Home Sports Talk
Options

49ers...Curtain Drops on this Season of Infamy...Exposed as Overrated Pretenders With No Defense

Comments

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,587 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WTCG, you really need to become less dramatic in your assessments when watching your team play football. The doom and gloom outlook after a single loss (or tie) really makes you look ridiculous. Relax--it's a long season.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just be glad you're not a Cowboy fan and have to suffer through the Romo years.image

When will it end!image
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    Funny dialogue: (which shows how the popularity of kids' names has changed).

my 4 year old daughter: "Who are the 49ers' quarterbacks?"
    me: "Alex and Colin. Colin is playing today."
    daughter: "Alex is a girl's name. Is Alex a girl?"
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Funny dialogue: (which shows how the popularity of kids' names has changed).

my 4 year old daughter: "Who are the 49ers' quarterbacks?"
    me: "Alex and Colin. Colin is playing today."
    daughter: "Alex is a girl's name. Is Alex a girl?" >>

I don't how old you are but when I was in junior high there was the big debate about whether the name "Sam" was a boy's name or girl's name. To me "Sam" will always be a boy's name as is "Alex" although most of the younger ones now think of "Alex" is a girl first.

Anyhow, today's win against the Saints was a great win. Despite their record the Saints are in my opinion nearly as good as they were last year and a playoff contender. Today was a real test for the defense and they delivered for the most part, including the much needed 14 points they scored. Kaepernick wasn't as sharp as he was last week against the Bears but he did enough to pull off a win.

Since that train wreck against the Giants, the Niners are 5-0-1. Rams up next week. Time to avenge that loss...er...tie at home.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,780 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LMAO WTCG, you are the spitting image about how I am with my Fantasy squad- when I lose they are the worst bunch of losers ever but if they win? All is well image
  • Options
    You have got to be kidding me...that pitch (or whatever you want to call it) uh, thing to Ted Ginn was so stupid there are no words to describe it. 8 free points right there.

Inexperience bites, the playcalling sucked, penalties kill. No offense kills.

Must be good when a team has a kicker who is actually reliable.
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    Well, look at it this way: The 49ers won't have to face the Rams in the playoffs.

• Options
    On a week where every team supposed to win did except one...

Two steps forward, third step and they land flat on their face and break their nose.

Special teams sucked again, bad play calling, and Ted Ginn delivers again and proves why he's worthless.

Gift wrapped and served to the Rams on a silver platter with a big smile.

David Akers...that's why the Eagles made him take a hike.
  • Options

<< <i>Well, look at it this way: The 49ers won't have to face the Rams in the playoffs. >>

Playoffs? No, playoffs are for good teams and division winners. This week they look like neither.

Seahawks will probably win the division. They are now only one game behind. By next week they will likely be tied for first. Seahawks have no tough opponents left. 49ers still awaiting losing to the Dolphins and a massacre by New England.

With this loss the regression from last year is obvious. They have matched (but in reality surpassed) their number of losses from all of last year.
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    LOL!

The sky is falling!

The world is coming to an end!

Dude, relax! The 49ers are still going to win the division and probably do well in the playoffs.

Although the QB controversy is going to be all the rage this week on sports radio! That attempted option, pitch-back, was ugly.
  • Options

<< <i>LOL!

The sky is falling!

The world is coming to an end!

Dude, relax! The 49ers are still going to win the division and probably do well in the playoffs.

Although the QB controversy is going to be all the rage this week on sports radio! That attempted option, pitch-back, was ugly. >>

Seahawks will win the division. They play Buffalo, Arizona 49ers and Rams. They are likely to go 4-0 in those games. They're 7-5 now and they can easily end up 11-5.

49ers play the Dolphins next week in a game that'll probably look a lot like today's. They'll probably lose that one, then get destroyed by New England then lose to the Seahawks in Seattle. They end the season against Arizona which they will be favored to win but there are no guarantees. They will end the season 9-6-1 and out of the playoff picture.

Winning today's game was important but they didn't. This season is on life support.
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    I honestly think the SF game in Seattle will be much closer than I thought a week ago. With the CBs facing suspension, it'll give whatever overrated junk QB SF puts out there a better shot at winning. Anyhow...Seattle and SF both make the playoffs.
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    25-1 just ain't getting it done. "We need a new QB." Wrong. What you need is a new coach.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    Seahawks will win the division. They play Buffalo, Arizona 49ers and Rams. They are likely to go 4-0 in those games.

How can you say that!? You know how good the Rams are! image Maybe 3-1!?

Go Rams!

Seriously though, I wish my Rams had lost. No need to waste draft position now with a meaningless win. It's all about next year when they could be decent.

Oh ya, plus the Niners are two up in the loss column so I think they will be ok in the division.
  • Options
    With fans like you, who needs enemies, LOL!!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    I wonder how WTCG's SF Giants thread will look next year?

• Options
    Maybe the team needed a charitable contribution to write off on their 2012 taxes. Charity or not, every fan I know who watched yesterday's game spent a few moments puking in disgust. Once after that disaster pitch play and once more after Akers missed his field goal.

Miami at Candlestick next Sunday. Better win because Seattle will.
  • Options

<< <i>I wonder how WTCG's SF Giants thread will look next year? >>

Oh dang, and baseball has 10x more games.....
  • Options

<< <i>Maybe the team needed a charitable contribution to write off on their 2012 taxes. Charity or not, every fan I know who watched yesterday's game spent a few moments puking in disgust. Once after that disaster pitch play and once more after Akers missed his field goal.

Miami at Candlestick next Sunday. Better win because Seattle will. >>

In all seriousness I live in No Cal and have for 26 years so have a pretty good beat on No Cal fans and the teams up here. Let's have some perspective. Go back just TWO years ago. Now fast forward from there and ask yourself if you thought your team would be this GOOD 2 years later. This is the modern NFL. The teams are very equal, anybody can beat anybody, etc.... However, in the end the 49ers have one of the best teams and could easily win the super bowl THIS YEAR. I imagine you are joking with some of your sky is falling posts but seriously man you have a good team and, at the end of the day, it's just sports.
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,839 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SF is not off to a good start in the first quarter of today's home game against Miami.

Maybe WTCG is correct in his concern over the team and how it will do by the end of the regular season.

I wonder if Alex Smith is thinking of the old saying "If it isn't broke, don't fix it" as he stands on the sideline?
  • Options
    49ers still awaiting losing to the Dolphins

They're still waiting..

• Options
    Maybe WTCG is correct in his concern over the team and how it will do by the end of the regular season.

WTCG has been incorrect in virtually every projection he has made about his team. And at this point the team
    doesn't want to be his anymore, either, lol..

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,780 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Maybe WTCG is correct in his concern over the team and how it will do by the end of the regular season.

WTCG has been incorrect in virtually every projection he has made about his team. And at this point the team
    doesn't want to be his anymore, either, lol.. >>

• Options

<< <i>Maybe WTCG is correct in his concern over the team and how it will do by the end of the regular season.

I feel sorry for your team. You seem content with mediocrity. We here are not.
  • Options
    I guess you need to give first then you shall receive. A win in any form is better than not winning but the Dolphins gifted this one to the Niners. Of the three TD's scored by the Niners, two were gifted. One came after a muffed punt return and the other was scored after a drive was kept alive after a penalty on an unconverted 4th down. Without those two errors things would've turned out much differently.

The defense played well just like they did last week but again they were almost caught sleeping in the 1st quarter. The offense needs to get it rolling especially in the first half. 6-3 at halftime just won't cut it. This game was still way too close for comfort up until the 2 minute warning.

The Seahawks won big again so this win was a must, especially with New England coming up next.
  • Options

<< <i>

I feel sorry for your team. You seem content with mediocrity. We here are not. >>

"We"?? I thought you had written off this season already. What, the bandwagon slowed down for ya again this week? image

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

I feel sorry for your team. You seem content with mediocrity. We here are not. >>

"We"?? I thought you had written off this season already. What, the bandwagon slowed down for ya again this week? image >>

We as we here in Northern California. We, the folks who have been watching this team since the 80's, who have attended dozens of games over the years and have witnessed this team excel for years and fully expect that standard to be upheld. If you are unable to fathom that that is your problem and I feel sorry for you.

Jets fan are you?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

"We"?? I thought you had written off this season already. What, the bandwagon slowed down for ya again this week? image >>

We as we here in Northern California. We, the folks who have been watching this team since the 80's, who have attended dozens of games over the years and have witnessed this team excel for years and fully expect that standard to be upheld. If you are unable to fathom that that is your problem and I feel sorry for you.

Jets fan are you? >>

LOL, I'm just having some fun with you, no need to get defensive...if you can't see how comical your posts have beren throughout this thread and throughout this season (your posts writing off the Giants after a playoff loss were pretty hilarious as well) , then I feel sorry for you, my friend.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Jets fan are you? >>

LOL, I'm just having some fun with you, no need to get defensive...if you can't see how comical your posts have beren throughout this thread and throughout this season (your posts writing off the Giants after a playoff loss were pretty hilarious as well) , then I feel sorry for you, my friend. >>

You know, most fans have a knee-jerk overreaction when their team lays an egg. 99% of the time it all fades away in a few hours time and if your team wins the next week after an embarassing loss that win is like ointment on a rash. I'll be honest, the stuff I write on this thread is a slightly overexaggerrated composite of knee-jerk me and angry me sprinkled with a small dose of rationality. The rational portion is the part that keeps me away from doing what other fools on Twitter have gotten in trouble for: making personal attacks and all that other bad stuff that definitely crosses the line.

As for the bandwagon part/ fair weather part, the bandwagon is the necessary by-product of a successful team. They might be annoying to the dedicated fans and they disappear faster than a gold-digging wife after a bankruptcy, but according to most organizations they are the faction that contributes most to a team's bottom line. They might not know why a QB never throws a pass to the Left Tackle or why he doesn't throw deep on every single play but they do buy most of the merchandised crap out there.
  • Options
    I'll be honest, the stuff I write on this thread is a slightly overexaggerrated composite of knee-jerk me and angry me sprinkled with a small dose of rationality.

In that case, I can appreciate the tongue-in-cheek synopsis...even though I do believe you might have valid reasons for concern next week...image

• Options
    The game vs Seattle has been flexed into prime time so the whole country can watch the 49ers get clobbered a second week in a row.
  • Options
    49ers clinch a playoff berth after beating a great team. Didn't think it was going to happen tonight but good thing it did.

What did we learn tonight? Tom Brady really is the best. Down 28 points and unlike Houston the week before they didn't roll over and give up.

Lots of opportunities in the first half that weren't cashed in. Defense was pretty good but almost let it all slip away in the 4th quarter. Game got way too interesting and much too close for comfort but it's a win nonetheless. If they could contain the Patriots in Foxboro then the Seahawks in Seattle should not be a problem.
  • Options
    Congrats to SF for beating New England. Could have folded in the fourth quaater but did not. Great win against a great team.

It also gives Denver the number two seed in the AFC and a playoff first round. Ye. Denver just has to win the next two games.
  • Options
    49ers are 2-0 vs the Pats and the Packers, but are 0-1-1 vs the Rams.

This game is so freaking weird some times.

• Options

<< <i>49ers are 2-0 vs the Pats and the Packers, but are 0-1-1 vs the Rams.

This game is so freaking weird some times. >>

Go Rams!

Seriously though, the 49ers are a very good team. That was a great game. Could easily see that re-match in the Super Bowl!
  • Options
    49ers getting f**ked up. Seahawks are well on their way to their 3rd 50+ point game in a row.

• Options
    This is what happens when a team stays in euphoria mode for too long. They get caught unprepared with their pants down in front of a national audience. Apparently making the playoffs is enough. Winning their division, earning a bye week and home field advantage just isn't that important.

The Seahawks happen to be a hot team right now but it wouldn't have mattered which team they played this week. Even if they played the KC Chiefs tonight they would have laid an egg and lost big there as well. Obviously the bye week is gone but they still win the division if they win next week against Arizona. As soon as this game ends they need to smack themselves a few times, wake up and start focusing on next week's game.

There were people on social media pushing for Alex Smith to play in the 2nd half. Down 28-6 is not the time for dinky 5-yard tosses.

Miraculously they got into the end zone in garbage time. At least one drive didn't end in a turnover or missed field goal.

Seattle's 12th man? Tonight that would be the officiating crew.

Seahawks fans can chest pound all they want but they're still looking at playing all their playoff games (against playoff teams, not the Buffalo Bills) on the road. Seahawks are a completely different team on the road, at best a team slightly above average.

Oh yeah, David Akers can go take a walk straight into Puget Sound. They say he's a little hurt but I'm not buying it.

• Options
    Seahawks at home are going to be awfully tough to beat...Niners better hope they don't have to revisit there come playoff time, LOL..

• Options
    What are you whining about now? The officiating? Oh, you must be referring to how the CLEAN hit on Vernon Davis cleaned his clock on took him out. I don't like seeing players hurt one bit, but that hit was clean and the flags should have been picked up. Or, are you talking about the 49ers taking out their frustration after the play earning personal fouls? You'll have to clarify that for me.

Akers? The kicker that hit the 50 yarder tonight? Oh, the block has NOTHING to do with Seattle, right? SF got throttled tonight on defense and offense, yet you say if they would have played in KC the result would have been the same.

And, if Seattle wins next week, SF loses (which they probably will because as you say, they stink), and GB loses, Seattle and GB finish with the same record, and with one more win than the niners. Can you tell me what that equals?
  • Options

<< <i>What are you whining about now? The officiating? Oh, you must be referring to how the CLEAN hit on Vernon Davis cleaned his clock on took him out. I don't like seeing players hurt one bit, but that hit was clean and the flags should have been picked up. Or, are you talking about the 49ers taking out their frustration after the play earning personal fouls? You'll have to clarify that for me.

Akers? The kicker that hit the 50 yarder tonight? Oh, the block has NOTHING to do with Seattle, right? SF got throttled tonight on defense and offense, yet you say if they would have played in KC the result would have been the same.

And, if Seattle wins next week, SF loses (which they probably will because as you say, they stink), and GB loses, Seattle and GB finish with the same record, and with one more win than the niners. Can you tell me what that equals? >>

The truth is the 49ers were caught in a dream state after their tough game last Sunday. They were caught sleeping by the worst team to be caught sleeping by. They would have lost to basically any team tonight but Seattle exacerbated that worse than most teams would have.

Kaepernick needs to learn how to communicate better in a loud environment. After playing at Foxboro and the Superdome you would think he had that figured out, but apparently not. Losing momentum, timeouts and coordination due to miscommunication especially in the first half was excruciating to watch. I'd still start him over Alex Smith though.

Look at Akers's stats. This year he has been completely horrible, so horrible that the team is trying out Billy Cundiff, but that's another story. That blocked field goal was purely his fault, as are most of the 10 other field goals he's missed this year. Those missed field goals weren't the 58-yard variety. They were kicks about every other kicker would automatically make. Remember that chip shot 36-yarder he missed last Sunday? That 54-yarder seriously was the first field goal of over 40 yards he's made in a while. Frankly we were shocked he actually made that one.

The Seahawks were lucky. They were handed half their points on a silver platter. I don't have a big problem with that hit on Vernon Davis as those things happen. How about those missed PI calls? Those PF calls were completely BS. A bunch of Seattle drives were kept alive by BS penalties. Seahawks took advantage of opportunities and holes due to injuries. Good for them.
  • Options
    [The Seahawks were lucky. They were handed half their points on a silver platter.

Your team gets thrashed 42-13 and the other team was lucky? LOL..

That game was over in the first quarter...Hawks could have score 60 if they wanted to..

• Options

<< <i>[The Seahawks were lucky. They were handed half their points on a silver platter.

Your team gets thrashed 42-13 and the other team was lucky? LOL..

That game was over in the first quarter...Hawks could have score 60 if they wanted to.. >>

I agree the game was over when Seattle ran back the blocked chip shot field goal for a TD. It totally killed whatever little momentum the 49ers offense had. Smart teams take advantage of mistakes.

Bottom line is the special teams TD and the two turnovers spotted the Seahawks 21 points and eliminated whatever points those drives would have produced. Against a good defense that's 21 points too many.
  • Options
    DtyDty Posts: 310 ✭✭
    Seahawks hurt the Packers early in the season....tonight they helped the Packers......
    Link to my eBay Store: http://stores.ebay.com/halftimecardsandcollectibles/

Unopened Boxes, Packs, Cards, and Tickets

Just send me a PM or email me for discount off eBay pricing. Thanks
  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seahawks were lucky? Please........

49ers looked old tonight. Very old. Moss looks like he's 45. Maybe he is?

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭✭
    No running game and the defense not getting off the field, equals a thrashing.
  • Options
    The Seahawks were lucky. They were handed half their points on a silver platter. I don't have a big problem with that hit on Vernon Davis as those things happen. How about those missed PI calls? Those PF calls were completely BS. A bunch of Seattle drives were kept alive by BS penalties. Seahawks took advantage of opportunities and holes due to injuries. Good for them.

Blaming the ref!? Stay classy Nor Cal fan! Seattle beat the living snot out of the 49ers last night. Maybe you weren't really watching the game. I still think the 49ers are good and could easily still make the Super Bowl but last night they had their hat handed to them!
  • Options
    I just looked at the box score and this is where Seattle may have got "luckiest" if not for their stifling run defense and chasing Capernik the whole game... but check this "lucky" stat:

3rd down efficiency 3-11 11-13

One team was 3/11 and one team was 11/13 on 3rd down. That's very lucky indeed!
  • Options
    Hmm, this is a change. Usually it's the community trying to talk WTCG off the ledge after a 49er loss, not trying to talk him TO the ledge.

• Options
    SF went from the high of beating the Patriots at Foxboro to the low of getting thrashed by Seattle.

SF has been very good and very bad this year. The past two games have taken a toll on SF with multiple injuries, including some suffered by key players. Next week SF should beat the Cardinals to win the division, but I expect that the team will have some anxiety going into the game. If Arizona puts up a fight and the game is close the mettle (or lack thereof) of SF will show as it deals with adversity.

What SF really needs is for it to beat Arizona and to have the Packers lose to the Vikings. That would give SF a #2 seed and a first week bye. SF really needs extra time off to allow its injured players to heal.

If any NFC team ends up having to go to Seattle for a playoff game, it will wish that it had not. Seattle is on a rampage right now.
  • Options

<< <i>Hmm, this is a change. Usually it's the community trying to talk WTCG off the ledge after a 49er loss, not trying to talk him TO the ledge. >>

That's what he gets when he can't accept a REAL loss. I don't pay attention to the 49ers other than W-L record, so I don't know how their other games have gone. I know between the second half of last week, and what happened last night, SF got out coached and outplayed on a level they didn't expect. WTCG is stammering for an explanation, so the easiest answer is the refs, because there's no way Seattle is good even though the score of their last three games has been 150-30