Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

WE ARE POPPED!!!! - Anyone interested in Piggybacking on a $10 PSA/DNA Blue Flip Submission

I heard back from Sonia at PSA/DNA. Here's what they can offer us:

$10 per item declared value of $250. Because I personally was hammered my last submission for shipping, I'm going to ask a flat $10.50 per item submitted. You will be responsible for shipping to me, $10.50 per item, and exact shipping back. I will take care of shipping to and from PSA/DNA - including the insurance.

In order to qualify for the discount - we need at least 180 items. Those of you who have said you'd be interested, if you could confirm numbers that'd be great. Items that will qualify include any item that'll fit into a 3x5 index card holder - NOTHING LARGER

Again - $10.50 for $250 declared value or less. I will ask that you have your items to me by August 31st, and I will mail them off to PSA/DNA on the Tuesday after Labor Day assuming we hit 180. I will keep this front post updated as people confirm numbers so I can see where we stand in regards to the 180.

After you've confirmed, PM me what you have in the following format: Or if that's confusing, I'll provide you an excel template to use to fill out.

Qty / Sport, Historical, or Entertainment / Item or Type / Primary Autograph / Declared value.
Example:
2/Football/Card/Peyton Manning/$50 Each
1/Football/Cut/Jim Finks/$125

Payment by Paypal gift/paypal regular (enough to cover the fees)/cash/money order/check accepted.

Paypal address is dhohbein@bepc.com

My Previous Submission

Raiderguy10: 74 CARDS RECEIVED - PAID
Kerryville: 2 CARDS RECEIVED PAID
IronManFive: 8 CONFIRMED
Blee1: 20 CARDS RECEIVED PAID
Alifawax: 6 PAID CARDS RECEIVED.
MizzouTigerFan: 5 PAID CARDS RECEIVED
Hookem: 3 CARDS RECEIVED PAID
Eyebone: 6 CARDS RECEIVED - PAID
CSUrunandstun: 3 PAID - CARDS RECEIVED
ROCKDJRW: 8 CARDS RECEIVED - PAID
churchiscool: 13 CARDS RECEIVED PAID
Foo3112: 5 CARDS RECEIVED PAID
yankees001: 3 CARDS RECEIVED - PAID
Dboneesq: 8 CARDS RECEIVED - PAID
mrmint23: 3 PAID - CARDS RECEIVED
cardsnbeads: 7 CARDS RECEIVED PAID
uyu906: 8 CARDS RECEIVED PAID
1980scollector: 4 PAID CARDS RECEIVED
BPORTER26: 2 RECEIVED PAID
bellagiopokerking: 20 CONFIRMED PAID
hockeycrazy: 1 RECEIVED PAID
Loyalty32: 2 RECEIVED PAID
effe: 1 RECEIVED PAID
Jmhockey23: 15 RECEIVED PAID
JHS5120: 27 PAID CARDS RECEIVED
sportscardstop: 4 CARDS RECEIVED - PAID
bigjed: 3 CARDS RECEIVED PAID
Bossplayer: 10 CARDS RECEIVED PAID
TNSPRO: 24 RECEIVED - PAID
KLS23: 44 RECEIVED PAID
CATMAN: 13 CARDS RECEIVED PAID

356 Total Items to PSA
Collect HOF Autos and Anything Raiders.

"In Al We Trust!"

Looking for Autos of HOFers Charles Bidwill, Tim Mara, Joe Carr, Fritz Pollard, Guy Chamberlin & Bill Hewitt

Comments

• Options
    kerryvillekerryville Posts: 341 ✭✭✭
    I would be in for 2 to 4 cards.
    Looking for:
    1992 Collectors Edge Football case?
  • Options
    raiderguy10raiderguy10 Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I would be in for 2 to 4 cards. >>

Sounds good. I'll add you to the list. There is no minimum qty either. You will solely be responsible for shipping to me, and shipping back to you. I'll take care of the shipping to/from PSA.

"In Al We Trust!"

Looking for Autos of HOFers Charles Bidwill, Tim Mara, Joe Carr, Fritz Pollard, Guy Chamberlin & Bill Hewitt
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭
    i'd be in for five

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭
    What is better for the value of a autographed card a Blue or Red flip?
  • Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭
    Not more than 5, probably 3.5x5 inch
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options

<< <i>What is better for the value of a autographed card a Blue or Red flip? >>

The PSA collectors will say the red flip because you authenticate/grade the card at the same time. Resale value wise, I've actually had better luck with the blue flip - as that's what most people looking for autos are familiar with. But in reality the red ones should - even though it doesn't always play out that way.

"In Al We Trust!"

• Options
    blee1blee1 Posts: 713 ✭✭✭
    Depending on price, I'd probably have 10-20
    Skips PSA Exchange
    Successful transactions with: yankeeno7, raiderguy10, Beck6, CDsNuts, DaveP01, Dboneesq, Elemenopeo, gameusedhoop, georgebailey2, Goldlabels, gstarling, justmichael, etc

Working on.........
    Tony Dorsett Master Set
    1977 Topps Mexican FB (raw)
    1957 Topps FB Set (raw or graded)
  • Options
    I'm going to try for $10 again, but I'm going to be conservative and assume $12 per item. I'm guessing the $10 monthly specials are a thing of the past now. But I'll try my best

"In Al We Trust!"

• Options

<< <i>Not more than 5, probably 3.5x5 inch >>

More Star Wars ones? I tried sending a few TTM for my son from your list - he got James Earl Jones, a Carrie Fisher ghost (but Leia is his pretend girlfriend so he was happy), Bobba Fett, and Yoda back. Thanks again for the help. Do you have any dupes for sale??

"In Al We Trust!"

• Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    I have 5-6 cards.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    eyeboneeyebone Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭
    derrick

can the "homemade" cards that doran used to make be holdered in the blue flip? either way count me in for about 5.

thanks, eyebone
    "I'm not saying I'm the best manager in the world, but I'm in the top one." Brian Clough
  • Options

<< <i>derrick

can the "homemade" cards that doran used to make be holdered in the blue flip? either way count me in for about 5.

thanks, eyebone >>

As long as they will fit into a holder that would be smaller than the 8x10 holder, custom cuts can be encapsulated in the blue flip.

"In Al We Trust!"

• Options
    PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    can the "homemade" cards that doran used to make be holdered in the blue flip?

They certainly can. On my last blue flip submission, a fellow CU forum member piggybacked with me and he submitted a very nice doran custom and it received a very nice grade.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    hookemhookem Posts: 971 ✭✭
    I have a Tommy Nobis rookie I just bought on the board that I would love to get slabbed.
    Hook'em
  • Options

<< <i>I have a Tommy Nobis rookie I just bought on the board that I would love to get slabbed. >>

OK - just the one??

"In Al We Trust!"

• Options
    I would be interested in atleast 4-5 maybe more.
  • Options

<< <i>I would be interested in atleast 4-5 maybe more. >>

Got you down.

"In Al We Trust!"

• Options
    CSUrunandstunCSUrunandstun Posts: 573 ✭✭✭
    I have 3 auto'd cards to throw in if it is still OK...
    Successful transactions with FavreFan1971, ffishonn, Davemri, Publius, DavidPuddy, frcarvell, recbball, and many others...
  • Options
    CSUrunandstunCSUrunandstun Posts: 573 ✭✭✭
    3 cards, not 5 please...
    Successful transactions with FavreFan1971, ffishonn, Davemri, Publius, DavidPuddy, frcarvell, recbball, and many others...
  • Options
    abcoltsfanabcoltsfan Posts: 802 ✭✭✭
    I have 3 I would like to send in If I can. Thanks.

Working on the following sets
    1980's and 1990's Topps Baseball BBCE FASC - Cello or Wax Boxes
    1952 Bowman US Presidents PSA 7 & up
    Pro Football Hall of Fame Indianapolis Colts PSA Registry Set
    June 9th Cubs full ticket or stubs - 1981 to 2020
    Andre Dawson Topps Basic registry PSA 10's
    Mark Grace Topps Basic registry PSA 10's

• Options
    ROCKDJRWROCKDJRW Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭
    I would be in for five to ten.
    Collect Ozzie Guillen Cards
    Unique Chicago Cards
    Wrestling Cards
  • Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Not more than 5, probably 3.5x5 inch >>

More Star Wars ones? I tried sending a few TTM for my son from your list - he got James Earl Jones, a Carrie Fisher ghost (but Leia is his pretend girlfriend so he was happy), Bobba Fett, and Yoda back. Thanks again for the help. Do you have any dupes for sale?? >>

Glad he got some good successes. Chewie signs for $20-$25 through his site. You can send in or purchase pics direct.

1 will be a palpatine custom (depending on when this sub is due), not sure what the rest will be. Possibly signed star wars CCG cards. I have a few duplicates on CCG cards. Not the main cast though. I will take a look and see what I could part with in the next day or two.

Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options
    EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭
    How long do these subs usually take?

I could do 3-5, but I'll be moving soon.

PENCIL me in for 5, and I can let you know once we get more particulars.
    My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.
  • Options

<< <i>How long do these subs usually take?

I could do 3-5, but I'll be moving soon.

PENCIL me in for 5, and I can let you know once we get more particulars. >>

The last one I did took almost the full 45 business days - so it was a long one. I'm guessing it'll be 2-3 weeks before I'd be able to sub it, so I'm guessing it'll pop in 3 months or so - assuming we even have enough to qualify for a bulk submission.

I can hold onto anything you'd like me to as well until you are finished moving. Don't let that be a determining factor as far as you being worried about getting them somehow.

"In Al We Trust!"

• Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    I think I have 2-3 I can send
  • Options
    EchoCanyonEchoCanyon Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭
    i have 5-7
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

The last one I did took almost the full 45 business days - so it was a long one. I'm guessing it'll be 2-3 weeks before I'd be able to sub it, so I'm guessing it'll pop in 3 months or so - assuming we even have enough to qualify for a bulk submission.

I can hold onto anything you'd like me to as well until you are finished moving. Don't let that be a determining factor as far as you being worried about getting them somehow. >>

i know there's different genres of autos in the submission, but why does it take 4x the time? from my may/june subs they each took exactly 10 business days to pop. i'm waiting to see if there will be another $12 special for august.
  • Options
    Because at the time we made the submission, everyone was running long. I'm still waiting on a 9 item submission that logged in the beginning of July. It just depends on how busy they are - and with the National around the corner I'm going to be conservative and say it'll be a longer wait. We just got done with back-to-back $12 submissions, so I'm also going to guess it'll be a few months before we see another one of those. Which is why I decided to try and put it together now (of course I've been wrong on assumptions before).

"In Al We Trust!"

• Options
    I sent Sonia an email this morning, and got the out of office notification. I forwarded my note onto Kristie, and she said we will need to wait until Sonia's back from the Naitonal on August 7th to see about our bulk submission. So if you are interested let me know, because the more we have the better chance we have of qualifying.

"In Al We Trust!"

• Options
    mccardguy1mccardguy1 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭
    I would be in for 5 or so dependening on price. And if my work bonus comes in....I might be in for more!! image
    I am on a budget and I am not afraid to use it!!
  • Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭
    I have 1 card and 1 ticket that would prob fit a regular size slab. Are tickets ok for the blue flip and does anyone know if PSA will include the same details they do for tickets on the red flip just no grade?
    Thanks
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options

<< <i>I have 1 card and 1 ticket that would prob fit a regular size slab. Are tickets ok for the blue flip and does anyone know if PSA will include the same details they do for tickets on the red flip just no grade?
    Thanks >>

They can go in the blue flip. But it'll be labeled just as a ticket - it won't authenticate the ticket. I have this, but these obviously won't have an auto grade on it. I actually am submitting another ticket exactly like this one for this sub if we can work it out.

"In Al We Trust!"

• Options
    i have 7-8 regular size sports cards ready to go. if there's no special i would be in for at least that. if this takes a few weeks to finalize i might have a couple more cards. (at around $12 or under)
  • Options
    NamesJayNamesJay Posts: 327 ✭✭
    Are there different charges for different autographs?

For example, do celebrities and athletes cost the same for authentication?
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>Are there different charges for different autographs?
    For example, do celebrities and athletes cost the same for authentication? >>

When there is a "Special" it is the same price for everyone. HOWEVER, there will be a limit on the value of the autograph. If the SPECIAL is for autographed cards with a maximum value of $100.00, they will NOT slab a MANTLE or President Nixon, for example.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The last one I did took almost the full 45 business days - so it was a long one. I'm guessing it'll be 2-3 weeks before I'd be able to sub it, so I'm guessing it'll pop in 3 months or so - assuming we even have enough to qualify for a bulk submission.

I can hold onto anything you'd like me to as well until you are finished moving. Don't let that be a determining factor as far as you being worried about getting them somehow. >>

Great. Pencil me in for 5, then.

I should have everything resolved by early October(ish) anyway.

My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.
  • Options
    This is awesome.

Can you put me down for 3 cards please.

Thanks!
    Marc
  • Options

<< <i>This is awesome.

Can you put me down for 2 cards please.

Thanks!
    Marc >>

ok. hoping it'll work out for us

"In Al We Trust!"

• Options
    I would probably be in for 2-4
  • Options
    Right now I have 3 to send in.

I have a few (18) out to be signed right now. So depending on when this happens, I could have more.

Dave
  • Options
    hookemhookem Posts: 971 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I have a Tommy Nobis rookie I just bought on the board that I would love to get slabbed. >>

OK - just the one?? >>

Actually 2 now with the possibility of 2 more if I get them back in time.
    Hook'em
  • Options
    As of now I'll give Sonia a quote of 135 - 129 card sized and 6 oversized. I'll also let her know that if she can pull off a $250 for $10, that there'll be more coming. I plan on emailing her the morning of the 7th before she gets back to work from the Naitonal, so I'll keep counting anyone interested until then.

"In Al We Trust!"

• Options
    as of right now i have 10 cards to go @$12...if you can get a $250@$10 deal i'm in for a few more.
  • Options
    uyu906uyu906 Posts: 276 ✭✭
    Can 3 x 5 index cards be sent in?
    Looking to trade for, or purchase, raw or graded vintage for my baseball sets: 1927 York Caramel, 1951 Bowman, 1957 Topps, 1967-1979.
    http://richsbaseball.webs.com
  • Options

<< <i>Can 3 x 5 index cards be sent in? >>

Don't know if anything can be sent in yet - but yes I'm including index cards as an oversized item. So let me know how many you have and we'll see early next week what they say.

"In Al We Trust!"

• Options
    HuggyfaceHuggyface Posts: 300 ✭✭
    If they will lower the price to $10 and take bigger items I would probably send in 20+ Perez Steele Cards
  • Options

<< <i>If they will lower the price to $10 and take bigger items I would probably send in 20+ Perez Steele Cards >>

OK - I'm going to hold off on adding you until we find out. Again I'm thinking we will get $12, but will hope for the best. I'll also tell her I've got lots more lined up if we can get to $10 - maybe that'll help

"In Al We Trust!"

• Options
    Bump. I'm emailing Sonia a count Monday morning so it's there when she gets back Tuesday. If you want to be included please let me know.

"In Al We Trust!"

• Options
    At $10 per, I would have between 10-20. Dave
  • Options

<< <i>At $10 per, I would have between 10-20. Dave >>

ok. I'll leave it of though and use it as incentive to get $10 :-)

"In Al We Trust!"