What denomination?
  • Options
    MoldnutMoldnut Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, the quarterimage
    Derek

EAC 6024
  • Options
    Moldnut

Where did you land that baby I looked at 20 stores/Ebay/Heritage could only find 2...the one I purchased in VG-08 and another in F-15 both PCGS. They where asking 469$ for the F-15. So how where able to land a VF-25 that low....do you have pics?
  • Options
    SmEagle1795SmEagle1795 Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1795 $5 S/D, 1796/5 $5, or 1797/5 $5 in AU50-55.

The real question is how long will I continue to have to wait...
    Learn about our world's shared history told through the first millennium of coinage: Colosseo Collection
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got mine check first post.image
  • Options
    LindeDad

You picked up a 1914-S quarter? In what grade?
  • Options
    MoldnutMoldnut Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Moldnut

Where did you land that baby I looked at 20 stores/Ebay/Heritage could only find 2...the one I purchased in VG-08 and another in F-15 both PCGS. They where asking 469$ for the F-15. So how where able to land a VF-25 that low....do you have pics? >>

Brian Greer.
    Derek

EAC 6024
  • Options
    Moldnut

Just found the link very very nice coin!!! If ever you want to sell or trade please let me know!!! Or trade + cash I will make it worth your wild.
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>LindeDad

You picked up a 1914-S quarter? In what grade? >>

No I got a Princess I meant my first post not yours.

• Options
    LindeDad

My mistake!!
  • Options
    DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>I have a hunch it is going to be an 1878-P 7/8 Tailfeathers Weak VAM 44 Morgan. >>

Good Luck on your King of Vams. I saw that coin. Very nice. >>

Umm... I seriously doubt that anyone knows which example I'm talking about, and I have no idea which one you're talking about. My likely acquisition will be via private party. >>

You mean the Tripled Blossoms and leaves in Liberty's headdress,and the reverse with doubled legs and an extra 5 small tailfeathers. Is that the one you mean? >>

BuzzyBest: My apologies. I thought you were referring to a specific example of VAM 44 that was for sale which you had seen. When I made my initial post I was speaking of a specific example that I already knew might be available from a private party.
    When in doubt, don't.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 31, 2022 4:58PM

Decade old thread alert.

That fella passed away 2 years ago, who I previously mentioned. A world war 2 veteran.
    https://www.tributearchive.com/obituaries/15147134/Edward-J-Micek

Anything new ? I'm looking for a nice AU '96-S Morgan. Tough find. And my customer will crack it out for his album :blush: Tried squeezing DLRC on eBay. That isn't working. :joy:

• Options
    LeeBoneLeeBone Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭✭✭

96-S in AU is a tough find.
    Took me quite a long time to locate one, especially in a PCGS Slab.
    I had to "pay up" for this one and I did when I had the opportunity.
    PCGS AU58 CAC

• Options
    BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,741 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just bought another commem. Stupid things are addictive. A few years ago I vowed never to buy one. Now, I've got high-grade examples of half of them.

:)

• Options
    nwcoastnwcoast Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m down to the really tough ones.
    The 93-s Morgan
    Maybe a 16-d Mercury
    Or, the 16 DDO Buffalo?
    I have also been thinking about getting a $10 No Motto Indian…
    Just not sure!

Happy, humble, honored and proud recipient of the “You Suck” award 10/22/2014

• Options
    lermishlermish Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭✭✭

@nwcoast said:

I just got mine in a few weeks ago... Gorgeous coin I love it, it's one of my favorites. Highly recommended! Now I just need to save up for my no motto $20...

• Options
    OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭✭✭

@nwcoast said:
    The 93-s Morgan
    Maybe a 16-d Mercury
    Or, the 16 DDO Buffalo?
    Just not sure!

What grade on that 16-D?

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Options
    nwcoastnwcoast Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OAKSTAR said:

@nwcoast said:
    The 93-s Morgan
    Maybe a 16-d Mercury
    Or, the 16 DDO Buffalo?
    Just not sure!

What grade on that 16-D?

Hopefully somewhere in the 12-15 ish range.

Happy, humble, honored and proud recipient of the “You Suck” award 10/22/2014

• Options
    OmegaraptorOmegaraptor Posts: 528 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hopefully a 1794 Large Cent

"You can't get just one gun." "You can't get just one tattoo." "You can't get just one 1796 Draped Bust Large Cent."

• Options
    OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭✭✭

@nwcoast said:

@OAKSTAR said:

@nwcoast said:
    The 93-s Morgan
    Maybe a 16-d Mercury
    Or, the 16 DDO Buffalo?
    Just not sure!

What grade on that 16-D?

Hopefully somewhere in the 12-15 ish range.

I'm looking also. I'd be lucky to afford an 8!

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,127 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BryceM said:
    I just bought another commem. Stupid things are addictive. A few years ago I vowed never to buy one. Now, I've got high-grade examples of half of them.

They have the advantage of being different...

• Options
    FloridafacelifterFloridafacelifter Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BryceM said:

I’ve come so close to falling into that trap (poor word choice- it’s a great series no disrespect) sitting at Bonnie’s table looking at all the beautiful toned commems- so far I have been able to resist……

• Options
    lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow... old thread alert but still relevant!

I'm in selling mode to get rid of the rest of my Small Cent collection and I'll likely sell off a few Morgan Dollars to fund my summer purchases...

Top 3 on my Want List:
    7070 Type Set... probably a Seated "Something"... there are a bunch I'm still missing...
    Large Cent for the Middle Date set: 1823 in VF
    Box of 20: something relatively inexpensive... especially if I buy one of the above!

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • Options

@Floridafacelifter said:

@BryceM said:

I’ve come so close to falling into that trap (poor word choice- it’s a great series no disrespect) sitting at Bonnie’s table looking at all the beautiful toned commems- so far I have been able to resist……

Bonnie has some nice stuff. At a Vegas invitational I was so VERRRRRRRRY tempted by an unworldly Stone Mountain commem. The color and luster were tremendous. It was priced very strongly, but probably appropriately. Try finding another one like it. The next day it was gone.

• Options

@BryceM said:

@Floridafacelifter said:

@BryceM said:

Bonnie has some nice stuff. At a Vegas invitational I was so VERRRRRRRRY tempted by an unworldly Stone Mountain commem. The color and luster were tremendous. It was priced very strongly, but probably appropriately. Try finding another one like it. The next day it was gone.

If I get one, I’m sure I’ll want them all! Gateway coin!

• Options

This happened to me! I was opposed to the idea of commems and I generally don't collect coins "made for collectors." No proofs in my collection, for instance.

But, as luck would have it, I found out my first cousin, four-times removed is Cyrus Dallin, designer of the Pilgirm. Well, I had to have one of those....... Yup. From the 1920 it was a short slide to the 1921, and from there to a really pretty Oregon Trail. See, I live a few miles from the trail and wagon ruts in the rocks can still be seen in some places.......

Well, that's how they get you............ ;)

• Options

@BryceM said:
    This happened to me! I was opposed to the idea of commems and I generally don't collect coins "made for collectors." No proofs in my collection, for instance.

But, as luck would have it, I found out my first cousin, four-times removed is Cyrus Dallin, designer of the Pilgirm. Well, I had to have one of those....... Yup. From the 1920 it was a short slide to the 1921, and from there to a really pretty Oregon Trail. See, I live a few miles from the trail and wagon ruts in the rocks can still be seen in some places.......

Well, that's how they get you............ ;)

Haha I hear you! Nice coins and nice presentation! I am not nearly so gifted when it comes to computer graphics!

• Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,832 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m trying to finish my Indian half eagle collection. More than likely that’s where my money will go.

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    hfjacintohfjacinto Posts: 766 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a 1867 IHC in AU 55 on hold on my local coin shop, that's the next numismatic purchase I am making. Although I may pick up 10 Silver Dimes and a Maple Leaf or Philharmonic before the IHC.

• Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have no idea.

Usually when I buy something, it is the first time that I have ever seen it. That is what makes it soooo fun :)

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,511 ✭✭✭✭✭

There is no way of knowing because I don’t know what will become available. I would like it to be something that expands my 1936 to 1942 Proof set collection, but it’s slow going.

The cents I need, which are neither of the 1936 coins, get priced to the moon (for something that not all that important) at auction.

I found one Mercury Dime that needed, but the dealer wanted way over the “Coin Facts” price and way, way over the recent auction results.

The quarters I need are usually not worth the slabbing fees, and too many coins are covered with a thick layer of film from the celluloid sleeves where they were stored. This includes some coins with CAC stickers.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭✭✭

It seems the CRO early bird email always tells me what my next purchase HAS to be! :o

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • Options
    humanssuckhumanssuck Posts: 325 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Floridafacelifter said:
    If I get one, I’m sure I’ll want them all! Gateway coin!

Buy the commems! Then maybe you'll stop being interested in those other proof coins that you definitely dont need and should let others of us have...

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,373 ✭✭✭✭✭

For me it will be a modern coin.
    First aim is a Kennedy of course.
    Still need some 2022 pr70 proof set coins and thirdly, The American Innovation coins also in pr70 Dcam and reverse proofs in pr70.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    Stingray63Stingray63 Posts: 299 ✭✭✭

Most likely a coin I wasn't looking for.

Pocket Change Inspector

• Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭✭✭

I haven't seen the coin yet.
    JIm

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    OmegaraptorOmegaraptor Posts: 528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 1, 2022 5:46PM

Another coin type I don’t have but really want is the Draped Bust Half Dollar. The 1805-07 coins are affordable and they are beautiful, historic coins. Gotta look for an original piece with a good strike as many of them are not.

"You can't get just one gun." "You can't get just one tattoo." "You can't get just one 1796 Draped Bust Large Cent."

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,485 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know what my next coin purchase will be but I'll know it when I see it. :)

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 1, 2022 7:31PM

would almost bet on it being another Capped Bust Half! ;)

“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242
  • Options
    semikeycollectorsemikeycollector Posts: 932 ✭✭✭✭✭

The big fish- A better date Liberty 5.00 in EF or AU. I only get 1 or 2 a year.
    Small fish- An African coin or other foreign coins from a country which no longer exists.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file