Home Sports Talk
Options

49ers...Curtain Drops on this Season of Infamy...Exposed as Overrated Pretenders With No Defense

Comments

• Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Hmm, this is a change. Usually it's the community trying to talk WTCG off the ledge after a 49er loss, not trying to talk him TO the ledge. >>

I just don't think adults should ever blame the refs. EVER. You win some and you lose some. Beyond that the 49ers are a good team. They just got steamrolled yesterday.
  • Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    Just like how coffee cures hangovers, the Arizona Cardinals were the perfect cure for the blowout hangover from last Sunday. The Arizona Cardinals really suck and they were the perfect team to build momentum on for the playoffs. Coupled with Green Bay's loss the Niners clinch the 2nd seed and a first round bye.

What did we learn from this game? The offense stepped it up in the 2nd half but the 1st half was absolutely dreadful. Can't do that if you want to survive the playoffs and as good as your team's defense is you can't expect them to keep it up when the can't get them off the field.

The David Akers turned into crap watch is still on and is going in full speed mode. Missed two more attempts today, from 40 and 44 yards out. It's gotten so bad for him the team's looking at Billy Cundiff as a stopgap solution.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    dogwooddogwood Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭✭
    I just want Seattle at the Stick for a playoff rematch. Honestly a victory in that game and anything else is gravy, W or L beyond that.
    Justin Smith is the team MVP. We go as he does.
    We're all born MS70. I'm about a Fine 15 right now.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,587 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here are my predictions for the rest of the season:

Chicago: LOSS - MASSACRE (48-3 if they're lucky. 58-0 if they aren't)
    at New Orleans: LOSS - MASSACRE (48-13; 21-0 by the end of the first quarter.)
    at St. Louis: LOSS. If they can't beat them at home, what are the chances they'd have a shot on the road in the dome?
    Miami: LOSS. Miami looked bad against Tennessee today but it seems like they always play well in the West.
    at New England: LOSS. aka THE BOSTON MASSACRE of 2012. (45-10, if they're lucky enough to score a touchdown.)
    at Seattle: LOSS. Beating Seattle in Seattle? No damn chance.
    Arizona: Maybe they'll pull this one off.

Congratulations on a 6-9-1/ 7-8-1 season. Team can feel free to book that January Hawaii vacation.

This season is over. Yesterday: 4th in power rankings. Right now: 28th in power rankings, if they're lucky.

Quite an insightful perspective from a devoted fan...

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    Kapernick vs the Packers: 183 yards rushing, 263 yards passing, and 4 TDs, 2 rushing, 2 passing. WOW!!!!
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    Is the sky still falling?

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>Is the sky still falling? >>

WTCG only gets apocalyptic when his team loses. An understandable position since the last time the 49ers were in a Super Bowl was in 1995, which was the end of the era of 49er dominance.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,780 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously could you imagine if the 49'ers lost how bad WTCG would be thrashing them right now image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Is the sky still falling? >>

WTCG only gets apocalyptic when his team loses. An understandable position since the last time the 49ers were in a Super Bowl was in 1995, which was the end of the era of 49er dominance. >>

He's been pretty ornerey when they win sometimes, too, LOL..

• Options
    (Really) late to the party...

I spent last night travelling back from the FUN convention in Orlando so I watched the entire game from the DirectTV on board a United 737-900.

It didn't start off well but CK7 buckled down and shined. He sets the QB game rushing record and generates 444 total yards of passing and rushing offense. The offensive output was impressive, especially for a team that isn't known for putting up big scores. Hopefully this game will calm down the QB controversy that's been plaguing the area since the Bears game.

While the offense stepped it up the defense at times looked a bit sketchy. Got to stop giving up those big plays even if it is Aaron Rodgers throwing those passes. Seemed like at times the Packers marched down the field with too much ease and for a team that doesn't run the ball well they had a few too many good runs.

Great win but it's time to move on to next Sunday's match.
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options

<< <i>Seriously could you imagine if the 49'ers lost how bad WTCG would be thrashing them right now image >>

It depends on the opposing team and the circumstances of the loss really. If they lost in a non blowout way against the Packers wouldn't be as p.o.'d as if they lost to let's say, the Vikings.
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,839 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats to the 49rs.

Impressive win over the Packers.

Here is a point to ponder. Last off season the 49rs were interested in signing Peyton Manning. If Manning had chosen SF instead of Denver he would have stepped in as a starter. Alex Smith would have been let go. If Manning had been playing QB for SF and suffered the concussion that Alex Smith did in mid season, do you think that Harbaugh would have replaced Manning permanently with CK and made Manning the back up QB?

CK is showing that he has "mad skills" (can run like a gazelle, can throw the long ball and makes good decisions on the fly).

It looks like CK is going to be a great QB for the 49rs for a long time to come. So would Manning have too much gravitas to avoid Harbaugh benching him like he did Alex Smith in mid season? Or would Harbaugh's gravitas trump that of Manning?

Your thoughts please.

• Options
    Is it better to be heading to Atlanta to face the Falcons who are 8-1 at home this year, or would it have been better to have the Seahawks come to SF?

• Options
    I think I speak for the majority when I say I would rather take on the Dirtybirds in Atlanta over the Seahawks. As much as I hate to admit it the Seahawks are dangerous and at this point you wouldn't know what version of the team would show up: the late season hot team or the guys who lost to the Dolphins and Lions.
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭
    The road to the Super Bowl comes through Atlanta, not SF. Pack your bags, chumps.
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    Niners fans should be happy going to ATL over playing Seattle...already favored by 3 and a half over the Falcons.
  • Options
    dogwooddogwood Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭✭
    Poor Seahawks would have loved to come to the 'Stick next week for a bash. We'll never know how that would have turned out now.
    As they say, the 2 (4) best teams are still playing.
    The Falcons are a darn good team, apparently. They remind me a lot of the Packers, Saints, Patriots..., the kinds of teams the Niners are built to defeat. On the road, even.
    34-20, 49ers.
    We're all born MS70. I'm about a Fine 15 right now.
  • Options
    I am just glad you didn't jump off the cliff a month or two back when the world was coming to an end.

Good luck in the ATL.

If I were a Niner fan I would MUCH rather play the Falcons than the Seahawks. Seattle was looking scary good. Yes they lost but they have confidence. Wow.

I don't see the Niners beating the Patriots in the Super Bowl but will be fun for Nor Cal to have a team playing in it.

• Options

<< <i>I don't see the Niners beating the Patriots in the Super Bowl but will be fun for Nor Cal to have a team playing in it. >>

If it is the Pats, the Niners beat them once this year, and Kap wasn't even running that much. But I know, post-season brings out different stuff in the guys playing in it.

Personally, I think a "Harbowl" would be more interesting.

• Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    I would not be worrying about who they are playing in the superbowl until I got there if I were you.
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    I think it will be very close either way.
  • Options

<< <i>I would not be worrying about who they are playing in the superbowl until I got there if I were you. >>

It's fun to talk about it though.

• Options

<< <i>I would not be worrying about who they are playing in the superbowl until I got there if I were you. >>

I am not "worrying" as I am not a Niners fan. I am discussing. I am not often "worried" about sports though. I am curious who my Rams will draft but not worried about it.
  • Options
    Some how, the word "worry" has become synonymous with "interest" and "concern."

• Options
    Giants win the WS, Niners win the SB.
  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I expect SF will roll vs ATL, without too much trouble. I'll go 31-21

Dave

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paging Wei to beat down David Akers..................MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    Falcons: We don't want it, you take it. (interception)
    49ers: I could never, you take it. (missed FG)
    Falcons: No, seriously, here you go. (fumble)
    49ers : This is your house, you take it. (fumble)
    Falcons: I said YOU TAKE IT! (punt)
    49ers: Ok ok, fine. (TD)

• Options
    Harbaugh on Aikers:

• Options
    It's the Har-bowl!

• Options
    Not much to say about the NFC Championship game against the Falcons. Falcons came out strong but fizzled in the end just like they did the week before while mistakes on both sides were costly.

The real deal comes in two weeks against the once thought to be dead in the water but now suddenly resurgent Ravens.
  • Options

<< <i>Paging Wei to beat down David Akers..................MJ >>

We here in the Bay Area have been doing that for several months already. We've beaten that dead horse down past pulp status. Now it's just horse puree.

49ers brought in Billy "the goat" Cundiff and he and Akers had a kick-off down at the practice field two weeks ago. Neither did better than the other. I can't remember the exact results of that scrimmage as reported by the news but both kickers were around 30/50.
  • Options

<< <i>49ers brought in Billy "the goat" Cundiff and he and Akers had a kick-off down at the practice field two weeks ago. Neither did better than the other. I can't remember the exact results of that scrimmage as reported by the news but both kickers were around 30/50. >>

At this point, why not have Alex Smith take a few practice kicks and see what he's got? #REDEMPTION

• Options
    As for Alex Smith, it's interesting how many people are hypothesizing about his future. They forget he's still under contract for another two seasons so there's the chance he's not going anywhere. On the other hand, this coming draft class is one of the weakest for quarterbacks in recent memory so his trade value is higher now than it has been or probably will be at any time in the future. The KC Chiefs are desperately looking for a decent QB and they have the first pick in the draft. I'm smelling a potential win-win scenario for the Niners.
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    I guess I have missed the Alex Smith speculations. Trade is possible. I'm sure the 49ers would buy back some of that contract, how much and for what(who)?

Aikers is not 100% physically and Harbaugh thinks he's still good to go with his recent spasmo accuracy?
  • Options
    Well Im officially a 49'ers Fan until after the Super Bowl.

As far as Alex Smith is concerned, I laugh my balls off remembering a few people last year touting him as an "Elite" QB image
  • Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Well Im officially a 49'ers Fan until after the Super Bowl.

As far as Alex Smith is concerned, I laugh my balls off remembering a few people last year touting him as an "Elite" QB image >>

Paul , Paul , Paul --- If I were you , I'd hand out some of the disappointment to those on the Patriots team that decided that the effort wasn't worth it . Even if some consider them to be elite . I could not believe some of the plays that occurred , when effort could have possible turned the tide in the other direction .

On a side note , I'm glad there wasn't any new rules created during or after the game .

Non the less ---Go Ravens !!!! ------ Sonny
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options

<< <i>Well Im officially a 49'ers Fan until after the Super Bowl.

As far as Alex Smith is concerned, I laugh my balls off remembering a few people last year touting him as an "Elite" QB image >>

I wasn't one of them that's for sure.

Despite that he's still better than the starters of many other teams. I'd take him over guys like Jay Cutler, Mark Sanchez, Matt Schaub and Tony Romo.
  • Options
    Glad Kap decided to pursue football instead of baseball (he was drafted as a pitcher by the Cubs in the 43rd round of the 2009 draft).

• Options
    So, what happens if Kap gets hurt in the first few minutes of the game, and Alex Smith comes in and goes nuts for 6 TDs and wins the MVP?

• Options

<< <i>So, what happens if Kap gets hurt in the first few minutes of the game, and Alex Smith comes in and goes nuts for 6 TDs and wins the MVP? >>

The same morons that were shouting out that he was an elite QB last year will start yelling it out again image
  • Options

<< <i>So, what happens if Kap gets hurt in the first few minutes of the game, and Alex Smith comes in and goes nuts for 6 TDs and wins the MVP? >>

As unlikely as the first part of that sentense is from happening, the latter part is even more far-fetched. Let's face it, Smith was always going to be
    no more than a "manage the game" type of QB, while Kap can actually take the team on his back and make plays to win the game.

• Options
    Penalty on the first play from scrimmage, no TD in the red zone and now a fumble. Baltimore scores two TD's while the 49ers answer with a turnover.

Wait, no, that's 2 turnovers!

So far this game has the making of a disaster.
  • Options
    Offense can't score. Defense can't stop jack squat. How did this team make it into the playoffs in the first place?
  • Options
    Go Ravens !!!!
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the play with the scrum and penalties how did Williams for the Ravens stay in after helmet off and totally pushing a ref?
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options
    Great overrated defense by the way. Each big play given up makes me wanna puke one chunk at a time.

Chris Culliver is getting scorched one pass at a time. Distracted by the bright media lights, he's been the cancer to the team in more ways than the one on the field.
  • Options
    PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭✭
    The 49er's offense is so conservative. What is up with that?
  • Options

<< <i>The 49er's offense is so conservative. What is up with that? >>

Probably got spooked by the INT and the 2 or 3 passes that should have ended up picked off.
  • Options
    I've heard from a legitimate source that the 49ers are at halftime attempting to trade Jim for John .----- Sonny