanks Wings for all your hard work keeping this together, I'd be happy to donate a silver dime, quarter of half wherever I end up!
  • Options

<< <i><< I used leverage this year, and I expect to have a stellar 3rd & 4th quarters when the bond market has its heart attack. Until then, I suck bad. >>

That's not my actual wish. I was only trying to win the contest. My actual wish is that they would stop destroying the dollar and the economy, but I know that's not happening. >>

The economy enjoyed a perfect storm from 1950 to 2000 due to the end of WWII, end of Communism, global baby boom, tremendous advances in medicine and technology. It would be extremely difficult to match those circumstances so any expectations of a return to that economy is wishful thinking. Just because the economy may not be as good as in 1986 or 1996 or 2006 does not mean it is being destroyed.

The bond market implosion you expect in 200 or so days will not occur.

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,200 ✭✭✭✭✭
    globalization is a big factor in the destruction of our economy. A nation with a high standard of living cannot compete with production from a country that works for pennies on the dollar. Production, not finance, is the engine of economic growth.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    The bond market implosion you expect in 200 or so days will not occur.

I bet on the implosion to win a contest, not in real life. The European Model is showing us that a bond debacle can be extended *almost* indefinitely. I do agree with Sinclair and Willie in that the BRICs will continue to pressure the dollar with their bilateral trade agreements, and that gold will continue to benefit from the trend being set by other countries towards taking physical possession of it.

The Lehman meltdown has shown us that not everything is controllable by central bankers and governments. They like to invent new terms such as rehypothecation and tail risk to accomodate changes in how finance continues to morph into new areas. At some point, and I don't know when it will be - people will throw in the towel on the house of cards and start over without these guys.

Production, not finance, is the engine of economic growth.

It's even more daunting when there is overcapacity.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    It's even more daunting when there is overcapacity.

And that precisely is the problem. We and the globe have too many factories, too many warehouses, too many corporate offices, and in China, too many apt buildings.

Expecting a return to an economy that created the overcapacity is foolhardy. We need to stop with the doom and gloom rhetoric as this "new normal" is not doom or gloom. It is just a reversion to a longer term mean. It is not the end of the world or global economy.

I disagree with Willie and Sinclair about the BRICs circumventing the dollar. Neither of these countries trust each other and any agreements among them will be very tenuous, at best.

• Options

<< <i>And that precisely is the problem. We and the globe have too many factories, too many warehouses, too many corporate offices, and in China, too many apt buildings. >>

too much risk resulting from easy money.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It's even more daunting when there is overcapacity.

And that precisely is the problem. We and the globe have too many factories, too many warehouses, too many corporate offices, and in China, too many apt buildings.

Expecting a return to an economy that created the overcapacity is foolhardy. We need to stop with the doom and gloom rhetoric as this "new normal" is not doom or gloom. It is just a reversion to a longer term mean. It is not the end of the world or global economy.

I disagree with Willie and Sinclair about the BRICs circumventing the dollar. Neither of these countries trust each other and any agreements among them will be very tenuous, at best. >>

FYI. I'm going to Cambodia and Vietnam on Saturday to perhaps open my own business. China has become too expensive for a lot of American retailers.

MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It's even more daunting when there is overcapacity.

I disagree with Willie and Sinclair about the BRICs circumventing the dollar. Neither of these countries trust each other and any agreements among them will be very tenuous, at best. >>

The brics might not trust each other but why should they trust us? Our financial geniuses destroy everything they touch maybe they would rather just go to hell in their own handbasket. image
  • Options
    Is it too late to change my pick to Bitcoins? image

• Options
    The picks, from page 5:

• Options
    . I'm going to Cambodia and Vietnam on Saturday to perhaps open my own business. China has become too expensive for a lot of American retailers.

My sister is in the process of relocating a medical devices manufacturing facility from China. Too expensive.

China will be spending its "vast reserves" on itself, to keep the people happy. Certainly dont want 15% unemployment in China. With a population of 1.6 billion, those unemployment checks could get overwhelming. Or as they say, idle minds/hands are dangerous. Yup, gotta keep the people busy.

• Options

<< <i>.. I expect to have a stellar 3rd & 4th quarters ... >>

yuuup!

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What happened to the weekly updates?
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options

<< <i>What happened to the weekly updates? >>

Assuming everyone else stayed the same I dropped to 55th place.imageimage

• Options
    I'm down 92% at the moment, but it's all part of my master plan! image

• Options

<< <i>I expect to have a stellar 3rd & 4th quarters >>

Did you mean: "cellar"image
  • Options
    A little comic relief for all the metal freaks...

• Options

A triple leverged silver ETF is not doing the worst?

• Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>image

A triple leverged silver ETF is not doing the worst? >>

Cohodk has got your back. With junior gold miners having the worst 3 months of any period since 2008 how could there 9 people behind me? Oops...forgot about leverage.
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    I've got whiplash.

Gotta hope AAPL doesnt drop another $140.

Im seeing the miners as oversold, but not grossly oversold. The bleed could continue.

• Options

<< <i>image

A triple leverged silver ETF is not doing the worst? >>

I call your triple levereged silver ETF and raise you a SLV Jan 2014 32.00 call! image

• Options
    TWQGTWQG Posts: 3,145 ✭✭
    The juniors/explorations got crushed.
    I thought GDXJ bottomed three months agoimage
  • Options
    calleochocalleocho Posts: 1,569 ✭✭
    Go netflix!

BTW Rhodium has to to be the most boring investment ever
    "Women should be obscene and not heard. "
    Groucho Marx
  • Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    As a spectator, I'm wishing you all the best!

As a relative newbie to the PM board who looks to you all for advice, it's not comforting to see so many in red image
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options

<< <i>As a spectator, I'm wishing you all the best!

As a relative newbie to the PM board who looks to you all for advice, it's not comforting to see so many in red image >>

Don't take anything here as advice, take it as opinion. image

Keep in mind all of the picks were based on where the position will be on Dec. 31. Everything between now and then is entertainment.

• Options

<< <i>As a spectator, I'm wishing you all the best!

As a relative newbie to the PM board who looks to you all for advice, it's not comforting to see so many in red image >>

My pick is up 23% so far today, so my advice must be rock-solid!

(Please ignore the fact that my pick is down 89% year-to-date.) image

• Options
    follow the bouncing ball image

• Options
    streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could a been a - contenda.

Should have stuck with Sprint. Now it has two suitors

They are doing nothing right and everybody wants them.

Who knewimage
    Have a nice day
  • Options
    SlangNRoxSlangNRox Posts: 774 ✭✭
    I wish I followed my own advice for stock pics. Can't believe I'm sitting in 7th place. Picked Walgreens, but sold all of my options over a month ago when it got to $45-46 image At least I'm doing good using the fake money on this forum
  • Options
    yup

• Options
    Notables for the week...
    Average portfolio gains 5 percentage points.
    Red Wings make the playoffs for an unprecedented 22 consecutive years, the longest record of any professional sports team.
    Cohodk continues his rubber band performance as Apple actually went up $20 or so.
    Silver went up!

• Options
    JulioJulio Posts: 2,501
    Hey Wingsrule where did I finish last year? Been indisposed and can't find it now. Thanks. Take care.jws
  • Options

<< <i>Hey Wingsrule where did I finish last year? Been indisposed and can't find it now. Thanks. Take care.jws >>

He's busy....review the below link for your last years finish.

2012 investments
  • Options
    JulioJulio Posts: 2,501
    Thanks OPA much appreciated. Wingsrule tore loose from his busy schedule and sent me a PM. I'm just sorry I missed this years debacle. image. Take care. jws
  • Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭

<< <i>yup >>

Great video cohodk.
    Never saw anything like that before.
    Enjoyed the side trip!
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    Traders be lovin' the volatility. If/when metals scream higher, the whole thing get shuffled yet again. Going to be a really interesting year.