Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Official 2012 BBCE PSA Group Break #10 - Group Rip Closed. TIME TO PAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Just received an email from Steve, packages for the most part will ship out on Monday. At least thats when he said he will be shipping mine. He is still collecting payments from people from this group rip. -Mark
    MARK AGGSON
    Collecting Pete Rose Cello Packs
    Pete Rose Master set ranking #4(Retired)
  • mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭
    Mine arrived this morning, can't wait to dive in after work!

------
    stupid print dots

• I got an email on Wednesday about my package shipping. I live in southern Indiana so I'm hoping it arrives today or tomorrow.image
    One of my 85 FB packs had a popped seal, so I decided to open it.

I should probably stop, right?

------
    stupid print dots

• mcolney1mcolney1 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭
    Sorry, just sent payment. Was away from the forum for a few days. Tony
    Collecting Topps, Philadelphia and Kellogg's from 1964-1989
  • Stop after that ? Those look glorious !
    OK, opened a 84 pack. Two HOF rookies, but not the right ones!

------
    stupid print dots

• Those are some pretty sharp looking cards so far. Those 85's are super tough.
  • ldfergldferg Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭
    Great centering on the 84 and 85 football. This could be a nice rip overall.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Just paid for:

2 - 1988/89 Fleer Basketball Wax $12.38 per pack
    2 - 1986 Topps Football Wax $11 per pack

JW

• shu4040shu4040 Posts: 982 ✭✭✭
    Great centering on those 85 fbs. B I opened a 85 cello recently from BBCe and avg centering was much worse
  • I paid on Thursday
  • EchoCanyonEchoCanyon Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    I'm putting together a 1980s baseball set -- so if you rip your packs and dont want your commons, I'd love to trade
  • Anyone get their packs yet? Did we have any nice weekend rips??
  • I haven't recieved any of mine yet. Hopefully they come today so i can rip them and post some scans.

• Christopher, you have sent $172.56 USD to Steve Hart.
  • Came home just now to find this on my doorstep from the group rip. Thanks Steve/Rick and everyone else at BBCE.

That bring me to having 1981, 1983, 1985, 1987, 1988, and 1989 - next on the list is 1984 along with 1986 for next months rip.

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,666 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Foo, every wax box you get from BBCe looks pristine! Do you have a connection in their stockroom?? image

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.

• << <i>Came home just now to find this on my doorstep from the group rip. Thanks Steve/Rick and everyone else at BBCE.

That bring me to having 1981, 1983, 1985, 1987, 1988, and 1989 - next on the list is 1984 along with 1986 for next months rip.

image >>

my favorite release of all time image
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Foo, every wax box you get from BBCe looks pristine! Do you have a connection in their stockroom??

I wish. Rick knows I'm collecting the wax boxes from the 80's so he trys to pick out a nice one for me when I order and might I add that he's being doing a fine job at that too.

Eric - I started collecting in 1986 so I never opened a pack of 85 Topps until just last year. I purchased 12 rack packs (36 packs total) and ripped them all to shreds. I had a blast doing it. I pulled out 3 really nice looking Clemens, 1 Mcgwire and 1 Puckett. Then a bunch of Mattinglys 2nd year along with your Strawberrys and Goodens. This one of course I will leave sealed. Most likely no way I can recoup if opened.

Its crazy to think that these boxes were at once probably $500+ back in 1998 with the whole Mcgwire/Sosa race going on.
  • bcubsbcubs Posts: 344 ✭✭✭
    Great looking box of 85 Topps. Hoping my packs arrive today!

Appreciate today-

Bill

• If i don't get my packs today my local card shop might get robbed...............wait a minute i dont have a lcs...........i live in the middle of nowhere.....
  • I got the email on Weds and no packs yet...starting to tweek. Thank god my 80-81 bsk packs and 81-82 east box came...and went... over the weekend.
  • RynoandBoRynoandBo Posts: 393 ✭✭
    Received my packs today: 2 1989 UD and 2 1984 Donruss.

Not much in the 84 Donruss (a Mike Schmidt Diamond King that was OC)

Pulled a Griffey Jr. RC from the 89 UD...centering nice, but a tiny wrinkle on the right border will keep it raw. Still pretty sweet to pull that card though.
  • scmavlscmavl Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭
    That was the highlight of my childhood collecting days, pulling a UD Griffey in '89. I thought I'd won the lottery.
    2.5 is pretty much my speed.

• << <i>That was the highlight of my childhood collecting days, pulling a UD Griffey in '89. I thought I'd won the lottery. >>

Yeah, that card and the 1990 Leaf Frank Thomas were as big as it got.
  • StoogeStooge Posts: 4,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I received my package from bbce today at 2pm, but I had to go to work at 3pm. Go figure.

Later, Paul.
  • bcubsbcubs Posts: 344 ✭✭✭
    Mine did not arrive today. I'm new to these breaks so not sure how long it usually takes to ship, payment was made last Tuesday.

Appreciate today-

Bill

• LakersFANLakersFAN Posts: 288 ✭✭
    Most packages were shipped out yesterday per steve , so if your close to BBCE , then most likely u will recieve tomoroow or the next day ....i feel like a tweeker ...lol which is why i paid for 2nd day air , so tomoorow my package should arrive image
  • This was my first break on here. A little disappointing, but that's the risk when you bust packs. I got excited opening one of the 1986 Topps pack after seeing Bucs colors and that the player had the first name Steve. But of course it was Deberg instead of Young! I didn't pull anything out of the 86 topps fb, 85 topps fb, 81 topps fb, or 89 ud. But I pulled a couple nice cards out of the old basketball. I also picked up a 1979-80 basketball box locally today for a great price. I haven't busted it yet, but its only a matter of time. Here are my pictures. Is the 1978-79 Erving OC left to right? It's hard to tell what the centering should look like for that year.

• Well, i guess your break increased my odds of hitting something nice. The Dr. J on the left looks pretty sharp.
  • MrVintageMrVintage Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭
    That Julius "Dr J" Erving card looks to be a solid 9
    Always nice to pull a Dr. J from a pack. Nice looking 79-80.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

• vettfanaticvettfanatic Posts: 643 ✭✭✭
    I recieved my package earlier today but just got a chance to inspect the contents now. All packs look great with a few stars showing on the cellos. 86 total packs just waiting to be ripped!!!

Jeff

imageimage
    imageimage
  • Sir, i hope you pull some Gem Mint Pristine cards from those 86 packs. Nice variety also.
  • jrbolesjrboles Posts: 566 ✭✭
    My 1975 pack had Jerry Terrell on the front and Rick Dempsey on back so I ripped post-haste. Not sure what is happening with Dan Meyer's name, but am delighted to get the Carter. Top corners are a touch more rough than the scan shows but a nice addition. Not much to speak of from the 80 through 83 packs, 84 DR or UD. No complaints and thanks to Cincy for another seamless event.

<< <i>My 1975 pack had Jerry Terrell on the front and Rick Dempsey on back so I ripped post-haste. Not sure what is happening with Dan Meyer's name, but am delighted to get the Carter. Top corners are a touch more rough than the scan shows but a nice addition. Not much to speak of from the 80 through 83 packs, 84 DR or UD. No complaints and thanks to Cincy for another seamless event.

image >>

I heart Gary Carter
  • llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭

<< <i>I heart Gary Carter >>

WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
    Got my packs today >>

I had 2 83 cellos (no stars showing), but keeping them closed for now.
    I had 2 89 Upper Deck, yielded nothing.
    I had 2 80 Topps Wax -- got a nice Tom Seaver
    I had 2 80 cellos and had a WEIRD thing happen. First pack had Willie Montanez on top...I open, get to the gum, it's Willie again and ALL the same cards followed (wish it could have been Rickey Henderson), so it's one cello with half dupes (the only star card was a McCovey HL, so I have 2)...I open the second cello, who's in the second half, Willie Montanez of course.

Again, if anyone has any 80 commons they don't want, would love to trade.

• << <i>Got my packs today >>

I had 2 83 cellos (no stars showing), but keeping them closed for now.
    I had 2 89 Upper Deck, yielded nothing.
    I had 2 80 Topps Wax -- got a nice Tom Seaver
    I had 2 80 cellos and had a WEIRD thing happen. First pack had Willie Montanez on top...I open, get to the gum, it's Willie again and ALL the same cards followed (wish it could have been Rickey Henderson), so it's one cello with half dupes (the only star card was a McCovey HL, so I have 2)...I open the second cello, who's in the second half, Willie Montanez of course.

Again, if anyone has any 80 commons they don't want, would love to trade. >>

Man, sounds like you had quite a rough pack break.
  • Still no packs for me...hoping tomorrow. Any big pulls yet?
  • I'm still waiting on my packs also. I haven't really seen any big pulls so far.
  • PLEHRPLEHR Posts: 102

I got my four 1980/81 Hockey packs today and they look so sweet that I could probably pull an 8 or 9 grade on three of the four packs. I forgot to check them for stars before I put them away, but it doesn't matter because I'm not subbing or opening them anyway.image
    I Recieved my package shortly , here goes the pics , i was Pleasantly suprised when i turned over the Pack of 1986 Fleer Basketball , with partly visable letters spelling AGO and i look left immedietly and see "He's" ...and there was the Man " Air Jordan " , very Excited on this Pack of course! , im thinking this guy will be sent in to be Slabbed image . have not opened up any of the 87/88's or the 88/89's i may send them in to be graded also , but the 2 1986 Topps Football i did open up with no Jerry Rice rookie , so this helps the chances of those who have ordered these a better chance at Landing a Rice Rookie.
  • PLEHRPLEHR Posts: 102

Congrats on the Jordan pack!
  • Very Nice ! Jordan pack. That's the sitcker correct ? I'd grade that one. Barkley should be in that pack too
  • abcoltsfanabcoltsfan Posts: 802 ✭✭✭
    I received my order today. Nothing special but did get some hits. Thanks for setting this up.

Working on the following sets
    1980's and 1990's Topps Baseball BBCE FASC - Cello or Wax Boxes
    1952 Bowman US Presidents PSA 7 & up
    Pro Football Hall of Fame Indianapolis Colts PSA Registry Set
    June 9th Cubs full ticket or stubs - 1981 to 2020
    Andre Dawson Topps Basic registry PSA 10's
    Mark Grace Topps Basic registry PSA 10's

thanks Plehr and hank , yes it is the Sticker , i think i am going to get it graded , man o' man i have these 4 other packs sitting near me lol

<< <i>Very Nice ! Jordan pack. That's the sitcker correct ? I'd grade that one. Barkley should be in that pack too >>

The sticker does not correlate to what cards are in the pack.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

• ahh yes, of course. printed separetely etc. Anyone ever hear of a pack with both a Jordan and a Jordan sticker ?