Home Sports Talk
Options

49ers...Curtain Drops on this Season of Infamy...Exposed as Overrated Pretenders With No Defense

Comments

• Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only part of the game that's been worth watching is Beyonce! image

Steve
  • Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The only part of the game that's been worth watching is Beyonce! image

Steve >>

And the poor 1st half play killed any mood to watch Beyonce or any of the commercials. I put the TV on mute through all of halftime.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭
    JACOBY JONES !!!!!!
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options
    Game over.

Team can walk back to Santa Clara. All seasons 1995-today, same result. 2-14, 6-10, 13-3 record? Doesn't matter. No Super Bowl win = failed season.

What's the difference between a 2-14 record and a Super Bowl loser? The 2-14 team gets an early draft pick. Other than that everything else is the same.
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    Longest runback in the history of the league!? (all-time, regular season, post season.....) image

Steve
  • Options
    Sing it Don.....

Turn out the lights, the party's over.........

(Must of been a 49er fan! image )

Steve
  • Options
    Okay, they finally get on the board with a TD. Likely was too little too late.
  • Options
    It isn't over until it's over .---- Sonny
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least it is a game now.
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options
    1985fan1985fan Posts: 1,952 ✭✭

<< <i>Game over.

Team can walk back to Santa Clara. All seasons 1995-today, same result. 2-14, 6-10, 13-3 record? Doesn't matter. No Super Bowl win = failed season.

What's the difference between a 2-14 record and a Super Bowl loser? The 2-14 team gets an early draft pick. Other than that everything else is the same. >>

I would suspect the fans of the other 30 teams in the league would change places with the niners in a second.
  • Options
    If the Niners win you should just walk away with your head hung low.
  • Options
    lbcoach20lbcoach20 Posts: 868 ✭✭✭

<< <i>If the Niners win you should just walk away with your head hung low. >>

No doubt. Kap just scored.
  • Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Game over.

What's the difference between a 2-14 record and a Super Bowl loser? The 2-14 team gets an early draft pick. Other than that everything else is the same. >>

Definition of bandwagon fan.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Game over.

Definition of bandwagon fan. >>

Pardon me but when it's all said and done nobody remembers the team that lost in the Super Bowl. Who lost to the Packers two years ago? I can't remember without Googling it and neither can lots of others.

Game is a lot closer now but I still don't think they'll pull it off.

If I'm wrong and the Niners pull it off I'll stand up straight and take the shots with my chin up high.
  • Options
    2 minute warning . Wow what a great game !!!

Go Ravens ( I hope ) ---- Sonny
  • Options
    Lose by 2, lose by 42, lose by 3 TD's...does not mattter. You still lost.

Again there is no difference between a 4th place division team and a Super Bowl loser. Both teams were failures.

Lights out on this failed season. Now walk back home.
  • Options
    I was hoping for a great game . Congrats to the Niners coming back and making it a game .

Time for bed , and hopefully a good day at work in the morning .---- Sonny
  • Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    From an NFL fan from north of your border, I got to say that was one great Super Bowl game.

Both teams I thought played great.

A lesser team would have folded after the first half but San Fran came storming right back (thanks to an electrician who is probably a 49er's fan).

And then a lesser team than the Ravens wouldn't have stayed strong and won it in the second half.

Both teams showed greatness.
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options
    Guess what? The 49ers end their season in the same position as the Jacksonville Jaguars did...NO RING. Wait, no, the Jaguars come out on top because they have the 2nd overall pick in the draft.

So much for all that hype.
  • Options
    Would've rather had them lose by 38 points. What's the difference between losing by a field goal and losing by 38 points? Nothing. A loss is a loss.
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Lose by 2, lose by 42, lose by 3 TD's...does not mattter. You still lost.

Again there is no difference between a 4th place division team and a Super Bowl loser. Both teams were failures.

Lights out on this failed season. Now walk back home. >>

yeah there is. a 4th place division team probably has a top 5 to top 10 pick in the draft. your niners will select 31st.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He He He........go Ravens!

No # 6 for S.F.
  • Options
    Now it's official...19 failed seasons in a row and counting.

Again nobody cares nor remembers which team lost in the Super Bowl. People only remember the winners.
  • Options

<< <i>Now it's official...19 failed seasons in a row and counting.

Again nobody cares nor remembers which team lost in the Super Bowl. People only remember the winners. >>

Think of my poor Maple Leafs.

Been since 1967 since they wonimage

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

• Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    The 49ers played 2 quarters of football. That made the difference. You can't freaking do that in the Super Bowl!
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options

<< <i>The 49ers played 2 quarters of football. That made the difference. You can't freaking do that in the Super Bowl! >>

And the Ravens played 3.

• Options
    And it makes me sick how everybody in 49ers universe keeps talking about the 5 trophies. Those 5 were won in the last century before half the fan base was born. It would be great to win one this century.

I can imagine in the year 2050 the media will still be talking about the same 5 Super Bowls. By that time other teams will have racked up 10 or more.
  • Options

<< <i>And it makes me sick how everybody in 49ers universe keeps talking about the 5 trophies. Those 5 were won in the last century before half the fan base was born. It would be great to win one this century.

I can imagine in the year 2050 the media will still be talking about the same 5 Super Bowls. By that time other teams will have racked up 10 or more. >>

You should move to Canada because you're starting to think like a Leaf fan!!

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,587 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Terrific game, almost as much drama as one of WTCG's posts, LOL..

I'll tell you one thing--this kid Kap can play. He has a bright future ahead of him..

Congrats to the Ravens...and the Niners deserve credit for not quitting and making
    a valiant effort. Would have liked to have seen Kap try to run it in down close instead
    of trying to pass each time for the TD.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>And it makes me sick how everybody in 49ers universe keeps talking about the 5 trophies. Those 5 were won in the last century before half the fan base was born. It would be great to win one this century.

I can imagine in the year 2050 the media will still be talking about the same 5 Super Bowls. By that time other teams will have racked up 10 or more. >>

You should move to Canada because you're starting to think like a Leaf fan!! >>

Heck, I'm a fair weather San Jose Sharks fan. My best friend is a season ticket holder of the Sharks. We had lunch today and we had the same conversation we've always had for the last 8 or so years. Every year the Sharks make the playoffs but regardless of how good they are in the regular season one fact holds true...they will choke in the playoffs. And every year the same set of fans keep thinking "hey, this might be our year!" No it won't be our year. Sharks are 7-0-1 right now and there's that same "this is our year!" talk buzzing around.

I'm afraid the 49ers will fall into the same hole as the Sharks. They'll make the playoffs most years but disappoint when it counts.
  • Options

<< <i>Terrific game, almost as much drama as one of WTCG's posts, LOL..

I'll tell you one thing--this kid Kap can play. He has a bright future ahead of him..

Congrats to the Ravens...and the Niners deserve credit for not quitting and making
    a valiant effort. Would have liked to have seen Kap try to run it in down close instead
    of trying to pass each time for the TD. >>

Valiant comeback, good effort, whatever. Sounds good on sentimental level but the bottom line is the team lost and is coming home without a Lombardi trophy. They're in the same boat as the Seahawks, Raiders and every other last place team except those teams get better draft picks.

Again there is no difference between them going 1-15 on the season or losing in the Super Bowl. There isn't.
  • Options
    dtkk49adtkk49a Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭
    Kaepernick is not Tom Brady or Big Ben. In the end, the Niners missed the experience and leadership of Alex Smith in the big game.
    Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"
  • Options
    PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Kaepernick is not Tom Brady or Big Ben. In the end, the Niners missed the experience and leadership of Alex Smith in the big game. >>

Funny joke, I like it.
  • Options
    1985fan1985fan Posts: 1,952 ✭✭

<< <i>

Valiant comeback, good effort, whatever. Sounds good on sentimental level but the bottom line is the team lost and is coming home without a Lombardi trophy. They're in the same boat as the Seahawks, Raiders and every other last place team except those teams get better draft picks.

Again there is no difference between them going 1-15 on the season or losing in the Super Bowl. There isn't. >>

Actually, there is a difference.

Better free agents want to play on a winning team, period. People would rather play in SF with a winning coach in Harbaugh than in Oakland, period, and it's not even debatable. You drone on and on about draft picks, but it usually takes years and years for them to perform. Teams that stink usually continue to stink, because they can't attract high quality free agents.

Anyone suggesting that there's no difference between going 1-15 and losing the super bowl isn't a football fan. Either that, or they're a wildly ignorant one.

WTCG I don't know you, but your posts reek of a recent bandwagon fan. A real 49er fan, a long-suffering fan would LOVE the vast improvements in the last couple years over the previous decade plus of irrelevance.
  • Options

<< <i>Kaepernick is not Tom Brady or Big Ben. In the end, the Niners missed the experience and leadership of Alex Smith in the big game. >>

No way. If Alex Smith played the game would have ended 34-9. Come to think of it it wouldn't have mattered because it doesn't matter if you lose by 3 points or 25 points. A loss is still a loss.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Again there is no difference between them going 1-15 on the season or losing in the Super Bowl. There isn't. >>

Actually, there is a difference.

Better free agents want to play on a winning team, period. People would rather play in SF with a winning coach in Harbaugh than in Oakland, period, and it's not even debatable. You drone on and on about draft picks, but it usually takes years and years for them to perform. Teams that stink usually continue to stink, because they can't attract high quality free agents.

Anyone suggesting that there's no difference between going 1-15 and losing the super bowl isn't a football fan. Either that, or they're a wildly ignorant one.

WTCG I don't know you, but your posts reek of a recent bandwagon fan. A real 49er fan, a long-suffering fan would LOVE the vast improvements in the last couple years over the previous decade plus of irrelevance. >>

Good draft picks perform from day one. RG3, Andrew Luck, JJ Watt, Aldon Smith, etc. didn't need years to develop. Look at the Redskins and Colts. One good draft pick can change the entire dynamic of a team. 49ers fans forget that the Alex Smith trajectory is not the norm. It does not take 8 years for a first pick to turn into a halfway palatable QB.

You are a lot more optimistic than I am. Personally I think the window for a Super Bowl win all but closed tonight. With the rest of the NFC West quickly improving it'll be a tough battle just to make the playoffs much less win the division. If it can't be done soon the free agents will depart and the players under contract will want their release. I say if it isn't done by 2014 it'll be back to the dark days of 2004. It'll cost Harbaugh his job and result in every player of consequence demanding their release.

"There's next year" is a phrase that makes me tear my hair out. If they couldn't get it done this year and with the rest of the division and league improving their game there is no real chance they'll get it done next year. Which team has lost a Super Bowl one year then won it the very next year? NONE.

Yeah the team is better overall now than they were in 2004 but the 2004 team and the 2012 team end their season with the same result...no Lombardi trophy.
  • Options

<< <i> If they couldn't get it done this year and with the rest of the division and league improving their game there is no real chance they'll get it done next year. >>

I think Kap might get better with experience. He looked like an inexperienced rookie QB making his 10th career start tonight for a large portion of the game, since he was.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i> If they couldn't get it done this year and with the rest of the division and league improving their game there is no real chance they'll get it done next year. >>

I think Kap might get better with experience. He looked like an inexperienced rookie QB making his 10th career start tonight for a large portion of the game, since he was. >>

My gut is telling me he's on the road to earning himself a new nickname...Dan Marino 2. What a waste of talent.
  • Options

<< <i>My gut is telling me he's on the road to earning himself a new nickname...Dan Marino 2. What a waste of talent. >>

Steve Young went 0-2 in NFC championship games before finally winning a SB as a starting QB. I'm not saying Kap is the next Steve Young, but you can't write the dude off, yet.

And how long did John Elway torment Broncos fans before winning 2 straight?

• Options
    9 Pro Bowlers, a bunch of alternates. Who cares?

Bottom line is this: Ninerland has no reason to celebrate anything tonight. They should be P.O'd if anything. The team laid an egg in the most important game of the year and by the time they realized they had to pull their pants up it was too late. They came in as the favorites, the bright lights of the media caused enough distractions and they ended up as the team face down on the canvas. They get this far only to trip and fall flat on their faces.

And regarding Chris Culliver, I won't even start other than to say he got burned alive on the field after getting burned alive by the media before the game.

And what the hell was the deal with the play calliing on the last drive? Greg Roman, the college level caliber offensive coordinator just isn't getting it done. This wasn't the only game he's effed up this season. Remember the Rams game?

The fan base is taking this whole playoff/ Super Bowl thing for granted, thinking the team will be back in the Super Bowl next year and the year after that the same way Houston Texans fans were talking about the Super Bowl last September. Considering how the rest of the NFC West and the rest of the NFC at large is going I'm not even sure if the team will make the playoffs next year much less make it to the Super Bowl.

And with salary cap issues looming, there will definitely be a talent drain that's bound to happen.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>My gut is telling me he's on the road to earning himself a new nickname...Dan Marino 2. What a waste of talent. >>

Steve Young went 0-2 in NFC championship games before finally winning a SB as a starting QB. I'm not saying Kap is the next Steve Young, but you can't write the dude off, yet.

And how long did John Elway torment Broncos fans before winning 2 straight? >>

On the flip side don't forget Dan Marino. When Marino lost the Super Bowl in his second season nobody was worried because they figured he'd be back in the Super Bowl many times during his career. Uh, yeah. That's the mentality the fans and local media are taking with the Niners now.
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    As a Ram's fan I can tell you I am very envious of your team and the near future it has. Only ONE team wins it each year but at least the 49ers have a VERY bring near future. The Rams are on the way up but the 49ers are there.
  • Options
    lightningboylightningboy Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭
    Which team has lost a Super Bowl one year then won it the very next year? NONE.

Cowboys lost Super Bowl V, then won Super Bowl VI
    Dolphins lost VI , then won VII and VIII

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,587 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WTCG, you are one funny dude, LOL!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    WTCG, I hope you don't have any sharp objects or shoe laces on or near your person. image
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,839 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since I live in the SF Bay Area and since the Ravens beat my favorite teamimage I was hoping that the 49rs would have won the game yesterday.

Hats off to the Ravens. They won the game by getting out to a big lead, then weathering a SF comeback and stopping SF at the 5 yard line when it appeared that the 49rs would score a TD to take the lead with less than 2 minutes to go.

SF is now 5-1 in the title game and it can no longer bask in the glory (aka "The Thrill Of Victory") of being undefeated (even though its 5 wins took place between 19 and 31 years ago). Now SF and its fans can join the other clubs who lost a Super Bowl and felt "The Agony Of Defeat". The Thrill Of Victory is way better than The Agony Of Defeat.

BTW, there are now only 4 teams that are undefeated in the Super Bowl. They are the N.Y. Jets (1-0), New Orleans (1-0), Tampa Bay (1-0) and Baltimore (2-0). Further only four teams have never played in the Super Bowl, Houston, Detroit, Cleveland and Jacksonville.

Maybe WTCG will cheer up soon as Spring Training begins in a couple of weeks, the Sharks are playing well (as they usually do int he regular season before they crash in the playoffs) and surprisingly the GS Warriors are playing far better than they have done so in about 20 years and look like a lock for the playoffs.
  • Options
    Seriously if I hear that "there's always next year" garbage one more time I will stab someone.

Coulda, woulda, shoulda, whatever. Bottom line is they're coming home without a trophy just like 30 other teams. Only difference is they have 4 fewer weeks of vacation time than the rest of the league.

Time have that talk, the talk about which players and coaches should be shown the door. Let's start with Greg Roman and Chris Culliver.
  • Options

<< <i>Maybe WTCG will cheer up soon as Spring Training begins in a couple of weeks, the Sharks are playing well (as they usually do int he regular season before they crash in the playoffs) and surprisingly the GS Warriors are playing far better than they have done so in about 20 years and look like a lock for the playoffs. >>

The Sharks could go undefeated the rest of the season and they will still choke out in the first round of the playoffs like they have every year since 2000. Besides, nobody other than the folks in the northern border states watches hockey. The Warriors? I have a better chance of winning the Mega Millions than them winning anything. Besides I'm not even a Warriors fan, not even a bandwagon one.

My belief is the Sharks will not win the cup in my lifetime and now I'm leaning towards thinking the Niners are headed that way.
  • Options
    I think all 49ers fans are disappointed with the loss. Sure there were some no calls late, but the 49ers missed their chance by making too many mistakes early on. You have the James fumble, the INT, and the penalties that either set the 49ers back or gave baltimore 1st downs.

But as a fan of the 49ers, I do like the improvements over the previous year. Getting Alex Smith off of the team is huge, as well as getting Kaepernick some very valuable experience. Kaepernick definitely needs to work on getting out of the huddle faster, being more aware of the play clock, and work on his progressions. Keep in mind that they were going to run it on 2nd down until they burned that timeout because of the clock. Losing that timeout proved to be pretty costly. Also on the 3rd down play on the out route by Crabtree, Kaepernick had Walker wide open in the endzone. Instead he forced the pass to his first read (crabtree).

I hate saying there is always next year. But the future does look bright. As a Bulls fan, I had to watch them fail in the late 80s over and over against the Pistons. Same with the 49ers against Dallas in the 90s. But they both finally broke through.
  • Options
    One more thing. I know the 49ers and the Jags seasons both ended w/ no Trophy. But I would rather have my favorite team just have to correct a few simple mistakes to have a shot to win a Super Bowl than to have to overhaul an entire roster like the Jags.

There are some positives to most situations.