Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia

RIP Chreap card for card thread! Thanks to everyone who got involved!!!

Ok, here we go. Offer 1 card. The first person to post "Mine" gets it! That person needs to then list 1 card and so on and so forth! No cards over $20.00 please. Keep it fun, no drama and no whining! image If you don't want the card listed, don't take it! Any sport, any year. To keep interest, let's not do no name commons unless there is a good reason(error,variation,etc..)Post a card that you think someone would actually want! imageLet's keep it 1 card for 1 card, it will make things much easier for everyone!

Here is the first offering:

1962 Topps Warren Spahn # 100 raw, in the VG range.

I have no scan of the actual card, but it has a very similar look to the card in the scan used as example only:

Comments

• HallcoHallco Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, I figured that this would go over pretty well since the other one had so much drama...guess not?? image
  • zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    Didn't even notice this thread till just now. Another good idea. I'll be watching this one too

• bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    Great idea hallco!! Good luck!
  • "Mine"

Give me a few to grab something that might be of interest to someone.

edit: Here we go...nothing amazing but a pretty decent card. If it isn't up to people's standards I won't be offended and will switch it out.

Sweet! PM sent to Goot for shipping info! image
  • MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    I guess I will help this thread along as well, I will take the card Goot. I have a LaRoche GU bat I can pair it with.

Will post a card shortly.

Here are a couple photos of my bat, not for free in this thread, and I will remove the photos if it is confusing, however, I always liked how he wraps the ends of his bats, all a little different, of course, but here's mine.

Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    I'll take it Mark!

Just kidding, it's not confusing. Nice gamer.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com

Okay, a 1983 Topps Chris Bando Auto PSA/DNA Slabbed Card. The underdog set of the 80s.

Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
  • royalbrettroyalbrett Posts: 620 ✭✭✭
    Great idea! I might actually be able to participate in this one.
    Yeah, I uploaded that KC icon in 2001
  • I will take the Bando, my card coming...

1934-36 Batter Up R318 #73 Hack Wilson. Has writing and paper loss on back. Don't know who the Roger Everitt autograph is of...

Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • vettfanaticvettfanatic Posts: 643 ✭✭✭
    I'll take the Hack Wilson. My offering is a 1959 Topps Roger Maris. The card is off center and has slight wax staining. It does have pretty nice corners. Who wants a Maris 2nd year for free?

• Ill take the Maris! Thanks. I love that card image

Okay, who wants a nice looking and perfectly centered Jeter rookie?

• gumbyfangumbyfan Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭
    I'll take the Jeter. I'll post my card when I get home from work.
  • Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll take the Jeter for my son's collection, I will post my "Trade" card when I get home from the office in a couple of hours.

Thanks!
    Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
    Doh! I got beat to the punch, I'll keep watching!
  • gumbyfangumbyfan Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Doh! I got beat to the punch, I'll keep watching! >>

Your son's collection is far more important than mine. The Jeter is yours! I'll wait for something else. image
  • scmavlscmavl Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭
    I just saw this thread. As the original poster of the PAY IT FORWARD thread, I have contacted my attorney and will be suing you, Hallco, for slander, libel, copyright infringement, trademark utilization, and copycatness. Expect papers to be served by Friday.

This is great. This is what I wanted the original PIF thread to be. Can't wait to get in on this and I hate that I missed that Maris!
    2.5 is pretty much my speed.

<< <i>I just saw this thread. As the original poster of the PAY IT FORWARD thread, I have contacted my attorney and will be suing you, Hallco, for slander, libel, copyright infringement, trademark utilization, and copycatness. Expect papers to be served by Friday.

This is great. This is what I wanted the original PIF thread to be. Can't wait to get in on this and I hate that I missed that Maris! >>

I'll make sure I have my bow tie on when those legal papers come Jarrod! imageimage All thanks goes to you for coming up with this fantastic idea for the members of the this forum to take a little and give a little back. Stuff like this is what we need to got to get back to the passion we have for the hobby and get us past all of the personal stuff that seems to damper the reason we come here in the first place!
    Are the forum police going to get on our A$$e$ for bumping this thread more than once a day???? image
    Thanks to Craig and Marc for letting me jump in on the Jeter, my son Noah will love it.

So, here's what's next:

1996 Collectors Edge Cowboybilia autographs of Robert Jones and Darrin Smith

• Scottiec2288Scottiec2288 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭
    I'll grab these 2 cards. Thanks

This is next...V/G Pete Rose 1972 no creases just rough corners

• FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    Very nice idea. Posting so I can subscribe to the page. :-)
    Nice Charlie Hustle up...who wants it?
    image for the weekend!

edit
  • EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭
    I'll take the Rose!

ETA: I'll add a card this evening!
    My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.
    My son got the Jeter today, he is thrilled with it! Thanks Marc
  • Your welcome Abe. Glad it got there fine and most of all, your kid enjoys it image

I also received the Maris from Jeff today. If your reading, thanks Jeff! Love that card.
    After claiming the 1972 Rose, here is my offering:

Edited: Look down a few posts.
    My LSU Autographs

Got the LaRoche auto combo Goot, thanks.

I have e-mailed my person but for the sake of full disclosure, I haven't mailed mine yet and will tomorrow the latest. (I sold a card on eBay I need to also mail but can't find it....errrrr).
    Got my cards from Kid4hof03. Thanks Abe, very nice autos to add to my collection.
    Would like to play this one as well.....can we switch up if this winds up going stale?

<< <i>Would like to play this one as well.....can we switch up if this winds up going stale? >>

What do you have in mind? I'm always opened to new ideas! image
    Well....when the persons lot sits out there for three days with no takers, pull the lot down and put up something else. This is the cheap version of pay it forward. Should still be a card that someone else would appreciate....
    I'll find something this evening.

Sorry.... been tied up with school. I figured somebody would jump on the Venezuelans.... not as rare as I thought. image
    My LSU Autographs

Updated lot:

Ozzie rookie with the following flaws:

- off center
    - slightly soft lower left corner
    - needs to have the wax on the front pantyhosed off
    (the "stuff" on his sleeve on the left side of the card is a reflection...)

Look down a couple of posts for the pic....
    My LSU Autographs

• Friday morning bump
    Actual scan of the Ozzie in question. If no one TAKES A FREE CARD by Saturday morning, I'll post something else.

My LSU Autographs

• hookemhookem Posts: 971 ✭✭

<< <i>Actual scan of the Ozzie in question. If no one TAKES A FREE CARD by Saturday morning, I'll post something else. >>

I'll take the Ozzie image
    Hook'em
  • I like the Ozzie card. I also believe it to be a perfect card for this thread. I'm just waiting for a card to pop that fits into my collection. I've got a cool card in wait.
    Scoreboard Malfunction

<< <i>I'll take the Ozzie image >>

PM me shipping details and I'll get it out.

I got my 72' Rose today! Couldn't be happier!

ETA: And post something!
    My LSU Autographs

• DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Hookem ... let's keep this rolling. What are you offering up?
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • hookemhookem Posts: 971 ✭✭
    Not sure yet. I will look tonight. I should be able to post something tonight but won't be able to put a pic up till Tuesday night as I will be out of town till then.

*******Sorry got on road for my son's baseball tournament in Houston before I got to post something. I will be back in Austin Monday night********
    Hook'em
  • *cough*
  • Hey Hallco,

Are there any restrictions as far as "how many posts you have" or "length of time as a member" in order to participate in this thread? The other version does so I will have to wait 6 months but I would love to get in on this one! I swear I will post a card if I get one, my probation officer will vouch for me!!!

What has happened to this thread?????

<< <i>Hey Hallco,

Are there any restrictions as far as "how many posts you have" or "length of time as a member" in order to participate in this thread? The other version does so I will have to wait 6 months but I would love to get in on this one! I swear I will post a card if I get one, my probation officer will vouch for me!!!

image >>

Unless you have been a DBOTW candidate under another user name, I think you're ok! image
    What is the current lot?? I believe a lot has been taken and that is it?