Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia

RIP Chreap card for card thread! Thanks to everyone who got involved!!!

Comments

• DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    FLYWATER ... PM sent.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • It was brought to my attention that my lot was valued pretty low and as such....

Not realizing what my lot was actually worth, I am back to collecting after a good number of years of being away. I'd like to pull out and let Jeff take the lot. I will build my collection and watch before I participate.

No hard feelings what so ever
    Collecting 80's baseball
  • vettfanaticvettfanatic Posts: 643 ✭✭✭
    Well it looks like the lot was given up so I will take it. Heres my offer. 4 unopened cellos with stars showing.

1983 Topps w/ Pete Rose all star
    1982 Topps w/ Paul Molitor
    1986 Topps w/ Ricky Henderson
    1985 Topps football w/ Dan Marino on back

I'll give it 24 hours and change it up if needed.

Thanks
    Jeff

• I will take it!

Always looking for Vintage Yankees & NASCAR

Eric
  • Let's try a Stallworth rookie I recently picked up. Don't worry, if no one takes this in 24 hours I will change it up.

Eric
  • Bump. Switched it up.

Eric
  • Scottiec2288Scottiec2288 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭
    I will take the Stallworth
    My offering is 1963 ERA LEADERS SGC 84 3 HOF
    NEW OFFERING
  • Would love to have the John Stallworth if it is still available. I will post a few cards in a few once I figure out how to do it. Thanks
  • I will take the ERA leaders card. My offering is a '91 Stadium Club #2 Emmitt Smith BGS 9.5. Subgrade for corners is 9, the rest are 9.5. I have no way of posting a pic of this card right now, but you should have a pretty good idea of what it will look like.

Also throwing in this '75 Topps FB lot as a bonus. Nicely centered lot, no creases, EX-MT on average.

'Sir, I realize it's been difficult for you to sleep at night without your EX/MT 1977 Topps Tom Seaver, but I swear to you that you'll get it safe and sound.'
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

*1956 Topps baseball- 97.4% complete, 7.24 GPA
    *Clemente basic set: 85.0% complete, 7.89 GPA
  • I will take it WalterSobchak. Thanks
    Wondering what lot you will be putting up.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Wondering what lot you will be putting up. >>

Oh.....you mean I have to put something back up in its place?? I thought that was it.
  • << Wondering what lot you will be putting up. >> Oh.....you mean I have to put something back up in its place?? I thought that was it.

Thats actually pretty funny, hehehe
  • Here is what I am offering today. Sorry no scans, but all cards are in excellent condition

Greg Maddux 1987 Fleer U-68 RC
    Chipper Jones 1991 Bowman #569 RC
    Tom Glavine 1988 Topps # 779 RC
    John Smoltz 1989 Bowman # 266 RC
    Chipper Jones 2007 SPX Winning Material WM-CJ 008/199
    Bruce Sutter 2008 SP Legendary memorabilia LM-BS 08/40

If you want them, just PM. Thanks

• << <i>Sorry no scans, but all cards are in excellent condition >>

Excellent, like PSA 5 quality?
  • These cards are raw, they are nice cards. Will see if I can scan them tomorrow at work. Thanks
  • Maybe we should add to the rules a little:

Cards with NO scans MUST be in a PSA case. That we we have an idea of what we are truly getting.

No offense to the current offering but raw *modern* cards with no scans is going to be a tough sale. Maybe you can take a picture with your phone and upload it. Takes the fun out when there's no scans - Or since we try and keep the value between $20-25, maybe 1 card might be better.
  • NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    Foo - BGS/BVG/SGC cards shouldn't require scans either.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Correct Nick
    LuvSouth, don't take it personal but if offering raw cards you must have a scan. You can get away with graded as others can post a scan of something similar with the same grade that you state. If not this is where this will end!!!
    Luv Southern ... are you going to be able to post pictures?
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    Pics needed for sure........
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    I haven't participated in this but enjoy watching the action. Seems though it's heading away from the original concept of one card and heading quickly in the direction of the other thread (multiple cards)?

"Molon Labe"

• The rules in the very first post in this thread state 1 card for 1 card. It has also been stated multiple times throughout the thread. Very simple to understand.

I should probably post about this in the thread about what grinds your gears about the hobby.

Dave

• << <i>The rules in the very first post in this thread state 1 card for 1 card. It has also been stated multiple times throughout the thread. Very simple to understand.

I should probably post about this in the thread about what grinds your gears about the hobby.

Dave >>

You should be able to put packs on here as well.

Eric
  • wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    I can see packs being alright......
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable

• << <i>I can see packs being alright...... >>

I think everyone would be happy with that...... basically it should be 1 item for 1 item.
    It's ashamed to see this thread dead again. It's been fun to participate in and watch. image

Jeff

• << <i>It's ashamed to see this thread dead again. It's been fun to participate in and watch. image

Jeff >>

No doubt. Time for Walter to put the 91 Emmitt Smith SC BGS 9.5 back up. That will get this thread going again.

Eric
  • I will give LuvSouthern some more time to post pics or a different lot before I put my lot back up for grabs.
    'Sir, I realize it's been difficult for you to sleep at night without your EX/MT 1977 Topps Tom Seaver, but I swear to you that you'll get it safe and sound.'
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

• BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think one problem is that the thread has strayed too much from it's roots. It started because the 'pay it forward' thread spiraled out of control. This thread was supposed to be ONE card only (and I think originally said to keep the value around $20). It was entertaining while it lasted.

Another problem is that people would come out of the woodwork accusing people of trying to make a quick buck. If people held to the $20 rule, that would not have been an issue.
    Daniel

• << <i> Let's keep it 1 card for 1 card, it will make things much easier for everyone!

Here is the first offering:

1962 Topps Warren Spahn # 100 raw, in the VG range.

I have no scan of the actual card, but it has a very similar look to the card in the scan used as example only:

image >>

From the original post.

You are correct it started out simple 1 card for 1 card.

Things have changed.
    Dave
  • Things have changed because some are cheap and try to pawn off 10 $2 cards OR some think that this is the perfect place to dump all there OC cards. The truth of the matter is that most of us are knowledgeable collectors so no one is going to get fooled by cheap offerings. $20 isn't even expensive, just make your 1 card a decent pick and this thread should move along nicely.

I say 1 for 1. If you cant follow that, then you shouldn't participate. Now lets get this going on. I love looking at the offerings when they are genuine.
  • LuvSouthern, we'd like to keep this thread moving along. It's been three days and no one has claimed your current lot. Please switch it up.
    If you haven't posted a new card/lot by the end of the day Friday, I will be putting the Emmitt card back up for grabs.
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

• HallcoHallco Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>LuvSouthern, we'd like to keep this thread moving along. It's been three days and no one has claimed your current lot. Please switch it up.
    If you haven't posted a new card/lot by the end of the day Friday, I will be putting the Emmitt card back up for grabs. >>

I think you are a good man ... I would put it back up now.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• goraidersgoraiders Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭

<< <i>image
    I think you are a good man ... I would put it back up now. >>

If all else fails,I always just agree with sIR Doug on all matters.S I say Emmit it is +2image
    J.R.
    Needs'
    1972 Football-9's high#'s
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8
    HAHA. Where the hell ya been JR?
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

The other thread appears to be cruising along lets get this one going again. I say put the Emmit Smith back up now.

Jeff
  • I believe we have given LuvSouthern more than ample time to post pics of his lot or put up a new lot. I have not heard from him since the 10th, which was the last day he posted to this thread.

Therefore, the '91 Stadium Club Emmitt Smith BGS 9.5 is once again available. Whomever takes it also gets the fifteen '75 Topps FB cards pictured below as a bonus. If no one has claimed this by Sunday, I will switch it up.

Also, I received my card from Scottiec2288 and it looks great. Thanks Scott!!!

-CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

I received my Stallworth today from Pre72, thanks
  • TTT
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

• BunkerBunker Posts: 3,926
    ttt

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation
  • OK, looks like no one is going to take the Emmitt, so we'll try something else.
    Pick any ONE card listed below:

1. 2002 Topps Pristine #151 Joe Mauer RC- BGS 9.5 (subgrades: corners- 9, everything else- 9.5)
    2. 1971 Topps #357 Reds Team- PSA 8
    3. 1971 Topps #386 Red Sox team- PSA 8
    4. 1971 Topps #641 Mets team- PSA 8

All cards are very nicely centered.
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

• Allow me to add to Walter's lot. I will include any one of the PSA 10's that I had previously offered.
    Scoreboard Malfunction
    I'll take it. From Walter, Reds team card. From LodiBrew, Ripken. I'll figure out my offering shortly.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
    Your choice of 1 of the following:

1940 Play Ball Sammy West (#22) PSA 6
    1940 Play Ball Bob "Suitcase" Seeds (#91) PSA 6
    1952 Topps Maurice McDermott (#119) PSA 5
    1954 Bowman Bob Lemon (#196) PSA 5
    1954 Topps Al Sima (#216) PSA 7
    1974 Topps Stamps Reggie Jackson PSA 8

Nick

[edited to remove card that shouldn't have been listed]
    Reap the whirlwind.

How's the centering on this one? 1952 Topps Maurice McDermott (#119) PSA 5

Thanks
    Jeff
  • bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    I will take it