Home Sports Talk
Options

49ers...Curtain Drops on this Season of Infamy...Exposed as Overrated Pretenders With No Defense

WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
It's train wreck games like this afternoon's massacre by the NY Giants that have me convinced that the 49ers are in fact nothing more than a paper powerhouse team propped up by media hype. Not only did they embarrass themselves on national coverage, they embarrassed themselves in front of their fans. Niners were lucky the Giants only scored 26 points. By all accounts the final score should have been 38-3 or 42-6.

The defense was as porous as an old sponge. The offense sucked. Special teams sucked. Everything about the team sucked.

As I tweeted, it's apparent that Elvis and pre 2011 Alex Smith have something in common. People want us to believe they're gone but in reality they're here, alive and well.

It is obvious the 2011 Alex Smith was a fluke. Every person who follows the 49ers who didn't drink the Alex Smith Kool-Aid saw this game coming. It exposed him for the caliber of quarterback he really is. When the running game gets shut down Smith has to resort to a passing game. When he's pressured he makes awful decisions that's exacerbated by his inability to throw accurate, well timed passes. If he isn't sacked he throws into tight coverage or he floats his passes. The result? At best incompletions. At worst, interceptions deep in their own territory.

Playoffs? Are you serious?

The Seahawks just beat the Patriots. 49ers play the Seahawks on Thursday. In other words the 49ers next loss is on Thursday. I believe this weekend is the turning point in the season when the team descends into oblivion.

Of course, someone mentioned the fact that both Joe Montana and Steve Young have lost games by bigger margins. The thing is both those guys have multiple Super Bowl rings. The only way Alex Smith will ever go to the Super Bowl is if he buys a ticket.
Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"

Comments

• Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    I love NoCal. The sky is falling! Help!

It's one loss. Relax.

I am not a Niners fan at all but I can tell they are a great team. It's obvious. They are not historically great but nobody is right now.

They still have a very chance at getting to the Super Bowl.
  • Options
    Rumor was when Alex Smith was having dinner after the game as he was trying to pass the beans they were intercepted and brought back into the red zone.

Here's my prediction for the rest of the team's season:

Seattle: LOSS
    at Arizona: LOSS
    Bye Week: (mercifully)
    St. Louis: LOSS
    Chicago: BIG LOSS
    at New Orleans: BIG LOSS
    at St. Louis: LOSS
    Miami: LOSS
    at New England: LOSS. aka THE BOSTON MASSACRE of 2012
    at Seattle: LOSS
    Arizona: LOSS
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options

<< <i>It's one loss. Relax. >>

After watching them play today I don't think they'll never win another game this season.

Okay they beat the Bills last week but let's admit it, any top 20 college team could beat the Bills right now. Ditto with the Jets.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are certainly quick to jump off your team's bandwagon after a poor game or two....was there room on the Giants' wagon for you again??

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    The more I think about it the more I think the Niners made a mistake to not sign Peyton Manning. Peyton in a wheelchair would be an upgrade over Alex Smith. At least give Kaepernick a try as a full game starter.

Too bad the Niners can't turn back time to 2005 to draft Aaron Rodgers instead. The team would've had a real quarterback and wouldn't have had to spend the last 7 years in denial.
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    I'm going to take a year off and let WTCG run the SF Giants thread for 2013. I'm sure it'll be interesting.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    Alex Smith is not an elite QB and the 49ers aren't a perfect team. But they're a darn good team. And darn good teams get the crap kicked out of them every now and again.

Texans got beat up on this evening. Bad. At home. To a team that last week lost to the Colts. Who just lost to the Jets. BIG TIME.

And the 49ers beat the team who beat the Texans.

So, it's okay. Sometimes these things happen.

They'll bounce back and ease on into the playoffs just like last year.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,526 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WTCG you have to remember the golden rules about the NFL, ANYTHING can happen at any time, if it made perfect sense every gameday it wouldnt be the NFL.

You got a good football team, Alex Smith is not an "Elite" QB but he is a good QB.

They had a bad game, it happens keep your chin up man.
  • Options
    WTCG-
    You off the ledge, I hope?

It's a long season. Your team will end up 12-4 or maybe 11-5 and be in one position for the playoffs.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Year after year it always seems to be the same thing ... THE GIANTS do not get the credit they deserve until the playoffs start. They are a damn good team with, IMO, a future Hall of Famer at QB. Your 49ers lost to a good team ... ALL teams lose a game or two. RELAX.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WTCG predicting that the 49rs will not win another game this season is ......................... BOLD ..................... and many would say somewhat overly pessimistic. I hope he is not correct in his prediction.

The NFL is compelling in many respects because you have such unpredictability, every week. Who would have thought that the 49rs would get trounced yesterday while the Packers put a beat down on the Texans?

There is something to say for the NFL having so many teams that are capable of winning the title each year.

I like the fact that the NFL does not have franchises that are Superbowl winners year after year after year.

Now if only Denver would beat the Bolts tonightimage
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i><<Year after year it always seems to be the same thing ... THE GIANTS do not get the credit they deserve until the playoffs start. They are a damn good team with, IMO, a future Hall of Famer at QB.>> >>

I think the Giants have only themselves to blame. While they won the Super Bowl last year, they were a 9-7 team that ranked 19th in point differential. At their best, they are definitely one of the Top 3-5 teams in the NFL. Problem is, they've never shown much consistency. I expect Eli with all his experience to begin to show some of that as things move along. >>

Bottom line in both Super Bowl years 2007 and 2011 the Giants got EXTREMELY lucky to get to the Super Bowl. Do the Giants deserve credit? Absolutely they do, the Giants are a very tough team with lots of no name guys who are solid physical players, personally I fear them when they play the Pats.
  • Options
    lwehlerslwehlers Posts: 868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    being a cowboys fan like i am it is just one loss. the niners have really great team that just had a off day. i think they beat seattle. they will win ten games. unlike the cowboys who are heading for another six win season and a top ten draft pick. i wish the cowboys were as good as the niners are now. niners will not lose to arizona this year they are bad.
  • Options
    Tonight's MNF game exacerbates how big of a mistake it was to not sign Peyton. 28 unanswered offensive points to come back and win. He did more in one half of a game than Alex Smith could in 12 weeks. Unbelievable.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Tonight's MNF game exacerbates how big of a mistake it was to not sign Peyton. 28 unanswered offensive points to come back and win. He did more in one half of a game than Alex Smith could in 12 weeks. Unbelievable. >>

Once again, where are you getting the notion that the 49ers had any chance to sign Manning? My understanding is that they tried and they failed. What more can you ask? >>

Because Denver offered him an excellent deal. The 49ers fooled around with the idea of Manning and worked him out but were never serious about signing him. They knew Alex Smith wasn't going anywhere. They never made him a serious offer or if I recall, any offer. Manning didn't turn down the Niners because he was never offered a contract. All they did was tire kick.
  • Options

<< <i>My recollection of events was that Manning visited 3-4 teams and basically told all but Denver that he wasn't interested in further discussions. That he had already set his sights on Denver for whatever reason. Now I don't know how much 'soft' contract talk was involved prior to that decision point or how important a factor money was to Manning but I have to believe that the 49ers would have made an attractive enough contract offer for Manning if he expressed sincere interest in playing with them. Maybe I'm wrong but I haven't heard anything definitive one way or the other and what was made public made it seemed like that was the case. >>

Peyton preferred Denver because of all the teams that visited with him they offered him the most flexibility in his style of play and coaches most willing to accomodate him. In San Francisco he would've had to deal with his former teammate Jim Harbaugh. Denver also made him the best offer for the most money and for the longest term so that's where he went.

I don't remember precisely how much Denver is paying him but it's probably a bit more than what the Niners thought it would cost. The Niners plan with Peyton was initially they thought the other teams would be spooked by his neck injuries so that would make him cheaper. If the other teams' offers were in the $10-$12 million/ year range then the they could up the offer a bit and steal him. At that price it would be worth the risk to take a chance on him. They didn't think anybody else would offer him prime of his career MVP money but Denver did. That was too much money to take a risk on. To the Niners defense though, Peyton was coming off a series of neck surgeries and hadn't played in over a year and nobody knew what they'd be getting when (and even if) he got back onto the field for a regular season game.

Hindsight is always perfect. Oh well, we have what we have.
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    Way, way too early to write the team off.

Management, Harbaugh and the team are far, far from a state of oblivion.

However if they keep drifting they could become irrelevant...again.
  • Options
    I got my wishimage

Peyton Manning is playing very well.

Denver has played 4 games (Texans, Falcons, Patriots and Chargers) where they fell behind early and mounted a comeback. Could not win against the Texans, Falcons and Patriots but Denver showed some spark. 3-3 after 6 games is pretty good. If Denver can jell and avoid falling behind early the Broncos stand a very good chance of winning the AFC West (2-0 in the Division so far).

I suspect that if Peyton Manning continues to play like he has, many teams will regret not pursuing him harder earlier this year. Denver so far is looking like it made a great decision to sign Manning and send Tebow to the Jets.
  • Options
    Here's my prediction for the rest of the team's season:

Seattle: LOSS
    at Arizona: LOSS
    Bye Week: (mercifully)
    St. Louis: LOSS
    Chicago: BIG LOSS
    at New Orleans: BIG LOSS
    at St. Louis: LOSS
    Miami: LOSS
    at New England: LOSS. aka THE BOSTON MASSACRE of 2012
    at Seattle: LOSS
    Arizona: LOSS

Well, so much for that long losing streak you forecasted...the Niners ought to come take away your Montana blanket, LOL..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Okay, they won tonight so I was wrong. A win's a win but I'm not exactly impressed. 13 freakin' points? Good thing the defense held up.

The defense isn't perfect but it is the best thing going for the team. The offense, especially the passing game, is still sporadic and inconsistent. I could only imagine how much better the team would be if the quarterback was a halfway decent leader instead of an inconsistent game manager. Although they beat the Seahawks it still doesn't make me feel any more confident about the rest of the season.
  • Options
    13 points is not the concern here. They went up against arguably one of the top three defenses in the league. The team who just a few days prior beat the Pats - the team you said would beat the crap out of the 49ers aka "THE BOSTON MASSACRE of 2012." Could the offense be better? Sure it could. But Gore rushed for like a gazillion yards. It doesn't matter what Smith does. It matters what the team does. And tonight they won. And it wasn't like it was an "ugly" win by a long shot. Was it a low-scoring game? Yeah, sure. So what? A good, clean, well-played ball game on a very short week. Things are looking awesome. 5-2, baby!
  • Options
    They won the F'ing game. Be happy.
  • Options

<< <i>They won the F'ing game. Be happy. >>

At this point there is no talking sense into this guy image
  • Options
    Thoughts after seeing last night's game?
  • Options
    As a 49ers fan, I can somewhat see where he is coming from. If the 49ers fall behind, they won't win. Alex Smith will not win a game when he is down in the 4th against a solid defense. Sure he did it against New Orleans in the playoffs, but who doesn't move the ball against NO? Against Chicago or the Giants, he will have a hard time if they fall behind.

People who don't follow the 49ers see Alex Smith have a decent game and think he suddenly turned a corner and is becoming a big time QB. The truth is, he is just a game manager. Elite QBs win Super Bowls, and sometimes an Elite defense.

Here are the QBs of the winners of the last 20 super bowls.

Aikman x3
    Young
    Favre
    Elway x2
    Brady x4
    Peyton Manning
    Eli Manning x2
    Drew Brees
    Ben Roethlisberger x2
    Warner
    Dilfer (had an all time great defense)
    Brad Johnson (had an all time great defense)

In my mind, the only teams with a shot at winning are:

Atlanta (matt ryan)
    Giant (Eli)
    Bears (great defense similar to tampa's)
    Green Bay (Rodgers)
    Steelers (big ben)
    Patriots (brady)
    Denver (Peyton)

The 49ers have a really good defense, but is it an all time great defense? Do you really think Alex Smith can lead a game winning drive in the Super Bowl?
  • Options
    Alex Smith and Jim Harbaugh are driving cars in the SF Giants World Series victory parade today. image

• Options
    Not a good way to start the game. This isn't the Packers they're playing, this is the Rams. Win or you become the joke of the NFC.
  • Options
    Kaepernick now in. Now feeling a bit optimistic. This might be the team's Tom Brady moment.
  • Options
    What a sorryass team! They TIE the division's last place team. Sorry, but TIE = LOSS. They lost to the last place Rams.

Playoffs? Super Bowl? This season is cooked. They couldn't even get past a last place team.

Now we know why the Eagles gave up David Akers. Every other kicker can make 41 yard field goals. David Akers can't when it counts.

Next week they play the Bears. Bears will win 48-3.
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    I can't wait for SF to come up to Seattle so I can see Alex Smith get knocked around
  • Options

<< <i>I can't wait for SF to come up to Seattle so I can see Alex Smith get knocked around >>

The Seahawks can bring baseball bats onto the field for all I care. I don't pretend to not dislike Alex Smith.

Alex Smith sucked.
    Colin "Butterfingers" Kaepernick sucked.
    Offense sucked.
    Defense sucked.
    Run defense sucked.
    Secondary sucked.
    Special teams really sucked.

Here are my predictions for the rest of the season:

Chicago: LOSS - MASSACRE (48-3 if they're lucky. 58-0 if they aren't)
    at New Orleans: LOSS - MASSACRE (48-13; 21-0 by the end of the first quarter.)
    at St. Louis: LOSS. If they can't beat them at home, what are the chances they'd have a shot on the road in the dome?
    Miami: LOSS. Miami looked bad against Tennessee today but it seems like they always play well in the West.
    at New England: LOSS. aka THE BOSTON MASSACRE of 2012. (45-10, if they're lucky enough to score a touchdown.)
    at Seattle: LOSS. Beating Seattle in Seattle? No damn chance.
    Arizona: Maybe they'll pull this one off.

Congratulations on a 6-9-1/ 7-8-1 season. Team can feel free to book that January Hawaii vacation.

This season is over. Yesterday: 4th in power rankings. Right now: 28th in power rankings, if they're lucky.

• Options
    So are you a fan of the Niners or just bet money on their games?
  • Options
    firstbase23firstbase23 Posts: 448 ✭✭✭
    He can't be too much of a fan. By his predictions, he is saying that they are worse than the 78 Niners. Granted Smith is not a dynamic QB, but he is the good enough to get them to the playoffs, and anything can happen once they get there.

Matt
  • Options

<< <i>He can't be too much of a fan. By his predictions, he is saying that they are worse than the 78 Niners. Granted Smith is not a dynamic QB, but he is the good enough to get them to the playoffs, and anything can happen once they get there.

Matt >>

Crap defense + crappier offense + even crappier special teams = stick a fork in them because they're done for the season.

Let's be realistic. The overhyped 49ers defense gave up 24 points to one of the worst ranked offenses in the league, including 14 before most people had the chance to get comfortable in their seats. Couple that with a mediocre offense led by Alex "I can't find an open receiver or throw more than 15 yards downfield" Smith and you have a recipe for underachievement. A sketchy defense is okay if you have a New England caliber offense but the Niners don't have that luxury. It was a huge feat they were even able to come back from 14 down. Against the Bears next week? No chance.

They were saved by a few timely penalties that called back a couple of big plays. It could have and should have been much worse.

Considering how bad they looked against a poorly ranked team like the Rams it doesn't appear they have a very good chance against their next opponents. Could the Niners offense even score a TD against the Bears? Could the overhyped defense keep the Patriots under 35 points in the first half? How about against the Saints? If they play like they played today I doubt it.

The only team left in the schedule I think they could soundly beat is Arizona but hell, I thought they would take care of the Rams but we know that didn't happen.

How about the Seahawks schedule? The only decent team they have left is the Bears. Other than Chicago they have the Cardinals, Buffalo and Miami. All teams they could handle without problem. I'm projecting the Seahawks go 10-6 for this year. I see the 49ers going 8-7-1 in a best case scenario. That is still not good enough for the playoffs even as a wildcard.

Sorry, but merely getting to the playoffs isn't enough. We want it all and we expect it all. Luckily most fans in NorCal understand that. We're not Cleveland Browns fans where a 6-10 season is considered a successful season. It's Lombardi Trophy or nothing.
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We're not Cleveland Browns fans where a 6-10 season is considered a successful season

Ouch. That hurt.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I can't wait for SF to come up to Seattle so I can see Alex Smith get knocked around >>

The Seahawks can bring baseball bats onto the field for all I care. I don't pretend to not dislike Alex Smith.

Alex Smith sucked.
    Offense sucked.
    Defense sucked.
    Run defense sucked.
    Secondary sucked.

Here are my predictions for the rest of the season:

Chicago: LOSS - MASSACRE (48-3 if they're lucky. 58-0 if they aren't)
    at New Orleans: LOSS - MASSACRE (48-13; 21-0 by the end of the first quarter.)
    at St. Louis: LOSS. If they can't beat them at home, what are the chances they'd have a shot on the road in the dome?
    Miami: LOSS. Miami looked bad against Tennessee today but it seems like they always play well in the West.
    at New England: LOSS. aka THE BOSTON MASSACRE of 2012. (45-10, if they're lucky enough to score a touchdown.)
    at Seattle: LOSS. Beating Seattle in Seattle? No damn chance.
    Arizona: Maybe they'll pull this one off.

Congratulations on a 6-9-1/ 7-8-1 season. Team can feel free to book that January Hawaii vacation.

This season is over. Yesterday: 4th in power rankings. Right now: 28th in power rankings, if they're lucky. >>

LOL!
  • Options
    firstbase23firstbase23 Posts: 448 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>He can't be too much of a fan. By his predictions, he is saying that they are worse than the 78 Niners. Granted Smith is not a dynamic QB, but he is the good enough to get them to the playoffs, and anything can happen once they get there.

Matt >>

Crap defense + crappier offense + even crappier special teams = stick a fork in them because they're done for the season.

Let's be realistic. The overhyped 49ers defense gave up 24 points to one of the worst ranked offenses in the league, including 14 before most people had the chance to get comfortable in their seats. Couple that with a mediocre offense led by Alex "I can't find an open receiver or throw more than 15 yards downfield" Smith and you have a recipe for underachievement. A sketchy defense is okay if you have a New England caliber offense but the Niners don't have that luxury. It was a huge feat they were even able to come back from 14 down. Against the Bears next week? No chance.

They were saved by a few timely penalties that called back a couple of big plays. It could have and should have been much worse.

Considering how bad they looked against a poorly ranked team like the Rams it doesn't appear they have a very good chance against their next opponents. Could the Niners offense even score a TD against the Bears? Could the overhyped defense keep the Patriots under 35 points in the first half? How about against the Saints? If they play like they played today I doubt it.

The only team left in the schedule I think they could soundly beat is Arizona but hell, I thought they would take care of the Rams but we know that didn't happen.

How about the Seahawks schedule? The only decent team they have left is the Bears. Other than Chicago they have the Cardinals, Buffalo and Miami. All teams they could handle without problem. I'm projecting the Seahawks go 10-6 for this year. I see the 49ers going 8-7-1 in a best case scenario. That is still not good enough for the playoffs even as a wildcard.

Sorry, but merely getting to the playoffs isn't enough. We want it all and we expect it all. Luckily most fans in NorCal understand that. We're not Cleveland Browns fans where a 6-10 season is considered a successful season. It's Lombardi Trophy or nothing. >>

Not a crap defense. They have a very good defense, although Justin Smith seems to be a little off lately. while their offense is certainly not dynamic and scoring points in bunches on a regular basis, is decent. If you are going to judge them on the basis of one game, then I guess you gave up on the 1994 49ers after they got spanked 40-8 against the Eagles.
    If they were to play like they did yesterday for a few weeks in a row then I would be concerned, but not just yet. I expect them to beat the Bears, it may not happen, but I choose to be optimistic.

Matt
  • Options
    At the end of the regular season it would not surprise me to see the 49's with a record of 10-5-1 or better.

No team plays great all season long.
  • Options
    Any team that loses to a last place team in their division doesn't deserve to make the playoffs nor will they ever ever win another game....ever...ever....
  • Options

<< <i>We're not Cleveland Browns fans where a 6-10 season is considered a successful season. It's Lombardi Trophy or nothing. >> >>

You've been this miserable the last 17 years?
  • Options

<< <i>I don't pretend to not dislike Alex Smith.

Alex Smith sucked.
    Offense sucked.
    Defense sucked.
    Run defense sucked.
    Secondary sucked.

>>

At least you are not blaming George Bush or Roger Craig!image

They did cough up another hairball yesterday. Yes they did suck.

• Options

<< <i>Not a crap defense. They have a very good defense, although Justin Smith seems to be a little off lately. while their offense is certainly not dynamic and scoring points in bunches on a regular basis, is decent. If you are going to judge them on the basis of one game, then I guess you gave up on the 1994 49ers after they got spanked 40-8 against the Eagles.
    If they were to play like they did yesterday for a few weeks in a row then I would be concerned, but not just yet. I expect them to beat the Bears, it may not happen, but I choose to be optimistic. >>

It's amazing how some memories live on indefinitely. I was at that 1994 Eagles game and let's say it got a bit ugly in the stands. If I recall on the Monday after the Merc took a poll and the vast majority of the fans wanted George Siefert fired. The difference between that game and now is in 1994 the Niners had Steve Young, a proven QB who had the talent and ability to turn the ship around against a weak opponent in the Detroit Lions the next week. The team of now does not have a QB with that ability nor are they playing a weak team that would allow them to regroup at will. It's the Bears on Monday and the Saints the week after. Two excellent teams that leave no margin for error.

Perhaps the Niners chances for next week will improve if Jason Campbell starts in place of Cutler. But the question is: could the Niners with Smith or Kaepernick put up more than a few points against that strong Bears defense?

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>We're not Cleveland Browns fans where a 6-10 season is considered a successful season. It's Lombardi Trophy or nothing. >> >>

You've been this miserable the last 17 years? >>

Some fans would publicly deny it, brush the thought aside or put up a cordial exterior persona, but for the majority of fans the true answer is YES.
  • Options
    This is the same guy who declared that the SF Giants season was over after they lost their first two games to Cincinnati in the Divisional Round and then again afterfor they lost Game 1 to the Cards in the NL Championship, LOL..

Fair weather fan would be an understatement.

• Options
    Ummmm...

• Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>This is the same guy who declared that the SF Giants season was over after they lost their first two games to Cincinnati in the Divisional Round and then again afterfor they lost Game 1 to the Cards in the NL Championship, LOL..

Fair weather fan would be an understatement. >>

As long as he doesn't vote I'm OK with it.
  • Options
    Okay, I was wrong but I'll gladly accept that.

Yes, it was the Backup Bowl in SF tonight, and yes Jason Campbell sucks exponentially worse than Cutler but against a very strong defense Colin Kaepernick delivered. Most were expecting a very low scoring game but 32 against the Bears exceeded expectations. Hats off to Kaepernick and the offense. Good thing the defense showed up the whole game unlike last week when they were nowhere to be found in the first half.

Next week against the suddenly elite Saints will be a bigger challenge. Who starts next week? Personally I would like to see C-Kaep start again next week.
  • Options
    Harbaugh threw a whole new look with a QB that had little film exposure to other NFL teams.

I think it's too early to crown Collin the #1, but I'm hoping that Alex isn't 100% for the Saints and we get to see another start and on the road.

Kind of a nice controversy that I'm sure Harbaugh will exploit to the teams advantage.
  • Options
    Only 3 more wins for the 49rs to reach my 10-5-1 guess of their (lowest) regular season record.

With games against the Saints, Rams, Dolphins, Patriots, Seahawks and Cardinals left on the regular seasons schedule do you think SF will win at least 3 more games [my guess is yes].

Or will they lose six in a row?

• Options
    I am proud for the sick low fans in the stadium and dog eating players to suck so much. They ALL deserve major failure. (no, nothing to do with this thread). The acquisition of Vick: Instant HATE: Their fans already had things close to that.

Denver ? The thing their is I hated Denver, with a passion. What the heck did they get Manning for and ruin my hate. Now, am torn. Nobody out there can not like Manning. This sucks,. I want to hate Denver due to John Elways donkey face (and a best friend during the 2 Bowl years) soooo bad, but it;s Manning now.
    Frisco: Keep the K dude in !