Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Official 2012 BBCE PSA Group Break #10 - Group Rip Closed. TIME TO PAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• << <i>ahh yes, of course. printed separetely etc. Anyone ever hear of a pack with both a Jordan and a Jordan sticker ? >>

I have seen a GAI graded 9 mint with Both showing 10k obo on EBAY a few months back , not sure what came of that One
  • I have a question on the 1976 Topps Baseball packs. How many cards should there be per pack? I received my two packs today and decided to open both of them. When I busted the 1976 packs there were 7 cards per pack. Is that correct?

Thanks,

Paul
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,666 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I have a question on the 1976 Topps Baseball packs. How many cards should there be per pack? I received my two packs today and decided to open both of them. When I busted the 1976 packs there were 7 cards per pack. Is that correct?

Thanks,

Paul >>

In 1976, Topps produced both the regular 15c wax packs which contained 10 cards and also experimented with the reprise of the 10c pack which contained only 7 cards.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • KremsKrems Posts: 347 ✭✭
    Got my packs today....I busted some and am going to keep most of them sealed. I opend one pack of 1987-88 Fleer and one pack of 1988-89 Fleer. The packs were Magic...three Magic Johnsons in two packs. And actually the 88 fleer had a magic johnson on top and bottom, but I could only see the sticker otherwise it would have been coolto keep sealed. The 87 Fleer was loaded with hall of famers all sharp but mostly off centered.

I also open a pack of 1985 Football with nothng of note and opened a cello of 1982 Topps football with a couple decent stars.

• 08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭
    I received my packs today.

The 1975 cello was really sharp and will stay sealed.
    The 1976 wax had a hole in the corner so I ripped it.
    Nothing special all OC.
    The 80/81 Hockey mostly OC too with one nicely centered card.

Joe
  • My shipment arrived! image

Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • scmavlscmavl Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭
    GD, why do my BBCE packs always take so long to arrive?? People who pay a day or two after me always have theirs a day or two before me. I assumed mine would be here today (8 days after I paid) but no, not a thing. I blame the PO, not BBCE, so can't you get these to me in a timely manner???
    2.5 is pretty much my speed.
  • LakersFANLakersFAN Posts: 288 ✭✭
    Hey scm , i had mine shipped 2nd day , i payed extra , so thats why i recieved mine faster , i couldnt wait! lol So yours should be coming real soon
  • StoogeStooge Posts: 4,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Scm,

I live about 100 miles from BBCE, so I literally could get next day, and actually have a couple times, w/o paying extra. I just won a couple of their eBay auctions and have tomorrow off, and was thinking of going to their warehouse and do some shopping!

Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭

<< <i>Hey Scm,

I live about 100 miles from BBCE, so I literally could get next day, and actually have a couple times, w/o paying extra. I just won a couple of their eBay auctions and have tomorrow off, and was thinking of going to their warehouse and do some shopping!

Paul. >>

I worked in Rockford for a short period in 1992. Are the East State Street Antique Mall(s) still open?
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • StoogeStooge Posts: 4,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I worked in Rockford for a short period in 1992. Are the East State Street Antique Mall(s) still open? >>

Yes they are still open. They had a large sidewalk sale just last month.

Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Thosebackpages, I don't collect any football today as an adult (although I eventually want a Montana Rookie in a PSA 9 and a Marino in a 10) but as a kid I use to LOVE Topps 1988 Football. Nice pick up. So did you open your packs and if so, any hits?

• << <i>

<< <i>I have a question on the 1976 Topps Baseball packs. How many cards should there be per pack? I received my two packs today and decided to open both of them. When I busted the 1976 packs there were 7 cards per pack. Is that correct?

Thanks,

Paul >>

In 1976, Topps produced both the regular 15c wax packs which contained 10 cards and also experimented with the reprise of the 10c pack which contained only 7 cards. >>

Thank you for the information. I was expecting 10 cards and did not realize they had produced packs with 7 cards also.

I kept all my packs sealed from the previous break but decided to bust the packs (76 baseball, 81 football and 86 football) on this break. Nothing really of note and the cards themselves were not in very good condition. A lot of corner dings and indentations in the cards. I think if I do this again, I will keep the packs sealed.
  • Received the packs last night. (2)84 Fleer, (2)84 Topps Cello and (2)84 Donruss yielded no stars. Donruss were centered beautifully so hopefully someone rips a nice Donnie! I think I did rather well on the rest for a first rip! The 81 basketball were an add on as was the 79-80 bsk.

• My best pack (not condition-wise, but star-wise) was a single 1980 Hockey pack with these three cards:

My football (2x 1981, 2x 1986) yielded nothing but this:

My basketball (2x 1978, 2x 1988) was more successful:

The only baseball I purchased was two of the 89 UD and two of the 01 TT. Not much of note in any of those, but I thought this Ripken was a cool card.

• FINALLY NAILED A BIG CELLO PACKS CAME TODAY AND IN MY 75 I PULLED A BEAUTIFUL YOUNT AND NOLAN RYAN!!!

<< <i>FINALLY NAILED A BIG CELLO PACKS CAME TODAY AND IN MY 75 I PULLED A BEAUTIFUL YOUNT AND NOLAN RYAN!!! >>

Cmon ese , post the pics! Just dont tempt us lol
  • Got my package today. All I can say is I left everything for everyone else to pull. OUCH!!!!-Mark
    MARK AGGSON
    Collecting Pete Rose Cello Packs
    Pete Rose Master set ranking #4(Retired)
  • nothing in mail yet.....
  • JUST PULLED A JORDAN!! I bought (3) 86-87 Fleer Packs this time and pulled my first Jordan. I only opened one pack so far. I will scan and post when I get home. Wohooo!

<< <i>FINALLY NAILED A BIG CELLO PACKS CAME TODAY AND IN MY 75 I PULLED A BEAUTIFUL YOUNT AND NOLAN RYAN!!! >>

CONGRATS!

Was the Young on back of pack?

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.

• << <i>JUST PULLED A JORDAN!! I bought (3) 86-87 Fleer Packs this time and pulled my first Jordan. I only opened one pack so far. I will scan and post when I get home. Wohooo! >>

I think you are the second one so far who has hit a Jordan. Thats a sweet pull. How is the condition?
  • handymanhandyman Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats!!
    Looks like the Jordans are done . image
    Cant wait to see a pic!!
  • lahmejoonlahmejoon Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭
    Yup - that makes 2 Jordans. Only 1.27 left in that box.
    2 jordans have been pulled so far , a box yields 3-4 , so there are possibly 2 more image
    Im also thinking because the box didnt sell out that the 3rd might be in the rest of the box.
    Might be 1 or 2 stickers left. And if we are lucky one more jordan rc.
    Good luck to everyone!!!
    Im still waiting on my packs
  • I bet we will see one more get pulled and probably one will stay sealed in the pack seeing as there are alot of people who are getting the packs graded. I think this just shows how legit that Steve and the guys at BBCE are that their boxes aren't searched. I'm kinda wishing that i would've bougyt one of the packs.
  • also a bob gibson in the 75 cello...may have just funded the little guys college tuition with this 75 cello!!!
  • scmavlscmavl Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭
    Got my packs today. '89 UD, '82-84 Topps BB, and '86 Topps football didn't yield much. However, I did pull a Pujols Chrome RC (OC though, maybe a 9) in the '01 TT and a well centered but slightly dinged Elway RC in the '84 Topps FB (likely an 8). I'm keeping one of the Star Wars packs sealed, I opened the one that had a ripped/exposed corner.

Fun break, but I need to be reminded why I ever buy '84 Topps baseball...
    2.5 is pretty much my speed.
    were these sent out UPS or USPS?
  • MiniDuffMiniDuff Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭
    Got my packs today, by far the most diverse lot I have done in one of our breaks. Definately regretting taking the last two 75 football on an impulse. Overall, it was fun. Pulled a Frank Thomas on the first pack I opened (90 leaf, 8ish due to a corner). Best cards I pulled by far were from fleer basketball, scan below (the snow is my scanner):
    1975 Mini Collector
    ebay id Duffs_Dugout
    My Ebay Auctions
  • UPS
  • no the yount was 4 cards deep, i remember hearing one pack had the yount on the back so was surprised to pull it.
  • @MiniDuff

If you are interested in selling the 1987-88 Fleer Jordan PM me...That is the last card I need for the set.
  • bcubsbcubs Posts: 344 ✭✭✭
    Got mine Tuesday and have not had a chance to post. Got a nice Kareem card out of 86-87 Fleer that's going in my next sub as well as an Isiah Thomas, My Akeem and Kareem stickers both had creases which was a bummer. The 75 pack was nice too with a really sharp #7 Highlights and a Willie Stargell that is well centered and clean. Also upgraded a few common cards in my 75 set which is a plus. Can't wait for the next break!

Appreciate today-

Bill

• That’s a super sharp 87-88 Jordan. 9 at minimum. Beautiful centering and razor sharp corners from what I can see on my computer. Lucky you!
    Got mine.
    I busted 4 1980 Topps HK, 4 1986 Topps HK, 1 1987 Fleer BK , 1 1988 Fleer BK, 2 1986 FB, 1984 FB, 2 1981 FB, 4 1980-81 HK, 1 1975 FB and Im keeping 6 1987 Fleer BK, 1 1988 Fleer BK, 1 1986 Fleer BK, 1 1979 Topps BK unopened.
    here were my top 4 pulles from this stuff.

• Here is the Jordan I pulled today. A little Off-Center but very clean.
  • galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,542 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks once again to Steve and Mark for another outstanding group rip. BBCE is synonymous with integrity, and I can't emphasize enough how appreciative I am for that. I yanked a Rickey from my two '80 packs, and a Montana emerged from two '81 packs. On deck this evening: a stab at water into wine. Both have issues of the centering variety, but that belies the point. My '75 cello (in superb condition, btw) has a nicely centered Morgan on back. Speaking of issues, that's exactly what my scanner has, otherwise I'd replace words with faces.

you'll never be able to outrun a bad diet

Great pull! nice Jordan
  • jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got my packs today. I can honestly say this is the worst I have ever done on one of these pack rips. My best cards were an Upper Deck Nolan Ryan and a 86/87 Mario Lemieux.
    James
    Just busted 6 more 1987-88 Fleer BKs and got 3 Clyde Drexlers.
    Eh
    Only one left is the 1986-87 Fleer but Im not going to open it.
  • Final tally just got through all my packs pretty happy with the results

1 75 cello-nolan ryan potential 9 perfect card but centering 35-65ish, yount 35-65 centering fisheye on brewers logo at the top 4 sharp corners, bob gibson sharp corners but 20-80 centering.
    2-80 cellos-decent looking yount...nothing else.
    2-81 cellos-potential gem mint pete rose, sharp harold baines but centering 65-35, reggie jackson & paul molitor both 30-70 centering
    2-82 cellos-nice looking pete rose
    2-83 cellos-nothing worth noting
    2-84 donruss-strawberry centering is a little off
    2-84 fleer-gem nolan ryan
    2-89 UD-nothing
    2-90 leaf-gem larry walker
    2-75 football- stunning terry bradshaw...can not find a flaw on this...was the only card centered in my two packs think it grades a 10
    2-81 football cellos- 9 or 10 gatineau rookie, very badly centered walter payton, off centered phil simms
    2 84 football cellos and 2 packs-nicely centered montana with left corner ding, gem rickey jackson, dwight stevenson and jackie slater..very nice centering in the 84's with I could have landed Elway or Marino
    2 85 wax-nice bears Walter Payton team card
    2-87 fleer wax basketball- crappy stickers..ewing, wilkens, erving...a disappointment ok centering
    2-88 fleer-pippen and abdul jabbar both have some centering issues.
  • lahmejoonlahmejoon Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭
    The wait is torturous! I think I'm definitely going to do expedited shipping next time!
  • No kidding, the wait is a drag !

Nice pulls all !! And to those who struck out, just wasn't your turn, you get the next ones ! I just want to pull an Aaron from one of the two 76 packs that are on their way.
  • SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    Here's the best of what I pulled from 1 pack of each year. Interestingly the Paytons were the top and bottom cards of the 86 Topps pack but I didn't know it til I opened it!

imageimage
    imageimage

"Molon Labe"

• tmgrnzx9rtmgrnzx9r Posts: 546 ✭✭✭
    The wait for packs is finally over...
    Some packs were opened and some were not

4 89 UD packs yielded nothing of note
    4 01 Topps Traded packs one gold /2001 and nothing else of note

4 76 Topps Baseball Wax Packs- keeping sealed

1 75 Topps Cello Pack- keeping sealed!!

Thanks again to Mark for setting this up!!! And thanks to BBCE for their great products and service!!
    And the mystery of who got the Young pack is solved!

• ssollarsssollars Posts: 933 ✭✭✭✭
    Got my cards today...

1-75FB Wax - One dead centered common and a decent AFC Champs, the rest were OC and MC.
    1-81FB Cello - Decent cards but no stars.
    4-81FB Wax - 6 centered commons, one tilted star (Monk), the rest were OC
    2-82FB Cello - Tilt and centering issue on most, 2 stars (Payton, Lott) one OC one tilted
    4-86FB Wax - Pretty nice cards, many centered commons and two nice stars (Marino, Smith)
    2-80 Star Wars ESB Series III - Really sharp cards, most well centered, why couldn't Topps cut cards like this back then! image

Always fun...

P.S.

I've got two '58 FB cellos sitting in the safe for some major carnage this winter!!!!!
  • ldfergldferg Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭
    Nice Jordan pulls and the 75 Yount cello. Keep up the posts.

Are the 81 and 75 cellos packed loose. My experience with cello is they are wrapped so tight, I could never pull anything above an 8 due to the corner bends.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06